PDA

View Full Version : Looking Back

Marvin S
02-16-2011, 05:50 PM
There are people doing dogs that are older than I, but not many. Friday I will do the big eightzero. My grandfather did ninetynine & two weeks. I plan to beat that, hopefully with facilities to recognize same.

When I was born Hoover was POTUS & times were tough but no one noticed that as everyone was in the same boat. But I will tell you what I have seen gives me a much different perspective on life than most. I have always been around working people & am most comfortable with them, so see life from that perspective.

dnf posted some of the things that happened that year on "Pigford vs Glickman" but I don't want that thread sidetracked as I want the progressives to own up to their folly. Gas was on occasion 7 gallons for a dollar, & while wages were lower everyone seemed to eat well, we all ate organic :).

dnf777
02-16-2011, 06:46 PM
we all ate organic :).

That's why you're still kickin and spittin, and God willin', will make to the century mark!

Bet you drank whole milk too!

Franco
02-16-2011, 07:18 PM
Heck Marv, you missed being able to particiapte in the "big show" by about 8 years!

1941-45, what a great time to be an American:cool:

JDogger
02-16-2011, 07:31 PM
There are people doing dogs that are older than I, but not many. Friday I will do the big eightzero. My grandfather did ninetynine & two weeks. I plan to beat that, hopefully with facilities to recognize same.

When I was born Hoover was POTUS & times were tough but no one noticed that as everyone was in the same boat. But I will tell you what I have seen gives me a much different perspective on life than most. I have always been around working people & am most comfortable with them, so see life from that perspective.

dnf posted some of the things that happened that year on "Pigford vs Glickman" but I don't want that thread sidetracked as I want the progressives to own up to their folly. Gas was on occasion 7 gallons for a dollar, & while wages were lower everyone seemed to eat well, we all ate organic :).

I hope you see your grandfather's age, Marvin.
I post here, little anymore.
I read some.
Most, who used to post are gone now.
Well, except you and UB...
Nothing is going to bring back the world of the past.
Nostalgia...it ain't what it used to be.
The world has changed.
I might not like it, nor you, nor Bill, but changed it has.

See ya at the bridge, regards, JD

BTW 80 ain't so old anymore.

wayne anderson
02-16-2011, 09:30 PM
We So. Dak. folks have had to be tough to survive in this "vast wasteland", or flyover land as some call it! I say just keep flying over, we're fine without more permanent "residents" except for pheasants. (Native SD farm boy, now Minnesota/Georgia "former farm boy"). Happy 80th BD, Marvin, just hit the big 70 myself last week!

charly_t
02-16-2011, 11:59 PM
Happy Birthday, Marvin S.

Had an Aunt who was still spading in her garden at 98 years young. Cancer got her at 99. That was a few years back. If it was now the cancer could probably be whipped or at least slowed down. They grew most of what they ate. It's the best way to live I think.