PDA

View Full Version : Kinder, Gentler & MORE Quality????????

Marvin S
01-31-2011, 11:11 AM
Yardley returned to POTUS Place!!!!!!!! I must admit I missed him. His return raises the skill level of the opposition, though I believe him to be misinformed about it being a kinder & gentler place. I also believe him only partially informed about much of which he posts, though he is the verbiage king.

I did post, questioning someone's handle on the forum. Though wrong on the exact person, I have a feeling that it will be a while before dippity plays with us :).

& didnotfinish swore off POtus with a self serving post on the main forum, any one taking wagers on how long we will get to enjoy that :cool:. He'll get itchy fingers much quicker than anyone would want him to, & his return will add little to the Washington Generals :-P.

But on a more serious note, Granddaddy made a great post on the tax system & small business based on his experience. Some have tried to change the subject, & Granddaddy has asked them to start their own post on HC. I'm waiting, Yardley & sinner, cause I think Granddaddy will eat your lunch, he appears a knowledgeable player, which the sensible side on this Forum seems to be adding regularly.

& on a lighter note, the winged & 4 legged wildlife find enjoyment on our property this time of year. There is a nice batch of widgeon (my favorite duck) when I feed the wild ones. So have a nice day, it's the only way to go!!!!!!!

M&K's Retrievers
01-31-2011, 11:29 AM
Y

& didnotfinish swore off POtus with a self serving post on the main forum, any one taking wagers on how long we will get to enjoy that :cool:. He'll get itchy fingers much quicker than anyone would want him to, & his return will add little to the Washington Generals :-P.

!

Too late, Marvin. He has already posted 4 times since swearing off. He's not going anywhere especially if Pittsburgh wins.:p

Chris Atkinson
01-31-2011, 11:56 AM
Guys, the thread on accusing DNF of having an alias was:

1) locked

2) unfounded...DNF has no IP matches to any other accounts and stands behind his posts with his real name.

Marvin, your initial accusation was uncalled for, unfounded, mean-spirited and defamatory. I'm shocked that after making the error, you are still publicly taunting.

DNF, your public reaction was uncalled for. Once again, when you get down in the mud and sling it back, you're both covered in mud.

I ask you all to use this POTUS section appropriately...please.

I spent way too much of my weekend fooling around with stuff that I'd rather not have done, all in the name of trying to keep the RTF resource running smoothly.

Marvin, all the things you mention in your subject line, are exactly how POTUS should be. Please make it kinder, gentler, and of higher quality.

DNF, Marvin's sorry on some level that he accused you of something you didn't do....aren't you Marvin?

Chris

Marvin S
01-31-2011, 12:27 PM
DNF, Marvin's sorry on some level that he accused you of something you didn't do....aren't you Marvin?
Chris

Yes, in a way I am, I tried to convey that in the quoted post. I'll make up for that by laying off of what he does do for a while, does that work?

I did post, questioning someone's handle on the forum. Though wrong on the exact person,

Chris, I don't want you to come here any more than you want to come. I appreciate the opportunity to exchange viewpoints & find what others opinions are. Sometimes, separating the wheat from the chaff becomes tedious, & that's when things get out of hand :).

But as some on this forum are quick to point out, it's never their fault!!!!!

Nothing in this post is meant to disrespect anyone, it's just the way things are.

Chris, Thanks again!!!!!!

road kill
01-31-2011, 01:11 PM
Yes, in a way I am, I tried to convey that in the quoted post. I'll make up for that by laying off of what he does do for a while, does that work?

Chris, I don't want you to come here any more than you want to come. I appreciate the opportunity to exchange viewpoints & find what others opinions are. Sometimes, separating the wheat from the chaff becomes tedious, & that's when things get out of hand :).

But as some on this forum are quick to point out, it's never their fault!!!!!

Nothing in this post is meant to disrespect anyone, it's just the way things are.

Chris, Thanks again!!!!!!

I thought it was ALL my fault??!!??!!:shock:
(That's what I have been told)
There do seem to be an abundance of victims around these parts.

Stickin' my nose in regards.........

RK

BonMallari
01-31-2011, 01:16 PM
I thought it was ALL my fault??!!??!!:shock:
(That's what I have been told)
There do seem to be an abundance of victims around these parts.

Stickin' my nose in regards.........

RK

NO RK remember all blame roads lead to Sarah Palin or GWB..connect the dots:p

road kill
01-31-2011, 01:27 PM

Well, I do feel "Kinder & gentler," but it's doubtful I can improve on the "quality" of my posts!!:D

Just sayin'........

RK

BonMallari
01-31-2011, 01:45 PM
Well, I do feel "Kinder & gentler," but it's doubtful I can improve on the "quality" of my posts!!:D

Just sayin'........

RK

You must have had some comfort food for lunch...Have an iced cold longneck and see how the quality of your posts becomes less inhibited and more inciteful...off to the gym, the treadmill awaits

ducknwork
01-31-2011, 01:53 PM

RK could be either one, actually.:o After all, 'he' is still hiding behind his screen name, amid a multitude of calls on the main forum for everyone to use their real name...

How's that for a conspiracy?:cool:

Franco
01-31-2011, 02:40 PM
Missed Yardley and I am glad he is back!

He is the ONLY poster on POTUS that takes the time to detail his thoughts. I may not agree with him on most subjects but, I do respect how he handles himself on POTUS place with all the shameful name calling and snied remarks by those less articulate and way right of center.

Without dissenting opinion, POTUS place would surely be dull. And, it looked for a while that all the insults and name calling was successful in running off dissenting opinion.

If everyone would attack the message with well thouhtout remaks instead of name calling the messenger, we might all learn something! ;-)

Oh and before I forget, I consider myself an old fashioned Conservative. Probably the only one here on POTUS. The rest might think they are Conservatives but, I see BIG Government written all over most so-called Conservatives posting on RTF!

Granddaddy
01-31-2011, 02:55 PM

Speaking of which, already heard today an Obama spokesman critical of the Bush approach to Eygpt, that she asserted has led to their current situation & US inablity to provide effective involvement. :rolleyes:

road kill
01-31-2011, 03:02 PM
Missed Yardley and I am glad he is back!

He is the ONLY poster on POTUS that takes the time to detail his thoughts. I may not agree with him on most subjects but, I do respect how he handles himself on POTUS place with all the shameful name calling and snied remarks by those less articulate and way right of center.

Without dissenting opinion, POTUS place would surely be dull. And, it looked for a while that all the insults and name calling was successful in running off dissenting opinion.

If everyone would attack the message with well thouhtout remaks instead of name calling the messenger, we might all learn something! ;-)

Oh and before I forget, I consider myself an old fashioned Conservative. Probably the only one here on POTUS. The rest might think they are Conservatives but, I see BIG Government written all over most so-called Conservatives posting on RTF!

That's nice, but baloney is baloney no matter how you wrap it.

Oh, so sorry if my comment is "snide," I know none of yours ever are.:rolleyes:

It's amazing how so many are so quick to confess the other guys sins.

I did not know YOU were in charge of administrating the political labels, good to know!!:D
And I am certain Yardley feels much better knowing how you care for him so.
Not sure he could have done all this without you support!!

Just sayin'......

RK

M&K's Retrievers
01-31-2011, 03:06 PM
......., I see BIG Government written all over most so-called Conservatives posting on RTF!

Where?????

Marvin S
01-31-2011, 03:22 PM

Franco, I read the majority of your posts & fail to recall where you, at any time, ever made an issue of that with anyone. & what is an old fashioned conservative? Awaitng your reply :)!!!!!!!!

road kill
01-31-2011, 03:25 PM
Franco, I read the majority of your posts & fail to recall where you, at any time, ever made an issue of that with anyone. & what is an old fashioned conservative? Awaitng your reply :)!!!!!!!!
I, for one, would love to read Franco's idea of what an "old fashioned conservative" is.

Just askin'......

RK

Franco
01-31-2011, 03:46 PM
I, for one, would love to read Franco's idea of what an "old fashioned conservative" is.

Just askin'......

RK

Not just my definition but that of the early Conservative movement in America. Before it was hijacked by the big-government Republicans.

Protect The Constitution and the citizens of the US of A.
Maintain infastructure for commerce.
Maintain a standing Army.

It is very simple! Anything more than that is government too big.

TxHillHunter
01-31-2011, 03:55 PM
Not just my definition but that of the early Conservative movement in America. Before it was hijacked by the big-government Republicans.

I'll sign on for that Party.....unfortunately, the Devil is in the details and we start disagreeing when different folks start "interpreting" the Constitution and defining what "maintain" or "infrastructure" mean. Sigh....

Marvin S
01-31-2011, 05:09 PM

Still a little vague! It depends what some see as being covered by the categories :). In this case I'm asking what functions you see as being covered under the umbrella you have outlined.

Hew
01-31-2011, 05:19 PM

Deja vu all over again..., another of your attempts to convince that conservatism = libertarianism and that you're the only true conservative. Which is kind of odd coming from the guy who used to tout, "border, language, culture." Where do language and culture fit into the framework of your definition of conservatism?

Franco
01-31-2011, 06:06 PM
Deja vu all over again..., another of your attempts to convince that conservatism = libertarianism and that you're the only true conservative. Which is kind of odd coming from the guy who used to tout, "border, language, culture." Where do language and culture fit into the framework of your definition of conservatism?

Under "protecting The Constitution and Citizens".

There isn't a lot of difference between Conservatism and Libetarianism. The both hold Freedom in high regards.

Franco
01-31-2011, 06:09 PM
Still a little vague! It depends what some see as being covered by the categories :). In this case I'm asking what functions you see as being covered under the umbrella you have outlined.

I'm not sitting here and typing a few thousand words for your amusement.
Give me a topic or an area like;

Monetary Policy
Foreign Policy
Domestic Policy

Marvin S
01-31-2011, 06:19 PM
I'm not sitting here and typing a few thousand words for your amusement.
Give me a topic or an area like;

Monetary Policy
Foreign Policy
Domestic Policy

I'll make it easy on you -

Which Federal Depts would you eliminate, would you keep any portion of that Dept., & why? You don't have to go Yardley on us, one liners work, KISS. That will do for a start :).

Franco
01-31-2011, 06:32 PM
I'll make it easy on you -

Which Federal Depts would you eliminate, would you keep any portion of that Dept., & why? You don't have to go Yardley on us, one liners work, KISS. That will do for a start :).

depts of;

education
energy
hud

These would be the three I would start with as they can be eliminated in thier entirity.

Dept of Commerce needs to be redefined and slimmed down.
Same for Transportation and Defense.

Marvin S
01-31-2011, 10:17 PM
depts of;

education
energy
hud

These would be the three I would start with as they can be eliminated in thier entirity.

Dept of Commerce needs to be redefined and slimmed down.
Same for Transportation and Defense.

The 1st 3 eduation, energy & hud, BTW none of which I disagree with give you what? $150 Bil in savings -
Commerce ? how much
Transport - I believe the direction of spending needs to be reprioritized - there are many worthy projects that would improve infrastructure & contribute to overall efficiency in commerce - forget HSR & public transit - both huge money wasters - not sure there is an initial saving.
Defense is the Government's big job - but I agree there are savings available - again how much.

So here you are with about $300 Bil in lower costs on an expected $1.5 Tril deficit next year & down the pike for 4 years - What's next?

Time for a little tough love!!!!!!

Hew
02-01-2011, 02:02 AM
Under "protecting The Constitution and Citizens". Oh, really? Where in the Constitution is the proscribement that English be our official language? Which part calls for protection of culture?

In general, your pretension of being the "true conservative" errs on two fronts...1) your mistaken notion that conservatism has no social components (even conservative icons like Goldwater and Buckley have those skeletons in their closet), and 2) your mistaken/hypocritical notion that your social hot buttons (eg. "borders, language, culture") are a whit damn different than other conservative social hot button items like gay marriage, school prayer, capital punishment, etc.

There isn't a lot of difference between Conservatism and Libetarianism. The both hold Freedom in high regards. True, both value freedom. Whales and mice both breath air; it doesn't make them alike.

Franco
02-01-2011, 05:41 AM

HEW, the entire document is about protecting the American culture! We are defined by our laws. It may not say anything about an official language, that can be assumed. All of our documents are written in English as well as the fact that English is the language of the land. However, with broken boarders and a broken immigration policy our culture is under assault.

I am also well aware that there are some Conservatives that have other priorities. But, the Boarders, Language, Culture mantra are the most important issues if we are to remain a free and sovereign people. In case you haven't noticed, our culture and laws are under attack by those that wish to change it and us.

The US of A is defined not only by our boarders but our culture. I for one am against open boarders, think that all citizens should speak English/American and embrace our culture, the one that made us a great nation.

road kill
02-01-2011, 06:08 AM
HEW, the entire document is about protecting the American culture! We are defined by our laws. It may not say anything about an official language, that can be assumed. All of our documents are written in English as well as the fact that English is the language of the land. However, with broken boarders and a broken immigration policy our culture is under assault.

I am also well aware that there are some Conservatives that have other priorities. But, the Boarders, Language, Culture mantra are the most important issues if we are to remain a free and sovereign people. In case you haven't noticed, our culture and laws are under attack by those that wish to change it and us.
The US of A is defined not only by our boarders but our culture. I for one am against open boarders, think that all citizens should speak English/American and embrace our culture, the one that made us a great nation.

I agree 100% Franco, and right now they occupy the Whitehouse!!!

RK

Hew
02-01-2011, 06:08 AM

I don't disagree with you, per se. I'm just pointing out that despite your protestations, those are largely social issues that are not addressed in the Constitution. You can't, with a straight face, claim that the social issues you care about are OK, but social issues an evangilical Christian care about are against conservative doctrine. There's not a dime's bit of difference between you and the Religious Right; except they're probably a
a little more forgiving of your quasi-racist "borders, language, culture" mantra than you are of their spirituality. ;-)

ducknwork
02-01-2011, 06:40 AM
^^^Hew, nice post...

I think when we start assuming things about the Constitution, that's when the trouble is going to start. If the libs assumed something and made a law based on that assumption, you would probably get your panties all in a wad over it...

Goose and gander regards,

TxHillHunter
02-01-2011, 08:09 AM
I don't disagree with you, per se. I'm just pointing out that despite your protestations, those are largely social issues that are not addressed in the Constitution. You can't, with a straight face, claim that the social issues you care about are OK, but social issues an evangilical Christian care about are against conservative doctrine. There's not a dime's bit of difference between you and the Religious Right; except they're probably a
a little more forgiving of your quasi-racist "borders, language, culture" mantra than you are of their spirituality. ;-)

BINGO!! Well said HEW.

Only thing I would add is that our "American Culture" is a hodge-podge made up of from the cultures brought here by generations of those from OTHER cultures. We are unique in our heterogeneousness.

dnf777
02-01-2011, 08:10 AM
^^^Hew, nice post...

I think when we start assuming things about the Constitution, that's when the trouble is going to start. If the libs assumed something and made a law based on that assumption, you would probably get your panties all in a wad over it...

Goose and gander regards,

The Constitution doesn't say anything about a LOT of matters. But it does delegate authority to congress to make laws, the executive branch to enforce those laws, and a judiciary to determine whether they are allowable, when challenged.

I don't recall seeing anything in the Constitution about having to stop at a red light, but we are all ok with that. The logic that "it doesn't say anything in the Constitution about such and such..." is easily proven bogus in most cases.

Duck's point is right on. However, we should be careful in how we define "American culture", especially if we start legislating from such a position. There's not many things in the world as diverse as the American culture.

luvmylabs23139
02-01-2011, 08:35 AM
Well, that only lasted a few hours, DNF.

M&K's Retrievers
02-01-2011, 08:44 AM
Well, that only lasted a few hours, DNF.

More like minutes.:D

Franco
02-01-2011, 06:50 PM
The 1st 3 eduation, energy & hud, BTW none of which I disagree with give you what? $150 Bil in savings -
Commerce ? how much
Transport - I believe the direction of spending needs to be reprioritized - there are many worthy projects that would improve infrastructure & contribute to overall efficiency in commerce - forget HSR & public transit - both huge money wasters - not sure there is an initial saving.
Defense is the Government's big job - but I agree there are savings available - again how much.

So here you are with about $300 Bil in lower costs on an expected $1.5 Tril deficit next year & down the pike for 4 years - What's next?

Time for a little tough love!!!!!!

Well Marv, those cuts are just on the first day of the job, not to shabby I think;-)

Day two;
Eliminate as many pork projects as possible like the tax money being spent on the developement of Ethanol! Eliminate the DEA and a very high percentage of grants. Look for more departments to eliminate and get the place running like a lean and mean machine, know what I mean? Cut politicians healthcare and pensions, cut other Fed pensions. Blow up Freddie and Fanny, maybe make the wall street thiefs that have made billions off of these two to payback all thier bonus money.

I'll work on Day 3 agenda later.

Marvin S
02-01-2011, 07:23 PM
Day two;
Eliminate as many pork projects as possible like the tax money being spent on the developement of Ethanol! Eliminate the DEA and a very high percentage of grants. Look for more departments to eliminate and get the place running like a lean and mean machine, know what I mean? Cut politicians healthcare and pensions, cut other Fed pensions. Blow up Freddie and Fanny, maybe make the wall street thiefs that have made billions off of these two to payback all thier bonus money.

I'll work on Day 3 agenda later.

There are cuts & there are cuts but most cuts initiated with government don't amount to much unless they are in services to constituents. BHO's 5 year pay freeze amounts to little as he still allows step increases. It's not even symbolic, except to the believers.

What you ID here will amount to about $75 Bil, though the FNM, FRM liability is huge. Not that I disagree with any of these, just think we can get deeper much faster. I would go through the State Department with a buzzsaw, John Bolton regards.

I started a new thread as I thought you had quit on me, let's go there with this topic.

Franco
02-01-2011, 08:46 PM
I make you look Barak Obama:)

Geez, thanks a lot!