PDA

View Full Version : School cuts turn Wisconsin Republicans against Walker

Roger Perry
03-25-2011, 12:18 PM
A growing number of Republicans in embattled Wisconsin are showing buyer’s remorse over their votes forGOP (http://www.gop.com/) Gov. Scott Walker.
They’re not happy with his attempts to destroy the public school system in the state.
“He’s trying to balance the budget on the backs of teachers,” Bar Feest of suburban Milwaukee told The Associated Press. “It took so long to get our schools where they are, and they’re going to cut in town in, what, two years? It’s not right.”
Feest, a Republican says she’s sorry she voted for Walker and wished she could take that vote back now that she’s seen how his proposed budget will gut the public school system in Wisconsin.

At a public forum in Brookfield, a number of Republicans say they’re sorry they voted for Walker.
“I voted for him because I wanted some restraint on frivolous spending,” teacher Ronn Blaha told the AP. “I did not anticipate that he considered education a frivolity.”

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/39942

Looks like voters are starting to wake up. The bloom is off the roses. :lol:

road kill
03-25-2011, 12:21 PM
A growing number of Republicans in embattled Wisconsin are showing buyer’s remorse over their votes forGOP (http://www.gop.com/) Gov. Scott Walker.
They’re not happy with his attempts to destroy the public school system in the state.
“He’s trying to balance the budget on the backs of teachers,” Bar Feest of suburban Milwaukee told The Associated Press. “It took so long to get our schools where they are, and they’re going to cut in town in, what, two years? It’s not right.”
Feest, a Republican says she’s sorry she voted for Walker and wished she could take that vote back now that she’s seen how his proposed budget will gut the public school system in Wisconsin.

At a public forum in Brookfield, a number of Republicans say they’re sorry they voted for Walker.
“I voted for him because I wanted some restraint on frivolous spending,” teacher Ronn Blaha told the AP. “I did not anticipate that he considered education a frivolity.”

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/39942

Looks like voters are starting to wake up. The bloom is off the roses. :lol:

That is BULL SHAT!!!

But then again, it is Roger posting.

We have an election here next week, let's all see what happens.

BTW Roger, if you are going to copy me get it right.

The "blush is off the rose."
And that applies to your union crybaby bosses and your flee baggers.

RK

JDogger
03-25-2011, 12:33 PM
That is BULL SHAT!!!

But then again, it is Roger posting.

We have an election here next week, let's all see what happens.

BTW Roger, if you are going to copy me get it right.

The "blush is off the rose."
And that applies to your union crybaby bosses and your flee baggers.

RK

Fixed it for ya. ;)

Completely unscientific, but a search in Google for "bloom is off the rose" as a phrase gives 1030 hits. A similar search for "blush is off the rose" gives 42 hits. So the more popular usage is "bloom".

Of course, "blush" could be correct if there is an original source floating around out there. I had no luck finding anything about the origins of this phrase anywhere though. Maybe because it's so obvious?

However, this may well be a case of the educated minority knowing and the teeming masses not knowing.

JD

Roger Perry
03-25-2011, 12:36 PM
RK, here is an article taken directly from a Milwaukee newspaper:

School cuts raise doubts
among some GOP voters

March 25, 2011

http://www.gmtoday.com/news/front/images/0325voter_doubts01.jpg
In a March 16 photo, students make their way to classes at Brookfield East High School Wednesday, in Brookfield , Wis. Almost five months after the election, some Republican voters are having doubts about their choices at the ballot box. Although they consider themselves fiscal conservatives, many of the same people who put Gov. Scott Walker and other GOP leaders into office are now having second thoughts, largely because the cuts they are seeking could put the quality of their cherished local schools at risk.

BROOKFIELD - Barb Feest wishes she could take back her vote for Wisconsin governor.
The suburban Milwaukee woman cast her ballot for Republican Scott Walker in November. But she could only shake her head recently as she listened at a public forum to how Walker's proposed budget cuts could affect schools.
"He's trying to balance the budget on the backs of teachers," Feest said. "It took so long to get our schools where they are, and they're going to cut it down in, what, two years? It's not right."
Almost five months after the election, Feest and some other Republican voters are having doubts about their choices at the ballot box. Although they consider themselves fiscal conservatives, many of the same people who put Walker and other GOP leaders into office are now having second thoughts, largely because the cuts they are seeking could put the quality of their cherished local schools at risk.
To ease a projected $3.6 billion budget deficit, Walker has sought to eliminate collective-bargaining rights for most public employees, including teachers — a move that has stirred an intense national debate about union rights and drawn tens of thousands of protesters to the Capitol.
But that's not Walker's only school-related proposal. His two-year spending plan includes an 8 percent cut in aid to schools — about $835 million. And he wants to require districts to reduce their property-tax authority by an average of $550 per pupil — a move that makes it more difficult for schools to compensate for the lost money.
The forum drew about 100 people, and about half, including Feest, came to find out how bad the cuts would be and express their support for teachers. The others who spoke supported Walker's proposals, and some even suggested the governor seek more teacher concessions such as raising the minimum retirement age above 55.
High school math teacher Ronn Blaha, 41, said he felt like a "punch-drunk boxer," taking one hit after another from the community because Walker had completely vilified the entire teaching profession.
"I voted for him because I wanted some restraint on frivolous spending," Blaha told The Associated Press, adding that he now regrets his vote. "I did not anticipate that he considered education a frivolity."

http://www.gmtoday.com/news/front/topstory02.asp

Now tell me this BS;-)

road kill
03-25-2011, 12:38 PM
Fixed it for ya. ;)

Completely unscientific, but a search in Google for "bloom is off the rose" as a phrase gives 1030 hits. A similar search for "blush is off the rose" gives 42 hits. So the more popular usage is "bloom".

Of course, "blush" could be correct if there is an original source floating around out there. I had no luck finding anything about the origins of this phrase anywhere though. Maybe because it's so obvious?

However, this may well be a case of the educated minority knowing and the teeming masses not knowing.

JD

Been looking at "straight dope" have ya there dog???

What does The blush is off the rose mean?
In: Famous Quotations, Names and Name Meanings, Literary Devices and Figures of Speech [Edit categories] [Improve]

It means something is past its best.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_The_blush_is_off_the_rose_mean#ixzz1Hd6u ukhU

If you search this forum, you will see that I used the term earlier and Roger wants so desperately to be a big boy.

RK

road kill
03-25-2011, 12:40 PM
RK, here is an article taken directly from a Milwaukee newspaper:

School cuts raise doubts
among some GOP voters

March 25, 2011
http://www.gmtoday.com/news/front/images/0325voter_doubts01.jpg
In a March 16 photo, students make their way to classes at Brookfield East High School Wednesday, in Brookfield , Wis. Almost five months after the election, some Republican voters are having doubts about their choices at the ballot box. Although they consider themselves fiscal conservatives, many of the same people who put Gov. Scott Walker and other GOP leaders into office are now having second thoughts, largely because the cuts they are seeking could put the quality of their cherished local schools at risk.

BROOKFIELD - Barb Feest wishes she could take back her vote for Wisconsin governor.
The suburban Milwaukee woman cast her ballot for Republican Scott Walker in November. But she could only shake her head recently as she listened at a public forum to how Walker's proposed budget cuts could affect schools.
"He's trying to balance the budget on the backs of teachers," Feest said. "It took so long to get our schools where they are, and they're going to cut it down in, what, two years? It's not right."
Almost five months after the election, Feest and some other Republican voters are having doubts about their choices at the ballot box. Although they consider themselves fiscal conservatives, many of the same people who put Walker and other GOP leaders into office are now having second thoughts, largely because the cuts they are seeking could put the quality of their cherished local schools at risk.
To ease a projected $3.6 billion budget deficit, Walker has sought to eliminate collective-bargaining rights for most public employees, including teachers — a move that has stirred an intense national debate about union rights and drawn tens of thousands of protesters to the Capitol.
But that's not Walker's only school-related proposal. His two-year spending plan includes an 8 percent cut in aid to schools — about $835 million. And he wants to require districts to reduce their property-tax authority by an average of $550 per pupil — a move that makes it more difficult for schools to compensate for the lost money.
The forum drew about 100 people, and about half, including Feest, came to find out how bad the cuts would be and express their support for teachers. The others who spoke supported Walker's proposals, and some even suggested the governor seek more teacher concessions such as raising the minimum retirement age above 55.
High school math teacher Ronn Blaha, 41, said he felt like a "punch-drunk boxer," taking one hit after another from the community because Walker had completely vilified the entire teaching profession.
"I voted for him because I wanted some restraint on frivolous spending," Blaha told The Associated Press, adding that he now regrets his vote. "I did not anticipate that he considered education a frivolity."

http://www.gmtoday.com/news/front/topstory02.asp

Now tell me this BS;-)

It is BS, like all of your crap you post.
Just another SOILING.

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel does not even know anyone who is Republican.
It is as left wing as you can get.
Hence the declining subscriptions.

RK

JDogger
03-25-2011, 12:47 PM
Been looking at "straight dope" have ya there dog??? Yup, the net has an answer for everyone.

What does The blush is off the rose mean?
In: Famous Quotations, Names and Name Meanings, Literary Devices and Figures of Speech [Edit categories] [Improve]

It means something is past its best.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_The_blush_is_off_the_rose_mean#ixzz1Hd6u ukhU

If you search this forum, you will see that I used the term earlier and Roger wants so desperately to be a big boy.

RK

So...This time you StAaarrtTeeed it.

Roger Perry
03-25-2011, 01:00 PM
It is BS, like all of your crap you post.
Just another SOILING.

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel does not even know anyone who is Republican.
It is as left wing as you can get.
Hence the declining subscriptions.

RK

RK, this is information straight out of the Milwaukee newspaper. Are you saying they are lying?????? Do you think if I did a search of other newspapers in the area would the same story come up????

road kill
03-25-2011, 01:03 PM
RK, this is information straight out of the Milwaukee newspaper. Are you saying they are lying?????? Do you think if I did a search of other newspapers in the area would the same story come up????

Yes, they are lieing, they are trumping up a story.
Fact is....YOU KNOW THAT!!

Like I said, there is an election in WI next week, let's see what happens then.

Let's see if the Union runs WI or the taxpayers.

Please Roger, take your meds.....

RK

Buzz
03-25-2011, 01:06 PM
Hope you're making phone calls and knocking on doors RK.

Franco
03-25-2011, 01:08 PM
Please Roger, take your meds.....

RK

Zyprexa? ;-)

Uncle Bill
03-25-2011, 02:38 PM
Zyprexa? ;-)

Roger's been filling up on rabbit turds...he heard they were "get smart pills", so he's trying to overcome his lack of intelligence.:rolleyes:

Keep wallowing, Roger....you do it so well. Hate to think you'd give up your title of Florida's original hanging chad.

UB

dnf777
03-25-2011, 03:01 PM
Roger's been filling up on rabbit turds...he heard they were "get smart pills", so he's trying to overcome his lack of intelligence.:rolleyes:

Keep wallowing, Roger....you do it so well. Hate to think you'd give up your title of Florida's original hanging chad.

UB

Man! I just commented that almost everything you say is cut and pasted...no original words.

Oh, but I did say unless it was to insult or name call......so my words still ring true!! :D

(and those aren't original either....my Grandfather told me that joke back in the Reagan years....something about why Nancy had rabbits in the rose garden....)

Uncle Bill
03-25-2011, 03:15 PM
Man! I just commented that almost everything you say is cut and pasted...no original words.

Oh, but I did say unless it was to insult or name call......so my words still ring true!! :D

(and those aren't original either....my Grandfather told me that joke back in the Reagan years....something about why Nancy had rabbits in the rose garden....)

NOTHING ABOUT YOU...YOUR WORDS...OR YOUR "INDEPENDANCE" IS TRUE! IT'S ALL PHONEY.:o

Even your 'Grandfather' story is a lie. He related the "smart pills" story to you as he watched you eating them...and that wasn't during the Reagan years...that was just last summer. You MIGHT eventually learn.

UB

Buzz
03-25-2011, 03:18 PM
No wonder my dogs are so smart. They clean them things off the top of the snow in winter like little vacuum cleaners. Then I have to treat the damn giardia infections...

dnf777
03-25-2011, 03:57 PM
NOTHING ABOUT YOU...YOUR WORDS...OR YOUR "INDEPENDANCE" IS TRUE! IT'S ALL PHONEY.:o

Even your 'Grandfather' story is a lie. He related the "smart pills" story to you as he watched you eating them...and that wasn't during the Reagan years...that was just last summer. You MIGHT eventually learn.

UB

Hey Billy,

What color are your eyes?

I heard you tried smart pills once, found out you were allergic to them. :D