PDA

View Full Version : PICK EM! Make it official!

ducknwork
01-31-2011, 02:56 PM
Packers or Steelers?

Not necessarily who you are pulling for, but who do you think is going to win the big one?

And no double voting with your alias, you cheatin' barsteds!!

Jason Glavich
01-31-2011, 02:58 PM
I vote Steelers by 3.

ducknwork
01-31-2011, 02:59 PM
Oh yeah, and it is a public poll, suckas! We can see who you voted for, so you can get served your nice dish of crow next Monday!;)

For the record, I want the Pack to win, but I think Pitt's experience is going to put them over the top.

road kill
01-31-2011, 03:01 PM
31-21 Green Bay.

That is not a blowout.
This is a toss up game.
It will be tight until the 4th quarter, Rogers hits Jennings deep down the right sideline......"and there is your DAGGER!!!"

RK

BTW--I am willing to wager on this contest!!

EX: If the Steelers win, I will admit I am a REDNECK.......if the Packers win, dnf must admit he is a progressive liberal!!!!:D

You wanna bet.....bring your badself on!!

ducknwork
01-31-2011, 03:08 PM
if the Packers win, dnf must admit he is a progressive liberal!!!!:D

I guess that will have to happen on the main forum.:p

M&K's Retrievers
01-31-2011, 03:09 PM
I don't like either one (Cowboy Fan) but I'm rooting for the Pack but I picked the Steelers.

Franco
01-31-2011, 03:11 PM
Packers are a 2.5 point favorite so......

I think the Packers will win straight up but, I like the Steelers plus the 2.5 points.
:cool:

road kill
01-31-2011, 03:13 PM
Packers are a 2.5 point favorite so......

I think the Packers will win straight up but, I like the Steelers plus the 2.5 points.
:cool:

Steelers are missing their fine young center (Pouncy).
B.J. Raji is highly motivated.

The center is the key to the run game, he has to get out on the MLB.
If he doesn't the running game changes.
Not that the Green Bay LB's are anything special.........:cool:

RK

Franco
01-31-2011, 03:24 PM
Steelers are missing their fine young center (Pouncy).
B.J. Raji is highly motivated.

The center is the key to the run game, he has to get out on the MLB.
If he doesn't the running game changes.
Not that the Green Bay LB's are anything special.........:cool:

RK

It is just too difficult to bet against a team with a QB that owns a pair of SB rings. If Rodgers is having a slightly off day, it could get ugly for the Packers. I think most of the Steelers know what it is going to take to win but then again, Rodgers was the best QB in the league this past season.

I give GB Offense the edge and I give the Steelers D the edge in this game. Special teams edge goes to Pittsburg and don't forget they are playing in a climate controlled facility.

I am curious where this game will wind up ratings wise. Without dance squads, the game better be a good one if the network wants to hold thier audience till the end. ;-)

cotts135
01-31-2011, 03:32 PM
Gotta go with the Pack

Jason Glavich
01-31-2011, 03:33 PM
On a side note Rodgers got asked a joking question about if it was hard to get tickets for everyone and how many people were asking by Terry Bradshaw, he missed the joke, his response was well each person gets so many tickets...explaining how many they get. It was funny he seemed a bit nervous but I have never seen his interviews before so I can't compare. Ben seemed pretty relaxed.

Goose
01-31-2011, 03:36 PM
It's supposed to be brutally cold starting tonight until about Friday. Low teens and a wintry mix of snow, sleet and ice. Probably won't bother these two teams much since they're both from cold weather cities. Hope they can practice indoors.

My crew is rooting for the Packers but my money would be on the Steelers.

Buzz
01-31-2011, 03:38 PM
Packers! :cool:

road kill
01-31-2011, 03:58 PM
It is just too difficult to bet against a team with a QB that owns a pair of SB rings. If Rodgers is having a slightly off day, it could get ugly for the Packers. I think most of the Steelers know what it is going to take to win but then again, Rodgers was the best QB in the league this past season.

I give GB Offense the edge and I give the Steelers D the edge in this game. Special teams edge goes to Pittsburg and don't forget they are playing in a climate controlled facility.

I am curious where this game will wind up ratings wise. Without dance squads, the game better be a good one if the network wants to hold thier audience till the end. ;-)
Are you familiar with GB's defense?
If so, where would you rank them??

I know where they ranked statistically in regard to points allowed.
Do you?

Points allowed;
Pittsburgh---allowed 232=14.5 pts per game/#1 in the league
Green Bay---allowed 240=15 pts per game/#2 in the league

Points scored;
Pittsburgh---375=23.4 per game
Green Bay---388=24.3 per game

BTW---Some people actually tune in to watch the football.........:rolleyes:

RK

Marvin S
01-31-2011, 04:31 PM
Until this year I wouldn't have cared who won. But the handling of Ben Rapesberger's indiscretions will have me pulling hard for GB. The Steelers are no longer a class franchise :(.

TxHillHunter
01-31-2011, 04:42 PM
Would love to see the NFC win.....but my money is on the Steelers.

Franco
01-31-2011, 04:58 PM
Are you familiar with GB's defense?
If so, where would you rank them??

I know where they ranked statistically in regard to points allowed.
Do you?

Points allowed;
Pittsburgh---allowed 232=14.5 pts per game/#1 in the league
Green Bay---allowed 240=15 pts per game/#2 in the league

Points scored;
Pittsburgh---375=23.4 per game
Green Bay---388=24.3 per game

BTW---Some people actually tune in to watch the football.........:rolleyes:

RK

The Steelers finished #1 against the run, only giving up 3 yards per carry. Packers finished 18th with 4.7 yards per carry and Pouncey may play and hasn't been ruled out.

I'm not betting the game but, if I were I would have to take the underdawg Steelers and the 2.5 points. I would hate to bet against Rodgers who played the QB position the best this past season.

road kill
01-31-2011, 05:38 PM
The Steelers finished #1 against the run, only giving up 3 yards per carry. Packers finished 18th with 4.7 yards per carry and Pouncey may play and hasn't been ruled out.

I'm not betting the game but, if I were I would have to take the underdawg Steelers and the 2.5 points. I would hate to bet against Rodgers who played the QB position the best this past season.

I think it is dead even.
Slight advantage to GB's perimeter speed.
(WR & DB's)

And I mean very slight.

RK
(AKA Beef Jurky);-)

dnf777
01-31-2011, 06:56 PM
BTW--I am willing to wager on this contest!!

EX: If the Steelers win, I will admit I am a REDNECK.......if the Packers win, dnf must admit he is a progressive liberal!!!!:D

You wanna bet.....bring your badself on!!

That's not a fair bet. You really ARE a redneck! :D

I was thinking of wagering a limited edition Strormy Kromer cap to the winner. (did you see they're making Steeler/Packer hats?)

dnf777
01-31-2011, 06:59 PM
I'm not going to trash talk...there's no need for that.

But I will say respectfully.....we heard a midwest team talk about how Fran was UNSTOPPABLE! What was his total offense in SBIX? 110 yards? -17 at the half?

I know those are all old men, some NFL commentators....but the point is, we gotta wait and see. That's why they play the game.

Could be close, could be a blowout....in either direction. Who thought the Jets would beat the unbeatable Pats?

Laura McCaw
01-31-2011, 07:19 PM
I am a HUGE Cowboys fan, but if I had to choose.... I would say the Packers!

1bdlmn
01-31-2011, 09:50 PM
Rodgers gets rocked early and the Steelers D gets in his head. Pitt by 10:p

Jason Glavich
02-01-2011, 07:57 AM
Until this year I wouldn't have cared who won. But the handling of Ben Rapesberger's indiscretions will have me pulling hard for GB. The Steelers are no longer a class franchise :(.

Why does everybody have to go back to Ben's bad decisions, also I do not remember him being found guilty of anything...but then again OJ didn't do it either...Ok I guess my argument is invalid based on the "if you have money you can make this go away clause"

You win this time Marvin but someday a rich person will be found guilty, but that wouldn't help my cause either...I give up, rich people get away with it all sadly. On a side note Kim K is mad a magazine showed a butt crack and nip, I find it odd she would be upset due to only being famous for a video with Ray J... That was way off topic but this is POTUS forums I felt it was appropriate.

Steelers by 3 in case you forgot.

Ken Bora
02-01-2011, 09:00 AM
That's not a fair bet. You really ARE a redneck! :D

Hate to be the one to break it to ya Dave but usin the Foxworthy Exam.....
Your BOTH Rednecks!!!!!!

Oh, BTW I vote Packers

dnf777
02-01-2011, 09:03 AM
Hate to be the one to break it to ya Dave but usin the Foxworthy Exam.....
Your BOTH Rednecks!!!!!!

Oh, BTW I vote Packers

You got that right. (the redneck part, not the Packers!) :D

Blackstone
02-01-2011, 09:54 AM
My vote goes to the Steelers!

pat addis
02-01-2011, 10:23 AM
i hope the pack win but i think the steelers will

Franco
02-01-2011, 11:47 AM
Aaron Rodgers In Domes (2010)
Week Opponent Comp. Att. Pct. Yards TD INT Rating
11 Vikings 21 31 67.7 301 4 0 141.3
12 Falcons 26 35 74.3 344 1 0 114.5
14 Lions 7 11 63.6 46 0 1 34.7*
19 Falcons 31 36 86.1 366 3 0 139.9
2010 TOTAL 85 113 75.2 1,057 8 1 123.6
CAREER 263 389 67.6 3,337 26 5 111.1+
*Injured in second quarter
+12 games

I hear that Jerry isn't closing the roof and will leave it open so that fans can feel at home. ;-)

road kill
02-01-2011, 11:50 AM
I hear that Jerry isn't closing the roof and will leave it open so that fans can feel at home. ;-)

WOW, I deleted those stats cause they didn't look good.

Rodgers plays well in domes.
That does not include the Eagles & Falcons playoff games either.

stan b
(Beef Jurky)

Ken Bora
02-01-2011, 12:41 PM
Oh yeah, and it is a public poll, suckas! We can see who you voted for, . . ..

OOOOOOOH! NO! You Mean Our REAL NAME is next to our vote?:confused: ;-)

ducknwork
02-01-2011, 12:42 PM
OOOOOOOH! NO! You Mean Our REAL NAME is next to our vote?:confused: ;-)

Well, yours is, but not mine...:cool::cool:

Verne

Marvin S
02-01-2011, 02:03 PM
Why does everybody have to go back to Ben's bad decisions,

In life there are some decisions made that "brand" you :o .

also I do not remember him being found guilty of anything

Did you read the press? Even the favorable stuff was quite disgusting. Been to a few parties, that was a scene I didn't recognize.

..but then again OJ didn't do it either...

No one proved that he did ;-). What's the quote "the DA's office tried to frame a guilty person", only know one knows either way. The glove didn't fit, Johnny Cochran regards :).

gman0046
02-01-2011, 02:34 PM
The term Redneck is derogatory. The politically correct term is Appalachian Americans. Aaron Rodgers is on fire. Packers will roll.

Franco
02-01-2011, 03:17 PM
The term Redneck is derogatory. The politically correct term is Appalachian Americans. Aaron Rodgers is on fire. Packers will roll.

If Rednecks are Appalachian Americans, then what are Hillbillies?;-)

BrianW
02-02-2011, 09:35 AM
Madden 11 picks the Steelers 24-20

Been right 6 out of the last 7?