PDA

View Full Version : The RIGHT.......

road kill
02-27-2011, 05:58 PM
....for public employees to collective bargain.

Can someone point out to me what makes this a right?
Where is that written??
For the life of me I can't find that any where.

(and if it is....why don't the federal employees have it??)

Thanks in advance.......

RK

dnf777
02-27-2011, 06:10 PM

Where is that written??

Thanks in advance.......

RK

You're welcome.

The Railway Labor Act (1926) required employers to bargain collectively with unions.

In 1962, President Kennedy signed an executive order giving public-employee unions the right to collectively bargain with federal government agencies.[6]

NTEU National Treasury Employees Union

AFGE American Federation of Gov't Employees

The National Federation of Federal Employees (NFFE) is an American labor union which represents about 100,000 public employees in the federal government.

NFFE has about 200 local unions, most of them agency-wide bargaining units. Its members work primarily in the Department of Defense, the Forest Service, the Department of Veterans Affairs, the General Services Administration, the National Park Service, the Army Corps of Engineers, the Department of Housing and Urban Development, and the Passport Services division of the Bureau of Consular Affairs (Department of State).

Uncle Bill
02-27-2011, 06:13 PM

Where is that written??

Thanks in advance.......

RK

You'll only hear it from the 'entitlement crowd'. Once you have a few generations repeating their mantra, the unionists have made it their belief.

It's quite similar to the elderly Democrats that think the current Democrat regime is the same as the FDR era. They aren't into politics enough to realize that WWII Democrat party left them a long time ago.

UB

road kill
02-27-2011, 06:15 PM
You're welcome.

The Railway Labor Act (1926) required employers to bargain collectively with unions.

In 1962, President Kennedy signed an executive order giving public-employee unions the right to collectively bargain with federal government agencies.[6]In 1976 Jimmy Carter took it away.,

The National Federation of Federal Employees (NFFE) is an American labor union which represents about 100,000 public employees in the federal government.

NFFE has about 200 local unions, most of them agency-wide bargaining units. Its members work primarily in the Department of Defense, the Forest Service, the Department of Veterans Affairs, the General Services Administration, the National Park Service, the Army Corps of Engineers, the Department of Housing and Urban Development, and the Passport Services division of the Bureau of Consular Affairs (Department of State).

This seems like a granted privilege, not a right.

BTW---Federal workers do NOT have the privilege to "collective bargain" for anything.

RK

M&K's Retrievers
02-27-2011, 06:52 PM
This seems like a granted privilege, not a right.

BTW---Federal workers do NOT have the privilege to "collective bargain" for anything.

RK

Stan, play nice with the good doctor.

dnf777
02-27-2011, 07:02 PM
Stan, play nice with the good doctor.

Stan and I are having a discussion. He asked for some info, and I offered it. I just learned that Carter repealed Kennedy's x-order. I just learned something. Its how adults discuss things. Notice, MK, I didn't attack Stan or call him names when he showed me to be wrong about that. We don't need your flotsam. I only respond to your childish jibberish in hopes you will learn something and participate in a meaningful manner some day.

Hey, I thought you said you were going to ignore me?? When is the start day?
I'm waiting!

Not holding my breath regards....

caryalsobrook
02-27-2011, 07:03 PM
You're welcome.

In 1962, President Kennedy signed an executive order giving public-employee unions the right to collectively bargain with federal government agencies.[6]

I believe that you would find out that they can bargian for PERSONEL ISSUES ONLY. They can not bargain for salary, pension, or even healthcare benefits. That law was passed by a democrat house and a democrat senate and signed into law by none other that Jimmy Carter. Far less bargaining right than the state employees would have even if Gov. Walker's excluding only healthcare benefits and pensions.
I posted that earlier on another thread but either noone noticed or they didn't want to comment on it. Maybe that is why President Obama has been so quiet lately about Wisconsin. He has federal employees working in the branch of the gov. that he has done nothing to bring their bargaining rights to the level of state employees. Think he might have a problem if he did?

road kill
02-27-2011, 07:07 PM
I believe that you would find out that they can bargian for PERSONEL ISSUES ONLY. They can not bargain for salary, pension, or even healthcare benefits. That law was passed by a democrat house and a democrat senate and signed into law by none other that Jimmy Carter. Far less bargaining right than the state employees would have even if Gov. Walker's excluding only healthcare benefits and pensions.
I posted that earlier on another thread but either noone noticed or they didn't want to comment on it. Maybe that is why President Obama has been so quiet lately about Wisconsin. He has federal employees working in the branch of the gov. that he has done nothing to bring their bargaining rights to the level of state employees. Think he might have a problem if he did?

Yeah, where his comfortable shoes at????;-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA9KC8SMu3o

RK

dnf777
02-27-2011, 07:11 PM

yes, yes, and yes.

I wonder how much the PATCO history is looming in their minds also. If I were a federal employee, I wouldn't make a ruckus in anyway that might result in a shutdown. Like the little bird who fell out of the nest and landed in a pile of cow dung..... (you HAVE heard that one, right?)