PDA

View Full Version : The Disappearing Car Door

Roger Perry
02-01-2011, 06:18 PM
Check out the car door of the future.

http://www.flixxy.com/high-tech-car-door.htm

M&K's Retrievers
02-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Your dog had better be trained to sit or he's gone. ;)

JJaxon
02-01-2011, 07:54 PM
I wonder if it makes that noise - pfft - like on Star Trek

precisionlabradors
02-02-2011, 10:03 AM
would suck in a heavy rainstorm or blizzard.

luvmylabs23139
02-02-2011, 10:27 AM
There is absolutely no way I would buy a car with those doors. While our main dog transport is an SUV with crates in the back, when we chose our other vehicle we ruled out anything with 2 doors just because a dog may have to at times ride in the car. Our dogs are all trained to wait while the back door is opened but why risk a break.

Jason Glavich
02-02-2011, 10:52 AM
So I do not want my car door going underneath the vehicle for several reasons. First when raining I try to get in or out and close the door quckly to avoid getting the inside of the car wet. I do not wanna add another mechanized system to a vehicle that could and will break at some point. If it just rolls underneath i do not want road grime on my inside door panel. You can slam the door if someone is trying to get it( I would guess it has a stop like an elevator door or garage door if somethis in the way it wont close ). And last the repair bill in case of an accident.

But it does look slightly cool.

ducknwork
02-02-2011, 10:58 AM
Check out the car door of the future.

http://www.flixxy.com/high-tech-car-door.htm

I found it humorous that the car door of the 'future' is on an old Lincoln rather than a new prototype.

It would be pretty awesome on a jeep though.

Jason Glavich
02-02-2011, 11:38 AM
I found it humorous that the car door of the 'future' is on an old Lincoln rather than a new prototype.

It would be pretty awesome on a jeep though.

Till the mud underneath was on the door panel, or if your stuck in mud, buried up to the door jams and the door wont open or retract whatever it does.

ducknwork
02-02-2011, 02:03 PM
Till the mud underneath was on the door panel, or if your stuck in mud, buried up to the door jams and the door wont open or retract whatever it does.

That would suck, but I was thinking more along the lines of having the doors off riding to the beach and getting caught in a summer thunderstorm on the way home. It would beat having the doors sitting in your yard when you are halfway back...:cool:

subroc
02-02-2011, 04:07 PM
just because something can be changed, doesn't mean it should be changed...

dnf777
02-02-2011, 05:51 PM
That would suck, but I was thinking more along the lines of having the doors off riding to the beach and getting caught in a summer thunderstorm on the way home. It would beat having the doors sitting in your yard when you are halfway back...:cool:

I'm afraid it would interfere with the low-rider shocks, or at least shield my purple neon ground f/x lights. :(