PDA

View Full Version : drug test

pat addis
03-20-2011, 08:05 AM
my son works a a medium size grocery chain in the midwest they just hired 30 people they have a drug test that they told every one about. 27 failed it. 2 got fired the first day one beat up his girl friend before going to work and was in jail.the 2nd one drove a stolen car to work and the cops arrested him there. how in the world can this country survive like this.i'll bet there are all kinds of excuses from some on here about it wasn't their fault. bad schools etc. but i'm tired of this it's time for people to take blame

road kill
03-20-2011, 08:16 AM
my son works a a medium size grocery chain in the midwest they just hired 30 people they have a drug test that they told every one about. 27 failed it. 2 got fired the first day one beat up his girl friend before going to work and was in jail.the 2nd one drove a stolen car to work and the cops arrested him there. how in the world can this country survive like this.i'll bet there are all kinds of excuses from some on here about it wasn't their fault. bad schools etc. but i'm tired of this it's time for people to take blame

There are a few here that would struggle to pass a drug test........:rolleyes:

I say without any doubt in my mind.
There is a conspiracy..........the oldest known to man.

Look, it's as clear as day.

RK

dnf777
03-20-2011, 08:25 AM

Same thing here. Joy Mining Co. wanted 12 entry positions. This could lead to a relatively safe, good-paying job with benefits...something many in this town could use. By the time the 6th-grade level entry exam and drug testing was complete, they had TWO qualified applicants. Of the two, one didn't show up his first day.

So out of 12 good opportunities, only ONE person here was willing and able to work. We can blame DC and politicians for our woes all we want, but when unemployment is at 10% and only 1/12 of offered jobs gets filled......

Good night Gladys!

BonMallari
03-20-2011, 09:28 AM
many restaurants in Calif have quit using drug tests for hiring because very few can pass them, because of the nature of the test many have flunked it due to the use of OTC drugs like Sudafed...not sure what is worse using drug tests to screen applicants or using TRW credit ratings as one infamous hotel chain does here in Vegas...ironically I got my job with Morton's because I was one of two that COULD pass the test

luvmylabs23139
03-20-2011, 11:53 AM
many restaurants in Calif have quit using drug tests for hiring because very few can pass them, because of the nature of the test many have flunked it due to the use of OTC drugs like Sudafed...not sure what is worse using drug tests to screen applicants or using TRW credit ratings as one infamous hotel chain does here in Vegas...ironically I got my job with Morton's because I was one of two that COULD pass the test

While I personally believe that 99.99999999999% of people that fail drug tests do through nothing but their own illegal activities I do know of a case in which while the person did technically commit illegal consumption of a controled substance, there was no drug abuse involved.
The person invloved (in their 50's) simply took some RX cough medicine given to his wife when he caught the crap going around. bad timing for him as it was during a buyout and everyone had to take a drug test for the aquiring company. She had some leffover and he took it and failed the drug test because it contained codiene and that is a controled substance.

Buzz
03-21-2011, 04:27 PM
Party on dudes!

limiman12
03-22-2011, 01:47 AM
bon....

you mentioned not liking credti scores used by employers....

I for one think it is a pretty reasonable way to find out if someone is responsible. I see your credit score as the GPA of adulthood. Sure somepeople might get caught with abad credit score due to factors beyond their control, just like the drug tests might catch a few folks that took their wifes prescription for a cold, but you can be poor and have good credit, you just can't be irresponsible. If I am looking for employees, I want to have people that have proven that they cn take care of their own lives/finances if they are going to have any impact on mine.

dnf777
03-22-2011, 05:54 AM
Maybe we should have political candidates reveal their credit ratings!!

WRL
03-22-2011, 09:32 AM
While I personally believe that 99.99999999999% of people that fail drug tests do through nothing but their own illegal activities I do know of a case in which while the person did technically commit illegal consumption of a controled substance, there was no drug abuse involved.
The person invloved (in their 50's) simply took some RX cough medicine given to his wife when he caught the crap going around. bad timing for him as it was during a buyout and everyone had to take a drug test for the aquiring company. She had some leffover and he took it and failed the drug test because it contained codiene and that is a controled substance.

If its not your prescription, don't take it. Its ILLEGAL.

No sympathy here. Sorry.

Go to the Dr and get your own.

WRL

M&K's Retrievers
03-22-2011, 09:46 AM

WRL

Yeah, like no one ever does this.

road kill
03-22-2011, 09:47 AM
Maybe we should have political candidates reveal their credit ratings!!

.....or pass drug tests!!!!:D

RK

dnf777
03-22-2011, 10:02 AM

No sympathy here. Sorry.

Go to the Dr and get your own.

WRL

Even at that, I would avoid drug testing if at all possible.
I was on LEGAL prescription Robitussin-Cod while in the army. We had a piss-test (sorry, that's what's it was called) where a big hairy SGT literally watches you fill a container!

I brought my bottle with my name, prescription, etc with me, it was duly noted on my accession form.........

And I still got a nasty letter from the post commander to report immediately to drug-abuse counselling for my first offense!!!!!!!

For someone who was applying for a DEA license to practice medicine at the time, needless to say this was a HUGE PITA that took many hoops being jumped through to un-do the damage.

Hot piss tests are like a loaded gun. Real easy to pull the trigger, but hard as hell to get that bullet back!

WRL
03-23-2011, 12:19 AM
Yeah, like no one ever does this.

So the difference between doing meth or your spouses prescription pills are what?

Both are illegal. Get caught doing the crime, do the time.

WRL

M&K's Retrievers
03-23-2011, 12:42 AM
So the difference between doing meth or your spouses prescription pills are what?

WRL

Lighten up! I think that Meth and my wife's cough medicine are different. Also, that cough medicine is illegal to sell me without a script but I'm not sure it's illegal for my spouse to give it to me. You have obviously never had a Gout attack and had to beg your friends for the cure all.

Community property regards,

krockhold
03-23-2011, 01:20 AM
At my pharmacy cough syrup with codiene is available over the counter at the pharmacists discretion. So seeing how its legal to buy without a doc's orders, not sure how it would be dealt with on a drug screen.

dnf777
03-23-2011, 06:02 AM
Lighten up! I think that Meth and my wife's cough medicine are different. Also, that cough medicine is illegal to sell me without a script but I'm not sure it's illegal for my spouse to give it to me. You have obviously never had a Gout attack and had to beg your friends for the cure all.

Community property regards,

Its called "diversion", and is highly illegal. There is an entire branch of the DOJ dedicated to that exact practice.

http://www.goodmedicinebadbehavior.org/

FYI

Hew
03-23-2011, 08:35 AM
I see your credit score as the GPA of adulthood.
LOL. That's awesome.

I used to work in a business where we ran credit checks on our customers. Anecdotally, I observed that a disproportionate amount of people who had bad credit were also obese.

luvmylabs23139
03-23-2011, 08:51 AM
At my pharmacy cough syrup with codiene is available over the counter at the pharmacists discretion. So seeing how its legal to buy without a doc's orders, not sure how it would be dealt with on a drug screen.

Seriously? How does one go about requesting this? I'm only asking because it really annoys me when I have to waste time and a copay to get cough meds that actually work. The regular stuff does nothing.

luvmylabs23139
03-23-2011, 08:56 AM

WRLacks
Really,
So it is Sat night and you can't get any sleep due to a cough from a cold and the over the counter stuff is crap. Let's see take some liquid gold that is in the house or get zero sleep and trigger ashsma attacks.
Personally I would take the liquid gold.

Ken Bora
03-23-2011, 09:00 AM

WRL

According to the kids we have at the dish sink.
The meth is smoked and the subscription pills are crushed and snorted.
But some of the pills you can smoke as well, or you can always shoot up…..

Helpin’ out in the worstest way regards ;-)

luvmylabs23139
03-23-2011, 09:23 AM

Both are illegal. Get caught doing the crime, do the time.WRL

Here's the flip side of this and maybe this will help understand why I find all of this stupid.
Had an employee, different company, who gave his notice for other employment. As a company and as the HR/ payroll manager this resignation letter was a good thing since the employee was on the verge of termination anyway. Said employee was a minority and even in a right to work state you know that a legit firing may result in a lawsuit.
So, turns out that said employee gave his notice based on a letter of employment that was contigent upon passing a drug test.
Said employee failed the drug test, no suprise. Person then filed for unemployment.
As the last employer we got the unemployment claim notice which I fought.
Guess what. While I won the unemployment claim from a company standpoint, the jerk got to collect.
The company won hands down against being charged for the claim and having it impact the corporate rate. However the jerk was allowed to collect unemployment benefits.

WRL
03-23-2011, 07:20 PM
acks
Really,
So it is Sat night and you can't get any sleep due to a cough from a cold and the over the counter stuff is crap. Let's see take some liquid gold that is in the house or get zero sleep and trigger ashsma attacks.
Personally I would take the liquid gold.

Hey, I sympathize with being sick. BUT, its not your prescription. Can you take it? Yeah. But if you have to pass the pee test and can't because you took something that was NOT prescribed to you, don't whine and cry about it. Its illegal.

I just dumped my son's oxycodone down the sink. I COULD have used it with the present condition of my arm. But I didn't. Its not my prescription and if I hurt enough to need it, I best be shuffling into the DR.

WRL

krockhold
03-23-2011, 07:52 PM
Seriously? How does one go about requesting this? I'm only asking because it really annoys me when I have to waste time and a copay to get cough meds that actually work. The regular stuff does nothing.

Its kept back on the perscription shelf with the other Rx drugs but it is available without the Rx. Cheratussin is what it is called. Not sure how all pharmacies deal with it. I go to an independant, locally owned pharmacy. The chain pharmacies may have differant rules they have to follow.

dnf777
03-23-2011, 07:56 PM
I asked a RiteAid pharmacist about that one time, and they could not sell it, although yes, it is legal.

Call me paranoid, but the way drug laws and perceptions are today, I would just as soon have a script to back me up if I ever got tested. My wife and I are both physicians, but when it comes to narcs of any type, we won't even write for each other, to completely avoid any possibility of ill-perceptions. (and codeine is the only sched3 I ever, and rarely use)

luvmylabs23139
03-23-2011, 08:16 PM
Hey, I sympathize with being sick. BUT, its not your prescription. Can you take it? Yeah. But if you have to pass the pee test and can't because you took something that was NOT prescribed to you, don't whine and cry about it. Its illegal.

I just dumped my son's oxycodone down the sink. I COULD have used it with the present condition of my arm. But I didn't. Its not my prescription and if I hurt enough to need it, I best be shuffling into the DR.

WRL

This had nothing to do with me. I simply had to cut the final paycheck.
Poor guy actually had no idea he would have to take a drug test. The company he was working for did not have random drug testing.
It was a corp buyout and all employees found out that day and took the drug test the same day.

sinner
03-23-2011, 10:28 PM
Man I was very good. Went to work for Coors and had to pass not only the drug test but the poly.........and I had been a college prof during the 70ths.
I did gst asked if I really like my beard?

Raymond Little
03-23-2011, 10:37 PM

Jamarcus Russel calls it "Da Purple".