PDA

View Full Version : President's Speech

Gerry Clinchy
04-14-2011, 04:21 PM
Can hardly believe that no one has brought up the POTUS speech from Wednesday.

Sounded like a campaign speech ... which would coincide with his announcement to run for re-election.

Of course, not exactly a way to create fans by saying you're going to raise taxes.

BonMallari
04-14-2011, 04:32 PM
most if not all of his speeches sound like campaign speeches...How many speeches did he make when trying to sell Obamacare....dont think he will get the same frenzy and media crush that he got last time around...not unless the kool aid is in the water system

road kill
04-14-2011, 04:41 PM
Can hardly believe that no one has brought up the POTUS speech from Wednesday.

Sounded like a campaign speech ... which would coincide with his announcement to run for re-election.

Of course, not exactly a way to create fans by saying you're going to raise taxes.

Well, I sort of did.
I let Biden's actions (or lack of action) speak to the inspiration of the speech of a man that is in over his head.
http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?t=69509
He is scared to death of Ryan.
Wouldn't you love to see Obama and Ryan debate economics, the debt and spending???

Someone would get embarrassed.....badly!

RK

BonMallari
04-14-2011, 04:58 PM
Well, I sort of did.
I let Biden's actions (or lack of action) speak to the inspiration of the speech of a man that is in over his head.
http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?t=69509
He is scared to death of Ryan.
Wouldn't you love to see Obama and Ryan debate economics, the debt and spending???

RK

Rep's like Ryan and Cantor are the new lifeblood of the Party..they both have fresher approaches than some of the old curmudgeons that inhabit Congress...BHO would never debate with them he would send Geitner or one of his other experts to do his bidding...and Ryan would chew them up

luvmylabs23139
04-14-2011, 05:14 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how 38.5 billion X 12 = 750 Billion

I guess I didn't pay enough attention in math class because I thought it equaled 462 Billion.

huntinman
04-14-2011, 10:38 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how 38.5 billion X 12 = 750 Billion

I guess I didn't pay enough attention in math class because I thought it equaled 462 Billion.

Now it equals 352 billion...

Buzz
04-14-2011, 10:58 PM

RK

Yes, I would very much like to see that. But it won't happen. Your next nominee with get that pleasure.

Rep's like Ryan and Cantor are the new lifeblood of the Party..they both have fresher approaches than some of the old curmudgeons that inhabit Congress...BHO would never debate with them he would send Geitner or one of his other experts to do his bidding...and Ryan would chew them up

Like I said, all they gotta do is get nominated to run for president.

Marvin S
04-15-2011, 01:36 PM
Like I said, all they gotta do is get nominated to run for president.

I give them credit for outlining something concrete, which is more than most politicos will do. From this point on the debate will have some sort of frame, which was set by Congressman Ryan. I do not agree with all the changes as I believe they don't go deep enough to handle the debt & the eventual interest charges on same. @ 5%, the interest on 14 Tril is a nice chunk of change.

So my question to you would be - are you prepared to call out your congress critters when they demagogue the issues? As the POTUS did in his speech!!!!!!!