PDA

View Full Version : We have a budget... about time

huntinman
04-08-2011, 11:25 PM
Well... from the looks of their speeches, I think Boehner kicked some dem butt. Dingy Harry was PO'd and Obama was not very happy either. Boehner tossed out the Planned Parenthood deal, which was a loss leader anyway. Got 38 Billion thru September. When we win the Senate, we can really straighten out the mess Obama has created... Remember Wisconsin!!

Losthwy
04-08-2011, 11:45 PM
Let the numbers speak for themselves on the historical record of the which administrations lower or increased the debt over the last 50 years. Looking at the numbers which presidents would you call fiscally conservative and which ones not fiscally conservative.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_debt_by_U.S._presidential_terms

huntinman
04-08-2011, 11:52 PM
There is only one that matters and that is the one in office. We are finally slowing down his reckless ways.

dnf777
04-09-2011, 07:11 AM
There is only one that matters and that is the one in office. We are finally slowing down his reckless ways.

Oooh, so we cut what 60 billion out of a 1.4 trillion deficit??

Only a republican would thump his chest over that. (and not a REAL republican, at that)

(do the math, you'll be surprised at how small a nibble that takes out)

But in any case, I'm glad to see that the republican leadership could set aside their ideaologies, and do what the majority of Americans who voted them in office wanted.

Hew
04-09-2011, 07:29 AM

Only a republican would thump his chest over that. (and not a REAL republican, at that)

Good grief, STFU already with your obscene "I'm a deficit hawk" schtick. You spent all day yesterday rooting against efforts to cut even more spending, spreading nonsense about a group of people who were pushing for even more spending cuts, and telling everyone why US taxpayers should subsidize abortions at Planned Parenthood and pay for other folks' heatin oil.

road kill
04-09-2011, 07:32 AM
So, we cut what 60 billion out of a 1.4 trillion deficit??
Only a liberal progressive would whine about that.

It's a start, but what a shame the Republicans didn't do more of what WE, the MAJORITY of Americans voted them in to do!!

To bad the Democrats could not set their IDEOLGIES aside and do the right thing.

But we will get there, remember WI!!!!:D

RK

dnf777
04-09-2011, 07:52 AM
Good grief, STFU already with your obscene "I'm a deficit hawk" schtick. You spent all day yesterday rooting against efforts to cut even more spending, spreading nonsense about a group of people who were pushing for even more spending cuts, and telling everyone why US taxpayers should subsidize abortions at Planned Parenthood and pay for other folks' heatin oil.

You're such a typical neocon. Take away heating oil, education, and preventive healthcare.......but don't touch the big elephant in the room! Funny how clinton preserved the humintarian and social programs, yet BALANCED THE BUDGET!!

You are more concerned about taking from the working class and giving it to the billionaires such as the Koch brothers and Exxon, you don't even see what is happening?

While you thump your chest at 60billion, I'm wondering where do we make up the remaining 1.440 trillion deficit? Ever wonder about that??

And I won't ask you to "STFU", rather, I'd like to hear your attempt at an answer. Save the namecalling and insults for those without a brain. There's enough of them here already. Please don't sink to their level.

dnf777
04-09-2011, 07:55 AM
It's a start, but what a shame the Republicans didn't do more of what WE, the MAJORITY of Americans voted them in to do!!

RK

Have you checked the polls lately? Look at what the independent voters are saying. They are the ones who put men in the whitehouse. Not far right or far left ideologues. But you knew that.

huntinman
04-09-2011, 08:27 AM

But in any case, I'm glad to see that the republican leadership could set aside their ideaologies, and do what the majority of Americans who voted them in office wanted.

Remember Little Rog, this was the job that should have been done last Oct. Let's just get it done and get on to the elections, so the public can finish the job we started last election, continued in Wisconsin and will get the Senate back in November. Then we can get a budget that actually starts to correct the course this country is on. Paul Ryan leading the way of course...

By the way, what the hell would you know about real Republicans or for that matter real anything? "online personna" regards... hows the hunt for the beach house going:rolleyes:

road kill
04-09-2011, 08:35 AM
Have you checked the polls lately? Look at what the independent voters are saying. They are the ones who put men in the whitehouse. Not far right or far left ideologues. But you knew that.

Why yes I have followed the polls lately, thank you for asking.
In fact, just this past week an interesting poll happened.
It's called an election.
Trust me, it wasn't independent voters that handed the progressives their ASSES in WI!!

It was WE the CONSERVATIVES!!!

And we are damned proud of what we have started!!!:D

RK

luvmylabs23139
04-09-2011, 09:09 AM
You're such a typical neocon. Take away heating oil, .

Need I remind you again, that was straight from the POTUS in his 2012 budget.:rolleyes:

J Hoggatt
04-09-2011, 10:41 AM
Go ahead - and start blaming Rep. or Dem - which ever side of the the debate you would like to spin to make yourself feel that "you" are in the right.......Go ahead......

While our troops - where taking small arms fire, RPG's, and IED.........in Afghanistan.......
My son and son-in-law are there now......and I just got word that my son is OK - but was ambushed last week and their COP came under attack after they were out on patrol.

So -- Keep it up -Rep. this..... Dem.... did that......................... just about sick of it all.

PS>
ZERO Faith/Confidence in Obama.
ZERO Faith/Confidence in the Senate
Nebraska will have a Rep Senator next election - Traitor Ben Nelson will be defeated.

luvmylabs23139
04-09-2011, 10:51 AM
Go ahead - and start blaming Rep. or Dem - which ever side of the the debate you would like to spin to make yourself feel that "you" are in the right.......Go ahead......

While our troops - where taking small arms fire, RPG's, and IED.........in Afghanistan.......
My son and son-in-law are there now......and I just got word that my son is OK - but was ambushed last week and their COP came under attack after they were out on patrol.

So -- Keep it up -Rep. this..... Dem.... did that......................... just about sick of it all.

PS>
Nebraska will have a Rep Senator next election - Traitor Ben Nelson will be defeated.
Both sides should come together and pass something that makes sure our troops get paid no matter what. It is so wrong that those who can't or won't do their job (house, senate, and POTUS) get paid no matter what they do yet our troops don't. They should do this for any possible future shutdown,

M&K's Retrievers
04-09-2011, 11:05 AM
You're such a typical neocon. Take away heating oil, education, and preventive healthcare.......but don't touch the big elephant in the room! Funny how clinton preserved the humintarian and social programs, yet BALANCED THE BUDGET!!

You are more concerned about taking from the working class and giving it to the billionaires such as the Koch brothers and Exxon, you don't even see what is happening?

While you thump your chest at 60billion, I'm wondering where do we make up the remaining 1.440 trillion deficit? Ever wonder about that??

And I won't ask you to "STFU", rather, I'd like to hear your attempt at an answer. Save the namecalling and insults for those without a brain. There's enough of them here already. Please don't sink to their level.

Man, for someone with nothing to say, you sure talk a lot.

huntinman
04-09-2011, 12:15 PM
Man, for someone with nothing to say, you sure talk a lot.

And still doesn't say a damn thing!

Uncle Bill
04-09-2011, 12:18 PM

Once again you "open your mouth and remove all doubt" of your arrogant ignorance.

This statement tells me how little you actually know about facts, and for that matter, how this nation's government is run.

"Funny how clinton preserved the humintarian and social programs, yet BALANCED THE BUDGET!!"

Aside from the obvious 'not smarter than a 5th grader English, spelling, and politics'...a president has NO power to balance a budget. He can only recommend, suggest, lobby, coerce, and in your illustration of a president, get almost thrown out of office for his pecadillos.

Might want to revisit your high school pot science classes, if you ever took any.

UB

luvmylabs23139
04-09-2011, 12:22 PM

Might want to revisit your high school pot science classes, if you ever took any.

UB

MY guess is he got A's in "pot" class and is perfecting his skills.

Losthwy
04-09-2011, 05:18 PM
Once again you "open your mouth and remove all doubt" of your arrogant ignorance.

This statement tells me how little you actually know about facts, and for that matter, how this nation's government is run.
"Funny how clinton preserved the humintarian and social programs, yet BALANCED THE BUDGET!!"
Aside from the obvious 'not smarter than a 5th grader English, spelling, and politics'...a president has NO power to balance a budget. He can only recommend, suggest, lobby, coerce, and in your illustration of a president, get almost thrown out of office for his pecadillos.

UB
Luv and yourself offering to share your transcripts? Insult the messenger, it never changes around here.
"a president has NO power to balance the budget". Seems there are a few around here who are all too gladly criticizes the current president for an unbalanced budget. Which you claim he has NO power over.
BTW Professor Bill- You misspelled peccadillos.

road kill
04-09-2011, 06:25 PM

PS>

I'll say it......the "Commander and Chief" used your family members and all the rest of the Military HEROS as political bargaing chips to keep tax payer funded abortions.:barf:

Pathetic.........

RK

Buzz
04-09-2011, 06:29 PM
I'll say it......the "Commander and Chief" used your family members and all the rest of the Military HEROS as political bargaing chips to keep tax payer funded abortions.:barf:

Pathetic.........

RK

Get your facts straight.

There is no such thing as a taxpayer funded abortion. But keep on telling lies, it's very becoming - it's what you guys do...

road kill
04-09-2011, 06:32 PM
Get your facts straight.

There is no such thing as a taxpayer funded abortion. But keep on telling lies, it's very becoming - it's what you guys do...

It's not a lie.

Planned Parenthood performs abortions. (http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topics/abortion-4260.asp)It is partially funded by, what is it, $300 MILION of TAXPAYERS money (http://scientopia.org/blogs/ethicsandscience/2011/04/08/federal-funding-and-planned-parenthood/)???

Tell me the lie, other than the one you are telling your self!!

RK

Losthwy
04-09-2011, 07:21 PM

Pathetic.........

RK

Federally funded abortions are prohibited by law under the Hyde Amendment and the Affordable Care Act. Regardless of what Glenn Beck or rk claims.

road kill
04-09-2011, 07:33 PM
Federally funded abortions are prohibited by law under the Hyde Amendment and the Affordable Care Act. Regardless of what Glenn Beck or rk claims.

Planned Parenthood performs abortions. (http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topics/abortion-4260.asp)It is partially funded by, what is it, $300 MILION of TAXPAYERS money (http://scientopia.org/blogs/ethicsandscience/2011/04/08/federal-funding-and-planned-parenthood/)???

Please read the links.

Planned Parenthood performs abortions.
The US Government funds Planned Parenthood to the tune of $300,000,000.
That $300,000,000 is money taken from working people.
It's all right there in the links.

RK

Losthwy
04-09-2011, 07:44 PM

Please read the links.

Planned Parenthood performs abortions.
The US Government funds Planned Parenthood to the tune of $300,000,000.
That $300,000,000 is money taken from working people.
It's all right there in the links.
RK

PP does perform abortions, but they are NOT paid for with federal tax dollars. To do so would be a violation of federal law. What you are saying would be similar to you claiming a tax credit for solar panels on your home and installing a pool. Then someone saying the federal government subsidized your pool.

road kill
04-09-2011, 07:50 PM
PP does perform abortions, but they are NOT paid for with federal tax dollars. To do so would be a violation of federal law. What you are saying would be similar to you claiming a tax credit for solar panels on your home and installing a pool. Then someone saying the federal government subsidized your pool.

Hey, thank you for proving my point!!:D

RK

Losthwy
04-09-2011, 07:57 PM
Hey, thank you for proving my point!!:D

RK
I must disagree. What you are claiming simply isn't true, except in cases of rape, incest and endangerment.

road kill
04-09-2011, 08:03 PM
I must disagree. What you are claiming simply isn't true, except in cases of rape, incest and endangerment.

Thank you even more!!!

RK

Gerry Clinchy
04-09-2011, 09:15 PM

The argument made, and with some merit, is that if the Fed provides $300 million for other services of PP, then PP has more funds to provide abortions.

If the $300 million is removed, then PP would have less funds available for abortions. Geez! maybe PP actually does live within its budgetary means. What a thought!

However, it is only occasionally mentioned that the $300 million is about 15% of PP's total budget. The bombast about how "drastic" a reduction that would be to PP may be a bit of an exaggeration. Lots of taxpayers have taken a 15% hit on their income with the increases in cost of living in essentials like food & transportation.

They sort of threw NPR under the bus? The cut to NPR was even less of NPR's budget than that to PP. I thought I heard mentioned somewhere, about 5%?. Edit: My error NPR didn't get cut.

Buzz
04-09-2011, 10:38 PM
So, I think what you guys are saying is, when the US Chamber of Commerce accepts donations from foreigners, and then turn around and spend money on politics, they are illegally injecting foreign money into our elections. Glad we finally cleared that up.

Hew
04-09-2011, 11:46 PM
So, I think what you guys are saying is, when the US Chamber of Commerce accepts donations from foreigners, and then turn around and spend money on politics, they are illegally injecting foreign money into our elections. Glad we finally cleared that up.

Kudos for acknowledging that your "you lie!" claim was just so much hot air.