PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee's Gubernatorial Records Missing

Eric Johnson
04-04-2011, 10:43 PM
This will be interesting reading in the next few days....

Mother Jones: "There's a Mike Huckabee mystery that won't go away. Send a public records request seeking documents from his 12-year stint as Arkansas governor, as Mother Jones did recently, and an eyebrow-raising reply will come back: The records are unavailable, and the computer hard drives that once contained them were erased and physically destroyed by the Huckabee administration as the governor prepared to leave office and launch a presidential bid."

Eric

M&K's Retrievers
04-04-2011, 11:15 PM
You might want to consider the source.

Just thinking regards,

road kill
04-05-2011, 06:41 AM
Huckabee is not the first politician whose records can't be found.

Just sayin'.........

RK

Ken Bora
04-05-2011, 07:07 AM
same happened here in VT. back when Howard Dean ran.
his were court sealed for the sake of the state.
Ya right.....
it is what they all do.

/

luvmylabs23139
04-05-2011, 07:58 AM
Odd that we heard nothing about this during the 2008 primary.
I would have expected the lame stream media to have been all over it back then if it is true.

dnf777
04-05-2011, 08:10 AM
Its always good to consider the source. But things like this will easliy be proven or disproven. The facts will come out.

The real question is, was there anything illegal about him destroying the hard-drives, if in fact, he did.

When I retire a computer tower, I take it out in the field and empty a banana clip of 7.62x39s into it. Erases the drive (or makes it damn hard to retrieve anything that survives!!) and is a helluva lotta fun!

Guess my 2012 gubernatorial run is dead in the water. :(

AmiableLabs
04-05-2011, 04:56 PM
Odd that we heard nothing about this during the 2008 primary. I would have expected the lame stream media to have been all over it back then if it is true.
These are leaks from a Republican POTUS-candidate camp, ie. Romney campaign. (You are correct, if the left reported it, the MSM would have been all over it.)

Last week it was Palin benefiting from the TV/Film Production Tax Credit. The week before that it was Newt Gingrich, and before that Haley Barbour. Again, these did not come from the left, these were from the right, ie. Romney campaign.

Someone knows he is already dinged up pretty bad (ie. Romney-care) and is looking to smear the others before the campaign even begins.

Pawlenty is the next target. Just watch.

These are pre-emptive strikes, bet on it.

Hew
04-05-2011, 05:03 PM
These are leaks from a Republican POTUS-candidate camp, ie. Romney campaign. (You are correct, if the left reported it, the MSM would have been all over it.)

Last week it was Palin benefiting from the TV/Film Production Tax Credit. The week before that it was Newt Gingrich, and before that Haley Barbour. Again, these did not come from the left, these were from the right, ie. Romney campaign.

Someone knows he is already dinged up pretty bad (ie. Romney-care) and is looking to smear the others before the campaign even begins.

Pawlenty is the next target. Just watch.

These are pre-emptive strikes, bet on it.
That's interesting.

It was presumed/rumored that Romney was at the root of all the anti-Palin stories that came out immediately after the last presidential campaign...the supposed bad blood between the Palin and McCain camps, Palin's spending, Palin's wardrobe, Palin's lack of preparedness for the media, the "Wasilla Hillbillies" et al...all the work of longknives within/supportive of the Romneyites.

Dang Mormons.

I kid, I kid. :) :) :)

Leddyman
04-06-2011, 12:35 AM
I never would have supported Huckabee anyway. Fake reverend. Baptist preacher my hairy butt.