PDA

View Full Version : Wild Justice

road kill
02-04-2011, 12:44 PM
I have been watching this show on NatGeo lately.
Anyone else catch it?

I kinda like it!!!!

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/wild-justice/all/Overview

RK

Jason Glavich
02-04-2011, 12:50 PM
I have seen a few parts of it. I like it for the most part but some of the stuff is a little played up for the camera I think. Overall good show, but they need to stop calling poachers hunters, it reminds of a story about a bridgebuilder. Once you become a poacher you are no longer a hunter.

duckheads
02-04-2011, 01:30 PM
I have been watching it. like it for the most part.

have you seen dual survival? the military guy, David Cantebury, grew up in my neighborhood in Anderson, IN. Also Brady Barr of nat geo fame is my college roommate's best friend from high school. Partied with him a few times at IU. He grew up in bloomington.

TN_LAB
02-04-2011, 03:37 PM
Watch it
Like it

I always thought being a game warden would be kinda neat.

Rob Paye
02-04-2011, 03:55 PM
For the most part I like it. I talked to a warden buddy of mine and he says it's pretty accurate.

Laura McCaw
02-04-2011, 05:54 PM
I RECORD it, lol. We actually live in the area it is filmed. We are in Tehama County, Red Bluff.... so a lot of this is right here so it makes it seem really cool. I can not believe what some people do though, WOW. I just love the show. :)

road kill
02-04-2011, 06:02 PM
I RECORD it, lol. We actually live in the area it is filmed. We are in Tehama County, Red Bluff.... so a lot of this is right here so it makes it seem really cool. I can not believe what some people do though, WOW. I just love the show. :)

I did not know Northern Cal was so nice.
But something about that show is enjoyable.

I guess because it is a legit outdoors show.

The hunting and fishing shows are pretty bogus.

BTW--A friend of mine is a program developer for "The Sportsman Channel."
He is interested in some kind of series about dog games.
We are discussing it.

stan b

Julie R.
02-04-2011, 06:19 PM
I've watched a couple episodes and like it, too. The first one I saw was about hog killers, and my first thought was, who cares about a destructive, stinkin feral hog, kill em all! But it's pretty well done, not tree hugger/animal rights activist slanted as I was expecting.

Marvin S
02-04-2011, 06:33 PM
I did not know Northern Cal was so nice.

stan b

CA should be two states, divided just above SF.

Laura McCaw
02-04-2011, 06:41 PM
CA should be two states, divided just above SF.

Lol, my husband says the same thing except he says just above Sacramento, lol.

You know, after living in NE Texas my whole life until 2004, I can't see the beauty of this state. :( I am used to all 4 seasons, lots of wildlife, FRESH air, friendly people, small towns, no traffic, green summers, nice humidity, fire flies and I could just go on and on, so when I look here, I just see dead trees and a fire hazard, lol. The people aren't so friendly and the traffic is non-stop, even on the backroads. The deer are small and you have lots of liberals trying to stick their nose in everyone's business and a large amount of meth addict whiskey tangos (whoops, did I just say that??). I guess I just miss Texas, but I met my husband here and we bought a house while prices are down, and just stuck here for a while.

BUT I would way much prefer northern california to southern california ANYTIME!!! So yes, it is a lot nicer here. Just watch out for the fire's in the summer though. ;)

Laura McCaw
02-04-2011, 06:44 PM
I've watched a couple episodes and like it, too. The first one I saw was about hog killers, and my first thought was, who cares about a destructive, stinkin feral hog, kill em all! But it's pretty well done, not tree hugger/animal rights activist slanted as I was expecting.

Yes, wild hogs are getting way out of control and when I lived back in Texas, we would get PAID to come and take care of the problem, so when it comes to hogs, I just say, hey, if it is their property, let them do as they please, "kill'em all"!!

I do really like the show though because it is really well done and a lot of those people on there do need to be put behind bars for some of the things they do.

Jason Glavich
02-04-2011, 09:30 PM
On tonights episode the guy says why would anyone shoot a doe, most peole who say they shot one usually get asked why. I understand he couldn't shoot a doe but they shouldn't act like shooting a doe is wrong in general. Meat hunters hunt for meat not just a wall mount rack.

Nor_Cal_Angler
02-04-2011, 09:56 PM
Lol, my husband says the same thing except he says just above Sacramento, lol.

You know, after living in NE Texas my whole life until 2004, I can't see the beauty of this state. :( I am used to all 4 seasons, lots of wildlife, FRESH air, friendly people, small towns, no traffic, green summers, nice humidity, fire flies and I could just go on and on, so when I look here, I just see dead trees and a fire hazard, lol. The people aren't so friendly and the traffic is non-stop, even on the backroads. The deer are small and you have lots of liberals trying to stick their nose in everyone's business and a large amount of meth addict whiskey tangos (whoops, did I just say that??). I guess I just miss Texas, but I met my husband here and we bought a house while prices are down, and just stuck here for a while.

BUT I would way much prefer northern california to southern california ANYTIME!!! So yes, it is a lot nicer here. Just watch out for the fire's in the summer though. ;)

Nailed it!!!!!!!!!!!!

NCA.

PS..they need to do a show about the Sturgeon Poaching...I have seen my fair share of suspected poaching and called it in. Poblem for CA Wardens is they are WAY WAY WAY WAY streched thin. They have 200 swarn wardens to I believe 300,000 lic. outdoors men (hunting and fishing) lowest ratio in the nation by a LONG SHOT.

mjh345
02-04-2011, 10:47 PM
On tonights episode the guy says why would anyone shoot a doe, most peole who say they shot one usually get asked why. I understand he couldn't shoot a doe but they shouldn't act like shooting a doe is wrong in general. Meat hunters hunt for meat not just a wall mount rack.

I shoot lots of does every year. I am over run with deer, and I figure I'm getting way more bang for my buck[no pun intended] in thinning these field rats out by killing does.

Hew
02-04-2011, 11:48 PM
I kinda thought the same thing, too. I chalked it up to different deer density than elsewhere. He also said that taking 5 bucks off 5,000 acres would devastate the population. :confused: That guy would have nightmares of blood, death and carnage if he ever transferred to Alabama or Georgia. ;-)

Another odd thing I heard....California only has 200 Game and Fish wardens in the whole state?!?! That's crazy.

Good progam, though....watched it for the first time tonight thx to ya'lls recommendations.