PDA

View Full Version : AC360/Even David Gergen is Becomes Fed Up with Teabagger

Losthwy
04-08-2011, 12:10 AM
Watching AC360 tonight David Gergen was talking with a teabagger in a round table discussion on the budget and the possible shutdown of the government. Usually the reserved Gergen is dignified and matter of fact. Tonight, much out of character, he threw his hands up in frustration over the over the comments of a teabagger who wasn't making logical arguments. Even a conservative like Gergan, who has served in three Republican administrations, finds these people impossible.

BonMallari
04-08-2011, 12:48 AM
I am guessing Mr Gergen didnt use the derogatory term " teabagger" when referring to the Tea Party members

Hew
04-08-2011, 12:50 AM
Pssst....David Gergen (and most other sentient beings) doesn't consider David Gergen to be Conservative. Gergen doesn't even consider himself to be a Republican. He claims he's a registered independent. But let's not let the facts get in the way of a really super-duper exciting thread you've started here. Between this one and the Princeton student's term paper thread, you're really stepping up content level on POTUS. Keep bringing your A game, bro!

Nor_Cal_Angler
04-08-2011, 01:49 AM
Watching AC360 tonight David Gergen was talking with a teabagger in a round table discussion on the budget and the possible shutdown of the government. Usually the reserved Gergen is dignified and matter of fact. Tonight, much out of character, he threw his hands up in frustration over the over the comments of a teabagger who wasn't making logical arguments. Even a conservative like Gergan, who has served in three Republican administrations, finds these people impossible.

Seriously.....Just watched the exact same "round table" (replay, AC360 1000pm PST)

1. Never once was there a reference by ANYONE to the term Teabagger.
2. "He threw his hands up in frustration..." Your seriously over exageration what happened, he very calmly raised his hands and didnt even make a sound when he did, just kinda srugged his shoulders as if to say "ok what ever"
3. Her arguments were logical, she challenged them to show her where the democrats are willing to CUT SPENDING, layed out various areas where it needs to be cut and told them mulitpule times she is not happy with either side because they are missing the picture. WE ARE BROKE!!!!

She stated very clearly that, she is open to ANY CUTS and flat out the democrats wont come to the table with any.

They tried to lable her and the teaparty as a party willing to shut down the government over the single issue of stopping funding for planned parenthood.

She counterd with...GIVE US AN ALTERNATIVE...WHERE DO WE SAVE MONEY.

They didnt give ONE stinking area where to save any money and just kept hammering that single point.

What did happen, was as usual the tea party memeber refered to her two counter and AC debaters as properly labled democrates and nothing more than that. What they did was refer to her and the tea party as "wacko's" "extreamists" "rightwing loons" I think I even heard a "nutjob" in there.

Report a truthful account if you will...

NCA

subroc
04-08-2011, 05:02 AM
Here is the exchange:

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/07/video-budget-battle-all-about-politics-says-gergen/

CNN? Really?

Franco
04-08-2011, 05:13 AM
If not for the Tea Party, this country would not be having the debate it is over the 16.6 TRILLION dollar deficit nor the 1.4 TRILLION budget shortfall. The House GOP would have given what the DEms wanted in thier budget a long time ago.

As long as the Tea Party stays focused on the budget and economy, they and the Libetarian Party will grow! They have become such a force that they can not be ignored.

dnf777
04-08-2011, 05:52 AM
Pssst....David Gergen (and most other sentient beings) doesn't consider David Gergen to be Conservative. Gergen doesn't even consider himself to be a Republican. He claims he's a registered independent. But let's not let the facts get in the way of a really super-duper exciting thread you've started here. Between this one and the Princeton student's term paper thread, you're really stepping up content level on POTUS. Keep bringing your A game, bro!

Affix whatever label you want to Mr. Gergen. He has shown himself to be reasonable in many instances, working with numerous administrations, and I'm straining my memory to recall ANY negative comments about his political acumen or advice.

I just heard that discussion on the radio, but had mental images of him throwing his arms in the air, which indeed, is uncharacteristic of him.....whatever nametag you pin on him.

And once again, we see there are two distinct camps......ultra right wing tea party.....and all the other worthless imbeciles that pretend to be republican or independents. I know, I'm one of them. :rolleyes:

Did you hear her comments, Hew? I would be very interested to hear what you thought. I suspect there were conservatives all over who were praying for a commercial break, or a broken mic, or anything to shut her up!

road kill
04-08-2011, 06:27 AM

The term "Tea Bagger" is offensive.
There is no excuse for using it, none.

It is a derogatory slang term having a definition in based sexual inuendo.

Quote:
Tea bag (sexual act)From Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to:
navigation, search

A woman performing ******** on a man's *******, To tea bag is a slang term for the act of a man placing his ******* in the mouth of a sexual partner. The practice resembles dipping a tea bag into a cup of tea when it is done in a repeated in-and-out motion. As a form of non-penetrative sex, it can be done for its own enjoyment or as foreplay.

To pretend anything else is intellectually dishonest.
If by some 1 in a million chance someone was not aware of this well known fact, consider yourself now informed.

Just tryin' to help..........

RK

subroc
04-08-2011, 07:06 AM
...And once again, we see there are two distinct camps......ultra right wing tea party.....and all the other worthless imbeciles that pretend to be republican or independents. I know, I'm one of them...

I hope I get all the coffee out of my keyboard that I just spit up from laughing with my mouth full. I am not sure you pretend to be a republican or an independent. You state it pretty regularly, all evidence to the contrary.

I really only have one question, in what way do you see or view "tea partiers" as ultra right wing?

I didn't know wanting to cut taxes was an extreme position.

Franco
04-08-2011, 07:25 AM
I support both the Tea Party and the Libetarian Party's attempt to eliminate the deficit and balance the budget. Taking on Planned Parenthood and abortion is a losing proposition for the Tea Party. They are straying from the message which should be about the budget and deficit.

However, targeting Planned Parenthood is not only a losing proposition for the Tea Party, it will be used against them by the media. Instead fo making a stand on PP, they should be making a stand on other cuts that won't alienate the middle. Because, in order to win in 2012, they are going to need that middle.

They would have more cred fighting for cuts in pork/earmarks.

Having read most of Sen. Ryan's proposed budget, I like Rand Paul's budget plan much better. In Ryan's plan, we would still have nearly 10 trillion in deficits that he is not addressing. Paul's budget plan eliminates the deficit in 5 to 6 years.

huntinman
04-08-2011, 07:38 AM

Lost, we have had this battle on here a few times already. If you have nothing better to do than use a foul, disgusting term in reference to people you disagree with, I suggest you need to take a long look in the mirror.

Hew
04-08-2011, 08:23 AM
Affix whatever label you want to Mr. Gergen. He has shown himself to be reasonable in many instances, working with numerous administrations, and I'm straining my memory to recall ANY negative comments about his political acumen or advice.

I just heard that discussion on the radio, but had mental images of him throwing his arms in the air, which indeed, is uncharacteristic of him.....whatever nametag you pin on him. I didn't "affix a label" or "pin a nametag" on David Gergen. David Gergen has stated that he considers himself an independent. David Gergen has stated that's he registered to vote as an Independent. You see the difference there, right?

And once again, we see there are two distinct camps......ultra right wing tea party.....and all the other worthless imbeciles that pretend to be republican or independents. I know, I'm one of them. :rolleyes: That's a little harsh and self-loathing, but if the loafer fits....

Did you hear her comments, Hew? I would be very interested to hear what you thought. I suspect there were conservatives all over who were praying for a commercial break, or a broken mic, or anything to shut her up! She could have spoken in Pig Latin with a melting ice cream cone perched precariously on her head and made an utter fool of herself and it still would have absolutely no bearing on my previous comments. Losthway trying to characterize Gergen as a conservative in order to make his point was absurd and self-serving.

Since you asked my opinion on her performance, I watched the video. Yeah, she didn't do a good job with the Planned Parenthood question. So apparently your response is that the entire Tea Party movement is bankrupt because the gal was out-matched by three media pros who have more combined time in front of a camera than she does on Earth? I would have thought you of all people would be defending her. You both claim independence from political parties. You both claim to be deficit hawks. You both appear socially awkward at times. You both find yourselves frequently outmatched in a political discussion. She should be your dream girl and you should be going all Travis Bickell on her. :D

BrianW
04-08-2011, 08:58 AM
Portugal has just gone over the edge of the precipice and appealed to the IMF for a bailout.
With PBO & Reid behind the wheel, we're going over the cliff at 100 mph and under the current moderate "deal", we merely slow down to, maybe, 80.

There can be no compromise when it comes to suicide, imo. If that's being "stuck on ideology", just go ahead & label me "extreme".

Fwiw, I think we need a "shutdown", if for no other reason than to give folks a "preview of coming attractions" of life as a 3rd world country under the auspices of the IMF if we don't stop this insanity.

dnf777
04-08-2011, 09:05 AM
I hope I get all the coffee out of my keyboard that I just spit up from laughing with my mouth full. I am not sure you pretend to be a republican or an independent. You state it pretty regularly, all evidence to the contrary.

I really only have one question, in what way do you see or view "tea partiers" as ultra right wing?

I didn't know wanting to cut taxes was an extreme position.

Didn't realize you had a "drinking problem". ;)

Since when is running the national debt over $10 trillion conservative either?
You are right, I am a deficit hawk, and support cuts completely and FAIRLY. That does NOT mean cutting home heating subsidies, while giving tax credits to multinational corporations. I thought you would agree with that. Sacrafice must be shared, to be accepted.

Losthwy
04-08-2011, 09:25 AM
However, targeting Planned Parenthood is not only a losing proposition for the Tea Party, it will be used against them by the media. Instead fo making a stand on PP, they should be making a stand on other cuts that won't alienate the middle. Because, in order to win in 2012, they are going to need that middle.
They would have more cred fighting for cuts in pork/earmarks.

That was what David Gergan was trying to get through to her as well. He mention that PP was small matter compared to the overall budget and 2012. She didn't want to hear any of it.
Their support may be slipping. A new poll from the Washington Post and ABC shows that support for the tea party movement appears to be slipping, reports the Right Now blog (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/polls/postpoll_060810.html):

The percentage who hold an unfavorable view of the movement rose from 39% in March to 50%.
The decline is particularly sharp among 18- to 29-year-olds, whose views shifted from a positive 43%-38% to a negative 27%-60%.
45% of white Southerners have an unfavorable view, up from 30%.

Franco
04-08-2011, 09:28 AM
Portugal has just gone over the edge of the precipice and appealed to the IMF for a bailout.
With PBO & Reid behind the wheel, we're going over the cliff at 100 mph and under the current moderate "deal", we merely slow down to, maybe, 80.

There can be no compromise when it comes to suicide, imo. If that's being "stuck on ideology", just go ahead & label me "extreme".

Fwiw, I think we need a "shutdown", if for no other reason than to give folks a "preview of coming attractions" of life as a 3rd world country under the auspices of the IMF if we don't stop this insanity.

A shut down now would do a lot of damage to the GOP since the Dems and media are hanging the impass on funding for Planned Parenthood. The overwhelming majority see the need for it and are Pro Choice.

I've been warning the Tea Party supporters that if they stray from the message of balancing the budget and eliminating the deficit, that it would come back to haunt them. Inserting other political issues into the debate, especially the abortion issue, will only weaken the Tea Party's chances.

luvmylabs23139
04-08-2011, 09:30 AM
Didn't realize you had a "drinking problem". ;)

Since when is running the national debt over $10 trillion conservative either?
You are right, I am a deficit hawk, and support cuts completely and FAIRLY. That does NOT mean cutting home heating subsidies,.

OK, please explain to me why I should pay for someone to turn their heat way up while we cut firewood, deal with cleaning out the woodstove and everything that goes along with it. I haul wood all winter and deal with the mess to reduce my heating bill which also reduces my electric consumption which helps reduce electric consumption but yet I pay for someone elses bill. Screw that crap.

luvmylabs23139
04-08-2011, 09:43 AM

If by some 1 in a million chance someone was not aware of this well known fact, consider yourself now informed.

RK
Add me to this list of now informed. First I ever heard of it in a sexual context, and I am far from niave. I'm the one that attempted to explain gerbilling in non graphic terms. Maybe it is a regional thing? Can't be a generation thing.
Oh good lord I'm defending a liberal. NOT GOOD.

Losthwy
04-08-2011, 09:48 AM

RK
You may be right. Though I can't for the life of me recall such indignation when terms and phrases like "dummycrats", circle jerk, fellate Obama (these came from who have replied to this thread) have been posted here in the last 30 days. Can you?
Just tryin' to help as well.......

road kill
04-08-2011, 09:50 AM
You may be right. Though I can't for the life of me recall such indignation when terms like "dummycrats" have been posted here. Can you?

Is "dummycrat" a slang word for a deviant sexual act?

If so, my apologies.

RK

luvmylabs23139
04-08-2011, 10:02 AM
You may be right. Though I can't for the life of me recall such indignation when terms like "dummycrats" have been posted here. Can you? Just tryin' to help as well.......

Hmm.
DUMMACRAT ( or your version dummycrats) descibes their lack of smarts, there is nothing sexual about the fact that democrats are dumb and have zero common sense.
The fact that they have no clue about economics and somehow think that rewarding( PAYING) people to sit on their fat asses is a good thing is hardly anything to defend.
Give me one good reason why anyone should be given money to do nothing??
why should I bust my ass so the gooberment can steal my money and give it to someone who sits around, eats bon bons, mutilpies like a rabbit, won't keep their legs crossed and then whines that they are being screwed when the are screwing and as a result costing the taxpayers a darn fortune.

huntinman
04-08-2011, 10:05 AM
Hmm.
DUMMACRAT ( or your version dummycrats) descibes their lack of smarts, there is nothing sexual about the fact that democrats are dumb and have zero common sense.
The fact that they have no clue about economics and somehow think that rewarding( PAYING) people to sit on their fat asses is a good thing is hardly anything to defend.
Give me one good reason why anyone should be given money to do nothing??
why should I bust my ass so the gooberment can steal my money and give it to someone who sits around, eats bon bons, mutilpies like a rabbit, won't keep their legs crossed and then whines that they are being screwed when the are screwing and as a result costing the taxpayers a darn fortune.

Here, here...

road kill
04-08-2011, 10:05 AM
Hmm.
Give me one good reason why anyone should be given money to do nothing??why should I bust my ass so the gooberment can steal my money and give it to someone who sits around, eats bon bons, mutilpies like a rabbit, won't keep their legs crossed and then whines that they are being screwed when the are screwing and as a result costing the taxpayers a darn fortune.

VOTES!!!!
Pretty simple really.

RK

Hew
04-08-2011, 10:07 AM
A shut down now would do a lot of damage to the GOP since the Dems and media are hanging the impass on funding for Planned Parenthood. The overwhelming majority see the need for it and are Pro Choice. You're projecting again. The "overwhelming majority" are not Pro Choice. In fact, not even a majority consider themselves as pro choice: http://www.gallup.com/poll/118399/more-americans-pro-life-than-pro-choice-first-time.aspx

I've been warning the Tea Party supporters that if they stray from the message of balancing the budget and eliminating the deficit, that it would come back to haunt them. Inserting other political issues into the debate, especially the abortion issue, will only weaken the Tea Party's chances. This is an honest question that I don't already know the answer to...but, do you know for a fact that it is Tea Party members of Congress who have inserted the Planned Parenthood rider into the budget bill? Are there any Tea Party orgs pushing social issues (aside from that obscure group you quoted a few weeks ago)? The lady in the interview was labled by Cnn and/or Cooper as a Tea Party activist, but one of the very first things she said was that she wasn't speaking for the/a Tea Party. I agree, in large part, with what you wrote above...but I'm not sure your warning fits this budge impasse situation.

Hew
04-08-2011, 10:17 AM
That was what David Gergan was trying to get through to her as well. He mention that PP was small matter compared to the overall budget and 2012. She didn't want to hear any of it.
Their support may be slipping. A new poll from the Washington Post and ABC shows that support for the tea party movement appears to be slipping, reports the Right Now blog (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/polls/postpoll_060810.html):

The percentage who hold an unfavorable view of the movement rose from 39% in March to 50%.
The decline is particularly sharp among 18- to 29-year-olds, whose views shifted from a positive 43%-38% to a negative 27%-60%.
45% of white Southerners have an unfavorable view, up from 30%.
A new poll, you say? Your shill slip is showing. That poll is almost a year old and the March they refer to is March 2010. A "new" poll. "Conservative" David Gergen. The hits just never stop coming from you, do they?

Franco
04-08-2011, 10:21 AM
Hew, have you watched or read any of the news this monring?

All the headlines are stating that the GOP is holding up the budget over funding for Plannned Parenthood. We both know that there is more than just that one issue creating the impass but, the vasy majority if they even pay attention to news only absorb the headlines.

According to your 2009 Gallup Poll, 53% support Abortions under certain conditions.
22.5% said it should be illegal under any conditions and 22.5% said it should be legal under any conditions.

Hew
04-08-2011, 10:35 AM

All the headlines are stating that the GOP is holding up the budget over funding for Plannned Parenthood. Your previous post seemed to insinuate that it is the Tea Party people who are driving the GOP on this Planned Parenthood issue. If that wasn't your insinuation then I apologize. We both know that there is more than just that one issue creating the impass but, the vasy majority if they even pay attention to news only absorb the headlines.

According to your 2009 Gallup Poll, 53% support Abortions under certain conditions.
22.5% said it should be illegal under any conditions and 22.5% said it should be legal under any conditions. Yeah, I know what the poll said. That's why I posted it. Most Americans consider themselves Pro-Life...a far cry from "an overwhelming majority are pro choice," no? Perhaps you should have stuck to "an overwhelming majority of guys named Franco are pro choice." ;)

Edit...I apoligize to myself for ever questioning myself. :) You have more than "insinuated" in this thread:

Taking on Planned Parenthood and abortion is a losing proposition for the Tea Party. They are straying from the message which should be about the budget and deficit.

You may be right...I don't know. I'm just curious as to which Tea Party members are pushing the Planned Parenthood issue?

Buzz
04-08-2011, 10:37 AM
Is "dummycrat" a slang word for a deviant sexual act?

RK

?????????????? :confused::rolleyes:

Buzz
04-08-2011, 10:39 AM

All the headlines are stating that the GOP is holding up the budget over funding for Plannned Parenthood. We both know that there is more than just that one issue creating the impass but, the vasy majority if they even pay attention to news only absorb the headlines.

22.5% said it should be illegal under any conditions and 22.5% said it should be legal under any conditions.

If they want a budget they wouldn't be sticking poison pills into the bill. It's simple as that.

road kill
04-08-2011, 10:40 AM
?????????????? :confused::rolleyes:

He/She tried to equate "dummycrats" to "teabagger."

The distinction is in the definitions.

stan b

huntinman
04-08-2011, 10:46 AM
If they want a budget they wouldn't be sticking poison pills into the bill. It's simple as that.

If the Dems wanted a budget, they would have done it last Oct when it was due by law. But no, they did not want the voters to be reminded of all the crap they stand for prior to the election. Didn't matter, they still got shellacked.

Hew
04-08-2011, 10:57 AM
If the Dems wanted a budget, they would have done it last Oct when it was due by law. But no, they did not want the voters to be reminded of all the crap they stand for prior to the election. Didn't matter, they still got shellacked.
Exactly. In a world without a leftwing mainstream press, that should be the narrative; not Planned Parenthood. The Dems had the stones to vote for a plethora of socialist programs but not the guts to vote to pay for it all?

Roger Perry
04-08-2011, 11:48 AM

RK

There are many words in the English language that have more than one meaning. Teabagger in the urban dictionary is a derogatory term. Teabagger in the dictionary referrs to one belonging to the teaparty movement participants. You complain about the use of the word teabagger but how was it used in the sentence. Was it meant to describe a teaparty participant or used in the Urban sense.
Politics

Tea bag protests, another name for the Tea Party protests (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_Party_protests)
Teabagger, a term for Tea Party movement (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_Party_movement#Use_of_term_.22teabagger.22) participantsThere are many words in the English dictionary that have more than one meaning---- here are a few of them and I will provide a link where you can look up many more.

A

WordBritish English meaningsMeanings common to British and American EnglishAmerican English meaningsA&Ethe accident and emergency (casualty) department of a hospital (US: emergency room, ER) Arts & Entertainment (name of a television network)accumulatorrechargeable battery (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rechargeable_battery) (archaic)
a type of bet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambling) (US: parlay)
one that accumulates, as a type of computer processor register (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accumulator_(computing)) or a hydraulic accumulator (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydraulic_accumulator) ace (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ace_(disambiguation))good, excellent (1980s slang)
a one in a suit of playing cards (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playing_card)
someone who is very good at something. A term in tennis for a point won for the server without the opponent returning his or her serve.
fighter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fighter_aircraft) pilot (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aviator) who has shot down at least 5 enemy aircraft (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft)(v.) to perform outstandingly *; esp., to achieve an A (on a school exam)
the best starting pitcher in a rotation on a baseball teamadvocate (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advocate) (n.)Scottish (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotland) also the Isle of Man, Channel Islands and South African lawyer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawyer) who appears in higher courts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Court) (rest of UK: barrister (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrister))someone who supports or speaks for a particular position
generic term for a lawyer
(v.) to recommend or support air marshal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_marshal)a senior air force officer (equivalent to a USAF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USAF) Lt. General (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lieutenant_General))an undercover law enforcement officer on board a commercial aircraft, also known as a sky marshal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_marshal) à la mode (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%C3%A0_la_mode) fashionablewith ice cream (ex. Apple pie à la mode)alternate (adj.) done or occurring by turns; every second, every other ("on alternate weeks")
(n.) one that alternates with another(adj.) constituting an alternative, offering a choice (UK usu. & US also alternative) ("use alternate routes")
"alternative", unconventional ("alternate lifestyles") (n.) an alternative *; a substitute
amber (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amber_(disambiguation))traffic light of this colour (US: yellow light)orange-yellow colour
fossilised resin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resin); a material used in the construction of some tobacco pipes' stems, female given name; (sealed in amber) state of being oblivious to changing circumstances

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_words_having_different_meanings_in_British _and_American_English#A

huntinman
04-08-2011, 11:52 AM
Its too early to be drinking...you must be smoking. Put down the bong Roger.

luvmylabs23139
04-08-2011, 11:56 AM
Roger,
Shove your left stream BS up where the sun does not shine!
The tea party got its name from the founding of this country
Fught back against taxes and toss the tea in the harbor.
It is the same darn thing. Taxation without representation.
THe catual taxpayers are not given fair respresentation. As long as those who pay zerp federal income taxes can vote to steal from the reeal taxpayers the system is totally messed up.
THE TAXPAYERS should decide how their hard earned money is spent.
WHE SOMEONE WHO STEALS FROM SOMEONE ELSE can dictate it is THEFT!!!!!

Roger Perry
04-08-2011, 12:02 PM
Its too early to be drinking...you must be smoking. Put down the bong Roger.

Well, if you think teabagger was used in the Urban sense then you were either drinking or hitting the bong yourself. Tell me, do you use water in the bong or some other liquid? Could be you use a huka so you and your right wing wacko buddies can sit around and come up with new ways the democrats can cheat on an electronic boting machine. Either that or your mind is always in the gutter.;-)

luvmylabs23139
04-08-2011, 12:06 PM
Well, if you think teabagger was used in the Urban sense then you were either drinking or hitting the bong yourself. Tell me, do you use water in the bong or some other liquid? Either that or your mind is always in the gutter.;-)

Get real. THE ACTUAL TAXPAYERS ARE TIRED OF THE THEFT.
Gov't moochers should have no say. It is taxation without representation.
Those who do not pay should not play!

Uncle Bill
04-08-2011, 12:10 PM
Well, if you think teabagger was used in the Urban sense then you were either drinking or hitting the bong yourself. Tell me, do you use water in the bong or some other liquid? Either that or your mind is always in the gutter.;-)

Mind if I puke??? The "hanging chad of Port St. Lucie" giving the POTUS members of RTF an ENGLISH lesson????:rolleyes:

But I do think it's appropriate that the Rocky Mountain HIIIIIIIII Groupies and the Hanging-Chad clowns are on the same page. When you want a 'cluster', we don't have to look very far.:cool:

UB

huntinman
04-08-2011, 12:26 PM
Well, if you think teabagger was used in the Urban sense then you were either drinking or hitting the bong yourself. Tell me, do you use water in the bong or some other liquid? Could be you use a huka so you and your right wing wacko buddies can sit around and come up with new ways the democrats can cheat on an electronic boting machine. Either that or your mind is always in the gutter.;-)

is that something you smoke through?

Cody Covey
04-08-2011, 12:59 PM

You're not really trying to say that teabagger didn't originate from the sexual connotation are you?

dnf777
04-08-2011, 01:15 PM
OK, please explain to me why I should pay for someone to turn their heat way up while we cut firewood, deal with cleaning out the woodstove and everything that goes along with it. I haul wood all winter and deal with the mess to reduce my heating bill which also reduces my electric consumption which helps reduce electric consumption but yet I pay for someone elses bill. Screw that crap.

You said it all.

I guess I just believe in a little compassion for elderly who may have fallen on hard times....or had illness or accident wipe out their funds....I know, that makes me a wimpy liberal....maybe I'll toughen up some day and proudly say "screw that crap" let them die!

Uncle Bill
04-08-2011, 02:07 PM
You said it all.

I guess I just believe in a little compassion for elderly who may have fallen on hard times....or had illness or accident wipe out their funds....I know, that makes me a wimpy liberal....maybe I'll toughen up some day and proudly say "screw that crap" let them die!

Once again an illustration how a "wimpy liberal" doesn't have a clue of the difference between a conservative and liberal view.

A liberal has already caused that person to have fallen on those 'hard times' by running out of other peoples money to support that 'downtrodden' individual.

Your phoney compassion, which you love to use to beat up someone you deem hasn't as much compassion as you do, is the problem with the socialist left. You have no interest in developing a nation that wants it's people to be self reliant...you want them to be reliant on your Soros-lead unionistas, so they keep voting in their welfare. It's what Jesse Jackson has been doing for the blacks for years, and the gubmint has been doing for the Native Americans for decades.

Why do you continue to prove the old addage about the dude we just thought had no intelligence, but he opened his mouth and removed all doubt? Is it any wonder you've been dubbed "Little Rog"?

UB

dnf777
04-08-2011, 04:30 PM
Once again an illustration how a "wimpy liberal" doesn't have a clue of the difference between a conservative and liberal view.

A liberal has already caused that person to have fallen on those 'hard times' by running out of other peoples money to support that 'downtrodden' individual.

Your phoney compassion, which you love to use to beat up someone you deem hasn't as much compassion as you do, is the problem with the socialist left. You have no interest in developing a nation that wants it's people to be self reliant...you want them to be reliant on your Soros-lead unionistas, so they keep voting in their welfare. It's what Jesse Jackson has been doing for the blacks for years, and the gubmint has been doing for the Native Americans for decades.

Why do you continue to prove the old addage about the dude we just thought had no intelligence, but he opened his mouth and removed all doubt? Is it any wonder you've been dubbed "Little Rog"?

UB

Well, Mr. Sage, please explain to me how my ultra conservative Pennsyltucky school district just voted for a 2.5 million dollar football field upgrade, after having to lay off teachers??

I guess I'm just too busy paying taxes and supporting all the republican's kids expensive football habits to figure this little bit of fiscal responsibility out.

I guess football comes before education. After all, what are schools for? Yee-Haw!

Losthwy
04-08-2011, 04:38 PM
You completely dodge what has been posted by persons here and edited my post. Weak, very weak. I'm assuming it is because it's too embarrassing to acknowledge the use of terms like circle jerk, and fellating Obama by people here. Without looking too hard anyone could find much more of the ilk posted by certain people here. Once again I ask were has the indignation been? The use of "dummycrats" is suggesting all Democrats are dumb. Which they are not. Which would be like saying all Republicans are morons. Which they are not. Let's see- "Moronicans". That wouldn't be offensive to anyone would it?
The bar has been set low at POTUS. Seems it is against the rules to step over it from both directions.

Buzz
04-08-2011, 04:55 PM
You completely dodge what has been posted by persons here and edited my post. Weak, very weak. I'm assuming it is because it's too embarrassing to acknowledge the use of terms like circle jerk, and fellating Obama by people here. Without looking too hard anyone could find much more of the ilk posted by certain people here. Once again I ask were has the indignation been? The use of "dummycrats" is suggesting all Democrats are dumb. Which they are not. Which would be like saying all Republicans are morons. Which they are not. Let's see- "Moronicans". That wouldn't be offensive to anyone would it?
The bar has been set low at POTUS. Seems it is against the rules to step over it from both directions.

That's why I bolded what I did in this post:

http://retrievertraining.net/forums/showpost.php?p=783143&postcount=28

Probably after he sees this, RK will understand what I was saying.

Marvin S
04-08-2011, 07:23 PM
Usually the reserved Gergen is dignified and matter of fact. Even a conservative like Gergan, who has served in three slightly Republican administrations, finds these people impossible.

Possibly Gergen is conservative from your perspective, but when the best gig you get is editorializing for Newsweek that says it all.

The use of "dummycrats" is suggesting all Democrats are dumb.

So it's OK to act like Charly McCarthy with the majority of your sympathiser look alike postings, but it's not OK point that out?

luvmylabs23139
04-08-2011, 07:40 PM
You said it all.

YOU are free to spend YOUR money as you wish. Just don;t be spending mine!
Interestingly, The cut in heating funds was proposed by the POTUS in his 2012 budget not by the republicans.

dnf777
04-08-2011, 07:48 PM
YOU are free to spend YOUR money as you wish. Just don;t be spending mine!
Interestingly, The cut in heating funds was proposed by the POTUS in his 2012 budget not by the republicans.

Yes, and I'm disappointed with that.
Of all the BS we waste tax money on, that really helps some people.

Believe it or not....not everyone with financial woes is a good-for-nothing deadbeat. Hard times occasionally fall on good people. It always seems to be the elderly and children who suffer the most.

I get more pissed than anyone when I see lazy-a$$es abusing the system. Those are not the people I'm talking about here.

Losthwy
04-08-2011, 07:59 PM
Possibly Gergen is conservative from your perspective, but when the best gig you get is editorializing for Newsweek that says it all.
From your prospective was Ronald Reagan a liberal? Who hired Gergan to work for him. Was Reagan was known for filling his administration with liberals? And yeah, almost everyone would turn down "gigs" at Newsweek and CNN. Four U.S. Presidents thought enough of him did they not? :rolleyes:

So it's OK to act like Charly McCarthy with the majority of your sympathiser look alike postings, but it's not OK point that out?
The last bit makes no sense at all. And who is Charly McCarthy, Joe's sister?

Marvin S
04-08-2011, 09:51 PM
1st - Reagan was not as fiscally conservative as I would like, & Yes some members of his cabinet were lightweight enough to be considered liberal. I used to wear the button "Jane was Right" to our Precinct committee meetings, not well received.

Charly was an object that could probably best you in an IQ contest :razz:, hands down.

Losthwy
04-08-2011, 11:16 PM
1st - Reagan was not as fiscally conservative as I would like...
That I would agree with. Under Reagan the deficit increased substantially. David Stocktman's book Why The Reagan Revolution Failed', an interesting read, gives insight on why and how that came about. Those that may not remember David Stocktman was Reagan's budget director.

Charly was an object that could probably best you in an IQ contest :razz:, hands down.

Charly, must be obscure. Even a Google search produces nothing.

huntinman
04-08-2011, 11:18 PM
Charly, must be obscure. Even a Google search produces nothing.

It's a dummy... a ventriloquist dummy...

Losthwy
04-09-2011, 12:08 AM
It's a dummy... a ventriloquist dummy...

Like on the Ed Sullivan Show?

road kill
04-09-2011, 06:24 AM
Like on the Ed Sullivan Show?
Search Edgar Bergen.

Edgar Bergen, Charlie McCarthy, Mortimer Snerd!!

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww42/sbx1/Bergenmccarthy.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oa63fWWwEs

RK

Marvin S
04-09-2011, 11:47 AM
Search Edgar Bergen.

Edgar Bergen, Charlie McCarthy, Mortimer Snerd!!

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww42/sbx1/Bergenmccarthy.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oa63fWWwEs

RK

Thanks Stan - I had forgotten how funny those little skits used to be. It says something about the entertainers of that day!!!!!!!!!!

Uncle Bill
04-09-2011, 12:02 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...:rolleyes: and, DON'T BE CALLING ME A DUMMYCRAT!

UB

AmiableLabs
04-09-2011, 01:30 PM
RE: "teabagger"

It often seems all the left has against their opponents are personal attacks.

AmiableLabs
04-09-2011, 01:44 PM
You said it all. I guess I just believe in a little compassion for elderly who may have fallen on hard times....or had illness or accident wipe out their funds....I know, that makes me a wimpy liberal....maybe I'll toughen up some day and proudly say "screw that crap" let them die!
No one wants to see those with genuine needs to suffer. The question is the best way to aid them -- public funding or private funding? Liberals argue the former, conservatives argue the latter.

There is no way you will ever convince me that the government and all its layers of bureaucracy and subsequent costs, can more efficiently and cost-effectively take care of those in my community who are in need than those in my own community can.

Roger Perry
04-09-2011, 03:02 PM
RE: "teabagger"

It often seems all the left has against their opponents are personal attacks.

Sarah Palin seems to be proud to be a teabagger.

Sarah Palin loves tea-baggers, holds warm eyeballs for Barbara Walters

Comments 40 (http://watching-tv.ew.com/2009/11/18/sarah-palin-barbara-walters/#commentsHeader)
Add comment (http://watching-tv.ew.com/2009/11/18/sarah-palin-barbara-walters/#respond)http://ewwatchingtv.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/gma-palin_l.jpg?w=300&h=225 (http://ewwatchingtv.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/gma-palin_l.jpg)
Continuing to lob softballs — or in this case, eyeballs — at Sarah Palin, Barbara Walters, last night on Nightline and this morning on Good Morning America, asked questions such as whether President Obama should have women playing in the White House basketball games the President occasionally has.
Yes she certainly thinks he should, said Palin, for whom “basketball was my life” during high school.
Of the so-called “teabagger” movement that objects, according to Walters, to “the government bail-out,” Palin had nothing but praise: “That tea party movement is beautiful; the tea-baggers, they’re speaking out, using their freedom of speech.”
By this second day of promoting her Going Rogue book, Walters already seemed to be scraping the bottom of the conversational barrel. By which I mean, do we care that Palin considered herself a “tough hunting buddy” with her father?
Her dad, both a science teacher as well as a hunter, used to “shoot and carve up” the moose they shot. Palin said her father asked her “to hold the warm eyeballs” of one dead moose, but she declined.
Are we getting tired of The Daily Palin pervading the TV schedule these days?

http://watching-tv.ew.com/2009/11/18/sarah-palin-barbara-walters/

AmiableLabs
04-10-2011, 12:43 AM
Roger,

Please tell me you are not so stupid as to believe she meant that pejoratively?! Sarah is the patron saint of the Tea Party movement! That was an intelligent swipe on her part at you leftists that call us that -- showing you the term does not hurt us; Calling us names does not hurt us.

Similar to (but not the same as) a black person calling another black person the "n-word" in an effort to claim the term and show it does not hurt to use it.

Roger Perry
04-10-2011, 08:34 AM
Roger,

Please tell me you are not so stupid as to believe she meant that pejoratively?! Sarah is the patron saint of the Tea Party movement! That was an intelligent swipe on her part at you leftists that call us that -- showing you the term does not hurt us; Calling us names does not hurt us.

Similar to (but not the same as) a black person calling another black person the "n-word" in an effort to claim the term and show it does not hurt to use it.

That is what I am trying to point out. I had never heard the term "teabagger" used in the urban meaning before it was pointed out to me. He!!, I didn't even know there was an urban dictionary. This is a Political forum and to me "teabagger" means one belonging to the tea party movement.

subroc
04-10-2011, 10:47 AM
That is what I am trying to point out. I had never heard the term "teabagger" used in the urban meaning before it was pointed out to me. He!!, I didn't even know there was an urban dictionary. This is a Political forum and to me "teabagger" means one belonging to the tea party movement.

but you know what it means now, right?

BrianW
04-10-2011, 11:13 AM
Just go ahead with your feigned innocence Roger.
Even your news source heroes Colbert & Stewart knew about the term as far back as April 2009 http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/224788/april-16-2009/teabagging-protests.
And it was discussed here on POTUS around the same time in reference to the other news paragon Olbermann's use of the term; http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39100&highlight=teabagger&page=6
Yardley knew what was being inferred.

And in Sept. '09, liberal pundit Alan Colmes was getting hate tweets for using the term - http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2009/09/13/alan-colmes-gets-hate-tweets-calling-protesters-teabaggers

For someone who tries to be on the cutting edge of the news with the latest headlines, your claimed ignorance on this point seems a little far fetched.:confused:
That's ok though, I believe you :rolleyes:

Roger Perry
04-10-2011, 11:29 AM
but you know what it means now, right?

Yes, I know what the Urban dictionary definition is but when you are talking politics, teabagger is in reference to one belonging to the tea party movement. It's all on how or what you want the meaning to represent. I have only used it to mean one belonging to the tea party movement and have not even slightly hinted at the Urban usage of the word.

Losthwy
04-10-2011, 11:33 AM
For someone who tries to be on the cutting edge of the news with the latest headlines, your claimed ignorance on this point seems a little far fetched.:confused:

I used the term teabagger is describe a tea party rally last fall in a conversation with my brother and his wife. They smiled and informed me what the term meant to them being from the Bay Area. Also when I asked our training group if they had heard the term, half had not. I guess it depends on what social circles you are in as to what contemporary terms and slang you pick up. Which can tell you a great deal about a person. I'll leave it at that.

Roger Perry
04-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Just go ahead with your feigned innocence Roger.
Even your news source heroes Colbert & Stewart knew about the term as far back as April 2009 http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/224788/april-16-2009/teabagging-protests.
And it was discussed here on POTUS around the same time in reference to the other news paragon Olbermann's use of the term; http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39100&highlight=teabagger&page=6
Yardley knew what was being inferred.

And in Sept. '09, liberal pundit Alan Colmes was getting hate tweets for using the term - http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2009/09/13/alan-colmes-gets-hate-tweets-calling-protesters-teabaggers

I do not listen to, watch or read any comments of the people you have mentioned. And I am telling the truth, I never heard the Urban usage until it was pointed out to me and i looked it up online. If you google Palin or Bachman, Pence or any other tea party politican and include the word "teabagger" you will not find any Urban meaning accociated with their names. So if your mind pictures something else other than a member of the tea bag movement when the word "teabagger" is used on a Political thread you have a problem.

Losthwy
04-10-2011, 11:58 AM
Even tea party members were calling themselves teabaggers.

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report) - One week after their first national convention, the self-styled Teabaggers are facing an identity crisis after one of their members finally Googled the slang term "teabag."
"I was wondering why every time I told people I was a Teabagger they kind of started giggling in an embarrassed way," said Tracy Klugian, a Teabagger from Elyria, Ohio. "I was like, what the heck? Maybe I should use the Google and see what this is all about."
After Mr. Klugian Googled the word "teabag," he was shocked by what he discovered and shared his information with the Teabaggers' leadership, who are now actively looking for a new name for the group.

road kill
04-10-2011, 12:29 PM
I used the term teabagger is describe a tea party rally last fall in a conversation with my brother and his wife. They smiled and informed me what the term meant to them being from the Bay Area. Also when I asked our training group if they had heard the term, half had not. I guess it depends on what social circles you are in as to what contemporary terms and slang you pick up. Which can tell you a great deal about a person. I'll leave it at that.

Agreed, again, thank you for making my point!!

BTW---WTF regards,
(isn't that your partys new slogan???)

RK

Losthwy
04-10-2011, 01:21 PM
BTW---WTF regards,
(isn't that your partys new slogan???)
RK

My party's slogan? If you are assuming I belong to a political party. You are assuming incorrectly.

Uncle Bill
04-10-2011, 01:44 PM
My party's slogan? If you are assuming I belong to a political party. You are assuming incorrectly.

We would never "assume" someone living in Green Mountain belongs to anything, let alone a party. But, while you don't recognize it as a 'party', your liberal slip is showing in your posts.

BTW, you'll be happy to know, your idol, Anderson Cooper (and who said Green Mountain was too 'backwoods' to have TV:rolleyes:) is changing his program name to AC 396...because he gives 110 %.:cool:

UB

Losthwy
04-10-2011, 03:53 PM
We would never "assume" someone living in Green Mountain belongs to anything, let alone a party. But, while you don't recognize it as a 'party', your liberal slip is showing in your posts.

BTW, you'll be happy to know, your idol, Anderson Cooper (and who said Green Mountain was too 'backwoods' to have TV:rolleyes:) is changing his program name to AC 396...because he gives 110 %.:cool:

UB

Dear Uncle
How is the weather Mayberry?

Roger Perry
04-10-2011, 08:02 PM
Dear Uncle

I thought he lived in disneyland;-)

luvmylabs23139
04-10-2011, 08:15 PM
Dear Uncle

It was 70 degrees, no humidy light breeze. Nice after the tornado warnings last night. I actually live 45 minutes from "Mayberry". :-P

dnf777
04-10-2011, 08:24 PM
No one wants to see those with genuine needs to suffer. The question is the best way to aid them -- public funding or private funding? Liberals argue the former, conservatives argue the latter.

There is no way you will ever convince me that the government and all its layers of bureaucracy and subsequent costs, can more efficiently and cost-effectively take care of those in my community who are in need than those in my own community can.

Don't worry. I won't try.

All you have to do is look at labor in the 30's and 40's to see what industry, when left to its own devices, cares about the workers. Or look at china and Indonesia today.

Glad I got my degrees regards...

subroc
04-11-2011, 03:37 AM
Yes, I know what the Urban dictionary definition is but when you are talking politics, teabagger is in reference to one belonging to the tea party movement. It's all on how or what you want the meaning to represent. I have only used it to mean one belonging to the tea party movement and have not even slightly hinted at the Urban usage of the word.

The urban dictionary is the oly meaning. The term teabagging means what it means. Left wing radical extremists that do not believe in lower taxes or limited government conveniently used it as a term of derision when describing those in the tea party movement. How you choose to use it is up to you. You can couch it any way you want. But if you use it, you are using it with the knowledge of what it really means.

Roger Perry
04-11-2011, 07:39 AM
The urban dictionary is the oly meaning. The term teabagging means what it means. Left wing radical extremists that do not believe in lower taxes or limited government conveniently used it as a term of derision when describing those in the tea party movement. How you choose to use it is up to you. You can couch it any way you want. But if you use it, you are using it with the knowledge of what it really means.

I never used the term teabagging nor teabagee. I used the term Teabagger a whole lot of difference.;-)

Hew
04-11-2011, 08:13 AM
Still discussing whether "tea bagger" is a perjorative? Oy vey.

Since turnabout is usually fair play, perhaps everyone should start referring to Roger as a "bear." And when he asks what you mean, assure him with a wink and a smile that "bear" is referring to his tenacious rhetorical style and NOT the life style referrence found in the Urban Dictionary definition of a "bear." Sound good to you, Bear? ;-) :D

Roger Perry
04-11-2011, 09:19 AM
Still discussing whether "tea bagger" is a perjorative? Oy vey.

Since turnabout is usually fair play, perhaps everyone should start referring to Roger as a "bear." And when he asks what you mean, assure him with a wink and a smile that "bear" is referring to his tenacious rhetorical style and NOT the life style referrence found in the Urban Dictionary definition of a "bear." Sound good to you, Bear? ;-) :D

I only used the term teagagger once in a sentence referring to someone as belonging to the tea party movement and was called out for it. I was answering a question posed by Subroc who said I used the term teagagging which I never did.

Ken Bora
04-11-2011, 09:34 AM
you know, it seems almost anything can have two meanings these days.
and just like dog training people get lost in definitions.:confused:
if an actress in porn vid is also a tea party activists does that make her a double bagger?
one time, for real, I walked past an obvious biker feller with the leather vest and billfold chained to his trousers.
His wife/girlfriend and he were in a parking lot I was in and she had a couple young dogs on lead.
I commented as I passed that she had some nice puppies.
Man! Didn't that feller want to start a fight!:o

subroc
04-11-2011, 09:45 AM
you know, it seems almost anything can have two meanings these days.
and just like dog training people get lost in definitions.:confused:
if an actress in porn vid is also a tea party activists does that make her a double bagger?
one time, for real, I walked past an obvious biker feller with the leather vest and billfold chained to his trousers.
His wife/girlfriend and he were in a parking lot I was in and she had a couple young dogs on lead.
I commented as I passed that she had some nice puppies.
Man! Didn't that feller want to start a fight!:o

did she have 2 pair of nice puppies?

AmiableLabs
04-11-2011, 12:30 PM
Don't worry. I won't try. All you have to do is look at labor in the 30's and 40's to see what industry, when left to its own devices, cares about the workers. Or look at china and Indonesia today.
Non-sequitor.

Ken Bora
04-12-2011, 12:00 AM
did she have 2 pair of nice puppies?

she was a nicely rounded young lady, desperately in need of a fashion coach and a dentist.;-)