PDA

View Full Version : 6 of us look pretty smart right now...

ducknwork
02-10-2011, 08:31 AM
Remember this thread?
http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?t=64725

Remember how you voted?
http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=1458

Well, the 6 of us that voted that the republicans were actually going to start doing things differently look pretty smart right now. It seems the new members of the house aren't interested in continuing business as usual. Imagine that, actually doing what needs to be done and listening to constituents as opposed to blindly following party leadership like lemmings off the cliff. Fellas, this is what you call CHANGE. This gives us HOPE.

So who is going to be the first to give? The party must come together, but how is it going to be done? Are the old reps going to move farther right? Or are the new members going to forget what got them there and become corrupt?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/10/us/politics/10congress.html?_r=1&partner=rss&emc=rss&src=igw

The willingness to buck the leadership was not unexpected given the size of the Republican freshman class, 87 new members, and the fact that newcomers and many veterans felt empowered by election results they read as a mandate to push spending cuts and shake up Congress.

“It is going to take a while for them to find their way,” said Representative John B. Larson of Connecticut, chairman of the Democratic Caucus. “For so many of their new members, discipline within the party and allegiance to a party doesn’t mean an awful lot.”

Gerry Clinchy
02-10-2011, 09:25 AM
This will be interesting to watch unfold ... R's are saying "no" things like raising the debt ceiling & The Patriot Act (which has some very controversial aspects to it); the D's are saying "no" to keeping the debt ceiling at its present level & making the UN pay its debts.

Guess both are the "party of no" this time around. The difference is what they are saying no about.

BrianW
02-10-2011, 09:40 AM
The party must come together, but how is it going to be done?

Jmtc, it's not up to the pols, it's up to The People.
WE have the responsibility to stay on these guys/gals, make our views known on a regular basis and not let them go back to business as usual.
Don't let them "assume" that "If I'm not hearing from my constituents, I must be doing alright!"
That's what Franklin meant by "if you can keep it" in my opinion.
If we get lazy and ignore OUR charge by the Founders, why should we expect anything more from our representatives?

Yes, we're all very busy with our lives but in this era of Facebook, Twitter, e-mail etc there's little justification not to contact our reps. We just need to stop updating our profiles 5 times a day, tweeting about useless crap like what we had for lunch at the new restaurant etc.

As Washington said "A government is like fire.."
You don't leave a fire alone and assume it won't get out of control, it must be watched & stoked/banked as required.

Roger Perry
02-10-2011, 10:09 AM
Jmtc, it's not up to the pols, it's up to The People.
WE have the responsibility to stay on these guys/gals, make our views known on a regular basis and not let them go back to business as usual.
Don't let them "assume" that "If I'm not hearing from my constituents, I must be doing alright!"
That's what Franklin meant by "if you can keep it" in my opinion.
If we get lazy and ignore OUR charge by the Founders, why should we expect anything more from our representatives?

Yes, we're all very busy with our lives but in this era of Facebook, Twitter, e-mail etc there's little justification not to contact our reps. We just need to stop updating our profiles 5 times a day, tweeting about useless crap like what we had for lunch at the new restaurant etc.

As Washington said "A government is like fire.."
You don't leave a fire alone and assume it won't get out of control, it must be watched & stoked/banked as required.

So then, people with the opposite views as yours should also contact their local polititions to let them know their views if they do not agree with yours right???? Or, are your views the only "rightie" view.

dnf777
02-10-2011, 10:19 AM
Well, the fiscally responsible party said they would cut $150 billion. Then it was 50 bil, now its 32 billion. Guess what? That ain't gonna fix the deficit. Not by a LOOOOOOOOONG shot!

So what next? You can't cut 32 billion, and NOT raise the debt level.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, (and its not just me saying it) You can't just cut discretionary spending and balance this beast. You MUST address cuts in defense, medicare and SS. Everything else combined is just pocket change compared to what these big three are doing to our budget.

I don't see the republicans stepping up to this big, bad, dangerous plate....but somebody better. Or will have it handed to us.

road kill
02-10-2011, 10:30 AM
Well, the fiscally responsible party said they would cut $150 billion. Then it was 50 bil, now its 32 billion. Guess what? That ain't gonna fix the deficit. Not by a LOOOOOOOOONG shot!

So what next? You can't cut 32 billion, and NOT raise the debt level.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, (and its not just me saying it) You can't just cut discretionary spending and balance this beast. You MUST address cuts in defense, medicare and SS. Everything else combined is just pocket change compared to what these big three are doing to our budget.

I don't see the republicans stepping up to this big, bad, dangerous plate....but somebody better. Or will have it handed to us.

And the other party??
(evidently the "fiscally irresponsible party)

RK

Franco
02-10-2011, 10:32 AM
Remember this thread?

Remember how you voted?

Well, the 6 of us that voted that the republicans were actually going to start doing things differently look pretty smart right now. It seems the new members of the house aren't interested in continuing business as usual. Imagine that, actually doing what needs to be done and listening to constituents as opposed to blindly following party leadership like lemmings off the cliff. Fellas, this is what you call CHANGE. This gives us HOPE.

So who is going to be the first to give? The party must come together, but how is it going to be done? Are the old reps going to move farther right? Or are the new members going to forget what got them there and become corrupt?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/10/us/politics/10congress.html?_r=1&partner=rss&emc=rss&src=igw

Give it some time and they too will be corrupted. All Freshman want to change the world until they are slapped in the face by reality.

It is obvious that they haven't come to terms with the scope and size of the financial problems cause by politicians in DC. When reelection times rolls around, they will be saying anything and doing anything they can to get reelected. It is the nature of the beast.

32 billion in cuts is nothing more than superficial. A good start maybe but a long way from solving the problems.

dnf777
02-10-2011, 10:49 AM
And the other party??
(evidently the "fiscally irresponsible party)

RK

yep. Yer right Stan. The democrats have put us in this mess completley. They are worthless and not to be counted on.

Ok, now that that's out of the way, what are ya gonna do?? Cut 32 billion?
Cut the congressional budget by 6%?
The ball is in your court as of last November, and all I see is exploding budgets and increased debt. Ol Boehner isn't living up to his promise, is he?

Franco
02-10-2011, 10:58 AM
Yup, 32 billion ain't squat.

When they cut 14,000 billion in debt, then they are serious!

Marvin S
02-10-2011, 11:20 AM
Remember this thread?

Well, the 6 of us that voted that the republicans were actually going to start doing things differently look pretty smart right now.

I think your celebration is a little premature. If they are having a hard time cutting 6% of their overspending, can you imagine what the next 94% is going to look like. Though it is a start, but somewhat feeble.

IMO, when we see the carcasses of the DoE's, both of them & the ethanol fiasco, then we will be going down the correct path. But as is typical the cuts that will be made will be cosmetic rather than those necessary. I hope I am wrong, but it's not easy getting rid of something with a constituency, I know that for a fact.

road kill
02-10-2011, 11:24 AM
yep. Yer right Stan. The democrats have put us in this mess completley. They are worthless and not to be counted on.

Ok, now that that's out of the way, what are ya gonna do?? Cut 32 billion?
Cut the congressional budget by 6%?
The ball is in your court as of last November, and all I see is exploding budgets and increased debt. Ol Boehner isn't living up to his promise, is he?

You made a "smarmy" comment about the "fiscally responsible" party.

I responded, you go off topic.
I'm shocked.:rolleyes:

RK

dnf777
02-10-2011, 11:29 AM
Yup, 32 billion ain't squat.

When they cut 14,000 billion in debt, then they are serious!

While that's a lot of entry fees for you and me, it isn't squat in terms of the budget deficit. I know you don't need to be reminded that there are one thousand billions in one trillion, and our deficit is around 1.3 trillion!

Not to mention there are a thousand millions in one billion. Cutting a few million in educational grants won't affect 0.001% of the budget, but will severely and adversely affect the lives of people depending on scholarships or grants, and harm the long term viability of the US in competitiveness. Education is the best long term investment we can make as a nation. I think most would agree on that?

Franco
02-10-2011, 11:35 AM
While that's a lot of entry fees for you and me, it isn't squat in terms of the budget deficit. I know you don't need to be reminded that there are one thousand billions in one trillion, and our deficit is around 1.3 trillion!

Not to mention there are a thousand millions in one billion. Cutting a few million in educational grants won't affect 0.001% of the budget, but will severely and adversely affect the lives of people depending on scholarships or grants, and harm the long term viability of the US in competitiveness. Education is the best long term investment we can make as a nation. I think most would agree on that?

Our debt is 14 TRILLION!

That would be 14,000 billion.;-)

And, increases by 4 billion per day.

dnf777
02-10-2011, 11:41 AM
You made a "smarmy" comment about the "fiscally responsible" party.

I responded, you go off topic.
I'm shocked.:rolleyes:

RK

The topic is about what the republicans are going to do. I talked about what the republicans are going (or NOT going) to do.

That's off topic??? :confused:

YOU are the one who shifted the discussion from the shortcoming of the republican party to the democrats. Just like the republican congressman who posted on Craigslist was immediately shifted to Billy Clinton??????????

I see the common tactic employed here.

Then you accuse ME of going off topic????????

What next? LBJs medicare spending?

dnf777
02-10-2011, 11:42 AM
Our debt is 14 TRILLION!

That would be 14,000 billion.;-)

And, increases by 4 billion per day.

There is a difference between deficit and debt. Deficit is an annual accounting. The debt is cumulative. Maybe you just missed that.

road kill
02-10-2011, 12:01 PM
The topic is about what the republicans are going to do. I talked about what the republicans are going (or NOT going) to do.

That's off topic??? :confused:

YOU are the one who shifted the discussion from the shortcoming of the republican party to the democrats. Just like the republican congressman who posted on Craigslist was immediately shifted to Billy Clinton??????????

I see the common tactic employed here.

Then you accuse ME of going off topic????????

What next? LBJs medicare spending?
No, his legendary Jack Daniels consumption.

RK

M&K's Retrievers
02-10-2011, 12:03 PM

If you will check, they have been in office since January and one week of that was shut down because of the shooting. That's around 20 days. Last time I checked, nothing gets done fast in DC unless it's bad.

dnf777
02-10-2011, 12:58 PM
If you will check, they have been in office since January and one week of that was shut down because of the shooting. That's around 20 days. Last time I checked, nothing gets done fast in DC unless it's bad.

ITS GIFFORD'S FAULT!!!!

never cease to amaze!

mjh345
02-10-2011, 01:17 PM

How right you are!!!
The lobbyists haven't had enough time to completely show them that conducting business as usual can be "mutually beneficial"

Me thinks the OP is counting his chickens WAY WAY too soon

charly_t
02-10-2011, 01:24 PM
ITS GIFFORD'S FAULT!!!!

never cease to amaze!

Wow ! I have never understood your thought process at times. From reading that I thought it was the shooter's fault not Giffords'. You are a very smart man so could you explain your reasoning here so so can understand it. Make it simple for this old woman, please.

dnf777
02-10-2011, 01:33 PM
Wow ! I have never understood your thought process at times. From reading that I thought it was the shooter's fault not Giffords'. You are a very smart man so could you explain your reasoning here so so can understand it. Make it simple for this old woman, please.

I'm just trying to fit in and be one of the "cool kids" here. I thought if I disregarded facts, and just blamed the democrat, it would be the thing to do.

After all, MK pointed out that the republican congress had a critical week taken away from their deficit-reduction programs by the shooting.

Now I realize why we're in the predicament we're in.

ducknwork
02-10-2011, 01:45 PM
32 billion in cuts is nothing more than superficial. A good start maybe but a long way from solving the problems.

From the article:

Earlier in the day, members of the party’s conservative bloc used a closed-door party meeting to push the leadership to go well beyond its plans to trim about $40 billion from domestic spending and foreign aid this year, demanding $100 billion or more.

Yes, I understand that $100B is nowhere near $14T. But there is a lot of significance in the fact that the new guys are NOT falling in lockstep with the party and going along with the broken promise of only cutting $40B.

Not to mention, they didn't allow the parts of the Patriot Act to be continued, therefore trying to uphold the Constitution. Yet they were ridiculed on here for that?:confused:

ducknwork
02-10-2011, 01:51 PM
I'm just trying to fit in and be one of the "cool kids" here. I thought if I disregarded facts, and just blamed the democrat, it would be the thing to do.

After all, MK pointed out that the republican congress had a critical week taken away from their deficit-reduction programs by the shooting.

Now I realize why we're in the predicament we're in.

I hope that you are just trolling, because if your critical thinking skills really suck this bad, I would hate to see what happened if something went wrong in your daily work that required an urgent decision.

Moral of the post: Don't stoop to the level that you complain about. It makes you look stupid.

road kill
02-10-2011, 01:51 PM

Let me take the lead on this one.....yes, it can be explained.

You see, dnf is a "middle of the road independent.":rolleyes:

What that is, exactly, is someone who is (but bristles at being called) a "left wing liberal."

Really all there is to it.

RK

dnf777
02-10-2011, 01:54 PM
Moral of the post: Don't stoop to the level that you complain about. It makes you look stupid.

I agree totally. Thank you for the reminder.

M&K's Retrievers
02-10-2011, 02:21 PM
ITS GIFFORD'S FAULT!!!!

never cease to amaze!

Hey POTUS police , I never said it was anyone's fault. I said it was the reason for being shut down for a week. I never even implied it was a bad thing. You did!

Actually a pretty rude remark even for you.

Perhaps it time for another break regards,

M&K's Retrievers
02-10-2011, 02:23 PM
I'm just trying to fit in and be one of the "cool kids" h

That ain't ever gonna happen. :cool:

dnf777
02-10-2011, 02:29 PM
Hey POTUS police , I never said it was anyone's fault. I said it was the reason for being shut down for a week. I never even implied it was a bad thing. You did!

Actually a pretty rude remark even for you.

Perhaps it time for another break regards,

uh oh. Somebody has their hackles up .

I'll back down.....Don't want any kennel rage!

Talk about EASY. I haven't had anyone take the bait that easy since I went crabbin' on Cedar Bayou with rotten chicken necks! :D

road kill
02-10-2011, 03:10 PM
uh oh. Somebody has their hackles up .

I'll back down.....Don't want any kennel rage!

Talk about EASY. I haven't had anyone take the bait that easy since I went crabbin' on Cedar Bayou with rotten chicken necks! :D
Actually, Dave, your comment is in extremely poor taste;

ITS GIFFORD'S FAULT!!!!

never cease to amaze!

RK

dnf777
02-10-2011, 03:14 PM
Actually, Dave, your comment is in extremely poor taste;

RK

No it wasn't.

It was clearly sarcastic. Only the dense would not see that, and I know you're not dense.

What IS in poor taste, is accusing her of "asking for it", which a conservative pundit did, or referring to the First Lady's "fat a##" over and over again, which a potuser did.

THAT, is poor taste.

I'm glad to hear she is speaking again. That is HUGE, as it means her Broca's area is at least somewhat salvageable at least, and normal at best. Wernicke's area also, since she formed sensical speech.

road kill
02-10-2011, 03:19 PM
No it wasn't.

It was clearly sarcastic. Only the dense would not see that, and I know you're not dense.

What IS in poor taste, is accusing her of "asking for it", which a conservative pundit did, or referring to the First Lady's "fat a##" over and over again, which a potuser did.

THAT, is poor taste.

I'm glad to hear she is speaking again. That is HUGE, as it means her Broca's area is at least somewhat salvageable at least, and normal at best. Wernicke's area also, since she formed sensical speech.
In your context it was incredibly rude and insensitive.

ITS GIFFORD'S FAULT!!!!

never cease to amaze!

RK

Franco
02-10-2011, 04:13 PM
From the article:

Yes, I understand that $100B is nowhere near $14T. But there is a lot of significance in the fact that the new guys are NOT falling in lockstep with the party and going along with the broken promise of only cutting $40B.

Not to mention, they didn't allow the parts of the Patriot Act to be continued, therefore trying to uphold the Constitution. Yet they were ridiculed on here for that?:confused:

If they prove to be serious about reducing the deficit, cut spending and shrink the size of Fed Government and keep those items as thier sole paltform, I'll support them both with my vote and donation. I am not contributing anymore to the state GOP and stopped 3 years ago.

Right now I am leaning towards Ron or Rand Paul for 2012. If Jon Huntsman vetts well, I may support him instead.

dnf777
02-10-2011, 04:24 PM

RK

I'm sorry Father, for I have sinned. I will complete 20 Our Fathers and 20 Hail Stans.

Trent Humphries:

“It’s political gamesmanship. The real case is that she [Giffords] had no security whatsoever at this event. So if she lived under a constant fear of being targeted, if she lived under this constant fear of this rhetoric and hatred that was seething, why would she attend an event in full view of the public with no security whatsoever?” he said. “For all the stuff they accuse her [Palin] of, that gun poster has not done a tenth of the damage to the political discourse as what we’re hearing right now.”

THAT is rude and insensitive. And he was not being sarcastic. He was making his warped point.

I'll still get out my Beads if it makes you happy. ;-)

Marvin S
02-10-2011, 04:30 PM
If they prove to be serious about reducing the deficit, cut spending and shrink the size of Fed Government and keep those items as thier sole paltform, I'll support them both with my vote and donation. I am not contributing anymore to the state GOP and stopped 3 years ago.

Right now I am leaning towards Ron or Rand Paul for 2012. If Jon Huntsman vetts well, I may support him instead.

I find it hard to take you seriously when you post statements like those hilited. Have you ever deciphered Ron Paul's voting record? He is not afraid of spending! Rand didn't do a landslide in KY & needs a truckload of seasoning before he is ready for prime time.

As for the donating I also shut that down, contributing once to a D in the last local election. Should this group of people prove to do their job I will start that up again.

BonMallari
02-10-2011, 04:32 PM

IMHO Ron Paul had his shot and wont step in front of his Son's bright political futre...dont think Rand would risk a chance at BHO after two years in office unless the numbers were in his favor...I like Jon Huntsman but his liabilities ( Utah/Mormon and Beck) may come back to haunt him... He is a good man...and I think Rand Paul will be a major player..in 2016

huntinman
02-10-2011, 04:34 PM
I'm sorry Father, for I have sinned. I will complete 20 Our Fathers and 20 Hail Stans.

Trent Humphries:

“It’s political gamesmanship. The real case is that she [Giffords] had no security whatsoever at this event. So if she lived under a constant fear of being targeted, if she lived under this constant fear of this rhetoric and hatred that was seething, why would she attend an event in full view of the public with no security whatsoever?” he said. “For all the stuff they accuse her [Palin] of, that gun poster has not done a tenth of the damage to the political discourse as what we’re hearing right now.”

THAT is rude and insensitive. And he was not being sarcastic. He was making his warped point.

I'll still get out my Beads if it makes you happy. ;-)

You say all sorts of arrogant, obnoxious crap, then try to defend yourself by pointing to some other dumb statement. Then you wonder why so many on here think you are a dork? Man you are a piece of work... Your patients may think your word is gospel, but most of us just know it BS.

Franco
02-10-2011, 04:50 PM
I find it hard to take you seriously when you post statements like those hilited. Have you ever deciphered Ron Paul's voting record? He is not afraid of spending! Rand didn't do a landslide in KY & needs a truckload of seasoning before he is ready for prime time.

As for the donating I also shut that down, contributing once to a D in the last local election. Should this group of people prove to do their job I will start that up again.

Here ya go Marv, Ron Paul's voting record. You tell me which vote doesn't represents a smaller Fed Government and less spending.
http://projects.washingtonpost.com/congress/members/P000583/votes/

sandyg
02-10-2011, 04:59 PM
You say all sorts of arrogant, obnoxious crap, then try to defend yourself by pointing to some other dumb statement. Then you wonder why so many on here think you are a dork? Man you are a piece of work... Your patients may think your word is gospel, but most of us just know it BS.

Amen!!

Be careful, if you voice your opinion of him too strongly he goes running to Chris!

charly_t
02-10-2011, 05:03 PM
No it wasn't.

THAT, is poor taste.

I'm still not understanding why you would make a remark like that about a lady who was almost killed and will in all probability never be the same. I don't care if you meant it in a sarcastic way or as a joke. You still have clearly stepped over the line.

charly_t
02-10-2011, 05:11 PM

RK

I'm tellin' you......the fact that he doesn't "get it" is the problem with his mental make up. Oh well, I have an ex brother-in-law who was an M.D.
and some of them will never "get it".

dnf777
02-10-2011, 05:15 PM
You all make me laugh.

Save it for someone who cares.

Coming from some of the people who have made statements here, that self-ritcheousness doesn't really carry much weight.

I made a political satirical remark, making more reference to the wacked out teapartier who DID actually accuse her of bringing it on herself....but wait....oh, that was a teapartier, so he gets a pass!

those of you who worry about what I said are HYPOCRITES!

Have a nice day.

I stand by what I said, have nothing to apologize for, so if you don't like it.....go pound salt.

(except for hypocrite, which is more of a valid description, I didn't even call anyone names. But I hear a tick tick tick....who will be the first to lash out??)

dnf777
02-10-2011, 05:18 PM
I'm tellin' you......the fact that he doesn't "get it" is the problem with his mental make up. Oh well, I have an ex brother-in-law who was an M.D.
and some of them will never "get it".

What the heck does my job have to do with anything here? Again, when you run out of things to say, start the personal and professional attacks.

it doesn't upset me at all. Just tells me you've run out of constructive things to say, so you launch personal attacks.

I don't know what you do, nor do I care. I would not link your opinions here to your job. I don't need to. You obviously do, for lack of valid substance.

Have a nice day. I sure have.
Its a good feeling to help people feel better. Hope you all had a good day as well.

huntinman
02-10-2011, 05:22 PM
I think that went well.:cool:

charly_t
02-10-2011, 05:28 PM
What the heck does my job have to do with anything here? Again, when you run out of things to say, start the personal and professional attacks.

it doesn't upset me at all. Just tells me you've run out of constructive things to say, so you launch personal attacks.

I don't know what you do, nor do I care. I would not link your opinions here to your job. I don't need to. You obviously do, for lack of valid substance.

Have a nice day. I sure have.
Its a good feeling to help people feel better. Hope you all had a good day as well.

I'm so sorry, DNF. I was making an excuse for you but perhaps you did not perceive that.

dnf777
02-10-2011, 05:36 PM
I'm so sorry, DNF. I was making an excuse for you but perhaps you did not perceive that.

Guess what? I don't need anyone making excuses, so don't trouble yourself. I'm not ashamed to say what I do for a living, and often get attacked for it, when people run out of things to say.

I'm very happy and proud of what I do. Its a privilege that you'll never understand, nor do I expect you to. I don't care if you choose to attack something you don't understand for lack of anything else to say, but for YOUR sake, it makes you look weak and bad.

Now, I suggest we all go do something good for someone we care about. I'm going to read a Hardy Boys book with my son. THAT is something I enjoy far more than fielding unfounded insults on POTUS! :D

Marvin S
02-10-2011, 05:41 PM
Here ya go Marv, Ron Paul's voting record. You tell me which vote doesn't represents a smaller Fed Government and less spending.
http://projects.washingtonpost.com/congress/members/P000583/votes/

Thanks Franco!!!!!!! Club for Growth gives him about a 67% which is worse than a lot of D's. I only went through about 6 pages of 939 & saw a lot of nv, meaning he did not vote. Some of the titles made it look like serious stuff, is he one of those guys?

charly_t
02-10-2011, 05:43 PM
It was clearly sarcastic. Only the dense would not see that, ............

Just for you, DNF.......... who attacked first, ummmm

M&K's Retrievers
02-10-2011, 06:18 PM
....... But I hear a tick tick tick....who will be the first to lash out??)

You said it, not me. :p

luvmylabs23139
02-10-2011, 06:55 PM
No it wasn't.

THAT, is poor taste.

You seroiusly compare me commenting on the food police's CRISCO to Giffords being shot?
That is really sad.
You guys (this is a general guys) comment on women's assets or lack thereof all the time.

Marvin S
02-10-2011, 07:04 PM
You guys (this is a general guys) comment on women's assets or lack thereof all the time.

On this forum??????? This is POTUS & staying on subject generally shows a latent ability to converse, which many do not have, unless the subject becomes themselves :(. While we do comment on someone's obvious lack of gray matter, how someone looks is beyond their control. Unless they are overweight :).

While the 1st lady obviously will not grace a "runway", that's not her fault. What she says & does is :o.

luvmylabs23139
02-10-2011, 07:12 PM
Let me go track down the pick RK posted with the biker babe on POTUS. I'm sure I can find plenty of "asset" comments!
BY the way I personally consider MO overweight. I bet she would fail the BMI standard. An if that is so then she should shut up about telling us all what and how much to eat.

road kill
02-10-2011, 07:20 PM
It ain't over till it's over.........

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-02-10/republicans-promise-100-billion-in-spending-cuts.html

Perhaps the financial gurus from the "middle of the road" prematurely came to a conclusion.

RK

huntinman
02-10-2011, 07:21 PM
Let me go track down the pick RK posted with the biker babe on POTUS. I'm sure I can find plenty of "asset" comments!
BY the way I personally consider MO overweight. I bet she would fail the MBI standard. An if that is so then she should shut up about telling us all what and how much to eat.

Whether she is overweight or not, she should stay out of our kitchens, dining rooms, restaurants etc.. It is none of her damn business what we eat or choose to feed our kids.

Cody Covey
02-10-2011, 07:27 PM
BMI is the worst standard possible to determine proper body weight. The BMI standard says I should weigh 145lbs which is fairly impossible. BMI doesn't consider body TYPE at all...

road kill
02-10-2011, 07:31 PM
BY the way I personally consider MO overweight. I bet she would fail the BMI standard. An if that is so then she should shut up about telling us all what and how much to eat.

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww42/sbx1/milw1.jpg

RK:D

luvmylabs23139
02-10-2011, 07:36 PM
You were just looking for an excuse to post that pic again weren't you?;-)

road kill
02-10-2011, 07:38 PM
You were just looking for an excuse to post that pic again weren't you?;-)

Guilty as charged!!!:shock:

RK

Marvin S
02-10-2011, 07:45 PM

On that particular picture I do remember someone commenting that RK's daughter was a knockout :-P. But you go right ahead & search for those asset comments :cool:.

Franco
02-10-2011, 07:50 PM
Thanks Franco!!!!!!! Club for Growth gives him about a 67% which is worse than a lot of D's. I only went through about 6 pages of 939 & saw a lot of nv, meaning he did not vote. Some of the titles made it look like serious stuff, is he one of those guys?

I'm not sure of what you mean by "one of those guys"?

I do know that of all the politicians on the hill, he has been the lone voice for a smaller Fed Gov for years. Not just the last two years! I consider him very much old-fashioned and he does have an awesome grasp of The Constituition. You won't see him over-stepping his powers.

There aren't any politicians that I am aware of that I agree with 100%. However, I think his priorities are in order.

Have any of our Regulatory bodies worked? Energy, Financial, Broadcast, Housing, Immigration and more has not been handled smartly. Sad part, it is the voters fault. We've been asleep at the wheel and look where they have driven us into!

luvmylabs23139
02-10-2011, 08:05 PM
On that particular picture I do remember someone commenting that RK's daughter was a knockout :-P. But you go right ahead & search for those asset comments :cool:.

She's not his daughter. I found all the "hottie" comments etc, but why bother posting them?
RK has reposted the pic so I'm sure there will be some new ones made even if they never show up in type.:rolleyes:

BrianW
02-10-2011, 08:53 PM
So then, people with the opposite views as yours should also contact their local polititions to let them know their views if they do not agree with yours right????
Yes, imo, they should. Both you & I were given that charge. If you shirk your duty, you have no grounds to bitch about your Rep's/Sen's vote(s).

Or, are your views the only "rightie" view.:)
The Federalists AND the Anti-Federalists were both instrumental in shaping the Constitution. What would that document have been with only one point of view? :confused:

But seeing how this thread was originally about "would the new Republicans "cave"? I suggested that the people who helped put them there STAY on them.
How would YOU ensure that a freshman representative stay on track?

JDogger
02-11-2011, 12:12 AM
Remember this thread?

Remember how you voted?

Well there were seven votes, not six. Who's the dumb one? What about those that didn't vote? Smart or dumb?

22 total votes....Hmmm, maybe the poll itself was not the smart one. JD

ducknwork
02-11-2011, 07:13 AM
Well there were seven votes, not six. Who's the dumb one? You must be the dumb one, because you can't comprehend that someone voted after I posted this thread.:rolleyes:What about those that didn't vote? Smart or dumb?Apathetic. See "quote trivia" thread.

22 total votes....Hmmm, maybe the poll itself was not the smart one. JD

If you dislike this place so much, go away.:D After all, we all know that you are waaaay to smart to hang out with the likes of us.:rolleyes:

ducknwork
02-11-2011, 07:30 AM
Let's add a few more billion to the list of cuts...Glad to see the R leadership is being held to their promise by the new members.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/02/11/republicans-promise-b-spending-cuts/#

road kill
02-11-2011, 07:33 AM
Let's add a few more billion to the list of cuts...Glad to see the R leadership is being held to their promise by the new members.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/02/11/republicans-promise-b-spending-cuts/#

Hey!!!!!
I posted this yesterday!!
Of course the "middle of the road independents" (left wing liberals) ignored it.

To busy whining...........

It ain't over till it's over.........

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...ding-cuts.html

Perhaps the financial gurus from the "middle of the road" prematurely came to a conclusion.

RK

RK