PDA

View Full Version : Are Republicans hypocrits on cutting spending?

Roger Perry
01-27-2011, 07:44 AM
Reid to Obama on earmarks: 'Back off'

From NBC's Kelly O'Donnell
Dismissing President Barack Obama's opposition to earmarks as "an applause line," Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid told NBC News on Wednesday that the president should "back off" and let lawmakers continue to direct spending to their home districts
Reid, along with other lawmakers who support earmarking

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/01/26/5925377-reid-to-obama-on-earmarks-back-off

So, the Republicans squak about spending, want to make spending cuts yet earmarks are off the table?????????????????

WRL
01-27-2011, 07:48 AM
What does this have to do with Republicans?

Harry Reid and Barack Obama are DEMOCRATS........so???? I didn't see any comments from any Republicans on the video.

WRL

dnf777
01-27-2011, 07:50 AM
Does a bear shat in the woods?

Ken Bora
01-27-2011, 08:04 AM
What does this have to do with Republicans?
WRL

Nut N Honey :cool:

It depends...

WRL
01-27-2011, 08:06 AM

And you draw that conclusion from exactly what part in the written article or the video? Please point out exactly which paragraph or what timing in the video.

Thanks

WRL

Roger Perry
01-27-2011, 08:56 AM
Republicans Say One Thing In Washington And Something Else At Home (http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/Republicans%20Say%20One%20Thing%20In%20Washington% 20And%20Something%20Else%20At%20Home):

Senate Republicans took a lot of heat yesterday for stuffing a bill with millions of their own earmarks, then trying to claim they oppose earmarks. but Republicans’ earmark hypocrisy is even starker when you compare what they are saying in Washington, DC to what they are saying to their constituents back home.
In D.C., DeMint Decries Earmarks: “Americans want Congress to shut down the earmark favor factory, and next week I believe House and Senate Republicans will unite to stop pork barrel spending…Instead of spending time chasing money for pet projects, lawmakers will be able to focus on balancing the budget, reforming the tax code and repealing the costly health care takeover.” [The Hill, 11/9/10] (http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/128387-sen-demint-lining-up-support-for-ban-on-gop-earmarks)
…But In South Carolina, DeMint Defends Earmarks: “U.S. Sen. Jim DeMint said fellow senators are ‘playing politics’ in blocking his colleague's efforts to secure a $400,000 earmark to study deepening Charleston Harbor.” [Herald Online, 9/11/10 (http://www.heraldonline.com/2010/09/11/2443428/demint-blames-colleagues-for-blocking.html)]

And Requests Millions In Earmarks For FY2011. [Senator Cornyn FY2011 Appropriations Requests (http://cornyn.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?p=FY2011AppropriationsRequestsAE)]
In D.C., Thune Lambasts Earmarks: “The bill is loaded up with pork projects, and it shouldn't get a vote. The bill was crafted behind closed doors, and it hasn't gone through the proper oversight or the proper channels.” [Press Conference, 12/15/10]
In South Dakota, Thune Defends Pet Projects: “He has backed similar moratoriums in the past but the proposed 2011 spending bills Congress will consider in the coming weeks include almost 30 Thune-requested projects, such as money for highway projects, water systems and safety programs on Indian reservations… ‘If you include [South Dakota] projects like Lewis & Clark, you end up costing taxpayers much more in inflation and lost economic opportunities,’ Larson said Monday. ‘We applaud responsible efforts to rein in earmark spending, but if that effort wrongly includes authorized projects like Lewis & Clark, it's counterproductive.’ Thune agrees. ‘There are ways that you can do this that really legitimize Congress spending money, and one is authorized projects that went through the normal process and passed the House and the Senate,’ he said last week. ‘To me, that's a very different thing than an earmark that gets dropped into an appropriations bill in a conference committee that hasn't passed the House and the Senate.’” [Argus Leader, 11/16/10] (http://www.argusleader.com/article/20101116/NEWS/11160327/Push-for-moratorium-on-earmarks-puts-John-Thune-in-pinch)
http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/republican-earmark-hypocrisy

WRL
01-27-2011, 09:06 AM
1) Your link does not work.

2) You make a post about Republicans when the article and video is about Democrats.

3) Now you have posted up an article that is old to justify the original post about Republicans when it was really about Democrats?

Very illogical....too funny.

WRL

road kill
01-27-2011, 09:08 AM
1) Your link does not work.

2) You make a post about Republicans when the article and video is about Democrats.

3) Now you have posted up an article that is old to justify the original post about Republicans when it was really about Democrats?

Very illogical....too funny.

WRL

Let him be known as the "Thread SOILER!!":D

RK

huntinman
01-27-2011, 09:14 AM
But can you soil your own thread when you are the OP??:confused:

Roger Perry
01-27-2011, 09:14 AM
Let him be known as the "Thread SOILER!!":D

RK

Still sour grapes RK???????????? Got anything new?????????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Perry http://new.retrievertraining.net/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://new.retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?p=737532#post737532)
Green Bay Going To SB

Roger, do you have to soil every thread???

RK

"Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway!!"
the Duke

road kill
01-27-2011, 09:17 AM
But can you soil your own thread when you are the OP??:confused:

Well.....YOU be the judge!!:D

RK

huntinman
01-27-2011, 09:18 AM
The old garbage in...garbage out theory...

dnf777
01-27-2011, 09:40 AM
And you draw that conclusion from exactly what part in the written article or the video? Please point out exactly which paragraph or what timing in the video.

Thanks

WRL

The republicans had control of both houses of congress, all the budgetery committees, and the whitehouse for 6 years, and we saw record increases in spending every one of them.

What have YOU seen that makes you think they'll cut spending?

Oh, if you're talking about bears shatting in the woods, I didn't see that in the video. I've stepped in it.

WRL
01-27-2011, 10:37 AM
The republicans had control of both houses of congress, all the budgetery committees, and the whitehouse for 6 years, and we saw record increases in spending every one of them.

What have YOU seen that makes you think they'll cut spending?

Oh, if you're talking about bears shatting in the woods, I didn't see that in the video. I've stepped in it.

Avoid and deflect.

I asked for SPECIFICS in the article or video. You can't name them.

The whole point was that Roger posted up an article that had nothing to do with the thread title.

The article/video is about DEMOCRATS yet he wants to tie that to Republicans. And you just want to pile on, cuz that's what you do. No thought before you do.

WRL

dnf777
01-27-2011, 10:57 AM
Avoid and deflect.

I asked for SPECIFICS in the article or video. You can't name them.

The whole point was that Roger posted up an article that had nothing to do with the thread title.

The article/video is about DEMOCRATS yet he wants to tie that to Republicans. And you just want to pile on, cuz that's what you do. No thought before you do.

WRL

I answered the question directly, and so effectively, you ignored my answer... presumably because you either agree with me, or have no effective response other than to falsely accuse me of avoiding!

I gave you a specific example that lasted 6 years (really 8) showing the GOP hasn't a clue how to cut spending. Show me otherwise!!

WRL
01-27-2011, 01:20 PM
I answered the question directly, and so effectively, you ignored my answer... presumably because you either agree with me, or have no effective response other than to falsely accuse me of avoiding!

I gave you a specific example that lasted 6 years (really 8) showing the GOP hasn't a clue how to cut spending. Show me otherwise!!

No you didn't. I SAID (once again I will reiterate for you) please cite a paragraph or time in the article or video.

You did not and can not do either.

So NO YOU DID NOT ANSWER THE QUESTION.

You try to deflect to other information but I REQUESTED that you cite it based on the original post.

WRL

dnf777
01-27-2011, 01:26 PM
The question posed in the OP was 'are republicans hypocritical when it comes to spending cuts?' I answered sarcastically, "yes".

I don't need Roger's clip to support that. And I won't limit myself to that one particular reference. There's a whole world out there.

Do you not believe that republicans controlled both houses of congress from 2001 to 2006?

Do you not believe GWB's signature is on those budgets?

Do you not believe they were record-setting deficit-spending budgets?

I don't see what your problem is? If you answer those questions HONESTLY, you will have your answer.

WRL
01-27-2011, 01:29 PM
The question posed in the OP was 'are republicans hypocritical when it comes to spending cuts?' I answered sarcastically, "yes".

I don't need Roger's clip to support that. And I won't limit myself to that one particular reference. There's a whole world out there.

Do you not believe that republicans controlled both houses of congress from 2001 to 2006?

Do you not believe GWB's signature is on those budgets?

Do you not believe they were record-setting deficit-spending budgets?

I don't see what your problem is? If you answer those questions HONESTLY, you will have your answer.

Blah blah blah blah.......its like the teacher from peanuts.....

I specifically said in reference to his article or posted video. The whole point is that he posted a thread title that had nothing to do with his "supporting article/video"......

WRL

huntinman
01-27-2011, 01:36 PM
Lee, it's would make more sense to smash your big toe with a hammer than to try to use logic with DNF. Actually the hammer might grasp your argument quicker;-)

WRL
01-27-2011, 01:40 PM
Lee, it's would make more sense to smash your big toe with a hammer than to try to use logic with DNF. Actually the hammer might grasp your argument quicker;-)

He he he....I did notice a headache coming on. I figured it was because of the repetitive beating my head against a brick wall thing.

WRL

mjh345
01-27-2011, 01:41 PM

I .
What is sarcastic about that answer? It looks pretty factual to me

M&K's Retrievers
01-27-2011, 01:49 PM
What's that noise?? Do I hear a pout coming on or a threat or maybe a good old fashion scolding? :shock:

dnf777
01-27-2011, 01:49 PM
Blah blah blah blah.......its like the teacher from peanuts.....

I specifically said in reference to his article or posted video. The whole point is that he posted a thread title that had nothing to do with his "supporting article/video"......

WRL

Guess what? Nobody here has to follow your rules of conversation. I made a statement, backed it up, and had to listen to silly diversions and comments about Charlie Brown's teacher!

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae306/dnf777/images-10.jpg

M&K's Retrievers
01-27-2011, 02:10 PM
Guess what? Nobody here has to follow your rules of conversation. I made a statement, backed it up, and had to listen to silly diversions and comments about Charlie Brown's teacher!

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae306/dnf777/images-10.jpg

You seem to be the one making up all the rules.

Looking for my hall pass regards,

dnf777
01-27-2011, 02:14 PM
You seem to be the one making up all the rules.

Looking for my hall pass regards,

Simple question:

What rule did I make?

M&K's Retrievers
01-27-2011, 02:15 PM
Simple question:

What rule did I make?

Easy answer. If you don't like what someone says, they broke your rules.

ducknwork
01-27-2011, 02:25 PM
Nominated for funniest thread of the day.

dnf777
01-27-2011, 02:41 PM
Easy answer. If you don't like what someone says, they broke your rules.

Uuhhh..I never said that. You just did. Who's making stuff up now?

BTW, this is just more petty BS. I'm done.

M&K's Retrievers
01-27-2011, 05:23 PM

One can only hope.:p

Nor_Cal_Angler
01-27-2011, 08:50 PM
Uuhhh..I never said that. You just did. Who's making stuff up now?

Ohhhh Dave, stop it...your never done...lol;-)

NCA

Nor_Cal_Angler
01-27-2011, 08:53 PM
On the topic....

What was the montra from the left when our President took office...

"come on guys, give'em a chance"

Well, take a big spoon of your medicine....and give these new Republicans a chance....

NCA