PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City HRC hunt test

crp66
03-08-2011, 06:30 PM
The Kansas City Hunting Retriever Club will be hosting an HRC hunt test at Smithville Lake on May 21 and 22. The hunt test headquarters will be located at the Trimble Community Building in Trimble MO. The premium is posted on huntsecretary.com and we hope to see a lot of people there. If you've never been to our banquet and you plan on coming, bring lots of money...we put on a really good raffle/banquet. Hope to see you there!

firehouselabs
04-09-2011, 09:06 PM
Things are shaping up for this years test. Looking to be a nice one!

Peter G Lippert
04-09-2011, 09:27 PM
Ahhh, I'm jealous. I will be leaving for Houston on the 20th.

winger
04-10-2011, 02:17 PM
Can't wait. Got to watch a test there last year. It was a good time

crp66
04-11-2011, 08:20 PM
Winter,
I hope you get to run this year. It's even more fun than watching.

crp66
05-05-2011, 06:25 PM
We are also selling raffle tickets for a Drake waterfowl clothing package. The winner gets to pick their size and camo pattern (Max 4, Duckblind or Bottomland) and they will be shipped from Drake. Go to kchrc.com for details. Need not be present to win. Good luck to all who enter.

kdeckels
05-05-2011, 09:19 PM
Plan on being there if I don't chicken out. Are the photos on your HRC website similar to the area & terrain I could expect?

crp66
05-05-2011, 10:32 PM
Yes. Actually, quite a few of those photos are in the exact spots we will be hosting the test. The area is around Smithville Lake near Trimble MO.

crp66
05-05-2011, 10:41 PM
I've also heard the raffle details are difficult to find. On the kchrc web page go to calendar of events and then the club announcements page. Hope this helps.

crp66
05-09-2011, 10:55 PM
Don't confuse KCHRC with KCRC. KCHRC is still hosting our UKC HRC test at Smithville on May 21 & 22. Come join the fun! It will be a great test and banquet. You can sign up on huntsecretary.com

kdeckels
05-10-2011, 09:29 PM
Don't confuse KCHRC with KCRC. KCHRC is still hosting our UKC HRC test at Smithville on May 21 & 22. Come join the fun! It will be a great test and banquet. You can sign up on huntsecretary.com

Thanks, I was confused. I thought maybe it was just a mistype. Have a daughter graduating from JCCC, so we were headed to KC anyway.

crp66
05-11-2011, 01:31 PM
Hope to see you there. I'll be the guy running around like a chicken with it's head cut off!

winger
05-11-2011, 09:42 PM
hopefully be a title weekend for my pup. unfortunately will be missing the banquet due to family obligations but do get to run both days.:D

firehouselabs
05-11-2011, 10:05 PM
Bring the family! That way there won't be any obligations! Having a youth handler event right after Started is finished on Saturday, all the kids will be getting their very own duck call and it will most likely be water marks, so there is that off chance of "falling in" on purpose!

winger
05-11-2011, 10:48 PM
the family will be there. unfortunately the wife blackmailed me into taking her out on saturday night to some brazillion steak house place. only way she would go. i think i would spend less at the banquet. tell me more about the youth handler event.

i_willie12
05-12-2011, 09:25 AM
the family will be there. unfortunately the wife blackmailed me into taking her out on saturday night to some brazillion steak house place. only way she would go. i think i would spend less at the banquet. tell me more about the youth handler event.

Ha She finally pulled that card:p Youve been running all spring now she laid down the hammer!!! BRAZILLION STEAK what the heck your going to be in KC with great AMERICAN BBQ:rolleyes:

firehouselabs
05-12-2011, 01:02 PM
The kids handle any dog, can be a HRCH or a young pup, doesn't matter because we can have the bird boys throw either a kerplunker right in front of the pup or a reg. Started mark. The dogs do two single retrieves, just like a Started test. The judges and the gunner will be there, as can the parent, to help. No pressure, all fun, and they all "pass". Ribbons handed out at banquet (can send them to you or hold them until Sunday if you are running then) and their group picture is taken and sent in to the HRC magazine. The youngest that has run was a 2 yr old last year, the oldest is generally around 14 or so, but really, anyone can run it. The cost is $10 per dog. If the kid's dog does not complete the retrieve, or if they don't have a dog to run, club members often "loan" out their dogs. My 7 yr old has been running them since he was 3 yrs old.

winger
05-12-2011, 05:16 PM
That is awesome. Will definately be signing the 3 year old up for that. He got to run our test marshalls dog last weekend and he was on cloud 9. This might be enough to let the italian bride with attitude to let us hit the banquet instead of the steakehouse.

Nathan, i know, right. She jus doesn't appreciate the fact that i let her go along on these little jaunts:D