PDA

View Full Version : The GOP’s invasion of the intelligence-snatchers

Roger Perry
03-25-2011, 11:00 AM
By Doug Thompson
http://www.capitolhillblue.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/032511sarahpalin-300x206.jpg (http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/39944/032511sarahpalin) Sarah Palin: Leader of the decline of our poltical system?

Former Labor SecretaryRobert B. Reich (http://www.myspace.com/everything/robert-reich) may have said it best:
“Never before in modern history have the Republicans considered a more bizarre group of characters, who bear more resemblance to the denizens of the bar in “Star Wars” than to serious leaders,” Reich says in a public forum on Politico.Com. “Their candidacies will only helpPresident Obama (http://answers.com/topic/barack-obama#Gale_Contemporary_Black_Biography_d), whose favorability ratings — despite a level of unemployment that would sink most presidents – remain relatively high.”
With potential candidates likeMichele Bachmann (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michele_Bachmann), Sarah Palin and perennial loserRon Paul (http://www.house.gov/paul/) appealing to the extreme fringe of the GOP, Democrats lick their chops in delight.
“Maybe while Bachmann is hiring staff she should also bring on a geography coach so she knows what state she’s actually in and what happened there,” Democratic consultant Garry South told Politico. “Having already misplaced the battles of Lexington and Concord in New Hampshire, will she also think Mt. Rushmore is in South Carolina, or confuse Iowa for Ohio? Democrats should be so lucky as to have Bachmann as the Republican nominee in 2012.”

Bachmann,Sharron Angle (http://www.sharronangle.com/), Sarah Palin and others have turned the GOP into an international joke and broug6ht amazement at the support and enthusiasm they generate.
http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/39944

I have to admit, the Democrats only have Obama but he seems better than anyone the Republicans are offering up.:rolleyes:

road kill
03-25-2011, 11:06 AM
By Doug Thompson
http://www.capitolhillblue.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/032511sarahpalin-300x206.jpg (http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/39944/032511sarahpalin) Sarah Palin: Leader of the decline of our poltical system?

Former Labor SecretaryRobert B. Reich (http://www.myspace.com/everything/robert-reich) may have said it best:
“Never before in modern history have the Republicans considered a more bizarre group of characters, who bear more resemblance to the denizens of the bar in “Star Wars” than to serious leaders,” Reich says in a public forum on Politico.Com. “Their candidacies will only helpPresident Obama (http://answers.com/topic/barack-obama#Gale_Contemporary_Black_Biography_d), whose favorability ratings — despite a level of unemployment that would sink most presidents – remain relatively high.”
With potential candidates likeMichele Bachmann (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michele_Bachmann), Sarah Palin and perennial loserRon Paul (http://www.house.gov/paul/) appealing to the extreme fringe of the GOP, Democrats lick their chops in delight.
“Maybe while Bachmann is hiring staff she should also bring on a geography coach so she knows what state she’s actually in and what happened there,” Democratic consultant Garry South told Politico. “Having already misplaced the battles of Lexington and Concord in New Hampshire, will she also think Mt. Rushmore is in South Carolina, or confuse Iowa for Ohio? Democrats should be so lucky as to have Bachmann as the Republican nominee in 2012.”

Bachmann,Sharron Angle (http://www.sharronangle.com/), Sarah Palin and others have turned the GOP into an international joke and broug6ht amazement at the support and enthusiasm they generate.
http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/39944

I have to admit, the Democrats only have Obama but he seems better than anyone the Republicans are offering up.:rolleyes:

As far as an international joke, Obama is truly the king.

Cast of characters from Star Wars??

Barny Frank
Nancy Pelosi
Harry Reid
Joe Biden
Grayson from FL
Reich himself
Maxine Waters
Barbara Boxer
Soros
Huffington
Bill Maher
Michael Moore
and of course all of their bosses---The AFL-CIO President Trumka!!!!!

Your group is the biggest collection of NON-PRODUCING leeches ever assembled.

I'll bet you are real proud Roger, in fact I am certain you are.

Your obsession with Bush and Palin is disturbing.
It's beyond comical, it is truly cause for concern, can't the nurses help you?

RK

Marty Lee
03-25-2011, 11:14 AM
I will admit i am not excited about any republican candidate so far and i hope someone comes along. However I will vote for anybody that runs against BHO and not because he is a DEM but because it is my opinion that we cant get no worse.....change will be good regards,

Roger Perry
03-25-2011, 11:24 AM
As far as an international joke, Obama is truly the king.

Cast of characters from Star Wars??

Barny Frank
Nancy Pelosi
Harry Reid
Joe Biden
Grayson from FL
Reich himself
Maxine Waters
Barbara Boxer
Soros
Huffington
Bill Maher
Michael Moore
and of course all of their bosses---The AFL-CIO President Trumka!!!!!

Your group is the biggest collection of NON-PRODUCING leeches ever assembled.

I'll bet you are real proud Roger, in fact I am certain you are.

Your obsession with Bush and Palin is disturbing.
It's beyond comical, it is truly cause for concern, can't the nurses help you?

RK

RK,, it is not just Bush and Palin. Here are some other wacko's

Texas CongressmanRon Paul (http://www.house.gov/paul/), a perennial loser in the Presidential sweepstakes, told the cheering crowd that the “the public school system is now a propaganda machine. They start with our kids even in kindergarten, teaching them about family values, sexual education, gun rights, environmentalism — and they condition them to believe in so much which is totally un-American.”
Paul was joined by other members of the GOP’s lunatic fringe, including bombastic Minnesota CongresswomanMichele Bachmann (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michele_Bachmann) and Georgia businessman Herman Cain.
Bachmann praised home schooling, calling the practice the “essence of freedom and liberty” and adding that “it’s about knowing our children better than the state knows our children.”
“It is not up to a bureaucrat to decide what is best for your children. I am so tired ot the establishment telling us that they know best. We know best,” Bachmann said.
Cain, former CEO of Godfather’s pizza, said government has no role in education. Like Paul and Bachmann, Cain is hinting that he may run for President in 2012.
“That’s all we want is for government to get out of the way so we can educate ourselves and our children the old-fashioned way,” he said.
Bachmann, known for mangling facts and getting historical information wrong in her public statements, home schooled her five biological children.
http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/39939

Franco
03-25-2011, 11:31 AM
Wackos to the eastern intellectual Liberal community, maybe.

Personally, I can't wait till the wackos take control and get this country headed back to what made us a great country!

Ron Paul may appear too old to be elected President but, don't forget his doctor son, Rand. He has been taught well.

BonMallari
03-25-2011, 12:01 PM
RP, do you have any original premises yourself or do you just continue to cut/paste the Doug Thompson column everyday, because I grow very tired of his schtick, if I wanted to read it ,which I dont , I would be on the same sites as you, which I am not

troy schwab
03-25-2011, 12:07 PM
RP, do you have any original premises yourself or do you just continue to cut/paste the Doug Thompson column everyday, because I grow very tired of his schtick, if I wanted to read it ,which I dont , I would be on the same sites as you, which I am not

Touche' Valid point sir!!!!

Roger Perry
03-25-2011, 12:25 PM

Bon, there are other posters here who quote articles and then have people here comment on them so why are you not questioning them????

Does Donald Trumph have cred by RK in fact most of RK's origional posts are from articles. Uncle Bills origional posts are usually from emails he receives. Gorelick, Huntinman, Mission Creep, Eric Johnson.

BonMallari
03-25-2011, 12:56 PM
Bon, there are other posters here who quote articles and then have people here comment on them so why are you not questioning them????

Does Donald Trumph have cred by RK in fact most of RK's origional posts are from articles. Uncle Bills origional posts are usually from emails he receives. Gorelick, Huntinman, Mission Creep, Eric Johnson.

I actually did last week, but to no avail...I specifically said that I tire of the cut/paste and respect people with original thoughts instead of reading commentary from third parties,it came during my request to give proper credit to those third parties and not passing them off as original thoughts..

as for UB's emails, 80% I have already received from a like minded brother in Colorado..

POTUS has gotten to be one of two scenarios

1. posters google search info to support their stand or facts and figures to back up their somewhat skewed claims

or in your case

2. you find a column or website that supports your ideology and continue to post their column

I would prefer to hear YOUR thoughts, not Thompson's, same goes for the conservative posters that cut/paste conservative columnists, that stuff bores me too, it makes me wonder who I am having a conversation with, the OP or the columnists

BrianW
03-25-2011, 01:53 PM
If Ron Paul is a "wacko" for being a perennial loser, where does that put McCain?

Personally, I'd rather see Paul run again than some Demoplican Republicrat. At least Ron has some common sense.
The People are getting real tired, imo, of Carroll Quigley "alternatives" that just advance the same policies.

dnf777
03-25-2011, 01:58 PM

On that very same vein, I don't think UB has posted an original word, other than to insult and name call. Saving for that, almost everything he's posts here is cut-n-paste from a RWE rag.

Sometimes the articles generate good discussions. But more often, they are highly partisan, that just serve to legitimize the reader's beliefs. And that's ok. Either way. Just as long as they're recognized for what they are.

road kill
03-25-2011, 02:07 PM
I actually did last week, but to no avail...I specifically said that I tire of the cut/paste and respect people with original thoughts instead of reading commentary from third parties,it came during my request to give proper credit to those third parties and not passing them off as original thoughts..

as for UB's emails, 80% I have already received from a like minded brother in Colorado..

1. posters google search info to support their stand or facts and figures to back up their somewhat skewed claims

or in your case

2. you find a column or website that supports your ideology and continue to post their column

I would prefer to hear YOUR thoughts, not Thompson's, same goes for the conservative posters that cut/paste conservative columnists, that stuff bores me too, it makes me wonder who I am having a conversation with, the OP or the columnists

Kinda funny Bon, when I state my opinions "middle of the road indepenedents" (secular progressives) challenge me for not having "links" to back me up.
"Links" are part and parcel of the progressives game plan, as they have no original thought.
It's proven time and again here, look how often they imitate (not duplicate) ME!!!!:D

I read a lot of things, as you can see by my "links.":cool:
I have opinions that have been formed by my life's experiences.
(and I have had a few)
I don't make shit up (concoct anecdotes) and only exagerate on occasion!!;-)

But at this point, I simply posted a provocative peice to stimulate dialogue.
However, there is no longer any dialogue.

Frankly, I posted the Trump peice to see how people would react to Trump saying this.

It is a departure from the response to you or I were we the authors of his rant.
He does, however, make a valid point.
Show us the BC and it is a moot point.

RK

Eric Johnson
03-25-2011, 02:08 PM

Bon-

Since I seem to be one of the lightning rods in this discussion.....

I post two kinds of stuff.

1. My own thoughts.

2. A clip from an article or editorial along with the URL in two forms so that a reader may read the original article if s/he chooses. These are meant as conversation starters and if I post one of these, I'll very, very rarely ever post to that thread again in order to cut the confusion between the original author and myself. I've broken that self-imposed rule here more than in most places but I generally just don't post in the thread again.

Eric

dnf777
03-25-2011, 02:12 PM
Kinda funny Bon, when I state my opinions "middle of the road indepenedents" (secular progressives) challenge me for not having "links" to back me up.
"Links" are part and parcel of the progressives game plan, as they have no original thought.
It's proven time and again here, look how often they imitate (not duplicate) ME!!!!:D

I read a lot of things, as you can see.
I have opinions that have been formed by my life's experiences.
(and I have had a few)
I don't make shit up (concoct anecdotes) and only exagerate on occasion!!;-)

But at this point, I simply posted a provocative peice to stimulate dialogue.
However, there is no longer any dialogue.

Frankly, I posted the Trump peice to see how people would react to Trump saying this.

It is a departure from the response to you or I were we the authors of his rant.
He does, however, make a valid point.
Show us the BC and it is a moot point.

RK

Stan,
Let's turn the light on for a minute.

NOBODY has challenged one's stated opinions. You even eloquently commented a while ago, that if you're stating how you feel about something, then you CAN'T be wrong. And I agreed with you and supported that very true comment.

But to use stated facts to support a premise, and not be able to substantiate those "facts" because they are in fact, NOT facts, is totally different. I know you can see the difference between the following:

1) I think teachers in WI are paid way too much

2) Teachers in WI are among the highest paid teachers in the nation

One is an opinion, the other is a false claim.

Okay, lights off again.

click

road kill
03-25-2011, 02:19 PM
Stan,
Let's turn the light on for a minute.

NOBODY has challenged one's stated opinions. You even eloquently commented a while ago, that if you're stating how you feel about something, then you CAN'T be wrong. And I agreed with you and supported that very true comment.

But to use stated facts to support a premise, and not be able to substantiate those "facts" because they are in fact, NOT facts, is totally different. I know you can see the difference between the following:

1) I think teachers in WI are paid way too much

2) Teachers in WI are among the highest paid teachers in the nation

One is an opinion, the other is a false claim.

Okay, lights off again.

click

Dave,
One thing we agree on.....your light is off.
The rankings of Milwaukee and WI teachers on a national level is out there to see, but you may need the light.

You on the other hand have "FLIP-FLOPPED" and are posting.
And those posts are your usual "modus operandi."

RK

dnf777
03-25-2011, 02:26 PM
Milwaukee teachers??

Trying to slip a little hedge in there, are we???

those threads were about Wisconsin teachers. Milwaukee was never mentioned, and everyone here knows it, who read those threads!!!

I have no idea what Milwaukee teachers make, but based on what you're trying to slip in here, I suspect they probably make significantly more than the average WI teacher!

Sorry, I caught that one.

road kill
03-25-2011, 02:31 PM
Milwaukee teachers??

Trying to slip a little hedge in there, are we???

Sorry, I caught that one.
"I'll give you that you are consistent.

Post after post crying out for attention, laced with personal insults and concocted anecdotes and the propensity for the over use of personal pro-nouns.

By a poster that doesn't have the kahones to walk to the line................"

RK

Uncle Bill
03-25-2011, 02:34 PM

Frankly I don't give a damn! If It 'bores' you, there is a way around that. It's like I tell those that get offended by listening to Rush, you have control fo the on/off switch!

Hellsbells, put me on ignore. Heaven forbid I'm the reason for your boredom.

When I start presenting my views, the mentally challenged on here are the first to demand whereI got that info. Rather than provide an address, (URL) it's easier to copy and paste, and make comments if I want.

That said, last I understood, it's up to the viewer to open the post, thread, whatever. I would hate to think, should my post suddenly appear in the middle of the thread, you'd be forced to read it. Blow it off...I couldn't care less.

I'm not writing anything here for an individuals approval...I'm just doing it for my own personal pleasure. I either piss off some pathetic mental midget, or provide a point that those in the conservative camp can agree with, or get a chuckle out of.

Nuff said!

UB

dnf777
03-25-2011, 03:01 PM
"I'll give you that you are consistent.

Post after post crying out for attention, laced with personal insults and concocted anecdotes and the propensity for the over use of personal pro-nouns.

By a poster that doesn't have the kahones to walk to the line................"

RK

Edit: deleted other response.
You can have the last word.

BonMallari
03-25-2011, 03:14 PM
Bon-

Since I seem to be one of the lightning rods in this discussion.....

I post two kinds of stuff.

1. My own thoughts.

2. A clip from an article or editorial along with the URL in two forms so that a reader may read the original article if s/he chooses. These are meant as conversation starters and if I post one of these, I'll very, very rarely ever post to that thread again in order to cut the confusion between the original author and myself. I've broken that self-imposed rule here more than in most places but I generally just don't post in the thread again.

Eric

Eric , I've done the same thing except that when I start a thread I like to participate if the thread goes in the general direction of the premise, I have no problem with someone posting a subject and commenting on that item, after all that's what we are doing here..

and to UB...these little tirades of yours are what turns many off, compared to you most if not all of us lie LEFT of your position, just because we dont agree lockstep with your view of Conservatism, doesnt mean we are any less Conservative than you, or any less patriotic...

there are lots of Conservative type opinions here on POTUS,doesnt mean we all have to be Tea Party members there are many Liberal opinions here too, doesnt mean they all support BHO

Cody Covey
03-25-2011, 04:05 PM
Eric , I've done the same thing except that when I start a thread I like to participate if the thread goes in the general direction of the premise, I have no problem with someone posting a subject and commenting on that item, after all that's what we are doing here..

and to UB...these little tirades of yours are what turns many off, compared to you most if not all of us lie LEFT of your position, just because we dont agree lockstep with your view of republican, doesnt mean we are any less Republican than you, or any less patriotic...

there are lots of Conservative type opinions here on POTUS,doesnt mean we all have to be Tea Party members there are many Liberal opinions here too, doesnt mean they all support BHO
fixed it for you....

BonMallari
03-25-2011, 04:22 PM
fixed it for you....

Good Point...

Marvin S
03-25-2011, 07:12 PM

or in your case

Cut/paste shows they can use the computer - not that they are capable of original thought :).

As for UB's posts, I don't have a like minded bro so welcome them.

I find what HEW, Subroc, Eric J, Julie R, Brian W, Bon M, Luvy, Cary, roadkill & UB's posts are generally interesting & contain thought beyond the posting of a link which I don't mind. M&K, Duk4, the guy from NC that got a new job are also on that list.

I also find that having dnf on ignore is a peace of mind, there was nothing originating from that source any way. Many of that ilk are incapable of a serious use of the thought process or they would not post or believe what they do. If we have no more religious discussions it will not bother me. The least they could do is ID the darn thing so those of us not interested could leave it.

Everyone have a great weekend!!!!!!!!!!!

Roger Perry
03-25-2011, 07:24 PM
Cut/paste shows they can use the computer - not that they are capable of original thought :).

As for UB's posts, I don't have a like minded bro so welcome them.

I find what HEW, Subroc, Eric J, Julie R, Brian W, Bon M, Luvy, Cary, roadkill & UB's posts are generally interesting & contain thought beyond the posting of a link which I don't mind. M&K, Duk4, the guy from NC that got a new job are also on that list.

I also find that having dnf on ignore is a peace of mind, there was nothing originating from that source any way. Many of that ilk are incapable of a serious use of the thought process or they would not post or believe what they do. If we have no more religious discussions it will not bother me. The least they could do is ID the darn thing so those of us not interested could leave it.

Everyone have a great weekend!!!!!!!!!!!

I could not help but notice that the ones in bold all seem to be righties so no wonder you find them interesting. Anyone with a slightly different point of view you do not want to bother with. Typical right wing mentality.

M&K's Retrievers
03-25-2011, 10:48 PM

Bon, I'm not sure RP has original thoughts. Having said that...

Several posters, I think, cite articles to encourage debate, discussion or ask a question not to steal the idea as their own.

Just a thought regards,

Marvin S
03-25-2011, 11:15 PM
I could not help but notice that the ones in bold all seem to be righties so no wonder you find them interesting. Anyone with a slightly different point of view you do not want to bother with. Typical right wing mentality.

I'm sure some would take offense at your characterization but I missed a couple, Gerry & JD. But keep the jokes coming, you have a knack for that :).

Uncle Bill
03-26-2011, 01:31 PM

As usual Roger, you got it incorrect again. As I've posted on several occasions, my #2 axiom when dealing with a hanging chad such as yourself is: If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong!

UB