PDA

View Full Version : Putting The Obama citzenship to rest.

cotts135
04-16-2011, 10:17 AM
Donald Trump has recently brought up the issue of President Obama's citizenship. His claim is that the president has not produced a valid birth certificate only a certificate of birth, which he says is not enough. Apparently he has sent a team of his own crack investigators over to Hawaii to uncover this huge conspiracy and satisfy his own delusional thinking that Obama has pulled the biggest scam in US history.
The problem with Trump and his fellow birther claims is that it is all completely irrelevant None of it matters, nothing. You see, what hasn't been mentioned or reported is that no matter where Obama was born, be it Kenya, India, Somalia , he is entitled to US citizenship by the fact that his mother is a US citizen .Now I have not heard one person challenge her citizenship , although I suspect I will, when it becomes more generally known about this fact that completely invalidates all the birthers claims. Donald should stick to his Real estate and golf course building adventures, but we know his ego is to big and he loves the publicity this is giving him.
That's the end of the story, period ,game over.
Start with this link if you care to satisfy your curiosity

http://www.usconstitution.net/consttop_citi.html

Eric Johnson
04-16-2011, 11:21 AM
Unless at least one parent resided in the US for a period of a year, Title 8 really isn't applicable.

The real issue is "so what"? I don't believe there is a provision in either the Constitution or US Code to deal with a situation of a person elected who was not eligible. Even impeachment doesn't strictly apply or offer relief. The next election is the one source of relief.

Eric

Roger Perry
04-16-2011, 11:45 AM
Mr. McCain’s likely nomination as the Republican candidate for president and the happenstance of his birth in the Panama Canal Zone in 1936 are reviving a musty debate that has surfaced periodically since the founders first set quill to parchment and declared that only a “natural-born citizen” can hold the nation’s highest office.

Mr. McCain was born on a military installation in the Canal Zone, where his mother and father, a Navy officer, were stationed. His campaign advisers say they are comfortable that Mr. McCain meets the requirement and note that the question was researched for his first presidential bid in 1999 and reviewed again this time around.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/28/us/politics/28mccain.html?_r=1

I wonder how many birthers would be questioning McCain's eligiblity to be president if he had gotten elected??????????????????

luvmylabs23139
04-16-2011, 12:04 PM
Mr. McCain’s likely nomination as the Republican candidate for president and the happenstance of his birth in the Panama Canal Zone in 1936 are reviving a musty debate that has surfaced periodically since the founders first set quill to parchment and declared that only a “natural-born citizen” can hold the nation’s highest office.

Mr. McCain was born on a military installation in the Canal Zone, where his mother and father, a Navy officer, were stationed. His campaign advisers say they are comfortable that Mr. McCain meets the requirement and note that the question was researched for his first presidential bid in 1999 and reviewed again this time around.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/28/us/politics/28mccain.html?_r=1

I wonder how many birthers would be questioning McCain's eligiblity to be president if he had gotten elected??????????????????

Apples and oranges. Mc Caine was born to 2 US citizens who were married on US territory
OBUMMA's cert of live birth proves squat.
MY FIL only has a cert of live birth and we have tried to get at the original.
WE can't but if he had been born in HI we could vs. NY.
HIs cert of live birth lists his parents but they are not his bio parents, tey are his adoptive parents and list his adoptive name not his birth name.
A cert of live birth is not proof of anything.
By the way HI just changed their law and will no longer issue a long form anyone.
Stange law change. Is that to cover BUMFACE"S ass?????

Roger Perry
04-16-2011, 12:16 PM
Apples and oranges. Mc Caine was born to 2 US citizens who were married on US territory
OBUMMA's cert of live birth proves squat.
MY FIL only has a cert of live birth and we have tried to get at the original.
WE can't but if he had been born in HI we could vs. NY.
HIs cert of live birth lists his parents but they are not his bio parents, tey are his adoptive parents and list his adoptive name not his birth name.
A cert of live birth is not proof of anything.
By the way HI just changed their law and will no longer issue a long form anyone.
Stange law change. Is that to cover BUMFACE"S ass?????

Anyone born inside the United States *
Any Indian or Eskimo born in the United States, provided being a citizen of the U.S. does not impair the person's status as a citizen of the tribe
Any one born outside the United States, both of whose parents are citizens of the U.S., as long as one parent has lived in the U.S.
Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year and the other parent is a U.S. national
Any one born in a U.S. possession, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year
Any one found in the U.S. under the age of five, whose parentage cannot be determined, as long as proof of non-citizenship is not provided by age 21
Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years (with military and diplomatic service included in this time)
A final, historical condition: a person born before 5/24/1934 of an alien father and a U.S. citizen mother who has lived in the U.S.According to the Constitution, President Obama would qualify even if he was born outside of the United States.;-) Unless you think he was born to 2 aliens from outer space.

M&K's Retrievers
04-16-2011, 01:27 PM
What difference does it make at this point? We are stuck with him until the voters throw him out or the end of his second term if reelected. Does anyone think that having dozing Joe Biden would be an improvement? At least Pelosi in no longer 3rd in line.

Roger Perry
04-16-2011, 01:40 PM
What difference does it make at this point? We are stuck with him until the voters throw him out or the end of his second term if reelected. Does anyone think that having dozing Joe Biden would be an improvement? At least Pelosi in no longer 3rd in line.

Totally agree with you there. Even if Obama was elected for a 2nd term Biden would have no chance to win an election if he were to run after that. And Pelosi is as wacky as they come.

Uncle Bill
04-16-2011, 04:00 PM

Totally agree with you there. Even if Obama was elected for a 2nd term Biden would have no chance to win an election if he were to run after that. And Pelosi is as wacky as they come.

My, my, my, how loquatious you become when slapped with the truth that you finally understand. Sorta like being hit with a bucket of warm spit eh?

Apparently those Pelosi sword wounds have healed now? But how disingenuous of you to come down on your messiahs veep. Can we now consider you as one of the rats jumping ship? :rolleyes:

Does this mean your moving into the Sarah Palin column? Next thing you'll be telling us is that you're joining the Tea Party, and will accept the 40 lashes penance for calling us teabaggers.:cool:

UB

Buzz
04-16-2011, 04:22 PM
The new law in Arizona is a freak'in joke. Apparently they do not want to accept the proof that Hawaii offers as proof that Obama was born there. A funny thing called the full faith and credit clause of the US constitution requires that they do. Arizona will lose in the courts.

Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State. And the Congress may by general Laws prescribe the Manner in which such Acts, Records and Proceedings shall be proved, and the Effect thereof.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_Four_of_the_United_States_Constitution

Kinda hard to have a "United States" without it...

Trump and others of his ilk are nothing but blowhards.

Franco
04-18-2011, 08:55 AM
Why would Obama spend so much money keeping his BC and school records private?

Could it be that on both he is classified as a Muslim?

road kill
04-18-2011, 09:07 AM

I beleive Trump knows this.
I checked my B/C.
It states I was born a Baptist as that is what my parents were.
I am not a Baptist, but that is on both my B/C & my dog tags ( a US military issued peice of adornment).

I do not think Obama is a Muslim.
(though I see him as a Muslim sympathiser)
I don't think that matters.

But then, being Morman shouldn't matter either, should it?:rolleyes:
I am certain it will matter to some if not many.

Just sayin'..........

RK

Julie R.
04-18-2011, 10:30 AM
You see, what hasn't been mentioned or reported is that no matter where Obama was born, be it Kenya, India, Somalia , he is entitled to US citizenship by the fact that his mother is a US citizen .Now I have not heard one person challenge her citizenship , although I suspect I will, when it becomes more generally known about this fact that completely invalidates all the birthers claims. Donald should stick to his Real estate and golf course building adventures, but we know his ego is to big and he loves the publicity this is giving him.
That's the end of the story, period ,game over.
Start with this link if you care to satisfy your curiosity

http://www.usconstitution.net/consttop_citi.html

Ahem... no one is questioning whether he is a citizen or not. And while your statement above may be true, he is NOT eligible to be the POTUS unless he is a natural born citizen. Which it states right in the link you posted (did you read it?)

While I actively disagree with nearly everything this occupant of the White House has done and think he's an arrogant lightweight that should've stayed in Chtcago organizing communities, I nevertheless find it hard to believe that even he and/or his backers would have the supreme audacity and deceitfulness to hide the country of his birth if it in fact wasn't in the U.S. However, I and many others are decidedly uncomfortable with the shroud of secrecy surrounding the actual certificate as well as other documentation like his school transcripts, etc. as well as the free pass given to the lack of such documentation by the fawning mainstream media and the DNC prior to his election as POTUS. Now that does give any normal person pause and makes one seriously wonder what else he's hiding.

Edited to add: To compare the circumstances of BHO's birth to McCain's...not even close. For the purposes of citizenship a baby born to U.S. parents on a U.S. military base in another country is considered the same as if it was born here and that includes eligibility for POTUS.

BonMallari
04-18-2011, 12:00 PM

Never considered that until now...hmmmm...I also think one of the reasons no one on the left want the records to come out is that no one wants to feel that they may have been duped..those that voted for him or support him will feel like a mark in a con game, and no one wants to be taken

Jason Glavich
04-18-2011, 01:02 PM
[LIST]
Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years (with military and diplomatic service included in this time)

Well the five years have to be after age 14, she was 18 when she had him soooooo.....

I believe though this law was changed to read 5 regardless of age in 1978ish or so. I will have to find the exact part that says it again. ANd I will try to find the prior wording for comparison.

dnf777
04-18-2011, 01:24 PM
Has anyone seen Trump's birth certificate? Wasn't he married to a Ruskie?
Hmmmm......

BonMallari
04-18-2011, 01:48 PM
Has anyone seen Trump's birth certificate? Wasn't he married to a Ruskie?
Hmmmm......

and have you seen the daughter they produced....google Ivanka Trump ;-)

Buzz
04-18-2011, 02:24 PM

Got any documentation of these vast sums of money that Obama has spent to keep BC and school records private? Inquiring minds want to know...

cotts135
04-18-2011, 02:24 PM
[SIZE=3][COLOR=Navy]Ahem... no one is questioning whether he is a citizen or not. And while your statement above may be true, he is NOT eligible to be the POTUS unless he is a natural born citizen. Which it states right in the link you posted (did you read it?)

Well actually I did read it. Here is something to clear up your confusion.

"Ahem" Section 1 of Article Two of the United States Constitution sets forth the eligibility requirements for serving as President of the United States:

“ No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States. ”

Buzz
04-18-2011, 02:35 PM
Well actually I did read it. Here is something to clear up your confusion.

"Ahem" Section 1 of Article Two of the United States Constitution sets forth the eligibility requirements for serving as President of the United States:

“ No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States. ”

Let me help...

Read carefully!