PDA

View Full Version : Ohhhhhhhhh Rooooooooooogggggggger

Bubba
03-23-2011, 07:48 PM
Bet you can't tell me who this quote belongs to.

"The president does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation."

Tomahawk regards

Bubba

huntinman
03-23-2011, 07:52 PM
Here's another one while you are studying Roger: "Without Congressional approval, I will make it my business to impeach him!"

hint: it is not a Republican;-)

dnf777
03-23-2011, 07:59 PM
For a small man, that guy sports a pair!

You may disagree with him, but you never have to guess where he stands.

road kill
03-23-2011, 08:26 PM

Roger?

RK

dnf777
03-23-2011, 08:41 PM
Roger?

RK

No. The politician referred to.

teddyg
03-23-2011, 09:12 PM

Seems to me he stands on the sideline waiting for someone else to make the call. He's your answer to everything, glad that growth is on your back and not mine.

Roger Perry
03-23-2011, 09:34 PM
Bet you can't tell me who this quote belongs to.

"The president does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation."

Tomahawk regards

Bubba

And who do you think said this----"

But one former official who advised President George W. Bush said that while the decision to deploy U.S. forces in the Libyan operation was a political and strategic mistake, it's entirely legal.
"Congress raises and supports the military, but the president is the commander. Declaring war and making war are two different functions. There's no question President Obama has the authority to do what he did," the official said, asking that his name not be used.

Gerry Clinchy
03-23-2011, 09:51 PM

But one former official who advised President George W. Bush said that while the decision to deploy U.S. forces in the Libyan operation was a political and strategic mistake, it's entirely legal.
"Congress raises and supports the military, but the president is the commander. Declaring war and making war are two different functions. There's no question President Obama has the authority to do what he did," the official said, asking that his name not be used.

Does this mean that O was incorrect when he critiqued Bush?

Buzz
03-23-2011, 09:55 PM
Seems to me he stands on the sideline waiting for someone else to make the call. He's your answer to everything, glad that growth is on your back and not mine.

I don't think you realize who he's talking about, but I could be wrong... ;-)

teddyg
03-23-2011, 11:00 PM
I don't think you realize who he's talking about, but I could be wrong... ;-)

I'm very well aware of who he's talking about. Buzz do you have any idea as to what your talking about at any time of the day?

dnf777
03-23-2011, 11:09 PM
I'm very well aware of who he's talking about. Buzz do you have any idea as to what your talking about at any time of the day?

Just for grins, tell me who I was talking about?? Let's see if you're well aware.

Hew
03-24-2011, 03:18 AM
Just for grins, tell me who I was talking about?? Let's see if you're well aware.
I figured you were referring to that little squirrel Kucinich. But the quote in the original post belongs to Obama. And the quote huntinman posted belongs to Biden. You can flip a coin as to which quote is more embarrassing, but I don't think you need to flip a coin on whether either of them clanks when they walk.

dnf777
03-24-2011, 05:21 AM
I figured you were referring to that little squirrel Kucinich. But the quote in the original post belongs to Obama. And the quote huntinman posted belongs to Biden. You can flip a coin as to which quote is more embarrassing, but I don't think you need to flip a coin on whether either of them clanks when they walk.

Good one. And you're right on all accounts. ;)

Who is teddyg? And why do they sound eerily like sandyq?

subroc
03-24-2011, 05:22 AM

I agree with this. I agree with presidential powers in this. I just don't agree with the decision.

The left generally have lots of problems with this thought. Where are they now?

BTW, has anyone else read that al quida is at least a player in the "rebellion" in Libya? Did we actually fire our missiles in support of al quida? I shudder at the thought.

achiro
03-24-2011, 11:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adpa5kYUhCA