PDA

View Full Version : The Constitutional hypocrisy of Ron Paul

Roger Perry
03-31-2011, 05:55 PM
Fringe Republican CongressmanRon Paul (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Paul)‘s rabid supporters often cite his belief and knowledge of the U.S. Constitution as reasons for their cult-like support of him and his son, freshman Kentucky Sen.Rand Paul (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rand_Paul).

So what’s the great Constitutional scholar up to now? Returning to his racist past by advocating nullification of the Constitution by states that disagree with federal laws.
This regresses the nation back by nearly a half-century to the days of theSouthern Manifesto (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Manifesto), a racist document designed to allow states to avoid integration and civil rights.
This is the same Ron Paul whose newsletters once published racist rants under his name — although he claims now he didn’t write or approve the columns that ran with his by-line — and he joins his equally-racist son, who claimed during last year’s campaign that businesses that serve the public — like restaurants — should be able to ignore the law and refuse to serve minorities.
http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/40111

That can't be good for anyone wanting to make a run at the Presidency.:rolleyes:

dnf777
03-31-2011, 06:03 PM
That is scary, and unfortunate. I like Ron Paul for many reasons, but this is a complete turn-off. What's really scary, is that he is a smart man, and KNOWS what he is saying. If Sarah Palin said something like this, the correct assumption would be that she does not understand the Nullification movement, and what it meant to the United States. Ron Paul, I'm afraid, does.

If this is really what the tea party stands for, then its no wonder their approval is falling, and concentrating in the really back-woods, anti-everything nut crowd.

They have some very good pillars in their platform, many of which could gather bipartisan support, but when you hear of the corporate funding and organization, it makes one wonder what it truly represents. That's not to take away from the many good people involved, but unfortunately they are being led by kooks (smart kooks) and this is just another example.

I'm very disappointed in Ron Paul. I'm going to unsubscribe from his liberty blog.

huntinman
03-31-2011, 06:24 PM
Roger, your number one problem is believing all the crap you read.

Your number 2 problem is... it isn't going to matter, because Obama is going to be successful at one thing...kicking his own ass in the election. I don't think it matters who we run. He's screwing things up so bad, Joe the Plumber might come out and run rings around him:rolleyes:

Roger Perry
03-31-2011, 06:31 PM
Roger, your number one problem is believing all the crap you read.

Your number 2 problem is... it isn't going to matter, because Obama is going to be successful at one thing...kicking his own ass in the election. I don't think it matters who we run. He's screwing things up so bad, Joe the Plumber might come out and run rings around him:rolleyes:

Weren't you saying the same thing about McCain/Palin?????:rolleyes:

huntinman
03-31-2011, 06:36 PM
Weren't you saying the same thing about McCain/Palin?????:rolleyes:

I don't think so, but take a look and let me know:rolleyes:

dnf777
03-31-2011, 06:38 PM
Joe the Plumber might come out and run rings around him:rolleyes:

You mean that guy whose not really named Joe, and who's not really a plumber?

Where is that guy anyway? I thought he had a promising career in politics ahead of the '08 election?

huntinman
03-31-2011, 06:43 PM
You mean that guy whose not really named Joe, and who's not really a plumber?

Where is that guy anyway? I thought he had a promising career in politics ahead of the '08 election?

•sarcasm: witty language used to convey insults or scorn; "he used sarcasm to upset his opponent"; "irony is wasted on the stupid"; "Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own"--Jonathan Swift

dnf777
03-31-2011, 06:47 PM
•sarcasm: witty language used to convey insults or scorn; "he used sarcasm to upset his opponent"; "irony is wasted on the stupid"; "Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own"--Jonathan Swift

Ah yes, and I can apply sarcasm as well.

But what DID happen to him? Wasn't he the next tea-party Cindarella? I here he gives motivations speeches to troubles youths, while LIVING IN A VAN....DOWN BY THE RIVER!!!!!

Franco
03-31-2011, 07:00 PM
Roger, before you go and post crap like that, don't you think you have a responsibility to check and see if it is true? Or does the truth matter to you?

I'm not going to do your research for you. Go to youtube and listen for yourself what Rand Paul said on MSNBC! He said no such thing and the radical media has twisted it beyond honest.

Ron Paul is concerned with the fact that if we are on the verge of a financial meltdown created by people that think the same way that you do!

Do you really believe in all the garbage you post or is this some sort of cheap entertainment for you?

dnf777
03-31-2011, 07:21 PM
Roger, before you go a post crap like that, don't you think you have a responsibility to check and see if it is true? Or does the truth matter to you?

I'm not going to do you research for you. Go to youtube and listen for yourself what Rand Paul said on MSNBC! He said no such thing and the radical media has twisted it beyond honest.

Ron Paul is concerned with the fact that if we are on the verge of a financial meltdown created by people that think the same way that you do!

Do you really believe in all the garbage you post or is this some sort of cheap entertainment for you?

Franco,
I looked up the speech, and unless the source flat out altered his words, he did say just that. I was very disappointed. Willing to overlook some of his crazy ideas, but THAT cuts to the heart of our republic, and is inexcusable IMO.

Added Paul:
The chances of us getting things changed around soon through the legislative process is not all the good. And that is why I am a strong endorser of the nullification movement, that states like this should just nullify these laws. And in principle, nullification is proper and moral and constitutional, which I believe it is, there is no reason in the world why this country can’t look at the process of, say, not only should we not belong to the United Nations, the United Nations comes down hard on us, telling us what we should do to our families and family values, education and medical care and gun rights and environmentalism. Let’s nullify what the UN tries to tell us to do as well.

I totally agree with not being subject to UN laws or mandates, without consent and approval of Congress (then it is being subject to OUR laws or mandates, if congress adopts them). But to support STATES being able to nullify federal law is not Constitutional. See Article VI.

(and thanks for making me get my Constitution off the shelf and read it again...its good exercise)

Roger Perry
03-31-2011, 07:24 PM
Roger, before you go and post crap like that, don't you think you have a responsibility to check and see if it is true? Or does the truth matter to you?

I'm not going to do your research for you. Go to youtube and listen for yourself what Rand Paul said on MSNBC! He said no such thing and the radical media has twisted it beyond honest.

Here is another source:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/taylor-marsh/rand-paul-on-civil-rights_b_582674.html
Rand Paul on Civil Rights: Private Restaurants Wouldn't Have To Serve Martin Luther King (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/taylor-marsh/rand-paul-on-civil-rights_b_582674.html)

Franco
03-31-2011, 07:29 PM
I read the Huff Post daily. I also know their agenda and Ron Paul is a threat to them making themselves incapable of understand thier short-comings!

Huff Post is all about the big bad Republicans and thier handlers, the Tea Party.

Again, go to youtube an listen for yourself what the man said!

Roger Perry
03-31-2011, 07:40 PM
I read the Huff Post daily. I also know their agenda and Ron Paul is a threat to them making themselves incapable of understand thier short-comings!

Huff Post is all about the big bad Republicans and thier handlers, the Tea Party.

Again, go to youtube an listen for yourself what the man said!

Yet Republicans here quote from the Huff Post quite often.;-)

Franco
03-31-2011, 07:51 PM
Yet Republicans here quote from the Huff Post quite often.;-)

I wouldn't concern myself with what other folks post, I would focus on what I do.

Roger Perry
03-31-2011, 07:55 PM
I wouldn't concern myself with what other folks post, I would focus on what I do.

I see now, the Huff Post is only a good political news source when it writes articles you agree with. Got it.;-)

Franco
03-31-2011, 08:02 PM
I see now, the Huff Post is only a good political news source when it writes articles you agree with. Got it.;-)

Roger, you aren't even making any sense. Are you just pulling stuff out of your ass, saying anything?

Eric Johnson
03-31-2011, 09:02 PM
Roger-

You're quoting a writer that within the month wrote an apology for all the slipshod research and slanted journalism that he's been a party to. Unless you can give a specific citation so that we can check the source, anything from www.capitalhillblue.com should be discarded as suspect. If you post this drivel without a source, then you are being just as unprincipled and unscrupulous as Thompson is.

Eric

huntinman
03-31-2011, 09:12 PM
Roger-

You're quoting a writer that within the month wrote an apology for all the slipshod research and slanted journalism that he's been a party to. Unless you can give a specific citation so that we can check the source, anything from www.capitalhillblue.com should be discarded as suspect. If you post this drivel without a source, then you are being just as unprincipled and unscrupulous as Thompson is.Eric

Which is just par for the course with the BS Roger is posting all the time...

Roger Perry
04-01-2011, 01:19 AM
Roger-

You're quoting a writer that within the month wrote an apology for all the slipshod research and slanted journalism that he's been a party to. Unless you can give a specific citation so that we can check the source, anything from www.capitalhillblue.com (http://www.capitalhillblue.com) should be discarded as suspect. If you post this drivel without a source, then you are being just as unprincipled and unscrupulous as Thompson is.

Eric

Well Eric, I did quote another source, the Huffington Post did you not see that?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/taylor..._b_582674.html

And another source, The Washington Post

Asked for further clarification, Jesse Benton, a spokesman for the Paul campaign, confirmed that Paul does in fact think the Federal government should have the power to ban private businesses from commiting racial discrimination. He told me:
"Civil Rights legislation that has been affirmed by our courts gives the Federal government the right to ensure that private businesses don't discriminate based on race. Dr. Paul supports those powers."That's a reversal from what Paul said last night on Rachel Maddow's show. Maddow asked Paul to clarify his previous expressions of doubt about parts of the Civil Rights Act, querying: "Do you think that a private business has the right to say we don't serve black people?"
"Yes," Paul answered, repeatedly decrying racism but saying he was reluctant to "limit their speech."
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/plum-line/2010/05/rand_paul_spox_fed_govt_should.html

Do I need to give more source references????????????

Roger Perry
04-01-2011, 01:27 AM
Which is just par for the course with the BS Roger is posting all the time...

To you, anything that is not pro republican is bs.;-) Get a grip on reality.:rolleyes:

BonMallari
04-01-2011, 03:51 AM
To you, anything that is not pro republican is bs.;-) Get a grip on reality.:rolleyes:

the TRUTH, Roger lies between the liberal BS that you post and the RWE BS that gets posted on here too...those on here that can make up their own minds and not get sucked in to either extreme side are way ahead of the ball game

to you it may appear to be the truth to YOU, but its just as disingenuous as the crap from the other extreme polar opposite

Now who needs to get a grip ;)

huntinman
04-01-2011, 07:55 AM
To you, anything that is not pro American is bs.;-) Get a grip on reality.:rolleyes:

Fixed it for you...

road kill
04-01-2011, 08:09 AM
the TRUTH, Roger lies between the liberal BS that you post and the RWE BS that gets posted on here too...those on here that can make up their own minds and not get sucked in to either extreme side are way ahead of the ball game

to you it may appear to be the truth to YOU, but its just as disingenuous as the crap from the other extreme polar opposite

Now who needs to get a grip ;)

Oddly Bon, I am a "RWE" because I beleive we are spending money we don't have on stuff we don't need.:cool:

That, to me, is not ideology, that is a statistical fact.

RK

mjh345
04-01-2011, 08:49 AM
Oddly Bon, I am a "RWE" because I beleive we are spending money we don't have on stuff we don't need.:cool:

That, to me, is not ideology, that is a statistical fact.

RK
Very true Stan. However the supposed "RW'er fiscally responsible" faction has been just as bad about spending money we dont have. They just have different priorities{special interests} on which they spend our unborn great grand kids money.
We need to pass a real Balanced budget Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. It needs to come from the people

road kill
04-01-2011, 08:54 AM
Very true Stan. However the supposed "RW'er fiscally responsible" faction has been just as bad about spending money we dont have. They just have different priorities{special interests} on which they spend our unborn great grand kids money.
We need to pass a real Balanced budget Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. It needs to come from the people

That has little to do with my being categorized as a RWE.

I voted for Scott Walker, and he is my political HERO!!!

How does that Aaron Neville song go????

"Tell it like it is?" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz-o1KjhQS4)

RK

Julie R.
04-01-2011, 09:05 AM

No Roger, it's YOU that needs to get a grip on reality;
you've let your obsessive man-love crush on George Bush totally cloud your reality to the point that you believe anything that might harm your hero Obama's re-election chances needs to be posted here as the Gospel.

Well here's some Gospel for you: the classic left wing accusation of RACISM has become so hackneyed and trite that only total morons, the indigent and those fastened firmly on the public teat believe them.

Eric Johnson
04-01-2011, 09:45 AM
Well Eric, I did quote another source, the Huffington Post did you not see that?

Roger-

You started this thread on the subject of Ron Paul and you cited a column from CapitolBlue.

Now you defend what you said with a Huffington Post article on then senatorial candidate Rand Paul.

So...which is it....Ron or his son Rand? The Representative or the Senator? The white-haired chap or the one with the curly hair?

Frankly I don't know if you are this confused or if you confuse the issue purposely. Time after time after time you start a thread on the basis "The sky is purple" but when someone counters the argument you then respond with "But the grass is blue."

Eric

Roger Perry
04-01-2011, 10:42 AM
Roger-

You started this thread on the subject of Ron Paul and you cited a column from CapitolBlue.

Now you defend what you said with a Huffington Post article on then senatorial candidate Rand Paul.

So...which is it....Ron or his son Rand? The Representative or the Senator? The white-haired chap or the one with the curly hair?

Frankly I don't know if you are this confused or if you confuse the issue purposely. Time after time after time you start a thread on the basis "The sky is purple" but when someone counters the argument you then respond with "But the grass is blue."

Eric

Like father like son. Shows the apple does not fall far from the tree.;-) I would say any asperations Ron Paul or Rand Paul had of becoming the next President of the United States are slim to none and slim just left town.

road kill
04-01-2011, 11:02 AM
Like father like son. Shows the apple does not fall far from the tree.;-)(would that same theory hold true if someones father were a Muslim and a Saul Alinsky disciple??) I would say any asperations Ron Paul or Rand Paul had of becoming the next President of the United States are slim to none and slim just left town.

Really, did slim leave with BHO's chances???

RK:D

Roger Perry
04-01-2011, 11:19 AM
Really, did slim leave with BHO's chances???

RK:D
Hey, put Ron and Rand on the R's ticket. One can run as President and the other VP.

Eric Johnson
04-01-2011, 11:20 AM
Like father like son. Shows the apple does not fall far from the tree.;-) I would say any asperations Ron Paul or Rand Paul had of becoming the next President of the United States are slim to none and slim just left town.

Why won't you identify the original source for the accusations made by Doug Thompson of Capital Blue.

Perhaps you need to pick a character from this website so we'll know how to deal with your blatherings.

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/index.htm

I have a feeling that "Palooka" fits. http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/palooka.htm

Eric

Uncle Bill
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:razz:

That Roger has a knack of dragging some pretty solid folk down to his idiotic level...and as suspected, since he is so experienced in idiocy, he can whip everyone.

And to top it off, with his incredible source of similar unAmerican writers, is it any wonder he is so popular with the dnr666's of this organization, who used to be indecisive, but now he's not so sure.:o

UB

road kill
Hey, put Ron and Rand on the R's ticket. One can run as President and the other VP.

Obama & Biden won......anything is possible!!

RK

Roger Perry
04-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Obama & Biden won......anything is possible!!

RK

Yeah RK, I remember how hyped up you were about the McCain/Palin ticket and how confident you were that they were going to win. Kind of burst your bubble didn't it?

dnf777
04-01-2011, 03:09 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:razz:

That Roger has a knack of dragging some pretty solid folk down to his idiotic level...and as suspected, since he is so experienced in idiocy, he can whip everyone.

And to top it off, with his incredible source of similar unAmerican writers, is it any wonder he is so popular with the dnr666's of this organization, who used to be indecisive, but now he's not so sure.:o

UB

Why can't you make a point without insulting name calling? Are you incapable?

Roger Perry
04-04-2011, 10:26 AM
Anyone watch GMA this morning?????????? Jesse Ventura said he would be willing to be a VP on an independent ticket with Ron Paul as President. Jesse also said Michelle Bachman was his Congresswoman and when asked if she had a shot at being our next President he said "not with my vote.":lol:

luvmylabs23139
04-04-2011, 10:36 AM
Anyone watch GMA this morning?????????? Jesse Ventura said he would be willing to be a VP on an independent ticket with Ron Paul as President. Jesse also said Michelle Bachman was his Congresswoman and when asked if she had a shot at being our next President he said "not with my vote.":lol:

Jesse Ventura as governor was a joke, who cares what he says.

huntinman
04-04-2011, 10:36 AM

Jesse Ventura and Roger Perry.... Just let that sit there for a minute...

Is there any surprise one would be drawn to the other?