PDA

View Full Version : Midwest Boykin Spaniel Retriever Club

mattm337
03-02-2011, 08:32 AM
The Midwest Boykin Spaniel Retriever Club has been sanctioned under the Boykin Spaniel Society's Upland Test program. Our first club event will be Saturday, June 25, at either Phil & Karen Hinchman's Brandywine Creek Boykins (Greenfield, IN, just east of Indianapolis) or Glenns Valley Conservation Club (Martinsville, IN, south of Indy on the way to Bloomington), time TBA. The location will largely be determined by numbers and whether there is enough interest for a short (two bird max) upland practice, given that the temps will be a little on the warm side, in addition to the retriever work. There will be plenty of space for water work at either location. The event is open whether you have a Boykin or not. If you don't have one, Boykins would be available for you to handle so you may see what the breed is about. Setups will be available for more advanced dogs as well as those who have never run an HRC started test or a Boykin Spaniel Society upland event. While I recognize that the event is quite a ways away, I would appreciate it if you would let me know whether you might be able to attend, how many people would probably do so, and how many Boykins you would bring. This is not tying you down in any way, but so we may get an early estimate of how many birds would be needed. Costs will be kept low to cover birds and a small membership fee if you decide you're interested in joining the club. In the long term, we plan on hosting one BSS upland test each year along with a fun event or two.

Please let me know if you have any questions. For those of you who are members of the Boykin Spaniel Society, please keep an eye out for the blurb describing the club in the next edition of the Society's magazine.

Sincerely,

Matt Madej

mattm337
06-15-2011, 09:47 AM
All,

I've included a tentative schedule for the first get-together of the Midwest Boykin Spaniel Club. If anyone would like some hotel information, please let me know.

Saturday, June 25

9am-915 check in
915-1000 Introductions and overview of Boykin Spaniel Society and the club
10am-noon- Demonstrations of HRC water and land series for all levels and training for those who would like to
Noon-1pm lunch
1pm-3 Boykin Spaniel Society upland test demonstration and training
3pm-wrap up

If you plan on attending, regardless of whether you have a Boykin, please send me a pm or email to madejm@ukalumni.net.

Pals
06-15-2011, 12:20 PM
Where will the event be held?

mattm337
06-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Nancy,

It will be at Phil and Karen Hinchman's Brandywine Creek Boykins:
3839 S State Rd 9
Greenfield, IN 46140

Greenfield is a little ways east of Indianapolis and the Hinchmans' are a couple of miles south of there.

We'd love for you to stop by if you're interested.

Matt