PDA

View Full Version : Yo, Tommy Mac...

Uncle Bill
04-18-2011, 06:15 PM
Say it hain't so.... That God-forsaken state that's bankrupt, along with a gazillion other problems, is now adding to the list this: ?????

Calif. May Require Gay History Lessons
Sunday, 17 Apr 2011 11:21 AM

SACRAMENTO, Calif. - The state Senate has approved legislation that would require California's public schools to include gay history in social studies lessons.

Supporters say the move is needed to counter anti-gay stereotypes and beliefs that make gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender children vulnerable to bullying and suicide.

Opponents said it would burden an already crowded curriculum and expose students to a subject that some parents find objectionable.

The bill, sponsored by Democratic Sen. Mark Leno of San Francisco, passed Thursday on a 23-14 vote. The measure now goes to the Assembly.

It leaves it up to local school districts to decide what to include in the lessons and at what grade students would receive them.

Read more on Newsmax.com: Calif. May Require Gay History Lessons (http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/California-GayHistory-Schools/2011/04/17/id/393120?s=al&promo_code=C19D-1#ixzz1Jv2jyRdz)

Good grief, I have grandkids living in that state. Now my son has to deal with this kind of crap? Is there no end to the communist takeover in the state? With Moonbeam in charge, we should have expected it eh?

UB

dnf777
04-18-2011, 07:20 PM
It leaves it up to local school districts to decide what to include in the lessons and at what grade students would receive them.

UB

Gee, I thought we always hear screaming from the right that curricula should be left up to the states and local districts.

Guess you should be careful what you wish for, huh? Don't worry, I doubt they'll convert. Most kids sleep through history anyway.

ducknwork
04-18-2011, 07:43 PM
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - The state Senate has approved legislation that would require California's public schools to include gay history in social studies lessons.

I'm pretty sure that this is the issue, dnf...

This is incredibly inappropriate and unnecessary to be taught in schools.

Uncle Bill
04-18-2011, 08:06 PM
No kidding GI...what happened to the Dick and Jane stuff. Several generations grew up on that, and we graduated into some pretty heady stuff like Alice in Wonderland etc. :confused:

Who can forget about the Walrus and the Carpenter? I even had the most famous verse memorized:

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--
And why the sea is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings."

Wonder what kind of 'shrooms Mr. Carroll was on? They just don't write them like that anymore.

It was tough stuff to analyze. Like... why did Puff slip back into his cave? Never did much care for Jackie Paper after that.

Oh well...I'm off to honah lee, before it closes.:cool:

UB

dnf777
04-18-2011, 08:18 PM
I'm pretty sure that this is the issue, dnf...

This is incredibly inappropriate and unnecessary to be taught in schools.

Personally, I don't think it should be taught either. But I don't live in California, so I don't have any say so.

If it happened here, I'd be at the school board meeting to express my views. Actually, I might agree to let libs give a 10 minute spiel on homosexuality, if the conservatives on the board agreed to nix the $2.5 million dollar football turf upgrade in our town of 7212 people!!

Good to hear from ya Duck. Been MIA for a while?

(as in MIssing In Action.....not accusing you of dressing up as Woody Allen's fling.....) :D:D

Laura McCaw
04-18-2011, 10:06 PM
Say it hain't so.... That God-forsaken state that's bankrupt, along with a gazillion other problems, is now adding to the list this: ?????

Calif. May Require Gay History Lessons
Sunday, 17 Apr 2011 11:21 AM

Supporters say the move is needed to counter anti-gay stereotypes and beliefs that make gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender children vulnerable to bullying and suicide.
Opponents said it would burden an already crowded curriculum and expose students to a subject that some parents find objectionable.

The bill, sponsored by Democratic Sen. Mark Leno of San Francisco, passed Thursday on a 23-14 vote. The measure now goes to the Assembly.

Read more on Newsmax.com: Calif. May Require Gay History Lessons (http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/California-GayHistory-Schools/2011/04/17/id/393120?s=al&promo_code=C19D-1#ixzz1Jv2jyRdz)

Good grief, I have grandkids living in that state. Now my son has to deal with this kind of crap? Is there no end to the communist takeover in the state? With Moonbeam in charge, we should have expected it eh?

UB

I typically do not post on things like this, but this is ONE of the many many reasons I want to hurry and leave this hideous place!

Also, this may sound wrong BUT, if a person child/adult feels that they are being bullied because of who they are and they want to put on a boo-hoo act and then go and try or succeed with suicide, well then I feel we didn't need them here anyways!!!!

I do not believe in man/man or woman/woman BUT I do not like to judge either so they can do what they want but I don't like when ANYBODY tries to push stuff like this on me and my family! It really angers me to no end! Even if the law doesn't pass, it is the fact that they even considered it! Now, my youngest brother is gay and so is my husband's youngest brother, but whatever floats their boat I say. Also, my brother is the type that wants pity from everybody and has "attempted" suicide, mainly for attention reasons, but I feel you have to be strong in this world and we don't have room for the weak, so have at it, no pity here and all this so called "knowledge" on these things will not make me understand other ppl's life choices, but I have never been one to bully either, I just stay to myself.

Gosh this really frustrates me! Seriously what is this world coming too? It seems California especially, LOVES to cater to the needs of the weak! Whatever, just my 2 cents! Just venting I guess and ashamed I live in a place like this.