PDA

View Full Version : Ballots are now totaled: Prosser wins by 7,316

Roger Perry
04-16-2011, 08:53 AM
State Supreme Court Justice David Prosser emerged as the winner Friday over challenger JoAnne Kloppenburg in a heated election that drew national attention because of the fight over collective bargaining and a ballot reporting error in Waukesha County.
A canvass of vote totals (http://gab.wi.gov/April5SupremeCourt) from the state's 72 counties finalized Friday afternoon shows Prosser beating Kloppenburg, an assistant attorney general, by 7,316 votes. Initial results in the election had showed Kloppenburg leading the race. The final canvass of the April 5 vote was completed 10 days after the election, the maximum allowed by state law.
The margin - 0.488% - is within the 0.5% limit that would allow Kloppenburg to request a statewide recount at taxpayers' expense.

I hope Kloppengurg does not request a statewide recount costing the Wisconsin taxpayers about a million dollars. 7,316 votes is too much to try to overcome. She was not expected to come close to winning the election and was supposed to have lost by a landslide. By the number of votes she received the people let the Republican party know what they thought of Governor Walkers plan to bust the unions there.

subroc
04-16-2011, 09:09 AM
State Supreme Court Justice David Prosser emerged as the winner Friday over challenger JoAnne Kloppenburg in a heated election that drew national attention because of the fight over collective bargaining and a ballot reporting error in Waukesha County.
A canvass of vote totals (http://gab.wi.gov/April5SupremeCourt) from the state's 72 counties finalized Friday afternoon shows Prosser beating Kloppenburg, an assistant attorney general, by 7,316 votes. Initial results in the election had showed Kloppenburg leading the race. The final canvass of the April 5 vote was completed 10 days after the election, the maximum allowed by state law.
The margin - 0.488% - is within the 0.5% limit that would allow Kloppenburg to request a statewide recount at taxpayers' expense.

I hope Kloppengurg does not request a statewide recount costing the Wisconsin taxpayers about a million dollars. 7,316 votes is too much to try to overcome. She was not expected to come close to winning the election and was supposed to have lost by a landslide. By the number of votes she received the people let the Republican party know what they thought of Governor Walkers plan to bust the unions there.

So she was expected to lose by a landslide yet made it a competitive (less than a percentage point) race and that is some definitive indictment of Walker?

dixidawg
04-16-2011, 09:36 AM
I am just a poor boy
Though my story's seldom told
I have squandered my resistance
For a pocket full of mumbles such are promises
All lies and jests
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest

Simon & Garfunkel - The Boxer

M&K's Retrievers
04-16-2011, 09:57 AM
By the number of votes she received the people let the Republican party know what they thought of Governor Walkers plan to bust the unions there. [/COLOR][/B]

Your right for once. They did let them know what they thought. A majority approve of Walkers plans.

huntinman
04-16-2011, 10:08 AM
Millions of dollars and hudreds of thousands of hours of manpower from the unions and the dems still could not win.

Roger Perry
04-16-2011, 11:20 AM
Millions of dollars and hudreds of thousands of hours of manpower from the unions and the dems still could not win.

There was not any Republican/Democrat listed on the ballot for the election of Wisconsin State Supreme Court. Just their names were listed with no party affiliation.;-) I am willing to bet there were tens of thousands of people of the Republican Party that voted for Kloppenburg because the issues were Governor Walkers wanting to pass a law taking away union bargaining rights for public employees.

huntinman
04-16-2011, 12:21 PM
There was not any Republican/Democrat listed on the ballot for the election of Wisconsin State Supreme Court. Just their names were listed with no party affiliation.;-) I am willing to bet there were tens of thousands of people of the Republican Party that voted for Kloppenburg because the issues were Governor Walkers wanting to pass a law taking away union bargaining rights for public employees.

If so, thankfully they lost.

Uncle Bill
04-16-2011, 01:47 PM

"...tens of thousands" ??????????? Could you be slightly more specific? And, of course, since you are "willing to bet" you'd be able to back that bet with 'proof' eh? Once you have verification, I'll get a pool together that will take that bet.:rolleyes:

UB

Roger Perry
04-16-2011, 02:22 PM
"...tens of thousands" ??????????? Could you be slightly more specific? And, of course, since you are "willing to bet" you'd be able to back that bet with 'proof' eh? Once you have verification, I'll get a pool together that will take that bet.:rolleyes:

UB

UB, how would anyone prove how one voted or which party one was affiliated with that did vote for the person of their choice for Wisconsin Supreme Court. There was no party affilitation listed after Processor's name or Kloppenburg's name. There are teachers and public employees of both parties that voted for who they wanted on the supreme court. Processor was the overwelming favorite before Governor Walker came out with his union busting bill and that race tightened up in a hurry.

Uncle Bill
04-16-2011, 03:20 PM
UB, how would anyone prove how one voted or which party one was affiliated with that did vote for the person of their choice for Wisconsin Supreme Court. There was no party affilitation listed after Processor's name or Kloppenburg's name. There are teachers and public employees of both parties that voted for who they wanted on the supreme court. Processor was the overwelming favorite before Governor Walker came out with his union busting bill and that race tightened up in a hurry.

Well GAWLEE...am I hearing a renege? No bet now?

Realizing this may have slid over your head, I was pointing out the vapidness of your "bet". It was tantamount to making a bet back in the '50s that the moon was made of cheese. You could bet millions on that, until Neil Armstrong discovered otherwise.

Does it prop you up to make a foolish statement such as that? What prompted you to stop at 'tens of thousands'? Why not an Obama number like 'several trillion'? It wouldn't have been any less incredulous.

Ah well, I'm sure you impressed the rest of your legions that seldom think anything through, before uttering some phoney tripe to embellish your standing with the other like-minded-lefties. I see you've recruited a couple of Rads to your hanging chad group. Congrats. Always fun to watch more members of the Obama toadies continue to fall on the sword for their messiah.

UB

dnf777
04-16-2011, 06:09 PM

I can only guess at the screams of chicago-style voting and fraud had this event taken place in the opposite direction! Mysteriously, a block of uncounted votes appears at the 11th hour? I can hear it now!
Thankfully, working people can cede a loss peacefully, even under suspicious circumstances.

BrianW
04-16-2011, 06:53 PM
In regards to "Chicago style politics" I find it interesting that, from what I've read, these votes were tallied on a personal computer and that "Staff from Wisconsin's Government Accountability Board, which oversees elections, are now examining Waukesha's election results, as well as the way the vote count and reporting was handled..." http://www.businessinsider.com/badger-state-officials-examine-surprise-supreme-court-votes-2011-4
Unlike the ones owned by the various vote tallying companies that refuse to let their machines/software be examined by auditors. re: Votescam in the guise of 'proprietary interests" :rolleyes:

Maybe that's why the screams/howls of outrage & protest are not being heard?

Computers are wonderful tools but subject all kinds of malfeasance. I've had serious reservations about their use in elections for many years now.

road kill
04-16-2011, 07:06 PM
The votes were not reported to the AP.
Traditionally they post the numbers first.
(not law)
The tally was reported on the Huffington post that night.
The numbers have been canvassed and reported to the Wisconsin GAB.
They were verified and approved yesterday.

There was a small issue of an 11,000 over vote in Madison.
It appears that WITHIN THE LAW several thousand UW students registered and voted only for Kloppenberg and not for the Mayoral race in Madison.
(hard working tax payers)
The law states that residency is only required for 10 days prior to an election to be eligible to vote.

Spin it any way you want and cast whatever dispersions you want.

The people of WI have spoken, AGAIN.:D

BTW--When Kloppenberg thought she had a 250 vote lead she said this;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPOOPVKe0u0
But when it is confirmed she is down by over 7,000 votes, nothing.
The union will decide if she demands a recount or not, at the voters expense.
She is a MOONBAT!!!!

RK

dnf777
04-16-2011, 08:15 PM
Spin it any way you want and cast whatever dispersions you want.

RK

I didn't spin anything, nor even comment about the election itself at all. I only commented on the reaction (or lack of) in regards to the circumstances, and what it would likely have been if the results went in the opposite direction by the last minute "discovery" of uncounted votes.

MeloGooreob
04-17-2011, 08:53 AM
If women are not running the EIBA it must be the one organisation in bowls they are not running.