PDA

View Full Version : Black Hole

Matt Weberpal
03-11-2011, 12:30 PM
I hate to say it but POTUS has become a black hole for me. It brings out the worst in me, I've told myself before that I shouldn't discuss politics with people because it always ends up personal. Either I look bad or I think someone else does. That's not at all what I want out of my RTF experience. I've deleted most of my post and look forward to discussing dog training with any of you as I have alot to gain from that. Enjoy your passionate discussion over here, I'll be back on the bright side if you're looking for me :D

Uncle Bill
03-11-2011, 01:35 PM
I hate to say it but POTUS has become a black hole for me. It brings out the worst in me, I've told myself before that I shouldn't discuss politics with people because it always ends up personal. Either I look bad or I think someone else does. That's not at all what I want out of my RTF experience. I've deleted most of my post and look forward to discussing dog training with any of you as I have alot to gain from that. Enjoy your passionate discussion over here, I'll be back on the bright side if you're looking for me :D

Good luck to you, Matt. Your Democrat legislators have taught you well. Just a suggestion as you cut and run, is there any possibility that the conservatives might have a point? Ever consider that your unending support of the union just might be misplaced? Are you so proud of how this fiasco was handled by your side, that you too are willing to fall on the sword for these thugs?

Why are you so frightened that your talents and abilities aren't adequate enough to stand on your own laurels? Don't you ever wonder how those teachers not in a union maintain their jobs? They don't have a batch of high paid thugs determining what your value is, so you can get your neighbor to ante up more tax money, while your "dues" to the thugs keep you in a crowd determined by the lowest denominator.

You should look into your brethern in New York. That mayor can't fire the 'rubber room' group that aren't allowed to teach because they are so inept, so he has to fire the talented teachers that are in the classrooms. Does that form of unionization make you proud of that organization? It would infuriate me to be lumped in with a batch of idiots that shouldn't have been given a 'sheepskin' in the first place...especially since they are only in that profession for the free ride...with damned little concern for the kids they are supposed to be responsible for.

Of course you can walk away from the bombardment of criticism, but I hope you take what's happened here as a view you might ponder.

UB

dnf777
03-11-2011, 02:06 PM
I didn't read it, but I'd bet UB just solidified weberpal's sentiments!

Just a hunch. Maybe I should peek and see if I'm right.....

road kill
03-11-2011, 02:21 PM
I didn't read it, but I'd bet UB just solidified weberpal's sentiments!

Just a hunch. Maybe I should peek and see if I'm right.....

"I'll give you that you are consistent.

Post after post crying out for attention, laced with personal insults and concocted anecdotes and the propensity for the over use of personal pro-nouns.

By a poster that doesn't have the kahones to walk to the line................"

RK:D

dnf777
03-11-2011, 02:28 PM
Good luck to you, Matt. Your Democrat legislators have taught you well. Just a suggestion as you cut and run, is there any possibility that the conservatives might have a point? Ever consider that your unending support of the union just might be misplaced? Are you so proud of how this fiasco was handled by your side, that you too are willing to fall on the sword for these thugs?

Why are you so frightened that your talents and abilities aren't adequate enough to stand on your own laurels? Don't you ever wonder how those teachers not in a union maintain their jobs? They don't have a batch of high paid thugs determining what your value is, so you can get your neighbor to ante up more tax money, while your "dues" to the thugs keep you in a crowd determined by the lowest denominator.

You should look into your brethern in New York. That mayor can't fire the 'rubber room' group that aren't allowed to teach because they are so inept, so he has to fire the talented teachers that are in the classrooms. Does that form of unionization make you proud of that organization? It would infuriate me to be lumped in with a batch of idiots that shouldn't have been given a 'sheepskin' in the first place...especially since they are only in that profession for the free ride...with damned little concern for the kids they are supposed to be responsible for.

Of course you can walk away from the bombardment of criticism, but I hope you take what's happened here as a view you might ponder.

UB

Whew! Carpal tunnel after that!

Hey Stan, at least I comment on my opinions, and don't tell everyone what YOU should think! How many pronouns was THAT??

You make-a me laugh!~

road kill
03-11-2011, 02:32 PM

Hey Stan, at least I comment on my opinions, and don't tell everyone what YOU should think! How many pronouns was THAT??

You make-a me laugh!~

How original, your own idea??:rolleyes:

RK

dnf777
03-11-2011, 02:50 PM
How original, your own idea??:rolleyes:

RK

No. I borrowed it from you. Kinda came back and bit ya in yer own arse, didn't it?

Here's something else I lernt from ya......the Hilary cackle:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Here's one from sandy:

Now GET OFF MY INTERNET!!

Wow. I can be a total horses patoot just by using borrowed phrases from you guys!

ah, this is fun. Have a great weekend guys....don't take any of this personal.

road kill
03-11-2011, 02:52 PM
No. I borrowed it from you. Kinda came back and bit ya in yer own arse, didn't it?

Here's something else I lernt from ya......the Hilary cackle:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Here's one from sandy:

Now GET OFF MY INTERNET!!

Wow. I can be a total horses patoot just by using borrowed phrases from you guys!
ah, this is fun. Have a great weekend guys....don't take any of this personal.

Trust me, you do not need help from us, ask anyone!!:D

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

"I'll give you that you are consistent.

Post after post crying out for attention, laced with personal insults and concocted anecdotes and the propensity for the over use of personal pro-nouns.

By a poster that doesn't have the kahones to walk to the line................"

RK

Cody Covey
03-11-2011, 03:03 PM
I wish he wouldn't comment on any opinions, especially his own. I think weberpal has it right. One person on this forum is so annoying that I'm about to leave also. His average post count is 9 per day, 5800 in a year and a half. How many do you think were worth reading? How many do you think were worth quoting?

If we took a poll my bet is no one on here would come to his defense. Yet he can't take a hint and leave. He's an insult to doctors everywhere, that's for sure. Because of him I'll never look at the medical profession the same way again.

And you say he makes everything personal...

"coming to his defense" from the other side...regards...

luvmylabs23139
03-11-2011, 03:04 PM
If people leave because of one a-hole that person will win. Don't leave and let that person gain control. Just put him on ignore.

road kill
03-11-2011, 03:06 PM

Hey weberpal, are you a WI state Senator??

(OK, I am kidding Matt......):D

RK

ErinsEdge
03-11-2011, 03:23 PM

You make-a me laugh!~
I thought you left and weren't coming back, but then you post so much I wonder why you aren't that busy being a Doctor.

dnf777
03-11-2011, 04:49 PM
I thought you left and weren't coming back, but then you post so much I wonder why you aren't that busy being a Doctor.

No way! This is too much fun.

Actually, its good practice for when an occasional irrational and unruly patient becomes difficult. I'm learning to just smile, and say, "have a nice day."

Have a nice day,

Dave

Chris Atkinson
03-11-2011, 04:59 PM
This is my first read on POTUS in probably three weeks.

For some reason the term "Black Hole" drew my attention.

I have no idea what he's been through and I don't have time to research it. But if I were him, I'd have all the validation that not wasting valuable time and energy posting in threads like this is wise.

UB...I don't get it. He says he's done discussing politics and is going to talk dogs and you blasted him.

DNF, it bums me out that you think personal attacks regarding the POTUS board is "fun".

If you guys want to keep stomping each other's toes in the mosh pit have at it. The POTUS theme is "be civil or be banned". I really don't want to play cop over here.

Please be respectful of each other.

Thanks, Chris

dnf777
03-11-2011, 05:20 PM
Chris,
I say "fun" in the sense I think we're all playing a game here. I try to sign off with a friendly tag, and not call names or personal insults. When someone wondered about my being busy as a doctor (whatever that has to do with POTUS??) instead of counterattacking, I just said it was "too much fun", as a way of letting it roll off into the bilge. But I much more enjoy exchanging ideas with Hew, Bon or Franco, and learning something along the way.

Despite the nonsense, there is a great group of guys and gals here, who exchange ideas and topics, sometimes spirited, but I've learned much from this group, and want to see it thrive. That's why I've made a concentrated effort to not take insults personally, laugh at them, and respond without personal attack or name calling.

TGIF,
dave

Marvin S
03-11-2011, 06:21 PM

This is a fairly tough crowd, with emphasis on fair. The folks, some of whom I know personally, are generous in sharing their knowledge. With your limited background you could benefit from exchanges with those here, recognizing that while you are maybe smart the level of real world experience on this board is beyond a student's comprehension. If you only exchange with those with similar views you will go through life missing some of the best stuff ;).

If your goal in life is to be like some of the lefties on this forum, keep limiting yourself & you will reach it :-P.

M&K's Retrievers
03-11-2011, 10:15 PM
....... Because of him I'll never look at the medical profession the same way again.

Man, you can't lump all arse doctors into one group just because one is an arse.

ducknwork
03-12-2011, 10:38 PM
Well, I am glad to see that nothing has changed in my absence.:rolleyes:

Kinda pathetic, actually.