PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Thread!!!!!!!

road kill
02-04-2011, 01:44 PM
OK, I am sick of hearing all the smack.

So here is some more!!!!;-)

So the Steelers got a great run defense....BFD!!!!!

Packers don't run!!!!!!

RK

huntinman
02-04-2011, 01:48 PM
Are they leaving the roof open at Jerry's place?

road kill
02-04-2011, 01:49 PM
Are they leaving the roof open at Jerry's place?

No, it might get below 50.:shock:

((((((SHUDDER))))))

Perish the thought............

RK

starjack
02-04-2011, 01:53 PM
You know they are to cold weather teams. WHO CARES THERE INSIDE.

huntinman
02-04-2011, 01:53 PM
Pack will win in a blowout then... Rodgers is almost untouchable indoors... GB by 17

Jason Glavich
02-04-2011, 01:58 PM
i predict a 100,000 fine to harrison for helmet to helmet on rodgers late hit. Both out for the game.

Steelers by 14

The dirtiest playing team after the Ravens is the Steelers.

ducknwork
02-04-2011, 02:18 PM
i predict a 100,000 fine to harrison for helmet to helmet on rodgers late hit. Both out for the game.

Steelers by 14

Oh, I can't wait for dnf to read this...

Rob Paye
02-04-2011, 02:56 PM
Pack by 10 !!!!

dnf777
02-04-2011, 03:57 PM

Steelers by 14

??????

Oh, by "hard hitting" you mean "dirty". Ok. You're right.

All those hits by James Harrison were legal hits for the past 100 years. But as before, the Steeler defense has forced a change in the rules. Nothing new.

And BTW, you're selling GB short, if you don't think they hit just as hard as the Steelers! This is going to be a REAL game!
And I hope the roof gets stuck open.
Don't worry, James Harrison asked that Goodell run out and place a pillow on the ground wherever he's about to make a tackle, so nobody hits the ground too hard! Now THAT was funny!

Juli H
02-04-2011, 03:59 PM
Packers are gonna trample the Steelers...well, I hope they do. :)

BonMallari
02-04-2011, 05:07 PM
I am an NFC guy and everyone in FT circles knows an NFC title trumps and AFC title....so Go Packers

Franco
02-04-2011, 06:06 PM
The Pack should win and they are the favorite. They have a great passing O and I saw what Drew Brees did to the Steelers on Halloween night, even with Big Ben on a roll at the time.

However, The Steelers D has five players from Louisiana and they can take it home at any time.

Should be a good game even without dance squads. ;-)

They really dislike young women that much in Pittsburg and Green Bay?

Cody Covey
02-04-2011, 06:08 PM
The Pack should win and they are the favorite. They have a great passing O and I saw what Drew Brees did to the Steelers on Halloween night, even with Big Ben on a roll at the time.

However, The Steelers D has five players from Louisiana and they can take it home at any time.

To cold in Wisconsin and can't have that many young women around Big Ben :)

road kill
02-04-2011, 06:40 PM

We like young women, but hasn't theNFL been "chickified" enough???

RK

Franco
02-04-2011, 10:03 PM
We like young women, but hasn't theNFL been "chickified" enough???

RK

Never enough chicks;-)

Yes, the new hitting rules place the game's outcome more in the hands of the officials.

With all the injuries, I suggest a 60 man active roster.

DSO
02-05-2011, 07:15 PM
GB is giving 2 1/2 as I type this post. I got no dog in this fight but I think a proven PS team with a couple of SB's under their belt might be a good bet. Aaron Rodgers is a nasty bugger though...

NY Giants fan respectively...

Danny

1bdlmn
02-06-2011, 07:52 AM
Yeah the pack O is such a juggernaut that they scored an amazing 13 more points than Pittsburgh in the regular season:rolleyes:

Uncle Bill
02-06-2011, 11:09 AM
To cold in Wisconsin and can't have that many young women around Big Ben :)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

UB

dnf777
02-06-2011, 12:21 PM
In Pittsburgh (and I'm sure GB) women have better things to do than prance around with pom-poms like highschool girls.

Both these teams represent hard-working blue-collar towns, that despite some of the smallest media markets, have had winning sports traditions.

May the best team win. I've watched a superbowl from the middle east while on a mission (thankfully attached to an AirForce unit, so we had a projector TV to link with the SignalCorps guys equipment!) But can tell you this....any time you get to watch a superbowl in your home or favorite club, with friends and family....there are no losers!

huntinman
02-06-2011, 12:33 PM
In Pittsburgh (and I'm sure GB) women have better things to do than prance around with pom-poms like highschool girls.

Both these teams represent hard-working blue-collar towns, that despite some of the smallest media markets, have had winning sports traditions.

May the best team win. I've watched a superbowl from the middle east while on a mission (thankfully attached to an AirForce unit, so we had a projector TV to link with the SignalCorps guys equipment!) But can tell you this....any time you get to watch a superbowl in your home or favorite club, with friends and family....there are no losers!

There will be today and I am pretty sure they will be in black and gold...

M&K's Retrievers
02-06-2011, 12:35 PM
...there are no losers!

I can think of one. :rolleyes:

Roger Perry
02-06-2011, 04:16 PM
ARLINGTON, Texas — Two hours before kickoff, Cowboys Stadium wasn't ready for its possibly record crowd.
As the Green Bay Packers and Pittsburgh Steelers were warming up on the field, workers were still installing temporary seats in the top level of the stadium's west end.
The NFL shuffled things around to make space for the folks who'd paid $600 for those seats — or, at least, as many as they could.
"Most of the fans affected will have been accommodated in their seats or relocated to similar or better seats," the league said in a statement. "Fans who are not accommodated with seats inside the stadium will each receive a refund of triple the cost of the face value of their ticket. We regret the situation."
Ticket-holders in those sections were asked to wait in the Party Plaza while work was being finished.

M&K's Retrievers
02-06-2011, 04:30 PM
Fire Marshall made them relocate some seats

Sue Kiefer
02-06-2011, 06:15 PM
Steelers too full of costly mistakes.
GB 14
Steelers 0.
end of 1st quarter.
Sue

Roger Perry
02-06-2011, 06:48 PM
Another Steeler turnover/ another GB touchdown 21-3

Roger Perry
02-06-2011, 06:59 PM
The largest come back in Super Bowl history is 10 points GB 21 Steelers 10

paul young
02-06-2011, 07:22 PM
well, that was absolutely the WORST rendition of the National Anthem i have ever heard. disgraceful.....

the Pack looks good, but we'll have to see how many of the injured players can return and be effective on defense.

Roethlisberger looks less than impressive so far.-Paul

Blackstone
02-06-2011, 07:31 PM
I could have done without that half-time show!

Roger Perry
02-06-2011, 08:01 PM
The NFL has announced that the 400 fans whose Super Bowl tickets weren’t honored because temporary seating in Cowboys Stadium wasn’t available were let into the building — but only to watch the games either on monitors or in standing-room only sections.
According to the league’s announcement, fans could watch the game on monitors or from standing room platforms in each corner of the stadium. Better than nothing, but not as good as the NFL, you know, actually providing seats for all the fans who bought one.
The league also said it would give fans triple their money back on $800 tickets, which would mean every ticket holder gets $2,400. That won’t be enough to compensate fans who paid more than face value, or compensate fans for their travel costs. Furthermore, the league’s statement that it’s refunding triple the value of $800 seats conflicts with a previous statement that the face value of the seats was $900. I talked to fans before the game who were holding $900 tickets (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/06/fans-furious-over-super-bowl-temporary-seating-screw-up/).

M&K's Retrievers
02-06-2011, 08:12 PM
The NFL has announced that the 400 fans whose Super Bowl tickets weren’t honored because temporary seating in Cowboys Stadium wasn’t available were let into the building — but only to watch the games either on monitors or in standing-room only sections.
According to the league’s announcement, fans could watch the game on monitors or from standing room platforms in each corner of the stadium. Better than nothing, but not as good as the NFL, you know, actually providing seats for all the fans who bought one.
The league also said it would give fans triple their money back on $800 tickets, which would mean every ticket holder gets $2,400. That won’t be enough to compensate fans who paid more than face value, or compensate fans for their travel costs. Furthermore, the league’s statement that it’s refunding triple the value of $800 seats conflicts with a previous statement that the face value of the seats was $900. I talked to fans before the game who were holding $900 tickets (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/06/fans-furious-over-super-bowl-temporary-seating-screw-up/).

George and Laura are there. It must be their fault that those people lost their seats.

dnf777
02-06-2011, 08:33 PM
packers just clinched it.

Great game. Just can't win with 3 turnovers.

Congrats to the Packers! You had a Hell of a Season!

BonMallari
02-06-2011, 08:45 PM
packers just clinched it.

Great game. Just can't win with 3 turnovers.

Congrats to the Packers! You had a Hell of a Season!

gave up a little early there didnt ya

Roger Perry
02-06-2011, 08:51 PM
If game goes into overtime what are the new rules for overtime? Strike that it is not going into overtime.

dnf777
02-06-2011, 09:09 PM
Wow! What a game!

That didn't hurt too bad. Three turnovers made the difference, but it was a hard fought game, and certainly a close one.

BonMallari
02-06-2011, 09:11 PM
Congrats to RK, Sue K and my friend W.D. Bill Connor, you called it right pal, the state of Wisconsin had a very good year in football

road kill
02-06-2011, 09:27 PM
Congrats to RK, Sue K and my friend W.D. Bill Connor, you called it right pal, the state of Wisconsin had a very good year in football

In the words of Raymonds father;

"Holy CRAP!!!":shock:

RK

road kill
02-06-2011, 09:52 PM
In the words of Raymonds father;

"Holy CRAP!!!":shock:

RK

Finally, the LOMBARDI Trophy comes home to

TITLE TOWN, USA!!!!:D
The
GREEN BAY PACKERS

The standard by which all others are measured!!

RK

dnf777
02-07-2011, 04:39 AM
So what happened with seating? I heard they couldn't the the fire marshall to approve the 6000 temp seats? Triple face-value refunds. That sucks even if you paid face value, but I wonder if a triple refund even covered what most paid? NOt counting days off work, travel, hotel, etc...

paul young
02-07-2011, 06:10 AM
if the GB receivers hadn't dropped so many passes, it would have been a blowout!

good to see GB win! they have played great ball throughout the playoffs. if Rodgers can stay healthy, they will have one of the elite quarterbacks in the league for years to come.

i was definitely rooting for them, but i am a Patriots fan thru and thru. hope the league gets a labor agreement hammered out soon........-Paul

Bayou Magic
02-07-2011, 06:54 AM
if the GB receivers hadn't dropped so many passes, it would have been a blowout!

good to see GB win! they have played great ball throughout the playoffs. if Rodgers can stay healthy, they will have one of the elite quarterbacks in the league for years to come.

i was definitely rooting for them, but i am a Patriots fan thru and thru. hope the league gets a labor agreement hammered out soon........-Paul

If a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass every time he hopped.

M&K's Retrievers
02-07-2011, 08:23 AM
So what happened with seating? I heard they couldn't the the fire marshall to approve the 6000 temp seats? Triple face-value refunds. That sucks even if you paid face value, but I wonder if a triple refund even covered what most paid? NOt counting days off work, travel, hotel, etc...

I think it was 400 seats but either way it was a bad deal.

According to the Dallas Morning News, 1250 were displaced and had to watch on TV.

M&K's Retrievers
02-07-2011, 06:53 PM
I think it was 400 seats but either way it was a bad deal.

According to the Dallas Morning News, 1250 were displaced and had to watch on TV.

Now it's back to 400 seats. The seats were declared unsafe because there were no hand rails.