PDA

View Full Version : From our "friends" across the pond.

Uncle Bill
04-11-2011, 10:50 AM
More recognition of how inept the POTUS currently in the WH is. UB

LONDON DAILY TELEGRAPH - very astute!

The American people can now more readily "understand" why the Obama's were omitted from the guest list to the Royal wedding in April! This is a very sobering article. Our handling of relationships with the Britons over the oil spill didn't help either.

From The London Daily Telegraph Editor On Foreign Relations

Quote:

"Let me be clear: I'm not normally in favor of boycotts, and I love the American people. I holiday in their country regularly, and hate the tedious snobby sneers against the United States . But the American people chose to elect an idiot who seems hell bent on insulting their allies, and something must be done to stop Obama's reckless foreign policy, before he does the dirty on his allies on every issue."

One of the most poorly kept secrets in Washington is President Obama's animosity toward Great Britain , presumably because of what he regards as its sins while ruling Kenya (1895-1963).

One of Barack Hussein Obama's first acts as president was to return to Britain a bust of Winston Churchill that had graced the Oval Office since 9/11. He followed this up by denying Prime Minister Gordon Brown, on his first state visit, the usual joint press conference with flags.

The president was "too tired" to grant the leader of America 's closest ally a proper welcome, his aides told British journalists.

Mr. Obama followed this up with cheesy gifts for Mr. Brown and the Queen. Columnist Ian Martin described his behavior as "rudeness personified." There was more rudeness in store for Mr. Brown at the opening session of the United Nations in September. "The prime minister was forced to dash through the kitchens of the UN in New York to secure five minutes of face time with President Obama after five requests for a sit down meeting were rejected by the White House", said London Telegraph columnist David Hughes. Mr. Obama's "churlishness is unforgivable", Mr.. Hughes said.

The administration went beyond snubs and slights last week when Secretary of State Hillary Clinton endorsed the demand of Argentine President Cristina Kirchner, a Hugo Chavez ally, for mediation of Argentina 's specious claim to the Falkland Islands , a British dependency since 1833. The people who live in the Falklands, who speak English, want nothing to do with Argentina . When, in 1982, an earlier Argentine dictatorship tried to seize the Falklands by force, the British -- with strong support from President Ronald Reagan -- expelled them.

"It is truly shocking that Barack Obama has decided to disregard our shared history," wrote Telegraph columnist Toby Young. "Does Britain 's friendship really mean so little to him?" One could ask, does the friendship of anyone in the entire world mean anything to him?

"I recently asked several senior administration officials, separately, to name a foreign leader with whom Barack Obama has forged a strong personal relationship during his first year in office," wrote Jackson Diehl, deputy editorial page editor of the Washington Post, on Monday. "A lot of hemming and hawing ensued." One official named French President Nicolas Sarkozy, but his contempt for Mr. Obama is an open secret. Another named German Chancellor Angela Merkel. But, said Mr. Diehl, "Merkel too has been conspicuously cool toward Obama."

Mr. Obama certainly doesn't care about the Poles and Czechs, whom he has betrayed on missile defense. Honduras and Israel also can attest that he's been an unreliable ally and an unfaithful friend. Ironically, our relations with both Israel and the Palestinian Authority have never been worse. Russia has offered nothing in exchange for Mr. Obama's abandonment of missile defense. Russia and China won't support serious sanctions on Iran. Syria's support for terrorism has not diminished despite efforts to normalize diplomatic relations. The reclusive military dictatorship that runs Burma has responded to our efforts at "engagement" by deepening its ties to North Korea .

And the Chinese make little effort to disguise their contempt for him.

For the first time in a long time, the President of the United States is actually distrusted by its allies and not in the least feared by its adversaries. Nor is Mr. Obama now respected by the majority of Americans. Understandably focused on the dismal economy and Mr. Obama's relentless efforts to nationalize and socialize health care, Americans apparently have yet to notice his dismal performance and lack of respect in the world community. They soon will.

-- London Daily Telegraph editor -- Alex Singleton

Julie R.
04-11-2011, 02:05 PM
http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/22f78097.gifhttp://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/22f78097.gifhttp://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/22f78097.gif

Guess I'm not up to speed on the gossip, didn't realize the POTUS and family hadn't been invited. I'm not surprised though, does anyone else remember their royal visit last year? The same one where our fearless (or is that feckless) leader gave the Queen an ipod loaded with his speeches? And then there was Michele trying to get clubby with Her Majesty. I still snicker over the sight of her draping her long arm around the Queen who though she tried valiantly, could not conceal the stiffened posture and curled upper lip when Michele spit in her ear. Priceless.

http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/22f78097.gif

subroc
04-11-2011, 02:34 PM
For the first time in a long time, the President of the United States is actually distrusted by its allies and not in the least feared by its adversaries. Nor is Mr. Obama now respected by the majority of Americans. Understandably focused on the dismal economy and Mr. Obama's relentless efforts to nationalize and socialize health care, Americans apparently have yet to notice his dismal performance and lack of respect in the world community. They soon will.

I believe Americans have noticed. It really is an epic failure. In no area of foreign policy does he shine unless you consider displaying subservient behavior (bowing to world leaders) shining.

huntinman
04-11-2011, 03:49 PM
If we ha a real press, this would be carried in every paper across the country. The great thing is, we don't need them anymore. This will be read on forums like this and other internet sites and will still make the rounds.

LokiMeister
04-11-2011, 05:16 PM
This quote seems at least a year old. Can you tell me when it was published?

charly_t
04-11-2011, 05:51 PM
If we ha a real press, this would be carried in every paper across the country. The great thing is, we don't need them anymore. This will be read on forums like this and other internet sites and will still make the rounds.

We have a problem though with many not believing what they read on the net. The older crowd still think they need to read it in a newspaper and most of us here know that that is no longer to be trusted. A relative watches some of the talk shows on T.V. and believes all of what they are saying. We need to sift, sort and discard. This is why a link is so very important. Opinion is fine but we need those links to pass on to people ( for sharing ).

Buzz
04-11-2011, 05:55 PM
You mean this Alex Singleton??? Funny what you find sometimes when you look into the stuff that gets posted by you guys.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/alexsingleton/100045416/nutty-hoax-email-has-right-wing-americans-on-my-case/

Yes, I know, you wish I'd go back to ignoring you, and you're embarrassed to share The Great State of South Dakota with the likes of me and the other Liberals along the I-29 corridor...

Nutty hoax email has Right-wing Americans on my case

By Alex Singleton Politics Last updated: June 30th, 2010

39 Comments Comment on this article
Suddenly I’ve become a poster boy for the Republican Right. It started when Fox News linked to a blog I’d written suggesting, not terribly seriously, that Brits ought to boycott America in retaliation against Barack Obama’s refusal to support us in the Falklands.
Now thousands of emails are being forwarded around the US – particularly in southern states such as Texas – quoting me. The Telegraph’s reader-relations department is being innundated with queries asking if I really called for a boycott of America. And Google tells me that quotes from the post now appear in hundreds of websites.
This would all be fine, except that after the first paragraph in the email, it transforms into a rant about “Barack Hussein Obama”, using bizarre language that certainly isn’t mine. No doubt this email appeals to the nuttier supporters of the Republican Party, for whom politics has ceased to be about principles and is now all about smearing opponents with false accusations about their nationalities and their patriotism. It also contains the delusional claim that Reagan supported Thatcher over the Falklands (he didn’t) and denounces Obama for failing to suck up to Gordon Brown (as if that was a bad thing).
My new fans won’t like me saying this, but while Barack Obama is clearly one of the most hopeless Western leaders at the moment, I haven’t forgiven the Republicans for their disgraceful record under George W. Bush. These supposed conservatives stood by as Bush threw away the wonderful Reagan legacy by signing off on ruinous spending commitments and imposing economically illiterate steel tariffs, as he destroyed ancient civil liberties, and as he sank their country into an ill-conceived and disasterously managed war in Iraq. Britain’s Conservatives, even under Ted Health, have never been that destructive.

Buzz
04-11-2011, 06:00 PM
We have a problem though with many not believing what they read on the net. The older crowd still think they need to read it in a newspaper and most of us here know that that is no longer to be trusted. A relative watches some of the talk shows on T.V. and believes all of what they are saying. We need to sift, sort and discard. This is why a link is so very important. Opinion is fine but we need those links to pass on to people ( for sharing ).

Hope you enjoy the link that I posted... ;-)

dnf777
04-11-2011, 06:14 PM
Hope you enjoy the link that I posted... ;-)

Thanks Buzz.....

But that's so-not-nice of you to point out lies and deceptions and fabrications of the extreme right! Its all they've got, ya know? :rolleyes:

huntinman
04-11-2011, 06:28 PM
Thanks Buzz.....

But that's so-not-nice of you to point out lies and deceptions and fabrications of the extreme right! Its all they've got, ya know? :rolleyes:

Oh no, we have 2012... and it's coming fast.

Losthwy
04-11-2011, 06:35 PM
This would all be fine, except that after the first paragraph in the email, it transforms into a rant about “Barack Hussein Obama”, using bizarre language that certainly isn’t mine. No doubt this email appeals to the nuttier supporters of the Republican Party, for whom politics has ceased to be about principles and is now all about smearing opponents with false accusations about their nationalities and their patriotism-Alex Singleton.
Thanks to Buzz for the link. Oh and thanks also to Uncle Bill for bringing it to our attention what are friends across the pond are saying. You are correct, Mr. Singleton is very astute.

dnf777
04-11-2011, 06:55 PM
Oh no, we have 2012... and it's coming fast.

Fast? Then you ought to have some front-runners, or at least a field by now??

Who ya got? Palin? Bachmann? Trump? Ricky?

They're just clamoring for position!!

Eric Johnson
04-11-2011, 06:56 PM
Here is in his own words.....

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/alexsingleton/100029555/why-barack-obama-has-made-me-boycott-america/#

http://tinyurl.com/3c8cm8h

Barack Obama has made me want to boycott America

by Alex Singleton
March 11, 2010

The special relationship is over. We gave America years of unwavering support after September 11. And now we see how Barack Obama’s administration repays us.

First, Obama declared that America was “neutral” over the sovereignty of the Falklands, ignoring the clear wishes of the islands’ population. And, second, his Assistant Secretary of State, Philip Crowley, snubbed Britain by failing to use their proper name and instead calling them the “Malvinas”.

I don’t know where Obama learned about diplomacy, but his stinks. I’m normally pro-American, but Mr Obama’s seeming support for Argentinian aggressors, who have no legitimate claim over the Falklands, is gratuitously offensive. So from today, I’m boycotting America as a tourist destination. This summer, I’ll be going to France, not California.

-more-

dnf777
04-11-2011, 06:56 PM
This would all be fine, except that after the first paragraph in the email, it transforms into a rant about “Barack Hussein Obama”, using bizarre language that certainly isn’t mine. No doubt this email appeals to the nuttier supporters of the Republican Party, for whom politics has ceased to be about principles and is now all about smearing opponents with false accusations about their nationalities and their patriotism-Alex Singleton.
Thanks to Buzz for the link. Oh and thanks also to Uncle Bill for bringing it to our attention what are friends across the pond are saying. You are correct, Mr. Singleton is very astute.

BAM!

What do you call that again, Stan?

Roger Perry
04-11-2011, 07:07 PM
BAM!

I believe its

BAM HEAD SHOT!!!!

dnf777
04-11-2011, 07:10 PM
I believe its

BAM HEAD SHOT!!!!

gosh darnit! I try to avoid such harsh language, but sometimes it just seems to fit!

Maybe just a good ol' "that one bit ya in yer arse!" would have worked too.

Julie R.
04-11-2011, 08:06 PM
gosh darnit! I try to avoid such harsh language, but sometimes it just seems to fit!

dnf skewers another person who was wrong on the internet, quick, give him a medal!! :rolleyes: So mature--I think I can hear him crowing from Virginia.

Meanwhile, I'm still laughing over the REAL reason BHO and his wife were snubbed by the royals--they lack class and would be out of place among other heads of state and landed gentry. Even those born to the lower classes at least take the time to learn how to fake good manners if they expect to be accepted by royalty.

Falklands or not, the British are not the only developed nation that thinks the POTUS is a buffoon that is way out of his element no matter if he's performing in the foreign policy or the social arena.

road kill
04-11-2011, 08:16 PM
BAM!

Dave, you have called me out 3 times now.

Please stop.
I am certain you have better things to do.

RK

dnf777
04-11-2011, 08:18 PM
Dave, you have called me out 3 times now.

Please stop.
I am certain you have better things to do.

RK

Something we agree upon!

No problem.

dnf777
04-11-2011, 08:21 PM
dnf skewers another person who was wrong on the internet, quick, give him a medal!! :rolleyes: So mature--I think I can hear him crowing from Virginia.

Meanwhile, I'm still laughing over the REAL reason BHO and his wife were snubbed by the royals--they lack class and would be out of place among other heads of state and landed gentry. Even those born to the lower classes at least take the time to learn how to fake good manners if they expect to be accepted by royalty.

Falklands or not, the British are not the only developed nation that thinks the POTUS is a buffoon that is way out of his element no matter if he's performing in the foreign policy or the social arena.

Just curious....

Since you seem a stickler for manners and class...and all that.....

What did you think of Bush massaging Merkel's shoulders?

I missed your comments on that, and am just wondering what etiquette rule he was conforming to at that time?

huntinman
04-11-2011, 09:01 PM
Fast? Then you ought to have some front-runners, or at least a field by now??

Who ya got? Palin? Bachmann? Trump? Ricky?

They're just clamoring for position!!

Our front-runner?? Obama

Julie R.
04-11-2011, 09:43 PM
Just curious....

Since you seem a stickler for manners and class...and all that.....

What did you think of Bush massaging Merkel's shoulders?

I missed your comments on that, and am just wondering what etiquette rule he was conforming to at that time?

It's patently obvious that a little research on manners and class would be far more beneficial to you than to me. Have at it big boy, and how about a few more of your famous last words? So classy. http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/Smilies/SARCASM.gif

Chris Atkinson
04-11-2011, 09:46 PM

DNF. I feel like I've asked you repeatedly to discontinue this behavior.

This is your final warning.

Are we clear, or shall I just ban your account and ask you not to register any alias accounts going forward?

To all of you...be civil, please, please, please...or be banned.

Chris Atkinson

217-454-0361

dnf777
04-12-2011, 05:18 AM

Are we clear, or shall I just ban your account and ask you not to register any alias accounts going forward?

Chris Atkinson

217-454-0361

Chris,

If this is out of bounds, I'll just do something else. The woodenboat and sailing forums have political forums (bilge pits) that have perfectly civil, respectful disagreements.

Its not you. I'm not you, but if I were, I'd disband this waste of time room. It brings out the worst in people (kennel rage, if you will).

I was referencing a quote made repeatedly by another here, and even qualified it with an old fashion cliche. If that's too much, then I'll see you on the RTF only.

In fact, I would encourage you to abolish this waste of time forum. It seems like you spend a disproportionate amount of your time here.

I type this in the forum rather than PM, as I have repeatedly been accused of being the forum "tattle tale", when in fact, the banned person and others have pointed out who that "road-type" person really is. If I have something to say, I will say it in public.

Respectfully,
Dave F

dnf777
04-12-2011, 05:21 AM

Chris Atkinson

217-454-0361

Whoa, wait a minute. Who registered alias accounts, and why does that even come up?? Are you saying I have, or would do such a thing?

If that accusation is going to fly, perhaps you better just close my account. I have never been anything but honest with you, and that has contrary implications.

Please tell me if I read that wrong.

Hew
04-12-2011, 05:49 AM
Whoa, wait a minute. Who registered alias accounts, and why does that even come up?? Are you saying I have, or would do such a thing?

LOL. Yes, and you proved without a shadow of a doubt, using geometric logic, that a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox DID exist and you know who ate the strawberrys. And you would have produced that key, too, if you hadn't run yourself off from RTF!

Ken Bora
04-12-2011, 05:51 AM
.....In fact, I would encourage you to abolish this waste of time forum. It seems like you spend a disproportionate amount of your time here. ......

Respectfully,
Dave F

Dave,
Aren't you one of the most frequent post makers here in POTUS?
Top 4 at least.:cool:
And you type somebody else spends too much time here?
Gosh Friend, has somebody pilfered your bathroom mirror?:rolleyes:

Ken Bora
04-12-2011, 05:54 AM
LOL. a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox DID exist and you know who ate the strawberrys.

Old Yellow Stain strikes again ;-)

dnf777
04-12-2011, 07:36 AM
Dave,
And you type somebody else spends too much time here?
Gosh Friend, has somebody pilfered your bathroom mirror?:rolleyes:

Yes Ken, I happen to enjoy political debate. Unfortunately, as Hews post above demonstrates, this place has a cadre of people with an agenda and inablilty to have a civil discussion without resorting to personal insults.

You and I have disagreed in a very civil manner, and came away what I would consider "friends". Many others also. In case you haven't noticed, there is a cadre of those who constantly launch personal insults, to the point where Yardley, Duck, and several others who dare to disagree with the trio of excellence, have left. The more I ignore them, the more they attempt to drag me into thier cesspools.

The only reason I stick around here is folks like you, franco, cary, and many others who can debate without getting personal.

Even stan cried when I quoted his "headshot" comment. Get it? Its ok to scream HEADSHOT at a liberal or indie, but when I just reference his quote, it gets called. Just sayin.....frankly I don't care. I have far better things to do now that the weather is warming and business is getting ramped up.

If my reference to Stan's comment is taboo, Chris is free to ban me, and Stan and his group can celebrate and self-congratulate. I'll be in the field with the dog, or on the boat. Either way, if this forum can't be conducted in an adult, civil tone, I sure as hell have better things to do. If it can, I enjoy participating.

Chris: if my comments above don't jive, please remove me from the list. I will not be offended in any way, in fact, I will probably thank you. In all honesty, I see more and more of this type of behavior seeping onto the main training forums, and gather less and less useful info there as well. The few accomplished trainers who have something to offer often get mired in insults there as well by these very types.

Stan succeeded in snitching to get Gibson banned, whom I have continued a friendship with on photography forums, and have heard the entire story of what happened. Perhaps he has succeeded in getting me to leave as well.

I will keep in touch, and consider you a friend as well, and will respect any decision you make. For the ounce of good discussion I get here, it costs pounds of fat and sinew.

dnf777
04-12-2011, 07:39 AM
Dave,
And you type somebody else spends too much time here?Gosh Friend, has somebody pilfered your bathroom mirror?:rolleyes:

Not participating..........policing.

I'm sure Chris had other ideas in mind when creating this site.

Chris Atkinson
04-12-2011, 08:09 AM
Not participating..........policing.

I'm sure Chris had other ideas in mind when creating this site.

DNF,

Whatever "true stories" you think you have, I assure you they are skewed significantly.

Please read this.

http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?t=64718&highlight=Warning

Feel free to read posts 8 and 9 especially.

You have misled me DNF. I was under the impression you were going to change some behaviors on this POTUS board.

The ball is in your court. Please tell me how you want to handle this.

Please, let's just have you be accountable for your behaviors Doc. Don't worry about anyone else's conduct but your own. That's all I'm asking you to be accountable for.

Is that fair?

That poor victim who told you the true story...he had lots and lots of line fed out. He had many opportunities to use the resource right. He showed himself to be incapable of and unwilling to be accountable for his own actions.

Your turn. Let's just agree on how it's going to be and then get on with life.

Thanks, Chris

zeus3925
04-12-2011, 08:13 AM
I wouldn't feel at all bad about being snubbed by the British royal family. We fought two wars to get them off our backs in order to rid the populace of royal privilege.

What irks me, somehow, we get sucked up in sending troops and treasure to combat turmoil in their former empire repeatedly.

dnf777
04-12-2011, 08:40 AM
DNF,

Whatever "true stories" you think you have, I assure you they are skewed significantly.

Please read this.

http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?t=64718&highlight=Warning

Feel free to read posts 8 and 9 especially.

You have misled me DNF. I was under the impression you were going to change some behaviors on this POTUS board.

The ball is in your court. Please tell me how you want to handle this.

Please, let's just have you be accountable for your behaviors Doc. Don't worry about anyone else's conduct but your own. That's all I'm asking you to be accountable for.

Is that fair?

That poor victim who told you the true story...he had lots and lots of line fed out. He had many opportunities to use the resource right. He showed himself to be incapable of and unwilling to be accountable for his own actions.

Your turn. Let's just agree on how it's going to be and then get on with life.

Thanks, Chris

The type of behavior referred to in those posts has NOT recurred from me. I cannot control others, nor do I give a hoot to. If my reference to another's comment was out of line, fine, I accept responsibility for that and will desist that type of comment. But I have not misled you, and still wondering what the comment about aliases was about? I have not, and will not use aliases. If I have something to say, it will be said under the DNF777 banner. I owe you that. And in return, I don't expect to have inferences to aliases attached to my name.

LIke I said, I will respect whatever decision you make. I would much rather chat with you on the dog fields than on the computer screen anyday, as friends. (as with anyone else here)

Losthwy
04-12-2011, 09:26 AM
Some may not be aware there is a red triangle icon at the left hand corner of every post. It is there to report abuse.

mjh345
04-12-2011, 09:35 AM
More recognition of how inept the POTUS currently in the WH is. UB

LONDON DAILY TELEGRAPH - very astute!

The American people can now more readily "understand" why the Obama's were omitted from the guest list to the Royal wedding in April! This is a very sobering article. Our handling of relationships with the Britons over the oil spill didn't help either.

From The London Daily Telegraph Editor On Foreign Relations

Quote:

"Let me be clear: I'm not normally in favor of boycotts, and I love the American people. I holiday in their country regularly, and hate the tedious snobby sneers against the United States . But the American people chose to elect an idiot who seems hell bent on insulting their allies, and something must be done to stop Obama's reckless foreign policy, before he does the dirty on his allies on every issue."

One of the most poorly kept secrets in Washington is President Obama's animosity toward Great Britain , presumably because of what he regards as its sins while ruling Kenya (1895-1963).

One of Barack Hussein Obama's first acts as president was to return to Britain a bust of Winston Churchill that had graced the Oval Office since 9/11. He followed this up by denying Prime Minister Gordon Brown, on his first state visit, the usual joint press conference with flags.

The president was "too tired" to grant the leader of America 's closest ally a proper welcome, his aides told British journalists.

Mr. Obama followed this up with cheesy gifts for Mr. Brown and the Queen. Columnist Ian Martin described his behavior as "rudeness personified." There was more rudeness in store for Mr. Brown at the opening session of the United Nations in September. "The prime minister was forced to dash through the kitchens of the UN in New York to secure five minutes of face time with President Obama after five requests for a sit down meeting were rejected by the White House", said London Telegraph columnist David Hughes. Mr. Obama's "churlishness is unforgivable", Mr.. Hughes said.

The administration went beyond snubs and slights last week when Secretary of State Hillary Clinton endorsed the demand of Argentine President Cristina Kirchner, a Hugo Chavez ally, for mediation of Argentina 's specious claim to the Falkland Islands , a British dependency since 1833. The people who live in the Falklands, who speak English, want nothing to do with Argentina . When, in 1982, an earlier Argentine dictatorship tried to seize the Falklands by force, the British -- with strong support from President Ronald Reagan -- expelled them.

"It is truly shocking that Barack Obama has decided to disregard our shared history," wrote Telegraph columnist Toby Young. "Does Britain 's friendship really mean so little to him?" One could ask, does the friendship of anyone in the entire world mean anything to him?

"I recently asked several senior administration officials, separately, to name a foreign leader with whom Barack Obama has forged a strong personal relationship during his first year in office," wrote Jackson Diehl, deputy editorial page editor of the Washington Post, on Monday. "A lot of hemming and hawing ensued." One official named French President Nicolas Sarkozy, but his contempt for Mr. Obama is an open secret. Another named German Chancellor Angela Merkel. But, said Mr. Diehl, "Merkel too has been conspicuously cool toward Obama."

Mr. Obama certainly doesn't care about the Poles and Czechs, whom he has betrayed on missile defense. Honduras and Israel also can attest that he's been an unreliable ally and an unfaithful friend. Ironically, our relations with both Israel and the Palestinian Authority have never been worse. Russia has offered nothing in exchange for Mr. Obama's abandonment of missile defense. Russia and China won't support serious sanctions on Iran. Syria's support for terrorism has not diminished despite efforts to normalize diplomatic relations. The reclusive military dictatorship that runs Burma has responded to our efforts at "engagement" by deepening its ties to North Korea .

And the Chinese make little effort to disguise their contempt for him.

-- London Daily Telegraph editor -- Alex Singleton

Keep posting UB the odds are that eventually you will start a factually accurate thread

M&K's Retrievers
04-12-2011, 02:43 PM
Dang it! Go turkey hunting for three days and miss all the fireworks.:shock:

If only they had cell towers in Western Oklahoma regards, :razz::razz::razz:

troy schwab
04-12-2011, 03:23 PM
Dang it! Go turkey hunting for three days and miss all the fireworks.:shock:

If only they had cell towers in Western Oklahoma regards, :razz::razz::razz:

Get your chicken????

M&K's Retrievers
04-12-2011, 05:07 PM
Get your chicken????

Got 2. A 9 inch and 9 1/4 inch. Six of us went and all limited with 11 Toms and one Bearded Hen. Smallest was 8 3/4". Largest was 9 1/2".

huntinman
04-12-2011, 05:21 PM
Got 2. A 9 inch and 9 1/4 inch. Six of us went and all limited with 11 Toms and one Bearded Hen. Smallest was 8 3/4". Largest was 9 1/2".

M&K, are those birds out there Rio's?

M&K's Retrievers
04-12-2011, 06:33 PM
M&K, are those birds out there Rio's?

Yes sir. In three days I probably saw easily over 400 birds. I couldn't guess how many our group saw. It was not uncommon to have 80 or so come in off the roost in the morning. They bust up during the day in to smaller groups and of course the hens ease off to lay. We had winds of 30-35 gusting to 50 Sunday and Monday. That made for funny strutting at times.

troy schwab
04-13-2011, 09:30 AM
Sweet! Congrats Mike!