PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl Ads

Buzz
02-07-2011, 09:27 AM
Aside from a great football game last night, I saw a lot of neat ads.

I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that I was born and raised in Detroit, but the "Imported from Detroit" ad had the biggest impact on me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKL254Y_jtc&feature=player_embedded

What was your favorite ad?

road kill
02-07-2011, 09:29 AM
I liked this one;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgJiiuOewI0

But it's doubtful most the veiwers know who Lassie is.........

RK

BonMallari
02-07-2011, 09:49 AM
I LOVED the Teleflora ad where the guy has Faith Hill over his shoulder telling him to write what's in his heart on the card, and he writes : Dear Kim, your rack is unreal ...LOL

Franco
02-07-2011, 09:51 AM

We must have been watching different games last night.

I don't ever remember a SB with more mistakes and penalties.

Dropped passes, stupid penalties, no running game, Christina Agulara, Black Eyed Peas...have you ever watched a more boring championship game?

Steelers tried hard to give the game a way and it looked like in the second half the Packers didn't want it.

The TV ratings for the game should be interesting.

road kill
02-07-2011, 09:52 AM

Dropped passes, stupid penalties, no running game, Christina Agulara, Black Eyed Peas...have you ever watched a more pathetic championship game?

Steelers tried hard to give the game a way and it looked like in the second half the Packers didn't want it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Puhleeeeeese!!!!:rolleyes:

RK

Franco
02-07-2011, 09:54 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Puhleeeeeese!!!!:rolleyes:

RK

I've watched a lot of SB games but last night's was a stinker! Pack deserved to win but neither team played that well.

The final proof will be in the TV ratings.

TxHillHunter
02-07-2011, 09:54 AM

I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that I was born and raised in Detroit, but the "Imported from Detroit" ad had the biggest impact on me.

The Detroit ad was very well done! Has me looking for more from the new 200.

road kill
02-07-2011, 09:56 AM
I've watched a lot of SB games but last night's was a stinker! Pack deserved to win but neither team played that well.

The final proof will be in the TV ratings.

Packers offensive stats were better than last years SB winner, you could look it up!!!:D

RK

road kill
02-07-2011, 09:57 AM
The Detroit ad was very well done! Has me looking for more from the new 200.
The irony of that ad is that Detroit (New Fallujah) dang near is a foreign country now!!:shock:

RK

Buzz
02-07-2011, 09:59 AM
I LOVED the Teleflora ad where the guy has Faith Hill over his shoulder telling him to write what's in his heart on the card, and he writes : Dear Kim, your rack is unreal ...LOL

My wife and I were laughing our arses off at that one, and my daughter was like, "what's so funny?" :rolleyes:

Buzz
02-07-2011, 10:03 AM

Dropped passes, stupid penalties, no running game, Christina Agulara, Black Eyed Peas...have you ever watched a more boring championship game?

I think it had something to do with defense...

Agree on the half time show, but I don't give a crap about that.

Go Pack! (till next year that is...)

road kill
02-07-2011, 10:03 AM

The NFL reports that this was the MOST watched game in television history.
(heard this on the radio, can not find a link)

But hey, what do they know????:rolleyes:

RK

Franco
02-07-2011, 10:18 AM
The NFL reports that this was the MOST watched game in television history.
(heard this on the radio, can not find a link)

But hey, what do they know????:rolleyes:

RK

Overnight ratings won't be out till this afternoon.

road kill
02-07-2011, 10:21 AM
Wisconsin radio?;-)

Overnight ratings won't be out till this afternoon.
The NFL reported this.......;-)

RK

Franco
02-07-2011, 10:29 AM
The NFL reported this.......;-)

RK

How would the NFL know until listening estimates are tabulated?

They should be out around 3pm today.

road kill
02-07-2011, 10:33 AM

The NFL reported this......;-)

RK

BonMallari
02-07-2011, 10:37 AM

I realize the news takes longer to get to certain parts of the bayou :rolleyes:

But here is the report this morning

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/02/packers-win-in-super-bowl-xlv-ties-highest-tv-rating-in-history/1

Buzz
02-07-2011, 10:39 AM
I realize the news takes longer to get to certain parts of the bayou :rolleyes:

But here is the report this morning

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/02/packers-win-in-super-bowl-xlv-ties-highest-tv-rating-in-history/1

Franco hates it when two northern teams face off I guess...

Franco, thanks for taking a dump on my thread. I try and start a fun one about the ads last night and all you can do is bitch.

road kill
02-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Packers' win in Super Bowl XLV ties highest TV rating in history

By Sean Leahy, USA TODAY

DALLAS -- The Green Bay Packers' win in Super Bowl XLV on Sunday earned a tie for the highest-rated championship in NFL history.

Its 47.9 rating equaled the mark of Super Bowl XXI.

Fox broadcast the game and drew a 3% increase over last year's Super Bowl, which garnered a 46.4 rating.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said on Monday the preliminary indications are the game will be the most-watched show in TV history.

RK:D

road kill
02-07-2011, 10:50 AM

Franco, thanks for taking a dump on my thread. I try and start a fun one about the ads last night and all you can do is bitch.

Hey Buzz, do you agree that most of the audience likely didn't get the Lassie thing??

Old timer regards............

RK

Franco
02-07-2011, 10:51 AM

Sorry Buzz, I only remember 1 ad, Etrade as I changed channels when they came on.

Official ratings results will be out later today. For instance, last year's SB had 107million viewers. We don't know yet what the total viewing was, just estimates.

road kill
02-07-2011, 10:52 AM
Sorry Buzz, I only remember 1 ad, Etrade as I changed channels when they came on.

Official ratings results will be out later today. For instance, last year's SB had 107million viewers. We don't know yet what the total viewing was, just estimates.

But we do know the QB stats and ratings!!!!!:D

(they came out last night;-))

RK

Buzz
02-07-2011, 10:55 AM
Hey Buzz, do you agree that most of the audience likely didn't get the Lassie thing??

RK

They definitely must have been going for the older crowd with that. My daughter definitely didn't get it! I was laughing all the way through that ad!

ducknwork
02-07-2011, 11:57 AM

RK

I thought that one was pretty good. I definitely got a good laugh when he said 'I didn't even know this town HAD a volcano!' :p:p I even know who Lassie is.:D I used to watch it on Nickelodeon during my summers out of school.

Not just old timers regards,;)

I like these ones too...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx3icrTGN8c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-gGRPYDChk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R55e-uHQna0

IMO, the doritos commercials were terrible.

Blackstone
02-07-2011, 11:59 AM

I think I liked that one best myself. There were a lot of good memories in the images they showed in that commercial. Almost made me home sick. :(

I liked the Chevy Lassie commercial too. But, I guess the humor was lost on those that don't remember Lassie & Timmy.

I also thought the VW - Darth Vader (The Force) commerical was pretty funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R55e-uHQna0

Marvin S
02-07-2011, 01:08 PM
I like the ads, all of them. It tells one how out of touch one is when they don't get it!!!!! I liked the Beetle (with the Beetle's) ad, I've been around through all iterations, can't wait for the next one. & I've also been around through all the Lassie's, but those were a different time. Funny thing is, though my Grandchildren are young adults now, they still enjoy the simpler things in life, though life is a little faster track. I thought the Dorito's ad was gross!!!!!!!!

The game was great, the athletes are very athletic, but I could do without the premature celebrations. Everyone knows who scored the TD, broke up the pass, caught the pass, sacked someone, but I was taught that the only celebration that counted was placing another W in the column, everything else is premature.

Anyone have a feeling the guy who got off without being charged was pressing? It is unusual for him to throw picks, but I would guess that the pregame buildup had to have an effect on his game. When you're not loved the only out is being King of the World :).

huntinman
02-07-2011, 01:24 PM
By way of comparison Big Ben had 4 TD's and 4 Int' in 3 playoff games this year.

In 4 playoff games this year, Rodger's had 9 TD's and 2 Int's. The hot QB and team won...

road kill
02-07-2011, 02:05 PM
Boy, this is gonna break some "expansion" teams heart.

I just heard that this Super Bowl is the highest rated TV show of all time!!!

Even higher than the last episode of M.A.S.H.:D

RK

Sue Kiefer
02-07-2011, 02:40 PM
Lassie and Timmy.Loved it.
Had to Goggle who Lassie was for my kids. :(
Also love the eztrade commericals but only saw the one with the cat.
National Anthem should be done by someone that everyone can enjoy not someone who tries making it into someone that no-ones likes.I thought that it stunk.
I usually get choked up during the national Anthem. Last night I just got sick to my stomach . :(
Packers rocked last night.
Sue

road kill
02-07-2011, 03:48 PM
Super Bowl XLV Breaks Viewing Record, Averages 111 Million Viewers

Super Bowl XLV ON FOX

IS MOST-WATCHED PROGRAM IN TV HISTORY

Game Obliterates Prior Record; Sets Super Bowl Mark for Fourth Straight Year

Prime Time Audience Exceeds 100 Million for First Time

Irving, TX – History was made last night on FOX when Super Bowl XLV became the most-watched U.S. television program ever, and FOX became the first network ever to exceed 100 million viewers (100.9 million) for a night in prime time, according to fast-national ratings released today by Nielsen Media Research. The game, the outcome of which was in doubt until the final seconds, saw the Green Bay Packers defeat the Pittsburgh Steelers 31-25 to capture the franchise’s fourth Super Bowl Championship.

FOX Sports’ broadcast of Super Bowl XLV averaged 111 million viewers and is the most-watched television program in U.S. history, obliterating the prior record of 106.5 set last year during Super Bowl XLIV by 4.5 million viewers and the 106.0 million for the series finale of M*A*S*H, which held the viewership record from 1983 to 2010.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/02/07/super-bowl-xlv-poised-to-break-viewing-records-ties-1987-with-highest-overnight-ratings-ever/81684

__________________________________________________ _

BonMallari
02-07-2011, 04:10 PM
must have been the overflow of viewers glued to their seats anticipating the epic interview of O'Reilly and Obama :rolleyes:

I was VERY happy to see the tradition of the MVP Rodgers doing the " I'm going to Disney World" ad....never get tired of that:D:D

road kill
02-07-2011, 04:12 PM
must have been the overflow of viewers glued to their seats anticipating the epic interview of O'Reilly and Obama :rolleyes:

I was VERY happy to see the tradition of the MVP Rodgers doing the " I'm going to Disney World" ad....never get tired of that:D:D

How much do you think Mickey kicks in for that????:cool:

RK

Franco
02-07-2011, 04:20 PM
Super Bowl XLV Breaks Viewing Record, Averages 111 Million Viewers

Super Bowl XLV ON FOX

IS MOST-WATCHED PROGRAM IN TV HISTORY

Game Obliterates Prior Record; Sets Super Bowl Mark for Fourth Straight Year

Prime Time Audience Exceeds 100 Million for First Time

Irving, TX – History was made last night on FOX when Super Bowl XLV became the most-watched U.S. television program ever, and FOX became the first network ever to exceed 100 million viewers (100.9 million) for a night in prime time, according to fast-national ratings released today by Nielsen Media Research. The game, the outcome of which was in doubt until the final seconds, saw the Green Bay Packers defeat the Pittsburgh Steelers 31-25 to capture the franchise’s fourth Super Bowl Championship.

FOX Sports’ broadcast of Super Bowl XLV averaged 111 million viewers and is the most-watched television program in U.S. history, obliterating the prior record of 106.5 set last year during Super Bowl XLIV by 4.5 million viewers and the 106.0 million for the series finale of M*A*S*H, which held the viewership record from 1983 to 2010.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/02/07/super-bowl-xlv-poised-to-break-viewing-records-ties-1987-with-highest-overnight-ratings-ever/81684

__________________________________________________ _

Congrats!

BTW, what was the QB rating for the winning QB's in the last two SB's?

Here are the Top 10 performances and I do know that Drew Brees is tied with Tom Brady for most completions in a SB.

Phil Sims's rating will probably never be broken.

QB ratingQuarterbackSuper Bowl
150.92Phil SimmsXXI
147.56Joe MontanaXXIV
145.04Jim PlunkettXV
140.69Troy AikmanXXVII
134.84Steve YoungXXIX
127.87Doug WilliamsXXII
127.20Joe MontanaXIX
119.17Terry BradshawXIII
117.06Jake DelhommeXXXVIII
116.21Bart Starr
And, the game was still boring as there were too many mistakes, penalties and no lead changes.;-)

BonMallari
02-07-2011, 04:35 PM
How much do you think Mickey kicks in for that????:cool:

RK

the Gulfstream X must have been warming up because ESPN just did an interview with Rodgers from....Disneyworld :D

duk4me
02-07-2011, 04:36 PM
Congrats RK ya'll should be tough for several years to come.

Uncle Bill
02-07-2011, 05:02 PM

That's precisely the way I saw it. When the Stillers were on a roll in the 3rd, they made a couple of stupid calls that led to the missed field goal attempt....which may have been the worst FG attempt in SB history that wasn't blocked or flubbed...they proceeded to allow the Pack to get the momentum back.

You can't turn the ball over, especially near your own end zone, and expect to be in the game.

Thankfully, I have learned over the years and put my experience to work, and turned off the 1/2 time crappola. And while I tend to be quite patriotic, I have no desire to listen to someone try to make the National Anthem about them and their ego, so I waited until the kickoff to turn up the volumn.

Missing out on all the garbage, however, didn't make the game live up to expectations. It wasn't the worst I've witnessed, but it was far from being what I had hoped for.

UB

road kill
02-07-2011, 05:36 PM
Congrats RK ya'll should be tough for several years to come.

It's over now, time to start gettin' ready for next season.
Everyones record is the same as of today...........

RK

dnf777
02-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Thankfully, I have learned over the years and put my experience to work, and turned off the 1/2 time crappola. And while I tend to be quite patriotic, I have no desire to listen to someone try to make the National Anthem about them and their ego, so I waited until the kickoff to turn up the volumn.

UB

I think I'll follow your lead from now on. (in regards to the pre-game crap)
She not only tried to re-write the melody and notes, but flubbed the words.

I'll give her credit for one thing.....I've never seen someone recover so quickly and almost unnoticed from screwing up the National Anthem! Still ticks me off though.

M&K's Retrievers
02-07-2011, 07:38 PM
I think I'll follow your lead from now on. (in regards to the pre-game crap)
She not only tried to re-write the melody and notes, but flubbed the words.

I'll give her credit for one thing.....I've never seen someone recover so quickly and almost unnoticed from screwing up the National Anthem! Still ticks me off though.

He!!, she screwed up. Big deal. I think her rendition was much worse than the slip up. I don't see why they have to butcher the anthem so badly. :(

Thankful for the new avatar regards,