PDA

View Full Version : New Hampshire's "Free State"

Franco
03-25-2011, 10:28 AM
Here is one state that has the correct idea...

http://freestateproject.org/soi

Statement of Intent
I hereby state my solemn intent to move to the state of New Hampshire. Once there, I will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of civil government is the protection of life, liberty, and property.

more

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0311/51916.html

Looks like the Libertarian movement is growing!:cool:

Buzz
03-25-2011, 10:55 AM
Did you know that the NH House just passed single payer healthcare?

Franco
03-25-2011, 11:23 AM
Single Payer may work in a state like NH.

They don't have nearly the welfare recipients that most states have to deal with.

The "Free State" movement in NH is a movement by the people and not the politicians of the state.

It is about returning to our roots, when we were a Free People. A time in America before the Federal Govenment decided they knew what was best for everyone.

BrianW
03-25-2011, 11:48 AM
Did you know that the NH House just passed single payer healthcare?
Did you look at the link? I.e. the FAQ's.
Do you consider that this project could be a reaction to that issue (& similar)?
That the way to change the system is to re-form the demographic?
"In addition, New Hampshire's low population ensures that each individual can have an effect on the political system."

I feel similarly about the WI PEU issue, if folks are so upset about taking the privileges away, let them get in a moving van, not a bus to change the system.

subroc
03-25-2011, 06:45 PM
I believe several years ago, New Hampshire was rated pretty high on some livability polls that included several criteria. This movement was started then if I remember correctly. It may have been as many as 15 years ago. I am not sure of the impact it has had.

I expect the leftward move in our politics recently is due to lefty's that screwed up Massachusetts with their liberal beliefs trying to escape the mess they made. They have moved north.

Franco
03-25-2011, 07:08 PM
I believe several years ago, New Hampshire was rated pretty high on some livability polls that included several criteria. This movement was started then if I remember correctly. It may have been as many as 15 years ago. I am not sure of the impact it has had.

I expect the leftward move in our politics recently is due to lefty's that screwed up Massachusetts with their liberal beliefs trying to escape the mess they made. They have moved north.

Those lefty's are Democrats. The Free State movement is Libetarian, old fashioned Conservatism. Small central government, more individual freedom.

It is that or default and watch the dollar plunge as our huge Fed Gov just continiues to push us all in a downward financial spirial.

subroc
03-25-2011, 09:40 PM
Franco

I was just making a couple disconnected points. Our state has moved leftward in recent years. That is the fact.

The selection of New Hampshire as a destination state for libertarians is a movement that began years ago. There were articles on the subject.

I expect that Massachusetts expatriates are having far more effect on New Hampshire politics than this libertarian movement.