PDA

View Full Version : Obama aims to cut oil imports by a third

Roger Perry
03-30-2011, 07:05 AM
Obama to give a speech today at 11:20 this morning to explain how we will cut our oil imports by a third.

huntinman
03-30-2011, 07:13 AM
Obama to give a speech today at 11:20 this morning to explain how we will cut our oil imports by a third.

yeah right after he cuts our own driling in half:rolleyes:

I would not believe a speech he gave on how he ties his tie in the mornings...

troy schwab
03-30-2011, 07:17 AM

This oughta be good........ LOL I figure his timeline will be over the next thirty years.........

Buzz
03-30-2011, 08:12 AM
yeah right after he cuts our own driling in half:rolleyes:

I would not believe a speech he gave on how he ties his tie in the mornings...

Got a link for that?

huntinman
03-30-2011, 08:13 AM
Got a link for that?

Obama for president 2012

Roger Perry
03-30-2011, 08:44 AM
Actually Obama said oil imports will be cut by a third in the next 10 years not 30 years.

Over half of the petroleum consumed by the United States is imported, with Canada and Mexico the two largest suppliers, followed by Saudi Arabia and Venezuela.

More than two-thirds of offshore leases in the Gulf of Mexico are sitting idle, neither producing oil and gas, nor being actively explored by the companies who hold the leases, according to a Department of Interior report to be released Tuesday.

Those inactive swaths of the Gulf could potentially hold more than 11 billion barrels of oil and 50 trillion cubic feet of natural gas, Interior said in the report obtained by The Associated Press.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42320624/ns/politics-white_house/

Franco
03-30-2011, 09:12 AM
More than two-thirds of offshore leases in the Gulf of Mexico are sitting idle, neither producing oil and gas, nor being actively explored by the companies who hold the leases, according to a Department of Interior report to be released Tuesday.

No kidding! Hard to drill when there is a ban and only 3 permits issued in the last year.
It is one thing to have a lease, one still needs a permit in order to drill.

Looks like Obama is officially kicking off his 2012 campaign.

huntinman
03-30-2011, 09:14 AM
Actually Obama said oil imports will be cut by a third in the next 10 years not 30 years.

Over half of the petroleum consumed by the United States is imported, with Canada and Mexico the two largest suppliers, followed by Saudi Arabia and Venezuela.

Those inactive swaths of the Gulf could potentially hold more than 11 billion barrels of oil and 50 trillion cubic feet of natural gas, Interior said in the report obtained by The Associated Press.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42320624/ns/politics-white_house/

Ever hear the communist term useful idiots? Just asking...

M&K's Retrievers
03-30-2011, 09:18 AM
No kidding! Hard to drill when there is a ban and only 3 permits issued in the last year.
It is one thing to have a lease, one still needs a permit in order to drill.

Looks like Obama is officially kicking off his 2012 campaign.

He kicked it off in 2009. He is never out of Bull $hit er campaign mode.

Steve Hester
03-30-2011, 09:20 AM
Another feel good alternative energy speech coming.......:rolleyes:

huntinman
03-30-2011, 09:22 AM
Another feel good alternative energy speech coming.......:rolleyes:

Yep, check the air in your tires boys:cool:

Ken Bora
03-30-2011, 09:25 AM
Actually Obama said oil imports will be cut by a third in the next 10 years not 30 years. / (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42320624/ns/politics-white_house/)

Well that is just cause in that short time that many of us will not be able to afford gas for our trucks.
I get the mental image of an Amish farmer pointing at us and going “Naner naner bo bo”
Of course an Amish feller wouldn’t taunt in such a way. Still that is the image I get.

troy schwab
03-30-2011, 10:28 AM
Well that is just cause in that short time that many of us will not be able to afford gas for our trucks.
I get the mental image of an Amish farmer pointing at us and going “Naner naner bo bo”
Of course an Amish feller wouldn’t taunt in such a way. Still that is the image I get.

Sad but true Ken!!!

Goose
03-30-2011, 10:42 AM
I'm surprised he's making this speech in the middle of the day. I didn't think there were any basketball games tonight.

We live in Cuba now.

Buzz
03-30-2011, 10:47 AM

We use 21 million barrels per day. So if you do the math, all that oil will buy us about 525 days.

bobbyb
03-30-2011, 06:01 PM
Are ya'll forgetting about all that oil we will be getting from Brazil..wasn't just last week he sent money to get started and told them we would buy everthing there produced ????
BobbyB
cajun

huntinman
03-30-2011, 06:03 PM
Are ya'll forgetting about all that oil we will be getting from Brazil..wasn't just last week he sent money to get started and told them we would buy everthing there produced ????
BobbyB
cajun

Obama lied...American oil died.

Gerry Clinchy
03-30-2011, 08:48 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42335437/ns/politics-white_house/

The president also ordered government agencies to ensure that by 2015, all new vehicles they purchase are alternative-fuel vehicles, including hybrid and electric. Obama has previously set a goal of putting 1 million electric vehicles on U.S. roads by 2015.

Sounds like a great idea to some people, I imagine.

In PA, however, there is a State mandate for electric companies to reduce residential electric consumption ... or be fined for failing to meet the reduction quotas.

In that vein, our local electric utility has incentivized its customers to switch from electric heat to other forms, like oil and gas :-) In fact, they have offered rebates for users to do this in the past year.

So, if we have to charge those electric cars at home, this will run counter to the State "plan" for reducing electrical consumption.

Try telling a real estate agent to use an electric car to show homes! Might work in NYC, but it sure doesn't work outside a city environment.

Heat homes with other stuff, use what oil available to run the cars until they come up with a realistic solution to the latter.