PDA

View Full Version : Turn out the lights, the tea party is over

Roger Perry
03-31-2011, 06:38 PM
Polls show growing American dissatisfaction with the tea party as voter remorse sets in.
A CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey out Wednesday shows a 21 percent increase in unfavorable views of the tea party with nearly half of all Americans no longer seeing the fake grassroots in a favorable light.

“This is the first time a CNN polls has shown the tea party’s unfavorable ratings as high as those of the other two parties,” CNN Polling Director Keating Holland says. “It looks like the rise in the movement’s unfavorable ratings has come mostly among people who make less than $50,000.”
Half of American households earn less than $50,000 a year and the tea party’s favorable ratings have dropped 15 percentage points with that group, compared with five percent with those making over $50,000.

Tea party advocate Sen. JIm DeMint (R-S.C.) admits his party is in trouble without the tea baggers.
“Unless the tea party stays active, we will wilt,” he said Tuesday.
Around the country, prominent Republicans show a shift away from the rabid right-wing rhetoric of the Tea Party. Barbara Bush supports gay marriage, Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels says the GOP should spend more time on budget and economic issues and less time on social agendas and Sarah Palin’s poll numbers are plummeting.
http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/40101

So y'all want a tea party Presidential canidate do ya????????????????????

BonMallari
03-31-2011, 06:51 PM
NEVER..Count a party or a candidate out especially 18 months BEFORE an election

huntinman
03-31-2011, 07:12 PM
Polls show growing American dissatisfaction with the tea party as voter remorse sets in.
A CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey out Wednesday shows a 21 percent increase in unfavorable views of the tea party with nearly half of all Americans no longer seeing the fake grassroots in a favorable light.

“This is the first time a CNN polls has shown the tea party’s unfavorable ratings as high as those of the other two parties,” CNN Polling Director Keating Holland says. “It looks like the rise in the movement’s unfavorable ratings has come mostly among people who make less than $50,000.”
Half of American households earn less than $50,000 a year and the tea party’s favorable ratings have dropped 15 percentage points with that group, compared with five percent with those making over $50,000.

Tea party advocate Sen. JIm DeMint (R-S.C.) admits his party is in trouble without the tea baggers.
“Unless the tea party stays active, we will wilt,” he said Tuesday.
Around the country, prominent Republicans show a shift away from the rabid right-wing rhetoric of the Tea Party. Barbara Bush supports gay marriage, Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels says the GOP should spend more time on budget and economic issues and less time on social agendas and Sarah Palin’s poll numbers are plummeting.
http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/40101

So y'all want a tea party Presidential canidate do ya????????????????????

Put down the bong Roger... it's almost bedtime.

Roger Perry
03-31-2011, 08:00 PM
Put down the bong Roger... it's almost bedtime.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, when you start a thread about Obama's poll numbers being down that is OK, but when the shoe is on the other foot you resort to childish dribble.:rolleyes:

road kill
03-31-2011, 08:58 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhh, when you start a thread about Obama's poll numbers being down that is OK, but when the shoe is on the other foot you resort to childish dribble.:rolleyes:

So sayeth the KING!!!:rolleyes:

RK

huntinman
03-31-2011, 09:57 PM

Obamas poll numbers ARE down. That is a fact. The Tea party is not down, just reloading.;-)

Buzz
03-31-2011, 10:17 PM
I think they had a few dozen people show up in DC today. Faux was blaming it on the 40 some degree temps. I guess those were warm balmy days in Wisconsin when 100,000 showed up. :)

dnf777
03-31-2011, 10:27 PM
I think they had a few dozen people show up in DC today. Faux was blaming it on the 40 some degree temps. I guess those were warm balmy days in Wisconsin when 100,000 showed up. :)

Hey, I saw video of thousands of people under the Palm trees lining the mall in DC! What do you mean "dozens"?? ;-)

huntinman
03-31-2011, 11:08 PM
You three remind me of these three... Kind of likeable, but you can't get out of your own way.

Cody Covey
04-01-2011, 01:14 PM
This is laughable coming from you. We can count on you being called out on a thread as a liar or at best a pot stirrer who doesn't know the issues and instead of refuting that we get another article from capitalhill.com where you again don't address any of the issues we bring up you just throw out a few insults and post another article on a new thread....

Roger Perry
04-01-2011, 01:23 PM
This is laughable coming from you. We can count on you being called out on a thread as a liar or at best a pot stirrer who doesn't know the issues and instead of refuting that we get another article from capitalhill.com where you again don't address any of the issues we bring up you just throw out a few insults and post another article on a new thread....

Let's see, on the Ron/Rand Paul thread I believe I quoted 2 other sources the Huffington Post and the Washington Post. Anything I brought up on the Wisconsin issue was backed up by articles from the Daily News which is the Milwaukee jorrnal/sentinel. Of course that is not something you would see on the fair and balanced Faux News though would you?

Franco
04-01-2011, 01:40 PM
As long as the Tea Party stays on message, that of fiscal responsibilty they will be alright. Now, if they start adding more issues to thier platform, they would be in trouble.

Diminished influence? Heck, the are getting ready to force the Dems to shut down the Fed Gov!

Dems won't agree to any meaningful budget cuts. They just want to keep on printing and borrowing money raising the debt ceiling.

I just hope the Republicans are strong enough to draw a line in the sand and stick with thier measily 60 billion in cuts and go after a trillion in cuts next year.