PDA

View Full Version : Bush on Immigration Reform

Buzz
02-03-2011, 01:05 PM
Last night I was watching "The Factor" on Faux. I got a really good laugh at how apoplectic Bill's guest host Laura Ingraham was over these statements by Bush.

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/AwithFo/start/2316/stop/2381

Here is her talking point.

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/oreilly/index.html#/v/4522285/the-bushes-vs-tea-party/?playlist_id=87253

Roger Perry
02-03-2011, 01:29 PM
She forgot Bushisms.;-)

44. "You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror." --interview with CBS News' Katie Couric, Sept. 6, 2006

43. "The same folks that are bombing innocent people in Iraq were the ones who attacked us in America on September the 11th." --Washington, D.C., July 12, 2007

42. "I'm the commander -- see, I don't need to explain -- I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being president." --as quoted in Bob Woodward's Bush at War

41. "Oh, no, we're not going to have any casualties." --discussing the Iraq war with Christian Coalition founder Pat Robertson in 2003, as quoted by Robertson

40. 3. "I think I was unprepared for war." –on the biggest regret of his presidency, ABC News interview, Dec. 1, 2008

39. "I will not withdraw, even if Laura and Barney are the only ones supporting me." --talking to key Republicans about Iraq, as quoted by Bob Woodward

38. "I hear there's rumors on the Internets that we're going to have a draft." --presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 8, 2004 (Watch video clip (http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/bushvideos/youtube/rumorsinternets.htm))

road kill
02-03-2011, 02:51 PM
Buzz, now you know how it feels.:(

stan b

mjh345
02-03-2011, 04:16 PM
I didn't watch "The Factor", but I did listen to Laura Ingrahams radio show last night.

After she did her Bush immigration rant, she went off on a tangent on Egypt's Mubarak.
She was going on and on about his HAIR. She kept saying how ridiculous older men looked with dark hair with no gray in it. She was saying that you should give no credibility to any such older dark haired men.

I just chuckled and thought she must have completely forgotten about her dark haired elderly hero Ronald Reagan

pat addis
02-03-2011, 04:48 PM
She forgot Bushisms.;-)

44. "You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror." --interview with CBS News' Katie Couric, Sept. 6, 2006

43. "The same folks that are bombing innocent people in Iraq were the ones who attacked us in America on September the 11th." --Washington, D.C., July 12, 2007

42. "I'm the commander -- see, I don't need to explain -- I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being president." --as quoted in Bob Woodward's Bush at War

41. "Oh, no, we're not going to have any casualties." --discussing the Iraq war with Christian Coalition founder Pat Robertson in 2003, as quoted by Robertson

40. 3. "I think I was unprepared for war." ľon the biggest regret of his presidency, ABC News interview, Dec. 1, 2008

39. "I will not withdraw, even if Laura and Barney are the only ones supporting me." --talking to key Republicans about Iraq, as quoted by Bob Woodward

38. "I hear there's rumors on the Internets that we're going to have a draft." --presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 8, 2004 (Watch video clip (http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/bushvideos/youtube/rumorsinternets.htm))

while i agree that bush wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer has any one listens to joe biden? when he says something stupid people says oh thats just joe being joe

Buzz
02-03-2011, 04:56 PM
while i agree that bush wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer has any one listens to joe biden? when he says something stupid people says oh thats just joe being joe

Well Biden isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer either, but I'm not one who should talk. If you want me to do something electrical for you, I'm good. If you want me to talk in front of a crowd about something else, good luck.

Roger Perry
02-03-2011, 05:01 PM

I think all the politician should show a reasonable amount of intellegence especially those that run for the highest offices in the land. I will not defend any politician of either party for making stupid remarks.

starjack
02-03-2011, 05:28 PM
I think all the politician should show a reasonable amount of intellegence especially those that run for the highest offices in the land. I will not defend any politician of either party for making stupid remarks.

Except one .:rolleyes:

road kill
02-03-2011, 05:34 PM

BAM....head shot!!!!:D

RK

Roger Perry
02-03-2011, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starjack http://new.retrievertraining.net/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://new.retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?p=743955#post743955)

BAM....head shot!!!!:grin:

RK

starjack
02-03-2011, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starjack http://new.retrievertraining.net/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://new.retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?p=743955#post743955)

RK

You are easy.;)

huntinman
02-03-2011, 06:16 PM
Quote:

RK

You do it every time by changing the subjuect to President Bush. You are way too transparent.

Roger Perry
02-03-2011, 06:19 PM
You do it every time by changing the subjuect to President Bush. You are way too transparent.

The thread is about Bush Duh:rolleyes: And someone here tried to change the subjuect to Obama.

huntinman
02-03-2011, 06:30 PM
The thread is about Bush Duh:rolleyes: And someone here tried to change the subjuect to Obama.

I'm not talking about one thread. I'm talking about your entire internet history. Every time someone nails one of your lib heroes you instantly cry Bush!! One of the first things I noticed when I first came on POTUS was you whining about Bush all the time whether it was in context or not. You can't deny it.

dnf777
02-03-2011, 06:52 PM
I'm not talking about one thread. I'm talking about your entire internet history.

Rog,
Nice to know you have your own personal biographer! I got one too who claims I support Obama's handling of Egypt!?
Amazing how much you find out about yourself reading POTUS! :rolleyes:

Roger Perry
02-03-2011, 06:54 PM
I'm not talking about one thread. I'm talking about your entire internet history. Every time someone nails one of your lib heroes you instantly cry Bush!! One of the first things I noticed when I first came on POTUS was you whining about Bush all the time whether it was in context or not. You can't deny it.

You mean like your and the other righties here continous whinning about Obama?????? How is that different??????????? All I asked for was name one thread where I backed any Democrat for making stupid remarks and you cannot do it can you??????

road kill
02-03-2011, 06:56 PM
You mean like your continous whinning about Obama?????? How is that different???????????

OOOOH, OOOOH, I KNOW, I KNOW.......

Obama is President
Bush is not

See what I'm sayin'?:rolleyes:

RK

huntinman
02-03-2011, 06:56 PM
Rog,
Nice to know you have your own personal biographer! I got one too who claims I support Obama's handling of Egypt!?
Amazing how much you find out about yourself reading POTUS! :rolleyes:

DNF...I see you brought your keyboard and came back to play. Gonna stay a while this time? How long before you cry wolf and run for cover again?:rolleyes:

dnf777
02-03-2011, 07:04 PM
DNF...I see you brought your keyboard and came back to play. Gonna stay a while this time? How long before you cry wolf and run for cover again?:rolleyes:

If you call standing up in the face of false accusations "crying wolf", I don't understand your ethic.

Where I'm from, you don't make false accusations or bear false witness against your neighbor. But I see some here are more prone to defend such behavior than to admonish it.

But hey, that's fine. I sort of expect it now. The janitor cleared my name and set the record straight, so all the rest is water off a ducks back.

Roger Perry
02-03-2011, 07:05 PM
OOOOH, OOOOH, I KNOW, I KNOW.......

Obama is President
Bush is not

See what I'm sayin'?:rolleyes:

RK

"I'm not talking about one thread. I'm talking about your entire internet history. Every time someone nails one of your lib heroes you instantly cry Bush!! One of the first things I noticed when I first came on POTUS was you whining about Bush all the time " Huntington's quoute----

When I first came on Potus Bush was President RK. That is what I was referring to. Now name me one time where I stood up for any Democrat that made a stupid statement. You righties have stood up for Palin and Bush and McCain time after time.

huntinman
02-03-2011, 07:13 PM
If you call standing up in the face of false accusations "crying wolf", I don't understand your ethic.

Where I'm from, you don't make false accusations or bear false witness against your neighbor. But I see some here are more prone to defend such behavior than to admonish it.

But hey, that's fine. I sort of expect it now. The janitor cleared my name and set the record straight, so all the rest is water off a ducks back.

You are the one who said you were leaving POTUS and would lurk on the training board. I don't know how that is standing up. More like running away. Doesn't really matter. You have said you were leaving before, but your'e still here. So I don't think many really expected you would be gone long. We should do an over/under next time. I'll take 2 minutes....

Marvin S
02-04-2011, 08:42 AM

I was hoping you'd be someone of their word, but no such luck.

You need to recognize it was an honest mistake, you are the only person on this forum who's posts regularly reek of yourself considering yourself something special. When dippity put the fawning post up about you being so above it all & the reason for it being your vocation, I hadn't figured we had someone who needed to wear a long billed cap to keep their nose from over coloring. Again I missed it, sorta.

As for your name, I don't think it has a lot of status here on POTUS :razz: :-P. Waterboy for the WA Generals, maybe :).

Buzz
02-04-2011, 09:55 AM
you are the only person on this forum who's posts regularly reek of yourself considering yourself something special.

I don't want to get into the peeing match between the two of you guys. I just wanted to ask if you really meant what you said in the quote above. ;-)

mjh345
02-04-2011, 12:00 PM
you are the only person on this forum who's posts regularly reek of yourself considering yourself something special. :).

I also found this to be ironically amusing