PDA

View Full Version : And justice for all?

dnf777
03-22-2011, 07:41 PM
Lawrence Taylor was convicted of sex crimes. The fact that he exchanged money for sex with an underaged girl was not disputed.

At the end of the day, he got two misdemeanor charges, 6 years probation, and oh yeah, a harsh, punishing $2000 fine!

Let any ordinary non-NFL-HalloFamer get caught with a 16 yo girl, and see how much daylight you see for 10-20 years!

Or have three beers at a tailgater and get breatholyzed, and I guarantee you'll part ways with far more than 2k in a hurry.

.....and Justice for all......

luvmylabs23139
03-22-2011, 07:46 PM
Actually he would have been fine if she had not been a prostitute. The legal age of consent in NJ is 16. If no money was involved it would have been totally legal.
Do I think it is disgusting, YES.

BonMallari
03-23-2011, 07:05 AM
what is disgusting is that the girl has apparently hired Gloria Allred because she doesnt like being referred to as a prostitute...follow the money trail:rolleyes:

cotts135
03-23-2011, 08:07 AM
Lawrence Taylor was convicted of sex crimes. The fact that he exchanged money for sex with an underaged girl was not disputed.

At the end of the day, he got two misdemeanor charges, 6 years probation, and oh yeah, a harsh, punishing $2000 fine!

Let any ordinary non-NFL-HalloFamer get caught with a 16 yo girl, and see how much daylight you see for 10-20 years!

Or have three beers at a tailgater and get breatholyzed, and I guarantee you'll part ways with far more than 2k in a hurry.

.....and Justice for all......

Unfortunately a two tier legal has existed in this country for some time

Ken Bora
03-23-2011, 09:17 AM
As a N.Y. Giants fan for about five hundred years. That would be in Giant time, ball control ball control ball control. L.T. was a game changing player. His ability to quickly remove the ball from the Q.B. and get it back in the hands of the offence for a 12 minute drive was unparallel. His moves are now coached and are so much standard operating procedure that many young players take it too far and only play the ball and forget the actual tackle. L.T. would smack the ball out of the hands AND make the tackle.

Then………

Learning that his performing enhancing drug of choice was the large sack of cocaine he kept in his trousers, I was very sad.
Could he have done what he did? Was it fair to the other players on the field?

I wish he could have turned it around way back then. I wish he could have coached. He chose a different path. It is just a sad story all the way around. I hope the pimp got jail time. I hope the girl gets a chance at returning to school and growing up to be a productive, tax paying member of society. And L.T. gosh I’ve been so disappointed with him for so long now, it’s just a so what now type of thing. He had the world by the ass….. UGH!

dnf777
03-23-2011, 01:25 PM
As a N.Y. Giants fan for about five hundred years. That would be in Giant time, ball control ball control ball control. L.T. was a game changing player. His ability to quickly remove the ball from the Q.B. and get it back in the hands of the offence for a 12 minute drive was unparallel. His moves are now coached and are so much standard operating procedure that many young players take it too far and only play the ball and forget the actual tackle. L.T. would smack the ball out of the hands AND make the tackle.

Then………

Learning that his performing enhancing drug of choice was the large sack of cocaine he kept in his trousers, I was very sad.
Could he have done what he did? Was it fair to the other players on the field?

I wish he could have turned it around way back then. I wish he could have coached. He chose a different path. It is just a sad story all the way around. I hope the pimp got jail time. I hope the girl gets a chance at returning to school and growing up to be a productive, tax paying member of society. And L.T. gosh I’ve been so disappointed with him for so long now, it’s just a so what now type of thing. He had the world by the ass….. UGH!

Did you hear his press conference???????

"its just you never think you'll get busted...ya know...well because EVERYONE is doing it..."

"I don't card my girls" "yeah, I'm out there"

His utter lack of remorse, and *almost* playing a victom card (she said she was 19)turned my stomach. He might as well have said that he learned to be more careful with his exploits next time....

Ken Bora
03-27-2011, 10:45 AM
[quote=dnf777;773232]Did you hear his press conference???????

"its just you never think you'll get busted...ya know...well because EVERYONE is doing it..."

"I don't card my girls" "yeah, I'm out there"
[quote]

Just saw that clip on fox sunday,
like I said, just another "What Now"
so sad..... he had the world by the ass........