PDA

View Full Version : Voting Someone Off POTUS

Marvin S
02-25-2011, 09:43 PM
Having read the thread on the main forum about voting someone "off the island", one wonders how that would apply to POTUS, the consensus being it takes all kinds on the main forum. While it appeared to be in jest, those kinds of posts are usually the result of issues of some sort.

This created thought about POTUS & those on the forum whose MO is antagonizing many someones routinely & then claiming innocence when they are called on that behavior. No one will argue that David Gibson's photo's were not above the norm & we have all been robbed of that by one person who participates (using the term loosely) on this forum.

Rather than have a vote, the available option is the IGNORE feature, which places the antagonist in a no view mode, as long as you are logged in. As this person's worthwhile posts are as rare as an Ivory Billed Wood Pecker sighting it means little of content would be lost to your viewing pleasure.

Today, while thinking this would never happen, this person was placed on IGNORE by myself. All you have to do is place that person on IGNORE, sign in each time you visit & you have placed the Mute button on all posts from that source. It really works well :cool:.

M&K's Retrievers
02-25-2011, 10:05 PM
Having read the thread on the main forum about voting someone "off the island", one wonders how that would apply to POTUS, the consensus being it takes all kinds on the main forum. While it appeared to be in jest, those kinds of posts are usually the result of issues of some sort.

This created thought about POTUS & those on the forum whose MO is antagonizing many someones routinely & then claiming innocence when they are called on that behavior. No one will argue that David Gibson's photo's were not above the norm & we have all been robbed of that by one person who participates (using the term loosely) on this forum.

Rather than have a vote, the available option is the IGNORE feature, which places the antagonist in a no view mode, as long as you are logged in. As this person's worthwhile posts are as rare as an Ivory Billed Wood Pecker sighting it means little of content would be lost to your viewing pleasure.

Today, while thinking this would never happen, this person was placed on IGNORE by myself. All you have to do is place that person on IGNORE, sign in each time you visit & you have placed the Mute button on all posts from that source. It really works well :cool:.

Done. Hey, that was fun!

sandyg
02-27-2011, 10:03 PM
I put the number one clown on ignore just now. If people would stop quoting him my eyes would never be sullied by his nonsense ever again.

road kill
02-28-2011, 06:32 AM
I'm in.
I really don't like doing this, but it's the only choice left.
Things always get personal with 1 poster.

It is what it is...........

RK

Buzz
02-28-2011, 09:32 AM
Why don't you guys just put everyone who disagrees with you politically on ignore. Then you won't have to be inconvenienced with being subjected to other opinions.

He who closes his ears to the views of others shows little confidence in the integrity of his own views.
- William Congreve

sandyg
02-28-2011, 09:43 AM
Why don't you guys just put everyone who disagrees with you politically on ignore. Then you won't have to be inconvenienced with being subjected to other opinions.

I don't have a problem with everyone, just one person. And I'd have the same problem with him if he was a conservative.

road kill
02-28-2011, 09:44 AM

It's not about that at all.

It's about every thread being about 1 person (in his mind anyways).:rolleyes:

But then.....you already know that.

RK

Franco
02-28-2011, 09:50 AM
with that as the criteria, then there are several that fit that discription.

the more dissenting opinions that are run off of this site, the less interesting.

road kill
02-28-2011, 09:55 AM
Buzz, Franco,
Do you really think this thread is about politics??

RK

Marvin S
02-28-2011, 09:55 AM

Are you talking of those public employees in Madison with their professional conduct?

IMO - I don't normally see anyone on POTUS back off from an intelligent discussion, the issue is getting to that stage. Most supporting your cause apparently don't have the background to go beyond quoting some lefty columnist as their source & agreeing with the claptrap they put in print. FYI, that's not a discussion, though at times links are useful.

sandyg
02-28-2011, 04:49 PM
Just added a second one!
Not anyone who posted on this thread...
Yet.

Ken Bora
03-01-2011, 12:02 AM
who are you guys ignorin'?
what did I miss?

JDogger
03-01-2011, 12:21 AM
One always has the option of voting themselves out. ;) JD

M&K's Retrievers
03-01-2011, 12:24 AM
who are you guys ignorin'?
what did I miss?

PM sent.......

Ken Bora
03-01-2011, 10:15 AM
Thank you all for the p.m.ís.
I am still unsure exactly whom I should and then of course should not ignore.
Is there any way somebody could build a web page evaluating our fellow POTUS posters?
Accurately analyzing their performance at shoveling it out or scooping it up.
So Iíll know if I should post under them or not.;-) ;-) ;-)

road kill
03-01-2011, 10:21 AM
Thank you all for the p.m.’s.
I am still unsure exactly whom I should and then of course should not ignore.
Is there any way somebody could build a web page evaluating our fellow POTUS posters?
Accurately analyzing their performance at shoveling it out or scooping it up.
So I’ll know if I should post under them or not.;-) ;-) ;-)

I don't think anyone really wants to ignore anyone else.

But when a poster consistantly gets personal.....I guess people have to do something to avoid getting caught up in the personal type exchanges.
I mean it always does a little, and is usually forgiven.
I have done it (I admit it)it was my fault, I decided to do it.
I also let stuff go sometimes as I know where it is going.
Some just simply cannot excercise that kind of control!!!
I enjoy everyone's posts for the most part....as I am sure you all get my humor!!!!!:rolleyes:

If I feel I have crossed the line, I have reached out via pm and apologized or at least tried to mend fences.
Most cases it has helped.
Some never responded.

It will ease up a little when those of us who train dogs and run tests or trails can get out and get started!!!!!!!!!!:D

stan b

dnf777
03-01-2011, 10:47 AM
The first four original contributors to this thread have been guilty of more personal attacks than the rest of all of POTUS combined. I have ignored this, because frankly I don't care, and have largely ignored the personal crap ever since it got Gibson canned.

But when the same four who are the largest offenders of personal attacks then accuse others (wonder who?) of the same, its really ridiculous.

I have noticed recently, that despite my successful effor not to name call, I have been under increasing attacks for asking for references or citations when claims were made that were questioned. OTOH, I have been told to stick my head up someone's a$$, because that's "what I do". So for the person who said that to then whine about things here, tells me that they can dish it out......but sure can't take it. The majority of us here get along fine, despite disagreeing quite often. I only have "issues" with the first four on this thread. Maybe if TWO things happened here, we could all get along.

1) try our best to limit comments to subject matter or opinions of the matter, and not of each other or professions, and limit name-calling and personal attacks.

2) not be so sensitive when someone disagrees with your views

I was sad to see Gibson go, and have since joined his photo page on FB. While I thought he could be an arse sometimes, who among us doesn't have their moments? But the truth is, I nor anyone else, prompted his departure. His OWN actions or lack of actions resulted in his leaving. He was not voted out, or petitioned to leave....other than by the one person who counts, when he broke the simple rules.

I hope I have not offended anyone with this post.

Ken Bora
03-01-2011, 10:54 AM
So.....
was I the only one to just scrollll up to the top to see who those first 4 are??
:)

road kill
03-01-2011, 10:55 AM
So.....
was I the only one to just scrollll up to the top to see who those first 4 are??

HUH??

RK

precisionlabradors
03-01-2011, 11:06 AM
HUH??

RK

lol.......dnf must be on rk's ignore list. come on, are you guys talking about dnf, roger, or someone else. just say it. y'all are being more ambiguous than the politicians we love to crucify on this board.

M&K's Retrievers
03-01-2011, 12:15 PM
So.....

You just made me do it. Heck, I'm one of 'em.:p

dnf777
03-01-2011, 03:10 PM
MK: Buzz, RP and dnf will straighten you out in short order.

jb504: lol...ahhh yes, I'm sure they will. I'm sure they are combing their copies of "Rules for Radicals" as we speak....lol, jk

M&K: May I politely ask why, if I am on ignore as you proclaimed as the first responder on this thread, and wanted to "vote me off" POTUS, do you continue to constantly invoke my name and others in your posts? Does this sound a little like double-speak?You say you don't want to have anything to do with me, yet you keep bringing me up?

And then someone said I remind them of Charlie Sheen?? :shock: (I didn't realize I knew anyone that well here!!!)

Anyway, I just wanted to share those posts on this thread, since it seems to address that precise behavior.

Have a nice day, all. I hope I didn't offend anyone with this. This is kinda fun. ;-)

jb504079
03-01-2011, 03:20 PM
MK: Buzz, RP and dnf will straighten you out in short order.

jb504: lol...ahhh yes, I'm sure they will. I'm sure they are combing their copies of "Rules for Radicals" as we speak....lol, jk

M&K: May I politely ask why, if I am on ignore as you proclaimed as the first responder on this thread, and wanted to "vote me off" POTUS, do you continue to constantly invoke my name and others in your posts? Does this sound a little like double-speak?You say you don't want to have anything to do with me, yet you keep bringing me up?

And then someone said I remind them of Charlie Sheen?? :shock: (I didn't realize I knew anyone that well here!!!)

Anyway, I just wanted to share those posts on this thread, since it seems to address that precise behavior.

Have a nice day, all. I hope I didn't offend anyone with this. This is kinda fun. ;-)

[B[/B]

BTW, Just curius about what you think of Alinsky....and if you see any manifestations of his ideas in society today?

dnf777
03-01-2011, 03:30 PM
[B[/B]

BTW, Just curius about what you think of Alinsky....and if you see any manifestations of his ideas in society today?

Well, let me respond carefully, as I do not want to offend anyone.

I am currently reading Guns, Germs, and Steel, about the evolution of human civilization, and don't have time to pick up another book at the moment.

Given you have already jumped on the wagon of presumption to know how me and a few others think and feel about all matters, pardon me if I don't take your assessment of Mr. Alinsky as gospel! No offense, but you sound rather passionate and somewhat biased towards the right. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I know both ends of the political spectrum have their radicals, and those extremes are often showcased by the other side in an effort to say, "See how crazy the other side is??!!" and I suspect this falls in that category. Without reading his writings, I will refrain from further comment.

Hopefully neither of us will be assailed for hijacking this otherwise wonderful thread. ;-)

jb504079
03-01-2011, 03:47 PM
Well, let me respond carefully, as I do not want to offend anyone.

I am currently reading Guns, Germs, and Steel, about the evolution of human civilization, and don't have time to pick up another book at the moment.

Given you have already jumped on the wagon of presumption to know how me and a few others think and feel about all matters, pardon me if I don't take your assessment of Mr. Alinsky as gospel! No offense, but you sound rather passionate and somewhat biased towards the right. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I know both ends of the political spectrum have their radicals, and those extremes are often showcased by the other side in an effort to say, "See how crazy the other side is??!!" and I suspect this falls in that category. Without reading his writings, I will refrain from further comment.

Hopefully neither of us will be assailed for hijacking this otherwise wonderful thread. ;-)

A simple, "I'm not familiar with Alinsky" would have sufficed.

No correction is needed dear friend, I am certainly passionate about being Conservative, and I won't make any apology for it. I simply wished to know your thoughts on Alinsky. But like so many other liberals I have attemted to actually engage in a real discussion, they seem to know little to nothing about some pretty important issues. Sure, we all choose our interests, what books we read, who we study, things like that....but Saul Alinsky is pretty influential in the modern day politic. Especially when we have a former Community Organizer as a President. Wouldn't you agree?

You would be shocked at the number of liberals who haven't even read Obama's own books, which actually reveal much about who he is. But hey, if you havent read Alinsky, and you are a liberal, I won't encourage you to read it. It may inspire you, and IMHO, we don't need anymore Community Agitators out there.

Franco
03-01-2011, 04:04 PM
A simple, "I'm not familiar with Alinsky" would have sufficed.

No correction is needed dear friend, I am certainly passionate about being Conservative, and I won't make any apology for it. I simply wished to know your thoughts on Alinsky. But like so many other liberals I have attemted to actually engage in a real discussion, they seem to know little to nothing about some pretty important issues. Sure, we all choose our interests, what books we read, who we study, things like that....but Saul Alinsky is pretty influential in the modern day politic. Especially when we have a former Community Organizer as a President. Wouldn't you agree?

You would be shocked at the number of liberals who haven't even read Obama's own books, which actually reveal much about who he is. But hey, if you havent read Alinsky, and you are a liberal, I won't encourage you to read it. It may inspire you, and IMHO, we don't need anymore Community Agitators out there.

Self annointed Conservative Alert!!!

Making assumptions about people on POTUS he doesn't know anything about.

And, Obama has never written a book in his life. The "Dreams Of My Father" was written for Obama by his buddy Ayers. Obama struggled with English in school and is one of the reasons his transcripts have never been made public.

sandyg
03-01-2011, 04:16 PM
Self annointed Conservative Alert!!!

Making assumptions about people on POTUS he doesn't know anything about.

And, Obama has never written a book in his life. The "Dreams Of My Father" was written for Obama by his buddy Ayers. Obama struggled with English in school and is one of the reasons his transcripts have never been made public.

Speaking of making assumptions...
He could have been lurking here before he joined, or he could have gone back and read old posts.
Or are you one of those guys who feels someone needs to have at least 200 posts before they can join the fun?

You're right about Ayers. He admitted it on a radio show a while back.

Franco
03-01-2011, 04:19 PM
Speaking of making assumptions...
He could have been lurking here before he joined, or he could have gone back and read old posts.
Or are you one of those guys who feels someone needs to have at least 200 posts before they can join the fun?

You're right about Ayers. He admitted it on a radio show a while back.

I'm just freakin tired of all the childish attacks on POTUS!!!

Write what you mean, mean what you say and be prepared to back it up is they way it should be.

Those that can't back it up resort to childish name calling.

BonMallari
03-01-2011, 04:36 PM

Write what you mean, mean what you say and be prepared to back it up is they way it should be.

I dislike, make that hate LSU and Les Miles and will pull for them to get beat every chance I get, and with the exception of Drew Brees and Sean Payton I hate the Saints..

I wrote it and I mean it...:p:p

Franco
03-01-2011, 04:40 PM
I dislike, make that hate LSU and Les Miles and will pull for them to get beat every chance I get, and with the exception of Drew Brees and Sean Payton I hate the Saints..

I wrote it and I mean it...:p:p

:D

Both of those teams will win it all next season!!!:-P AGAIN!

One can make fun of me or my politics but, when it comes to my Labs and football teams, those be fighting words!

Cowboys can only dream of having the Payton/Brees winning combo and though LSU plays in the toughest division of the toughest conference in the land, just watch what they do next season.:-P

M&K's Retrievers
03-01-2011, 07:47 PM

One can make fun of me or my politics but, when it comes to my Labs and football teams, those be fighting words!

Cowboys can only dream of having the Payton/Brees winning combo and though LSU plays in the toughest division of the toughest conference in the land, just watch what they do next season.:-P

Oh, puleeze!! What about the Big 12 minus one? :D

ducknwork
03-01-2011, 10:12 PM
I thought I would drop by and say hey, but I guess none of you will be able to see it. Oh well. Stupid ignore list.

M&K's Retrievers
03-01-2011, 10:36 PM
I can see you.

Nor_Cal_Angler
03-01-2011, 11:48 PM

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Franco
03-02-2011, 08:11 AM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

What's your problem, bruh?

Bon and I were kidding around and there was no name calling.

duk4me
03-02-2011, 01:40 PM

Leave me and da'boys out of it. I hate it when you rub salt in old wounds. Guess if we had a good owner Payton/Breeze would be silver and blue.....old wounds.:(:( To top that off Payton just bought a home in a Dallas suburb.

dnf777
03-02-2011, 04:01 PM

Whaddya expect from someone who doesn't even know how to spell
Pittsburgh?? ;)

BonMallari
03-02-2011, 04:21 PM

so Franco (or Jacob H if you are lurking) who is Les going to use as the starting QB next year, Lee, Jefferson or the kid that transferred from Georgia, I read that he has a rifle of an arm...

wishing I had someone other than squinty eyes GG at QB :p:p

Franco
03-02-2011, 05:02 PM
so Franco (or Jacob H if you are lurking) who is Les going to use as the starting QB next year, Lee, Jefferson or the kid that transferred from Georgia, I read that he has a rifle of an arm...

wishing I had someone other than squinty eyes GG at QB :p:p

My complaint with Miles is because of him sticking with Jefferson the past two seasons. I understand that our back was against the wall in 09 but no excuse for last season, though we only lost two games, Auburn and Arkansas.

My motto is, "anyone other than Jefferson"!

LSU's D should be great again next season and D is what differentiates the SEC from the other conference.

The coming NFL Draft once again will be known as the SEC Invitational.

BonMallari
03-02-2011, 07:25 PM
My complaint with Miles is because of him sticking with Jefferson the past two seasons. I understand that our back was against the wall in 09 but no excuse for last season, though we only lost two games, Auburn and Arkansas.

My motto is, "anyone other than Jefferson"!

LSU's D should be great again next season and D is what differentiates the SEC from the other conference.

The coming NFL Draft once again will be known as the SEC Invitational.

without a doubt this year...that DB you had should go in the top 5

I also see Bama QB McElroy scored 48/50 on the Wunderlich test, sure would be nice to see him come home to Dallas with a star on his helmet

SEC definitely had the talent pool this year