PDA

View Full Version : Garth Brooks on Pres. BHO

BonMallari
03-23-2011, 02:59 PM
Well Garth just lost a long time fan...ME...I figure he, like the Dixie Chicks will lose many more of his core base

Grammy award-winning singer Garth Brooks told CNSNews.com that he "fully" supports President Barack Obama and that it must be "hell" serving as President of the United States.....

"Yeah, I think what President Obama is finding out is all that we want to do, the system kind of doesn't allow the most powerful guy in the world to kind of do his job and I'm sure nobody's more frustrated than him to complete those promises that he did and I think he's trying his heart out. I love him to death and I fully support him and I just wish him well because it's got to be hell in that office," said Brooks.

Brooks' comments come as many celebrities who supported President Obama in the 2008 election including Matt Damon and Barbra Streisand have publicly expressed disappointment in President Obama.

charly_t
03-23-2011, 03:10 PM
Well Garth just lost a long time fan...ME...I figure he, like the Dixie Chicks will lose many more of his core base
Does it seem to anyone else that some entertainers just don't think very deeply ? I'm sure not proud of some of the Okies who have made it to the big time. At least in the brain department they seem to lack something major. I guess we can't expect them to be good at everything. I still think that our prez lacks insight into many things. His IQ may be good but that is not all it takes to reason things out.

dnf777
03-23-2011, 03:14 PM
Can't someone be a fan of a person's music and talent, regardless of a disagreement on who you support?

If I saw George Strait come out and support Sarah Palin, I'd think that politically he's an idiot, but would still be a huge fan of his.

I think we're too polarized in this country. We ignore our similarities, and dwell on differences, to the point its paralyzed our gov't.

M&K's Retrievers
03-23-2011, 03:21 PM

Along with Parrot Head

duk4me
03-23-2011, 03:27 PM
Can't someone be a fan of a person's music and talent, regardless of a disagreement on who you support?

If I saw George Strait come out and support Sarah Palin, I'd think that politically he's an idiot, but would still be a huge fan of his.

I think we're too polarized in this country. We ignore our similarities, and dwell on differences, to the point its paralyzed our gov't.

Nope, it isn't Joe and Randy at the coffee shop. Its a major star in a major venue influencing people. By supporting him you give him more power.

BTW my statement is true regardless of the side your own.

Cody Covey
03-23-2011, 03:31 PM
You wouldn't be watching much movies or TV or listening to much music if you only listened to people you agree with...

dnf777
03-23-2011, 03:35 PM
Nope, it isn't Joe and Randy at the coffee shop. Its a major star in a major venue influencing people. By supporting him you give him more power.

If people are that easily influenced, then we're in trouble. I would never vote for someone because someone who can sing likes them!

starjack
03-23-2011, 03:44 PM
I did not know garth was even around any more. So really who cares what he thinks.

huntinman
03-23-2011, 03:52 PM
If people are that easily influenced, then we're in trouble. I would never vote for someone because someone who can sing likes them!

How the hell do you think Obama got elected? Hope and change regards:rolleyes:

duk4me
03-23-2011, 03:57 PM

Yes we are in trouble. Yes I know that you would never vote for someone who can only sing. It's the rest of the voting populace that I worry about.

road kill
03-23-2011, 04:05 PM

Then why did you vote for Obama????:D

Just askin'......

RK

dnf777
03-23-2011, 04:06 PM
How the hell do you think Obama got elected? Hope and change regards:rolleyes:

I didn't know he could sing...;)

but really, people buy disks or movies because they like someone's voice or talents....not because of who they support. But people will STOP buying disks or videos because of who someone supports......sooooo......

Entertainers really only stand to LOSE by taking political stands. Or at least much more to lose than gain.

BTW, rip Liz Taylor.

RK: I didn't vote for him.

duk4me
03-23-2011, 04:07 PM
You wouldn't be watching much movies or TV or listening to much music if you only listened to people you agree with...

OK guess I'll have to buy a book.

BonMallari
03-23-2011, 04:11 PM

you and I are both still here on POTUS and I am sure there are a few here that we dont agree with...heck it might even be each other:rolleyes:

Do you watch Sean Penn movies, Danny Glover,Sarandon,Tim Robbins flicks..

the only celebrities that I give a temporary pass is to Carrie Underwood (HSUS supporter) and the Eagles (long time liberals) but even that is up for revocation at any time

Cody Covey
03-23-2011, 04:25 PM
Sean Penn only does liberal movies so I don't watch him, Danny Glover hasn't done a movie in a while has he?, Sarandon and Tim Robbins I've never seen one of their movies but I think that is an age thing?

I do watch Alec Baldwin on 30 Rock weekly. Not because he is a conservative but because I watch TV to be entertained and he does a damn good job of it. I also listen to hip hop which is full of racist black people and outside of Kanye West I could care less what they think as long as I enjoy the music who cares...

road kill
03-23-2011, 04:28 PM
I like Uncle Ted, regardless his political veiws!!!!:D

RK

duk4me
03-23-2011, 04:30 PM
Sean Penn only does liberal movies so I don't watch him, Danny Glover hasn't done a movie in a while has he?, Sarandon and Tim Robbins I've never seen one of their movies but I think that is an age thing?

I do watch Alec Baldwin on 30 Rock weekly. Not because he is a conservative but because I watch TV to be entertained and he does a damn good job of it. I also listen to hip hop which is full of racist black people and outside of Kanye West I could care less what they think as long as I enjoy the music who cares...

You ever heard of Google? You might want to try it and Google Alec Badlwins conservative opinions. Perhaps you will understand the difference between characters and actors.

BonMallari
03-23-2011, 04:31 PM
I watch 30 Rock because I like Tina Fey, and not because she looks like Sarah Palin..

duk4me
03-23-2011, 04:35 PM
I watch 30 Rock because I like Tina Fey, and not because she looks like Sarah Palin..

I don't watch 30 rock because of alec baldwin. He should have kept his promise when Bush was elected.

Cody Covey
03-23-2011, 04:43 PM
You ever heard of Google? You might want to try it and Google Alec Badlwins conservative opinions. Perhaps you will understand the difference between characters and actors.

He isn't a conservative which was my point. If I only watched conservatives I would be in a world of hurt....

Cody Covey
03-23-2011, 04:43 PM

But Tina Fey is about as liberal as they come...

Franco
03-23-2011, 04:44 PM
All I can say about Garth is...Shameless;-)

I like the Sports Illustrated Swimsuits models and I bet they are mostly Democrats. Doesn't mean I'm not going to watch video of them at SI.com wearing painted on swimsuits dancing on some remote exotic beach!:cool:

duk4me
03-23-2011, 04:46 PM
All I can say about Garth is...Shameless;-)

I like the Sports Illustrated Swimsuits models and I bet they are mostly Democrats. Doesn't mean I'm not going to watch video of them at SI.com wearing painted on swimsuits dancing on some remote exotic beach!:cool:

Leave it to you to go off topic. When I watch the Swimsuit models the sound is off.......:p

dnf777
03-23-2011, 04:53 PM
I like Uncle Ted, regardless his political veiws!!!!:D

RK

We saw Uncle Ted here in the 'Burgh in a very close, intimate venue. He absolutely ROCKED the place, but then got a little preachy. This was during the Kerry/Bush campaign season. He got lots of cheers and hootin' and hollerin for supporting the troops, supporting Bush, and was obviously in a favorable, conservative crowd. He then dropped the P word on Kerry and his "P" service record in Vietnam, and the room sort of fell silent. Not totally, but he obviously overstepped many's comfort level, including mine. You know how I feel about that....of course, he just broke into Great White Buffalo, and all was forgiven.

Buzz
03-23-2011, 04:54 PM

He must have confused him with his ultra conservative brother.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Baldwin

charly_t
03-23-2011, 04:55 PM
The way I see this is people with a lot of influence should be honest enough to refrain from using it in this instance ( voting ). Lots of young people ( and others ) are much too easily fooled by their idol.

BonMallari
03-23-2011, 04:58 PM
But Tina Fey is about as liberal as they come...

Tina Fey is cute, she can always be muted...sometimes you need some mindless entertainment...watched her on interviews,when she gets political, I turn the channel...would I go see her movies..NO..she not that cute;)

duk4me
03-23-2011, 05:01 PM

Two things, First I don't watch thirty rock, and secondly how the heck could those two be brothers.
?

Buzz
03-23-2011, 05:01 PM
The way I see this is people with a lot of influence should be honest enough to refrain from using it in this instance ( voting ). Lots of young people ( and others ) are much too easily fooled by their idol.

Good thing we have a first amendment. Last I looked it didn't say anything about people with a lot of influence.

Buzz
03-23-2011, 05:02 PM
Two things, First I don't watch thirty rock, and secondly how the heck could those two be brothers.
?

I'd love to hang out at one of their holiday gatherings. I saw an interview once, and he implied that the conversation gets spirited.

Hew
03-23-2011, 05:06 PM
Penn and Robbins are great actors and have been in two of my all-time favorite movies...The Shawshank Remption and Mystic River. You should watch Shawshank...everybody loves that movie.

I respect Penn and Robbins. Their politics suck but they walk the walk. They're not limosine liberals. Glover strikes me as an idiot and a dupe, though.

BonMallari
03-23-2011, 05:13 PM
I'd love to hang out at one of their holiday gatherings. I saw an interview once, and he implied that the conversation gets spirited.

Buzz you can just come to one of our family reunions...I have two liberal brothers,one lives in No Cal, the other in Austin, I have three VERY conservative brothers, from Idaho and Austin and Colorado respectively..IF or When the conversation shifts to politics it usually is a prelude to the end of the day's activity and once the end of the reunion itself

charly_t
03-23-2011, 05:23 PM
Good thing we have a first amendment. Last I looked it didn't say anything about people with a lot of influence.

Yeah, yappy dogs and yappy people are much alike though. Some "people abuse the priviledge of free speech".

Cody Covey
03-23-2011, 05:45 PM

No I was just getting ahead of myself and didn't form the sentence well.

sinner
03-23-2011, 06:48 PM
Most of you folks just confirmed that most of us who communicate on ths blog need to get a life.
If you have nothing better to do read "God is Not Great". Maybe we can debate somtning besides politics while we listen to Garth!

dnf777
03-23-2011, 06:53 PM
Penn and Robbins are great actors and have been in two of my all-time favorite movies...The Shawshank Remption and Mystic River. You should watch Shawshank...everybody loves that movie.

I respect Penn and Robbins. Their politics suck but they walk the walk. They're not limosine liberals. Glover strikes me as an idiot and a dupe, though.

Glad someone else said that.
Penn may be many things...but he's one HELL of an actor.
From Jeff Spicolli to Shawshank, to All the King's Men.....wow. That dude can act. Maybe one of the most accomplished around today.

Damn, Hew...that's twice in one week!

road kill
03-23-2011, 07:47 PM
Glad someone else said that.
Penn may be many things...but he's one HELL of an actor.
From Jeff Spicolli to Shawshank, to All the King's Men.....wow. That dude can act. Maybe one of the most accomplished around today.

Damn, Hew...that's twice in one week!

Say what???:confused:

RK

dnf777
03-23-2011, 07:51 PM
Say what???:confused:

RK

oops. got prison flicks mixed up.
Penn was in Bad Boys.

road kill
03-23-2011, 07:54 PM
oops. got prison flicks mixed up.
Penn was in Bad Boys.

The part he played in "Colors" was exceptional.

Though the movie was quite depressing.

RK

Nor_Cal_Angler
03-24-2011, 12:02 AM

Cody....

I do believe you have seen one of his movies.....WE ALL HAVE!!!!!!!!!

TOP GUN ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NCA

Cody Covey
03-24-2011, 12:05 AM
Cody....

I do believe you have seen one of his movies.....WE ALL HAVE!!!!!!!!!

TOP GUN ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NCA
I try and block that out :)

Nor_Cal_Angler
03-24-2011, 12:07 AM
I try and block that out :)

Dont we all!!!!!!!!!;);)

"Slider, You stink!!!!":razz::razz:

NCA

Hew
04-02-2011, 02:34 PM
Cody,

Was watching another of the best movies ever (Jeremiah Johnson) and saw some commercials for The Shawshank Redemption....it's on tonight (Sat) at 8 pm on AMC.

bobbyb
04-02-2011, 04:46 PM

Hey Bon.. what's the big deal ??? Remember "He's got friends in LOW places " and that is all i have to say about Garth Brooks and Obongo...
BobbyB
cajun

Uncle Bill
04-02-2011, 07:30 PM
Cody,

Was watching another of the best movies ever (Jeremiah Johnson) and saw some commercials for The Shawshank Redemption....it's on tonight (Sat) at 8 pm on AMC.

It is sad how many of the great actors and actresses are so damned liberal. No wonder they were all suspect back in the days after WWII...when "..if your mommie is a commie, ya gotta turn her in."

Does it stem from white guilt? That certainly was the case with Hanoi Jane, and she was a drool in her day. Shawshank was a classic. So were many of the Danny Glover bits when he starred with Gibson, who I also thought was reedeemable until recently. I'll still watch his "Forever Young" flick, tho.

About the only Hollywood types I hold in high esteem are the late Charleton Heston, (who, during the Clinton years was MY President) and Tom Selleck. His current TV series is just super. I also enjoyed that series he produced as the chief of police in Paradise.

It's seldom that you see a CW star claim to be liberal...most are of the conservative persuasion, but they seldom flaunt it. After Waylon and Johnny passed away, we didn't hear much from that crowd, with the exception of Willie's tax problems. One of those original 'liberal' Highwaymen that Waylon always thought should grow up was Kris Kristofferson, but he's hardly heard from anymore.

Those 4 on the blue collar tour didn't have many 'liberal' tendancies. Always enjoyed those dudes, although it got occasionally over the top with blue material. When I'm surfing, I frequently land on a channel featuring Ron White, who I'll happily spend time with.

UB

Cody Covey
04-04-2011, 11:42 AM
It is sad how many of the great actors and actresses are so damned liberal. No wonder they were all suspect back in the days after WWII...when "..if your mommie is a commie, ya gotta turn her in."

Does it stem from white guilt? That certainly was the case with Hanoi Jane, and she was a drool in her day. Shawshank was a classic. So were many of the Danny Glover bits when he starred with Gibson, who I also thought was reedeemable until recently. I'll still watch his "Forever Young" flick, tho.

About the only Hollywood types I hold in high esteem are the late Charleton Heston, (who, during the Clinton years was MY President) and Tom Selleck. His current TV series is just super. I also enjoyed that series he produced as the chief of police in Paradise.

It's seldom that you see a CW star claim to be liberal...most are of the conservative persuasion, but they seldom flaunt it. After Waylon and Johnny passed away, we didn't hear much from that crowd, with the exception of Willie's tax problems. One of those original 'liberal' Highwaymen that Waylon always thought should grow up was Kris Kristofferson, but he's hardly heard from anymore.

Those 4 on the blue collar tour didn't have many 'liberal' tendancies. Always enjoyed those dudes, although it got occasionally over the top with blue material. When I'm surfing, I frequently land on a channel featuring Ron White, who I'll happily spend time with.

UBAfter the dixie chicks I doubt many country stars are going to claim they are liberals lol.

@Hew
I don't have cable or satellite so missed it this week end. We only use Netflix or the internet for our TV needs if its not on local channels. I'll check out netflix and see if it's on there!

Chris Miller
04-04-2011, 12:16 PM

He is a hasn't been influencing anyone in almost 20yrs