PDA

View Full Version : "End of America" video

BrianW
03-08-2011, 08:15 AM
http://www.stansberryresearch.com/pro/1011PSIENDVD/OPSIM302/PR
I guess this has some various incarnations/links depending on the source of reference such as a talk radio show, e-mail promotion, ie www.endofamerica90.com (http://www.endofamerica90.com) or 12, 37 etc
But, outside of Porter Stansberry's self promotion for his firm's research reports/ subscription service, what do you think of the information presented in this "investment advisory"? Re: The REAL State of the U.S. Economy

Franco
03-08-2011, 09:51 AM
A very sobering and realistic evaluation of where our politicians have led us to.

What is Stanberry's, "World Most Valuable Asset in Times Of Crisis"?

They claim it is not gold or silver. Could it be bullets?

Goose
03-08-2011, 10:52 AM
A very sobering and realistic evaluation of where our politicians have led us to.

What is Stanberry's, "World Most Valuable Asset in Times Of Crisis"?

They claim it is not gold or silver. Could it be bullets?

Maybe silver bullets:) I figure each bullet's worth about $4. But you can't eat them! My guess would be a bag of rice or a bag of beans:)

Franco
03-08-2011, 11:01 AM
Maybe silver bullets:) I figure each bullet's worth about $4. But you can't eat them! My guess would be a bag of rice or a bag of beans:)

I already have a heavy duty tiller in case I have to grow my own food. But, it runs on gasoline. I guess I need to buy some Jerry-cans and stock up on gas!

BrianW
03-08-2011, 12:01 PM
And I thought Federal Premiums w/ Noslers for my .338 Win Mag were expensive! :shock:
My precious metal(s) of choice right now is stainless steel (in the configuration of a 1911 .45 ACP (and the appropriate copper, lead, & brass). ;)
Just a guess on the "crisis asset" but maybe the Bible or your faith book of choice (as not to discriminate) ?

Franco
03-08-2011, 12:09 PM
Just a guess on the "crisis asset" but maybe the Bible or your faith book of choice (as not to discriminate) ?

Book of choice for me would be a good History book from any era.

If anyone does find out what Stanberry's real, "World's Most Valuable Asset In Time of Crisis" is, I'd be curious to hear it.

charly_t
03-08-2011, 12:59 PM

If anyone does find out what Stanberry's real, "World's Most Valuable Asset In Time of Crisis" is, I'd be curious to hear it.

I don't know what Stanberry had in mind but my choice would be an unfailing source of clean water.

Goose
03-08-2011, 01:32 PM

It's farmland.

Uncle Bill
03-08-2011, 02:36 PM
It's farmland.

Promoted by no less a sage than Will Rogers, many moons ago. I remember him telling us back then:rolleyes:..."Probably better invest in land...far as I know, they aren't making any more of that."

UB

BrianW
03-08-2011, 02:41 PM
It's farmland.

Do you know this firsthand, or least reliable second hand?

A claim of "MVA" would, imo, be subject to the survival rule of 3's
He does mention Yugoslavia and the exit strategy, relatives in the country. But w/o a reliable souce of clean water that asset could be compromised in practical terms.
I'd think that one could also argue, a reliable supply of any required life/health sustaining medication or natural alternative.
But also, that without "hope", you can't really use anything else.

I'm kind of surprised there hasn't been an attack on his central premise of dollar devaluation.

M&K's Retrievers
03-08-2011, 02:52 PM
I already have a heavy duty tiller in case I have to grow my own food. But, it runs on gasoline. I guess I need to buy some Jerry-cans and stock up on gas!

Today's gas will turn to crap in a few years stored in cans.

Goose
03-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Do you know this firsthand, or least reliable second hand?

A claim of "MVA" would, imo, be subject to the survival rule of 3's
He does mention Yugoslavia and the exit strategy, relatives in the country. But w/o a reliable souce of clean water that asset could be compromised in practical terms.
I'd think that one could also argue, a reliable supply of any required life/health sustaining medication or natural alternative.
But also, that without "hope", you can't really use anything else.

I'm kind of surprised there hasn't been an attack on his central premise of dollar devaluation.

I know someone who subscribes to his service. He sent me the report. So we should all go out and buy some dirt and grow some soybeans:)

Uncle Bill
03-08-2011, 04:57 PM
I've subscribed to Stansberry and Sjuggerude off and on for a number of years. They provide some prescient advice, but I couldn't stay with their investments. Took too much 'watching', and at the time I didn't have enough $$$ OR time to stay on top of it.

Another of that Bill Bonner (Daily Reckoning, Agora of Baltimore) group I always enjoyed, just for his intelligence, was James Dale Davidson. I was one of his charter members in Carpathia, but again, didn't keep it up.

Another of that family of gurus was Doug Casey, who was my favorite 'gold bug' with incredible knowledge of the mining industry. He fell outa favor, however, when he got hoodwinked by a batch of corrupt thugs that convinced many to invest millions into a 'dry' hole.

FWIW, Brian, at your age you should get Stansberry's monthly "True Wealth" newsletter. Not very costly...I think $49.50/year...has lots of investment info, and world market news without the heavy stuff of an Investors Daily, or the WSJ.

If you do, let me know what you think.

UB

charly_t
03-08-2011, 07:31 PM
Promoted by no less a sage than Will Rogers, many moons ago. I remember him telling us back then:rolleyes:..."Probably better invest in land...far as I know, they aren't making any more of that."

UB

Just make sure you buy it where you can get the mineral rights with it. They tell me that in some areas this is getting very difficult to do. Of course the mineral rights have never been for sale in Osage county OK..........sure ruins good ground when you get oil and/or salt water on it. Now if I could just convince my husband to attend some of the land auctions here in OK ( not Osage county OK though :-).

JDogger
03-08-2011, 10:47 PM
Brian,

A week ago, you were twitting about a sharia rally, (didn't happen). Now you're tweeting about the end of America....
I'm gonna call BS on you, and your apocalyptic (sp) posts.
Shut down yer computer. Take a week off. You'll be better off for it.

Trust me regards, JD

Pet the dogs, giv'em a cookie...it'll be OK.

road kill
03-09-2011, 05:53 AM
Brian,

A week ago, you were twitting about a sharia rally, (didn't happen). Now you're tweeting about the end of America....
Trust me regards, JD

Speaking from experience??

RK

Franco
03-09-2011, 06:27 AM
Today's gas will turn to crap in a few years stored in cans.

I don't buy the crappy government gas, I buy pure gas with no ethanol. Pure gas stores like the gasoline of yesterday;-)

M&K's Retrievers
03-09-2011, 07:51 AM
I don't buy the crappy government gas, I buy pure gas with no ethanol. Pure gas stores like the gasoline of yesterday;-)

Tell that to my chain saw, generator, boat etc. that is stored with fuel (non ethanol) in it. :(

Franco
03-09-2011, 08:19 AM
Tell that to my chain saw, generator, boat etc. that is stored with fuel (non ethanol) in it. :(

Try some Seafoam or Stabil in your gas.

I don't use my ATV from March through September and the only problem is when the battery goes dead.

Same with my pressure washer, 4 cycle lawn tools and riding mower.

BrianW
03-09-2011, 08:38 AM
Brian,

Trust me regards, JD

Appreciate your concern for the dogs & I, if you could see Magnum, you'd know he doesn't need any more cookies. :)
We just need it to stop snowing, so we can get back outside and take care of business. Hallway fetch is getting old.

As far as "it'll be ok", apparently Carl Icahn (and others) has some concerns about that as well. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110308/ap_on_bi_ge/us_icahn_investors "said he was concerned about the economic outlook and political tensions in the Middle East". So I wish I shared your optimism.

A lot of people that are better educated & more informed than I am (don't know about you) about the top level workings of our fragile society have serious misgivings about the sustainability of the status quo. This combined with the messages that media puts out there from the policymakers on a regular basis that are incongruent with the reality of living at ground level instead of their ivory towers, should give one reason for pause and reflection, imo. Ie:

Gross Says Inflation Matters More Than Fed Indicates
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-03-04/gross-says-inflation-matters-more-for-u-s-economy-than-bernanke-indicates.html

Bill Gross, who runs the world’s biggest bond fund at Pacific Investment Management Co., said gains in so-called headline inflation matter more for the U.S. economy than Federal Reserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke suggests.

Surges in oil and other commodity prices probably won’t cause a permanent increase in broader inflation and borrowing costs are likely to stay low, Bernanke said March 1 in his semi- annual monetary policy testimony before Congress.

“Bernanke tends to think this doesn’t matter -- at least in terms of headline versus the core -- we do,” Gross said. “

If you think "it'll be ok" for Ben, Tim and rest of the "gurus" in DC to get our country out of the situation that they have helped put us into, good for you.

M&K's Retrievers
03-09-2011, 09:15 AM
Try some Seafoam or Stabil in your gas.

I don't use my ATV from March through September and the only problem is when the battery goes dead.

Same with my pressure washer, 4 cycle lawn tools and riding mower.

I use Stabil. My point is you shouldn't have to.:(

sinner
03-09-2011, 01:43 PM
just a little bit on this guy:
Frank Porter Stansberry, resides in Baltimore, Maryland. He is the editor of two of Agora's Internet financial newsletters: Porter Stansberry's Investment Advisory and PirateInvestor.com. Stansberry's compensation is based in part, on a percentage of the revenues realized by those on-line publications

Nov 2007 - U. S. JUDGE FINES AGORA SUBSIDIARY AND EDITOR $1.5 M FOR SECURITIES FRAUD
An investment newsletter's publisher and its editor have been hit with $1.5 million in financial penalties after a U. S. federal judge determined they defrauded their own subscribers in a securities scam.

In its complaint, the SEC describes Agora as a Maryland corporation that publishes "books, magazines, newsletters and operates at least 15 financial web sites in the United States and Europe. Agora's publications include The Cutting Edge, Penny Stock Advisory, The Red Zone, Taipan, Rogue Trader, The Flying V Lockup Trader, CSX Trader, Fleet Street Letter, Options Hotline, Outstanding Investments, Richebacher Letter, Daily Reckoning Investment Advisory, Carpathia Letter, Strategic Opportunities, Jim Davidson's Vantage Point Investing, and the Contrarian Speculator. Agora publications have well over 21,500 paid subscribers."

In 2007, Stansberry and Pirate Investor LLC (renamed Stansberry & Ass. Investment Research LLC in 2005,) but not Agora, Inc., were convicted of stock fraud by the United States District Court for the District of Maryland, (Civil Action No. MJG-03-1042; filed 08/03/2007).

Publisher and company appealed the sentence as a First Amendment issue, but judgment, maximum fines, and injunctions levied by the Circuit Court were upheld by the United States Court of Appeals for the 4th District in 2009. The defendants' appeal against the Appellate Court's judgment was not accepted by the U.S. Supreme Court in June 2010.

In fairness, it must be noted that in this case, no pump & dump, undisclosed ownership of stocks and options, or direct gain from the buying or selling of the respective securities ever was at issue. Stansberry still insists: "I had no incentive to lie, I gave my source a complete copy of my report, and the deal I was predicting did in fact materialize three weeks later, which helped the stock to nearly triple over the next three years. Knowing these facts makes it difficult to accept the government's case. As a fan of the newsletter industry, I'm surprised you're not more critical of the government's case and its attempts to regulate disinterested speech about securities."

(For the sake of balance, let us include Appellate Court's footnote 8 on that claim: "In the proceedings before the district court, Stansberry adhered to his claim that W. did, in fact, suggest that approval of the pricing agreement would be announced on May 22. The district court found, however, that W. made no such statements. Stansberry and Pirate do not challenge this particular factual finding on appeal.")

Overall, we hold that this case is too complex to be easily shoe boxed one way or the other. We recommend that readers interested in an accurate summation of the issues underlying this case carefully study both court documents before arriving at a conclusion. Green Laser Reviews provides direct links to them both above and below.

A good write-up of the Stansberry newsletter business can be found at http://greenlaserreviews.com/2010/12/03/stansberry-review/

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Who_is_Porter_Stansberry#ixzz1G8HChlzw

BrianW
03-09-2011, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the background info, sinner.

Interesting to note though, that similar to the cited case, in this particular circumstance, except for his report subscription, Porter stands to make no direct profit from this 'video', that I can see.
Also, if the advertising coverage in the rest of the country is anything like what I'm hearing around here, quite a bit of money has gone out from S & A. It seems that they'd have to double the curent subscription base just to make money back, though I'm sure his investments in precious metals etc are appreciating due to the overall run up as are others.
But actions by the IMF and foreign countries since this was originally put out do seem to corroborate the essentials of his assertions. Guess we'll all find out, in time, if his predictions are correct or not.

PS; maybe I should ask Chris if I can change my user name to "Apocalyto" or soemthing similar? ;)

Franco
03-09-2011, 03:04 PM
Stansberry is right on about the dollar. It is total madness to continue to print more money and not think that it will devalue the dollar.

And, there have been stories in the world press regarding the move away from the dollar in pricing oil. If oil prices move away from the dollar and our cost doubles or triples because the world market doesn't respect our currency, the results would be devastating.

road kill
03-09-2011, 03:13 PM
Stansberry is right on about the dollar. It is total madness to continue to print more money and not think that it will devalue the dollar.

And, there have been stories in the world press regarding the move away from the dollar in pricing oil. If oil prices move away from the dollar and our cost doubles or triples because the world market doesn't respect our currency, the results would be devastating.

That is exactly the plan.

RK

Goose
03-09-2011, 04:13 PM
The Ber-Nank has looked nervous the last few times I've seen him on television. All keynesians are arrogant but I think Ben's finally realizing he's screwed things up. He won't admit it but it shows. His printing policies have trapped us and it's only a matter of time now.

Hopefully, when this is over and the ChiCom's come to take possession they'll at least allow us a tribunal to deal with the politicians, keynesians, wall street banksters and individuals like Greenspan and the Ber-Nank. I can think of some delightful ways to punish these turds.

We live in Cuba now.

BrianW
03-11-2011, 08:25 AM
PIMCO Total Return dumps U.S. government-related debt

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/03/09/us-pimco-debt-idUSTRE7285M020110309

The world's largest bond fund has gone ultra bearish on the United States,
dumping all of its U.S. government-related debt holdings.

The move by Bill Gross's $236.9 billion PIMCO Total Return fund completed last month comes in the wake of a vicious Treasury market sell-off and just days after he questioned who will buy Treasuries once the Federal Reserve halts its latest round of bond purchases in June.
Gross, who also helps oversee a $1.1 trillion investment portfolio as PIMCO's co-chief investment officer, has repeatedly warned against U.S. deficit spending and its inflationary impact, which undermine the value of government debt and push up yields as investors demand more compensation for risk.

I guess Porter isn't the only "apocalyptic" out there. :confused:

Stansberry CS
03-15-2012, 09:03 AM
If you have any questions about Stansberry and Associates, please do not hesitate to call customer service at 1-888-261-2693. We would be happy to assist you. We are open Monday – Friday 9-5 EST.

menmon
03-15-2012, 02:05 PM
PIMCO Total Return dumps U.S. government-related debt

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/03/09/us-pimco-debt-idUSTRE7285M020110309

The world's largest bond fund has gone ultra bearish on the United States,
dumping all of its U.S. government-related debt holdings.

The move by Bill Gross's $236.9 billion PIMCO Total Return fund completed last month comes in the wake of a vicious Treasury market sell-off and just days after he questioned who will buy Treasuries once the Federal Reserve halts its latest round of bond purchases in June.
Gross, who also helps oversee a $1.1 trillion investment portfolio as PIMCO's co-chief investment officer, has repeatedly warned against U.S. deficit spending and its inflationary impact, which undermine the value of government debt and push up yields as investors demand more compensation for risk.

I guess Porter isn't the only "apocalyptic" out there. :confused:

PIMCO does not want to hold US Treasuries because there is no money in them. When you can by a 5 year note with a 1.5% coupon, things can't be that bad. Remember smart people buy these things.

This guy is a flake....:(