PDA

View Full Version : Can one of you guys translate this for me?

Buzz
02-08-2011, 09:07 AM
I don't really understand what she's getting at.

I figured there would be someone here that could help me.

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/Video-Embeds/2011/February/Palin2/?WT.mc_id=EmbedNewsPlayer

Roger Perry
02-08-2011, 09:26 AM

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/Video-Embeds/2011/February/Palin2/?WT.mc_id=EmbedNewsPlayer

I think she is saying she was busy in the bedroom with the President when the phone rang at 3:00 A.M. How else would she have known that the phone rang at 3:00 A.M. and it went to the answer machine?

Blackstone
02-08-2011, 10:27 AM

She really didn't say anything. Just talked in circles looking for a way to bash Obama.

Roger Perry
02-08-2011, 10:38 AM
She really didn't say anything. Just talked in circles looking for a way to bash Obama.

I don't see alot of the righties here coming out to defend her on this one? Maybe she was taken out of context.:rolleyes:

ducknwork
02-08-2011, 11:24 AM
Ouch.

She needs to borrow Obama's teleprompter.

Roger Perry
02-08-2011, 11:32 AM
Ouch.

She needs to stop doing interviews and just read what her script writes prepare for her.;-)

Buzz
02-08-2011, 12:20 PM
Ouch.

I'd love to see a conversation between her and Joe Biden!

Blackstone
02-08-2011, 12:22 PM

You must be a glutton for punishment!! :p

Roger Perry
02-08-2011, 12:27 PM
A no advance notice of what questions would be asked interview would be interesting.;-)

road kill
02-08-2011, 12:54 PM

That right there is funny folks, I don't care who you are!!!!;-)

RK

M&K's Retrievers
02-08-2011, 07:01 PM

That would be a BFD. :p

BrianW
02-08-2011, 08:24 PM
Fwiw, I believe she's drawing on Hillary's '08 campaign rhetoric about "who do you want answering that phone call at 3 AM?" highlighting Obama's lack of foreign policy in crisis mode.
Remeber that? The lefty bashing the further lefty?

As far as not providing information to the American people of "what America supports" he is sending mixed signals.
He showed no support, imo, for the Iranian demonstrators who were against an adversarial government to the US, saying we can't intervene in the sovereign affairs regarding the legitiimite government of anoher country..
Now, he shows support for adversarial demonstrators against a government that has been our ally and kept relative peace with Israel for 30 years, intervening in Egypt's sovereign affairs and supporting a group .
that has stated that it seeks the establishment of an Islamic state in that country.
Is that in America's best intersts?

You wanted a 'translation", there you go!

Blackstone
02-08-2011, 09:52 PM
As far as not providing information to the American people of "what America supports" he is sending mixed signals.
He showed no support, imo, for the Iranian demonstrators who were against an adversarial government to the US, saying we can't intervene in the sovereign affairs regarding the legitiimite government of anoher country..
Now, he shows support for adversarial demonstrators against a government that has been our ally and kept relative peace with Israel for 30 years, intervening in Egypt's sovereign affairs and supporting a group .
that has stated that it seeks the establishment of an Islamic state in that country.

Will still don't know what actions have been taken behind the scenes. We are only speculating. As far as comparing Iran to Egypt, Iran's government was not about to fall. By all indications, Egypt's government is going to fall.

Gerry Clinchy
02-08-2011, 11:21 PM
Will still don't know what actions have been taken behind the scenes. We are only speculating. As far as comparing Iran to Egypt, Iran's government was not about to fall. By all indications, Egypt's government is going to fall.

I'd have to say that the public statements are supposed to mean something ... or no public statement should be made.

The largest mistake has been not making more demands for the Mubarak regime for changing its autocracy & oligarchy over the past 30 years. Having failed to do that, backing the opposition now will instill no confidence in being a US ally in the future. What does that mean in terms of the govt in A'stan that the US theoretically is supporting? What did that mean in Viet Nam? What does that portend for Pakistan?

Not all of the mistakes belong to O ... but he sure ain't doing anything to improve the situation.

Gerry

Roger Perry
02-09-2011, 06:13 AM
Fwiw, I believe she's drawing on Hillary's '08 campaign rhetoric about "who do you want answering that phone call at 3 AM?" highlighting Obama's lack of foreign policy in crisis mode.

Exactly what would you expect Obama to do send in U.S. troops to restore order there? I'm sure the people there would welcome us with open arms like they did in Iraq if we did.:rolleyes:

Here is what President Obama has said:

"The future of Egypt will be determined by its people. It's also clear that there needs to be a transition process that begins now. That transition must initiate a process that respects the universal rights of the Egyptian people and that leads to free and fair elections," the president said late last week.

We want democracy in the middle east, how much more democratic can free and fair elections be?

Hew
02-09-2011, 06:28 AM

Thanks for taking the time to perfectly explain that interview. What she said made perfect sense to me when I saw it. If anything, Palin perhaps made the mistake of assuming that everyone viewing the interview would have a bit of knowledge about American politics and would remember the FAMOUS Hillary "It's 3 am" commercial from the primaries.

I further agree with Brian's translation (and Palin's interpretation) of the Admin's statements/actions re: Egypt. On the surface it appears that Obama didn't do jack sh!t to support the Iranian students (maybe that's why they failed to remove the govt., Blackstone), but he is supporting the opposition in their attempts to remove a friendly ally. I would like to think that it's all a big geo-political sausage and I don't need to see how it's made, but trust that the best and brightest in public service are working for America's best interests behind the scenes. But given the bungling of this Admin on a host of other issues, I'm not so sure that it isn't another giant Obama Admin cluster****.

ducknwork
02-09-2011, 06:32 AM

Sounds like an SNL skit in the making.

Roger Perry
02-09-2011, 09:01 AM
Thanks for taking the time to perfectly explain that interview. What she said made perfect sense to me when I saw it. If anything, Palin perhaps made the mistake of assuming that everyone viewing the interview would have a bit of knowledge about American politics and would remember the FAMOUS Hillary "It's 3 am" commercial from the primaries.

I further agree with Brian's translation (and Palin's interpretation) of the Admin's statements/actions re: Egypt. On the surface it appears that Obama didn't do jack sh!t to support the Iranian students (maybe that's why they failed to remove the govt., Blackstone), but he is supporting the opposition in their attempts to remove a friendly ally. I would like to think that it's all a big geo-political sausage and I don't need to see how it's made, but trust that the best and brightest in public service are working for America's best interests behind the scenes. But given the bungling of this Admin on a host of other issues, I'm not so sure that it isn't another giant Obama Admin cluster****.

Then it's a good thing she has a degree in speech and journalism otherwise you and Brian would never know what she was saying. :rolleyes: Can you imagine Palin sitting down with heads of States and trying to explain her views to them? I doubt even the interperters could translate what she would be trying to say into their language.:confused:

But hey, I will still vote for her in the Primaries.:D

BrianW
02-09-2011, 09:14 AM
Y'all wanted a "righty" translation of "Sarah speak" - I gave you one.

I've gotten a lot of experience lately in trying to "interpret" unclear thought processes/expressions here on POTUS. ;)

BrianW
02-09-2011, 08:30 PM
As far as comparing Iran to Egypt, Iran's government was not about to fall. By all indications, Egypt's government is going to fall.
So, by that logic we shouldn't have supported the protestors in let's say, Tianamen Square? China wasn't "about to fall".

Roger, as far as "what would you expect Obama to do ?"
Unfortunately he's doing it, promoting the transformation of Egypt into an Islamic state that, I believe will not be in the best intersts of this country.

What would I want him to do?
Well, now that being consistent is obviously out of the question. :rolleyes:
Promote an impartial (not UN or Jimmy Carter !) entity to help ensure an orderly transition after the elections in which Mubarak has already pledges not to run. Not demand in immediate resignation based on a minority of Egypt's population demonstrating which will lead to more immediate chaos and the more likely rise of an Islamic state which is one of the Muslim Brotherhood's stated goals.

Encourage the further amending of the Egyptian Constituition in hopes to more closely resemble what our country was founded on. Egypt has been taking steps to move away from sociallism and towards capitalism. THAT should be highly encouraged to continue.
But I strongly doubt PBO will follow that course.

Steve Hester
02-10-2011, 08:27 AM
Y'all wanted a "righty" translation of "Sarah speak" - I gave you one.

I've gotten a lot of experience lately in trying to "interpret" unclear thought processes/expressions here on POTUS. ;)

You said a mouthful there!!!:D:D:D:D

Roger Perry
02-10-2011, 08:48 AM
So, by that logic we shouldn't have supported the protestors in let's say, Tianamen Square? China wasn't "about to fall".

Roger, as far as "what would you expect Obama to do ?"
Unfortunately he's doing it, promoting the transformation of Egypt into an Islamic state that, I believe will not be in the best intersts of this country.

What would I want him to do?
Well, now that being consistent is obviously out of the question. :rolleyes:
Promote an impartial (not UN or Jimmy Carter !) entity to help ensure an orderly transition after the elections in which Mubarak has already pledges not to run. Not demand in immediate resignation based on a minority of Egypt's population demonstrating which will lead to more immediate chaos and the more likely rise of an Islamic state which is one of the Muslim Brotherhood's stated goals.

Encourage the further amending of the Egyptian Constituition in hopes to more closely resemble what our country was founded on. Egypt has been taking steps to move away from sociallism and towards capitalism. THAT should be highly encouraged to continue.
But I strongly doubt PBO will follow that course.

So if an election were held and "the people" elected a Muslim extremest instead of someone who would be friendly with our Country's views you would be OK with that because the election was fashioned after our elections? Or, would you want Obama to step in and make sure the person elected to replace Mubarak was a puppet to the wishes of the U.S.