PDA

View Full Version : Evan Graham "Basics" Training seminar (MN)

Darin Westphal
03-15-2011, 01:35 PM
for those interested, Four Points Retriever Club is hosting Evan Graham for a second straight year. His 2 day seminar last year drew rave reviews and this one is close to being full. If your interested please see the information below (if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask):

Four Points Retriever Club
Will be hosting a 2 day
Basics Smartwork Seminar
With Evan Graham
http://www.rushcreekpress.com/

To be held on the grounds of TNT Labs- Troy and Niki Tilleraas in Hastings MN

April 15-16, 2011
Register early as space is limited to 40 participants

Registration material can be found here: http://www.fourpointsrc.org

Registration Fees:
Observer - $85
Participant/Handler - $125

**Limited participant/handler spots available**
Lunches and beverages will be provided both days

Contact: Event Chairs- Darin Westphal (darinwestphal@gmail.com) and Troy Tilleraas (tntlabs@centurylink.net)

Brief Definitions of the Basics Retriever Training Seminar Format

Basics:

Basics are a standard course of fundamental skills. Upon these building blocks are built all of the more advanced skills. They include:
1. Formalizing fundamental obedience: Heel, Sit, Here, Kennel, etc.
2. Force Fetch; the full course from Hold through Force-to-pile
3. Basic Handling; 3-handed casting, mini-T, Single T & Double T
4. Water Force & Swim-by

Due to time constraints, we feel it is important to present as much fresh information to the group as possible. It is Evans desire to provide components of the SmartWork system that make it unique, while giving attending members of the group something of value to take home and use that they did not have in their tool kit before.
“This is not a train the dog day. It's a train the trainer day. With that in mind, I have no idea which attendee’s dogs will actually work, or to what extent. But, because of the nature of this event, we will do our best to involve as many dogs as are instructive to the group as a whole; no more, no less.
Our goal in any seminar is that all of those who attend will be substantially better trainers Saturday afternoon than they were Friday morning. I believe that is how I can be of most value in our time together.” –Evan Graham

**All SmartWork material will also be available for purchase both days directly from Evan.

lizard55033
03-15-2011, 06:28 PM
Yippy I might be able to go this year!

Darin Westphal
03-16-2011, 02:25 PM
There's still some spots Troy so if your interested let me know or you can download the info from the club website. His seminar last year was awesome and I suspect this year won't be any different.

Darin Westphal
03-28-2011, 01:13 PM
Last call....entries close April 1. Might be one more handler spot open and only a handful of observers so please sign up if your interested!!

any questions please let me know