PDA

View Full Version : Republicans find themselves on Medicare hot seat

Roger Perry
04-13-2011, 03:31 PM
Now it’s their turn to try to fix the health care mess. Republicans, just like President Barack Obama, may discover that’s easier said than done.
The GOP budget expected to go to the full House this week would remake health care programs for the elderly and the poor that have been in place for nearly half a century. Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan, R-Wis., says his approach would “save” Medicare by keeping the financially troubled program affordable for federal taxpayers.
But it turns out that people now 54 and younger would pay the price.
By one authoritative estimate, they’d be on the hook for most of their own health care costs after they become eligible for Medicare as retirees. The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office says the typical beneficiary would be expected to pay more than two-thirds of his or her medical costs by the year 2030.
http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/40333

road kill
04-13-2011, 03:42 PM
Now it’s their turn to try to fix the health care mess. Republicans, just like President Barack Obama, may discover that’s easier said than done.
The GOP budget expected to go to the full House this week would remake health care programs for the elderly and the poor that have been in place for nearly half a century. Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan, R-Wis., says his approach would “save” Medicare by keeping the financially troubled program affordable for federal taxpayers.
By one authoritative estimate, they’d be on the hook for most of their own health care costs after they become eligible for Medicare as retirees. The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office says the typical beneficiary would be expected to pay more than two-thirds of his or her medical costs by the year 2030.

Is this your idea of debate?

It is truly nothing more than spam.

Share your opinions or ideas on this.
All you do is post left wing progressive liberal talking points.

Share an original thought.

RK

troy schwab
04-13-2011, 04:10 PM
Fix the entitlements and the economy and healthcare will take care of itself........ Roger ..... you are quite the world wide web surfer....... I pray to God that you never lose internet service, because you then my have to generate an original thought that might involve a single synapse firing..... it doesnt hurt....... really.

Roger Perry
04-13-2011, 05:52 PM
Is this your idea of debate?

It is truly nothing more than spam.

Share your opinions or ideas on this.
All you do is post left wing progressive liberal talking points.

Share an original thought.

RK

I will remember that next time you post an article.;-)
Never mind I don't have to wait----Do you remember this thread you started?http://new.retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?t=69294
Or how about the one on Union Tactics------http://new.retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?t=68831

road kill
04-13-2011, 06:19 PM
I will remember that next time you post an article.;-)
Never mind I don't have to wait----Do you remember this thread you started?http://new.retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?t=69294
Or how about the one on Union Tactics------http://new.retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?t=68831

Look at the bottom genius, I posted my thoughts about the article.
Get a 4th grader to explain it to you.

ROFLMAO!!!!:p

RK

Roger Perry
04-13-2011, 06:37 PM

RK

It's for the kids is not much of a thought.

Ryan's plan call for medicare to be replaced by vouchers toward health care insurance seniors will have to purchase causing seniors to pay more out of pocket for the same coverage we have now. If his plan goes into effect those over 55 will still have the same medicare plan as we have today. It would only affect those under 55 years old.

I suggest the people under 55 put more money away not only for retirement but to pay for their health insurance coverage as well.;-)

M&K's Retrievers
04-13-2011, 07:12 PM
I....
I suggest the people under 55 put more money away not only for retirement but to pay for their health insurance coverage as well.;-)

Let's not forget that while they are doing all this saving for retirement, they have to pay for living today, college for their kids in the future, etc.

Easier said than done regards,

Eric Johnson
04-13-2011, 08:13 PM
Roger ..... you are quite the world wide web surfer.....

Nah... He only posts from CapitalBlue and the Huffington Post.

Eric

Buzz
04-13-2011, 09:11 PM

Ryan's plan call for medicare to be replaced by vouchers toward health care insurance seniors will have to purchase causing seniors to pay more out of pocket for the same coverage we have now. If his plan goes into effect those over 55 will still have the same medicare plan as we have today. It would only affect those under 55 years old.

Won't be possible to save the money required. Better have a nice shiny bullet handy for the day you get bad news from your Doc.

dnf777
04-13-2011, 09:31 PM
Won't be possible to save the money required. Better have a nice shiny bullet handy for the day you get bad news from your Doc.

Agreed. It is unrealistic to restructure your entire retirement plans in a 10 year window. Not impossible, but I doubt many would like the numbers when worked out. But that's what millions of workers have had to do anyway regarding pensions being yanked, benefits cut, etc...

Just listen to Capt. Sully, who landed on the Hudson talk about what ALPA members have endured recently.

Frank Lorenzo regards.....

JDogger
04-13-2011, 09:55 PM

RK

You once, a long time ago implored me to be polite. I again implore you.

Be better, Stan.

JD

luvmylabs23139
04-13-2011, 10:01 PM

Be better, Stan.

JD

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!:rolleyes:

JDogger
04-13-2011, 10:11 PM
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!:rolleyes:

You too luvy, you too. Did you read the janitor's posts?

I'll not call you "fishwife". Now you be better too. Can You?

JD

M&K's Retrievers
04-13-2011, 10:16 PM
Sometimes this place sucks. :(

TxHillHunter
04-14-2011, 05:53 PM

Good advice REGARDLESS of how the Deficit mess works out....If you're under 55 and relying on Social Security or Medicare to take care of you when you retire....good luck! It is completely obvious that both of these systems CANNOT BE SUSTAINED as is. $4 Trillion in 12 years, if it actually comes out like that, will not save them either. It would appear that Ryan sees that and is at least attempting to make some changes that would keep the programs alive, albeit VERY different.....but insolvency in the programs would look very different too.

We cannot afford the programs as they are now....and mobs of experts have been saying so for at least a decade. As a 45 year old, I'm counting on neither and planning that way.

Cowtown
04-14-2011, 05:57 PM

Their turn? I don't recall Obabble fixing that mess or any other mess.

For some reason, I thought Obabble was President still and the Dem's controlled the Senate? Why is it the GOP's turn if they don't have the oval office or control of congress? The GOP controls 1/2 of 1/3.

Are you saying that it's the GOP's turn because the Dem's have failed and can't figure it out?

Cowtown
04-14-2011, 06:00 PM

That's what the Death Panels are for....to make that decision on your behalf.

Because as we all know, you are too dumb to make that decision for yourself and some panel member is way more educated and knows what's best for you.

Losthwy
04-14-2011, 06:41 PM
That's what the Death Panels are for....to make that decision on your behalf.

Because as we all know, you are too dumb to make that decision for yourself and some panel member is way more educated and knows what's best for you.

http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?t=57679

duckheads
04-15-2011, 01:33 PM
Lighten up Francis! I believe he was speaking in general terms not calling someone dumb!

road kill
04-15-2011, 01:35 PM

Be better, Stan.

JD

Yeah, Jan, a very long time ago, and it was fruitless.
If I need advice on behavior and post content, rest assured, it won't be you I seek advice from.:D

RK

Cowtown
04-16-2011, 07:47 AM
Lighten up Francis! I believe he was speaking in general terms not calling someone dumb!

That's exactly right, I wasn't attacking Buzz I was agreeing with him actually!!!

I definitely wasn't calling him dumb and apologize if I was misunderstood.

My point was about the "nanny state" and my belief of more individual freedoms and liberty and less government intervention in our lives.

It was meant to be a tongue in cheek joke but I guess it didn't come off well.