PDA

View Full Version : Fed Reserve Lends Money to Gaddafi's Bank

Franco
04-01-2011, 09:02 PM
The news breaking from a peek at the Fed's shananagans reveals where some of the bailout money went.

At a time when credit markets shunned even the most worthy borrowers, foreign banks, including one partly-owned by Muammar Gaddafi's Libya, fled to the Federal Reserve and borrowed at rock-bottom interest rates, Fed documents released Thursday show.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/31/federal-reserve-gaddafi-owned-bank-disclosures_n_843400.html

Franco
04-01-2011, 09:08 PM
Talk about out of control...

Thousands of Pages

The Fed released thousands of pages of secret loan documents under court order, almost three years after Bloomberg LP first requested details of the central bank’s unprecedented support to banks during the financial crisis.
The records -- 894 files in PDF form with 29,346 pages -- reveal for the first time the names of financial institutions that borrowed directly from the central bank through the so- called discount window. The Fed provided the documents after the U.S. Supreme Court this month rejected a banking industry group’s attempt to shield them from public view.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

That they want to hide from tax payers how they are being swindled is more like it.

Wait till you read what's been going on with Fannie and Freddie!

This is scandelous!

They've also bailed out the pension funds of private companies and paid huge 8 figure bonuses to CEO's.

Roger Perry
04-01-2011, 10:18 PM
The news breaking from a peek at the Fed's shananagans reveals where some of the bailout money went.

At a time when credit markets shunned even the most worthy borrowers, foreign banks, including one partly-owned by Muammar Gaddafi's Libya, fled to the Federal Reserve and borrowed at rock-bottom interest rates, Fed documents released Thursday show.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/31/federal-reserve-gaddafi-owned-bank-disclosures_n_843400.html

Franco, wasn't it just yesterday that I quoted an article put out by the Huffington Post and got called out for it??????????? You know the one about Rand Paul??????????????

Franco (http://new.retrievertraining.net/forums/member.php?u=23030)

http://new.retrievertraining.net/forums/image.php?u=23030&dateline=1301590190 (http://new.retrievertraining.net/forums/member.php?u=23030)

I read the Huff Post daily. I also know their agenda and Ron Paul is a threat to them making themselves incapable of understand thier short-comings!

Huff Post is all about the big bad Republicans and thier handlers, the Tea Party.

Again, go to youtube an listen for yourself what the man said!

Julie R.
04-01-2011, 11:10 PM
Franco, wasn't it just yesterday that I quoted an article put out by the Huffington Post and got called out for it??????????? You know the one about Rand Paul??????????????

No genius, you were called out for starting a thread about an article from CapitolHillBlue a rag as disreputable and deceitful as any grocery store tabloid.

dnf777
04-02-2011, 06:53 AM
No genius, you were called out for starting a thread about an article from CapitolHillBlue a rag as disreputable and deceitful as any grocery store tabloid.

They reprinted a direct quote from Ron Paul, regarding nullification. I found that disappointing, as I am a supporter of Ron's.

Are you suggesting they fabricated his quotation? If so, please let me know, as that is a "game changer" if he truly said those words.

I have never heard of capitolhillblue, let along read anything of theirs or that author, but I find it unlikely they would just make up a quote like that.

Roger Perry
04-02-2011, 09:15 AM
They reprinted a direct quote from Ron Paul, regarding nullification. I found that disappointing, as I am a supporter of Ron's.

Are you suggesting they fabricated his quotation? If so, please let me know, as that is a "game changer" if he truly said those words.

I have never heard of capitolhillblue, let along read anything of theirs or that author, but I find it unlikely they would just make up a quote like that.

Capitalhillblue claims to be the oldest political newsite on the internet. But I also quoted sources from the Huffington Post and the Washington Post on what Rand Paul said. There were also many outher sources I could have qouted but I thought 3 would sufice.;-)

dnf777
04-02-2011, 11:16 AM
Capitalhillblue claims to be the oldest political newsite on the internet. But I also quoted sources from the Huffington Post and the Washington Post on what Rand Paul said. There were also many outher sources I could have qouted but I thought 3 would sufice.;-)

Sure. But not surprisingly, the comments turned at attacking YOU, and ignoring the very disturbing comments made by Paul.

If he was misquoted, that is very wrong. So far all I've seen is people attacking you and the website, NOTHING of substance as to whether he made those comments.

Perhaps noboby understands the nullification movement, and the implications of supporting it??

I'd like to have a civil discussion on this matter, if everyone would agree.

luvmylabs23139
04-02-2011, 01:13 PM
So lets see, Big Roger can attack a news stoy because it comes from fox and of couse little Roger defends him even after the actual video backing it up is provided by anothe source and big Roge never has to admit it was legit story?????
Still waiting for big Roger to retract his attack of fox on that one.

dnf777
04-02-2011, 01:20 PM
So lets see, Big Roger can attack a news stoy because it comes from fox and of couse little Roger defends him even after the actual video backing it up is provided by anothe source and big Roge never has to admit it was legit story?????
Still waiting for big Roger to retract his attack of fox on that one.

I'm still waiting for a rightie to grow up and make one post without name-calling. :D Not holding my breath though. There's a few, and to them, I apologize for grouping you in with the kids here. Why do you guys CONSTANTLY name call? Are you incapable of adult discussion? Really? Its getting so old.

HOw 'bout it Luv, did Paul say those things or not? I'm asking a legitimate question. Roger cited several references, you have nothing but name calling. If that site lied, I'd like to know. To this point, Ron, nor anyone else, deserves to be misquoted like that. Did he say it or not?

luvmylabs23139
04-02-2011, 01:44 PM
I'm still waiting for a rightie to grow up and make one post without name-calling. :D Not holding my breath though. There's a few, and to them, I apologize for grouping you in with the kids here. Why do you guys CONSTANTLY name call? Are you incapable of adult discussion? Really? Its getting so old.

HOw 'bout it Luv, did Paul say those things or not? I'm asking a legitimate question. Roger cited several references, you have nothing but name calling. If that site lied, I'd like to know. To this point, Ron, nor anyone else, deserves to be misquoted like that. Did he say it or not?

Why won't Roger admit that Fox did not lie?
Until he admits what has been placed in font of him their is no reason to prove or dispove anything he types!

Eric Johnson
04-02-2011, 03:41 PM

No. Roger posted a message which quoted only secondary sources. Then Roger started confusing Representative Ron Paul and his son Senator Rand Paul. However, if you've never seen CapitalBlue, you need to check Roger's posts more closely. A couple of weeks ago, an article was cited (primary source) in which the CapitalBlue editor admitted to mis-quoting and other shoddy research in preparation of his stories.

Basically it was a tawdry episode at which Roger got caught mixing and matching as he saw fit, regardless of the truth or source.

Eric

dnf777
04-02-2011, 07:01 PM
No. Roger posted a message which quoted only secondary sources. Then Roger started confusing Representative Ron Paul and his son Senator Rand Paul. However, if you've never seen CapitalBlue, you need to check Roger's posts more closely. A couple of weeks ago, an article was cited (primary source) in which the CapitalBlue editor admitted to mis-quoting and other shoddy research in preparation of his stories.

Basically it was a tawdry episode at which Roger got caught mixing and matching as he saw fit, regardless of the truth or source.

Eric

I don't take anything I read on the internet at face value. That is why I'm asking if anyone has evidence one way or the other, as to the validity of that quote. It is very damaging, at least to anyone who understands nullification. As a Ron Paul supporter, I am especially interested to know if that is true or not. Not sure why that inquiry elicits name calling from some. (not you)

That was the first time I've been to or heard of capitolblue's website. Most of what Roger posts I've heard or verify through other sources.

Nate_C
04-05-2011, 01:37 PM
You do realize the Fed is self funded from the banks themselves right? When they bails out a bank or loan money out is it the banks own money (or other banks). The Fed is there to stabilize and for the good of the banks.
It also doesn't get into politics. If the bank was in good standing it gets the money. If the government didn't want to have dealings with Libya then the commerce department needed to put them on the banned list and force it to sell the US subsidiary.

Franco
04-05-2011, 02:41 PM
You do realize the Fed is self funded from the banks themselves right? When they bails out a bank or loan money out is it the banks own money (or other banks). The Fed is there to stabilize and for the good of the banks.
It also doesn't get into politics. If the bank was in good standing it gets the money. If the government didn't want to have dealings with Libya then the commerce department needed to put them on the banned list and force it to sell the US subsidiary.

You may want to research that first comment.

Yes, we all know the Fed is there for the banks and not tax payers.

You forgot to mention that they are very good in having the Treasury print money.

P S
Why do you suppose the Fed has fought so long and hard against being audited?

troy schwab
04-05-2011, 03:39 PM

Somebody just stepped out of economics class.......LOL

Nate_C
04-06-2011, 11:57 AM
You may want to research that first comment.

Yes, we all know the Fed is there for the banks and not tax payers.

You forgot to mention that they are very good in having the Treasury print money.

P S
Why do you suppose the Fed has fought so long and hard against being audited?

What are you talking about. Certainly the Fed and the Treasury work together and make suggestions to one another but the Fed has absolutely no direct control on new currency creation (except to replace damaged bills). It does control currency circulation through open market and bank policy actions but that is a different subject. The fed gets its money from Bank fees and deposits into the fed, open market operations, and currency holdings. When a fed makes a lone it does not represent tax payer dollars. Infact the Fed often deposits 20-30 billion a year into the treasury's general account.

If you are talking about TARP that is a treasury program not a FR one. It is funded by tax revenue but I have heard estimates that to total loss for that program will be as low as 19 billion (not the 700 billion) people throw around.

Franco
04-06-2011, 12:25 PM
I've asked you twice and here is the third, why has the Fed fought every attempt to be audited?

Why did the Treasury(USA Tax Payers) have to bailout both domestic and foreign banks since the Fed is so solvent?

And, lets not forget that the Fed is the enemy of a Free Market with the way they try and manipulate interest rates, thus hampering any real recovery!

From Reason.com

Mr. Bernanke for the first time addressed concerns that the impasse in Congress over tough spending cuts and tax increases needed to bring down deficits will eventually force the Fed to accommodate deficits by printing money and buying Treasury bonds — effectively financing the deficit on behalf of Congress and spurring inflation in the process.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

An UnAmerican policy to me!

Nate_C
04-07-2011, 10:18 AM
The Fed is audited multiple times per year by the GAO and private firms. Yes there are limits and not all the information is public. Mainly because they don't want a bunch of ignorant congressmen questioning everything they do.

First off, the TARP was just a back stop for the financial sector to sure up markets. Most of the firms they gave money too didn't really need it and were forced to take it (Chase, Wells, Bank of America). Also remember it was alone. Within 2 years every one of the top 50 banks paid back the money with interest. At the same time they have had to write off 10's of billion in defaulted mortgages and credit cards.

It is the American people that wanted something for nothing. Now congress it trying to force them to write down the balance of troubled mortgages. They loaned a guy 400K but it is their fault that the guy bit off more than he could chew, and now have to eat the loss by writing down the mortgage to 350K? Which by the way, he probably can't pay either. What are banks suppose to be people financial babysitters. No, I loaned you 400K and I want 400K plus the agreed upon interest. If you cannot pay it I am sorry but I will take the house back.

A lot of bad stuff happened on Wall Street that shouldn't have happened. The Fed should have stepped in more sure but 90% of the issue falls in the hands of the American people, the Wall Street regulatory groups (SEC mostly), and the congressmen that have been pushing home ownership though HUD, Fred, Fannie...ect..... That is why the treasure had to step in and help.

That quote is wrong. The Fed cannot print money. If he said anything like that he was saying that if the treasury started printing money to monetize the debt, the Fed would have to start buying bonds to keep inflation under control.