PDA

View Full Version : Bottom vs Top Storage in a 2 hole box?

Chris Rosier
04-06-2011, 08:06 AM
Looking for opinions from those of you that have one or the other or both.

I just sold a two hole box with top storage. I didnt have any complaints but Im downsizing trucks and am thinking about going with a bottom drawer so I can add a cargo rack to the top to put coolers, etc on top of the box. Im buying a Tacoma so bed space is gonna be at a premium with a 40" deep box in it.

Adding a cargo rack to a top storage box makes no sense to me because it would be a PIA to get anything out of it if you had a cooler up there.

Thoughts?

mjiorle
04-06-2011, 11:14 AM
Better airflow through dog compartments with the holes up higher. Also less heat radiating from the bed into the dogs. Plus easier access to dogs.
Mike

JBlack
04-06-2011, 11:16 AM
I have had both and just bought a used 2 hole SS box with top storage. Just like anything else, there are pros and cons of each. The reason I like top storage better is that I prefer to have my dog box against the cab and having bottom storage means climbing in/out of the truck more. I cram a ton of stuff in there too and its alot easier to slam the lid than push the drawers in ;) The cons of top storage, besides the few that you mentioned, is that I have heard of some companies putting the fan in the storage area and eating up some storage space. The box I had w/ bottom storage sat VERY tall in the bed and blocked the entire back window. My top storage boxes sit a little shorter and allows for more view out the back. Which ever you decide on, make sure it is well insulated and not the plastic "insulation" that some companies refer to as insulation.
Hope this helps.