PDA

View Full Version : GDG - Throwing Sand in the sandbox - GDG

Chris Atkinson
04-19-2011, 11:15 PM
POTUS now has two formerly regular users who are in a timeout for a period.

In both cases, they seemed to feel that it was fine to bait their opponents, argue on issues, but then come to RTF administration when they felt like the response was too harshly directed at them.

Guys and gals.

The guidelines remain the same on POTUS and all RTF forums. Be civil or be banned.

There are two users who are on a break from posting here due to their game-playing. I don't have time to play games. I'm sure most of you do not either.

Treat others as you would like to be treated. If you hop into the sandbox or mosh pit, and start flinging sand or dancing about, please don't be surprised if you are not met with sympathy, when you report someone else getting sand in your eyes or stepping on your blue suede shoes.

OK Elvis?

Thanks,

Chris

Buzz
04-19-2011, 11:30 PM
Let me make two guesses. :D

M&K's Retrievers
04-20-2011, 09:59 AM
Holy smokes! Wonder what they are gonna do with all that free time ??? ;-)

road kill
04-20-2011, 10:25 AM
Holy smokes! Wonder what they are gonna do with all that free time ??? ;-)
That right there is funny, I don't care who you are!

RK

dnf777
04-20-2011, 10:33 AM
Chris,

Who is suspended?

I've only received an email referring to names being forwarded to the mods?

Who are the mods, and where have they been? Seems like they've been playing air-traffic controller at the helm??

Ken Bora
04-20-2011, 11:29 AM

Who are the mods, and where have they been? Seems like they've been playing air-traffic controller at the helm??

in my best fake Mexican bad guy voice.........

Moderators? We don't need no stinkin' moderators!

... I never was a good fake Mexican.;-)

say what you feel,
mean what you say.
If you wouldn't say it to my face.
just don't type it and step away.
'cause every time you hit submit.
it's there forever on the internets.
and if your gonna run and cry,
don't let the door hit ya.....
just say......
good by!!

and that is what I think about that :rolleyes:

Marvin S
04-20-2011, 11:52 AM
in my best fake Mexican bad guy voice.........

Moderators? We don't need no stinkin' moderators!

... I never was a good fake Mexican.;-)

say what you feel,
mean what you say.
If you wouldn't say it to my face.
just don't type it and step away.
'cause every time you hit submit.
it's there forever on the internets.
and if your gonna run and cry,
don't let the door hit ya.....
just say......
good by!!

and that is what I think about that :rolleyes:

Get up on the wrong side this morning, Ken? :) :) :) :)

dnf777
04-20-2011, 01:00 PM
That right there is funny, I don't care who you are!

RK
What is "funny" in a peculiar way, is that you're still here, and anyone who opposes you, even in a civil manner, is gone.

Now I and everyone else knows what you meant when you said, "I did what I said I would do".

To Chris, I say take me off your forum. It is not moderated well, and is largely useless. Even the main forum is becoming laden with insults and sniping. Most accomplished trainer/handlers stay away, or don't comment much anymore. Newbies are to the point of being pushed into their own room?? Not a positive direction IMO, but its your list, and good luck with it.

To my friends, farewell, I have enjoyed talking, debating, and bouncing ideas around. I have learned a lot from you guys....Hew, Franco, Duck, Ken, Cary, Stump, Buzz, Gerry and others.

To those who helped run me off...I have nothing to say to you, except, YOU WON. You may feel victorious in running off all opposing voices, but you will someday realize, you only hear yourself in that manner, and that stunts growth.

Chris, I hope we can remain friends outside the forum. To show I am more than words, I am asking to be removed from the active list. That is my action. My words would be in order to save this list, I would also remove Stan, Sandyq, UB, and others who's sole purpose of posting is to demean others and contribute nothing to dog training or other stated purposes of the forums. You have exhibited a large double-standard in your enforcement of the rule "BE CIVIL OR BE BANNED". No doubt things will quiet down for a while, but as long as you tolerate the behavior of those above, this problem will resurface from time to time. And take note: all the times you've had to intervene....me, Gibson, Roger......there has also been ONE common denominator in all those situations.....the one who "did what he had to do".......

This is no longer a "sandbox" when certain users post others' place of employment information in an effort to discredit them or their profession. You had a chance to stop that behavior and didn't. When people then say they carried out threats, I have to go to my websites and see if my practice has been anonymously trashed on grading sites. I didn't see any moderator intervention there, and frankly, and oddly, the recipient of that action is now also banned, as where the perpetrator is not.

This list just isn't worth the hassle nor time anymore. I'm sure many could say the same thing lately.

Via con Dios,

Dave

Franco
04-20-2011, 01:16 PM
Dave, don't leave!

We need diversity of opinons here.

POTUS is loaded with right-winged Republicans. It is down to two Libetarians(old-fashioned Conservatives) against the Limbaugh/Hannity Conservatives and Roger if and when he returns!

Before you know it, they'll be touting a Palin/Bachman ticket...help!!!

huntinman
04-20-2011, 01:24 PM
He's not going anywhere unless he gets banned. How many times has he promised he was leaving? Boy crying wolf regards.

WRL
04-20-2011, 01:27 PM
What is "funny" in a peculiar way, is that you're still here, and anyone who opposes you, even in a civil manner, is gone.

Now I and everyone else knows what you meant when you said, "I did what I said I would do".

To Chris, I say take me off your forum. It is not moderated well, and is largely useless. Even the main forum is becoming laden with insults and sniping. Most accomplished trainer/handlers stay away, or don't comment much anymore. Newbies are to the point of being pushed into their own room?? Not a positive direction IMO, but its your list, and good luck with it.

To my friends, farewell, I have enjoyed talking, debating, and bouncing ideas around. I have learned a lot from you guys....Hew, Franco, Duck, Ken, Cary, Stump, Buzz, Gerry and others.

To those who helped run me off...I have nothing to say to you, except, YOU WON. You may feel victorious in running off all opposing voices, but you will someday realize, you only hear yourself in that manner, and that stunts growth.

Chris, I hope we can remain friends outside the forum. To show I am more than words, I am asking to be removed from the active list. That is my action. My words would be in order to save this list, I would also remove Stan, Sandyq, UB, and others who's sole purpose of posting is to demean others and contribute nothing to dog training or other stated purposes of the forums. You have exhibited a large double-standard in your enforcement of the rule "BE CIVIL OR BE BANNED". No doubt things will quiet down for a while, but as long as you tolerate the behavior of those above, this problem will resurface from time to time. And take note: all the times you've had to intervene....me, Gibson, Roger......there has also been ONE common denominator in all those situations.....the one who "did what he had to do".......

This is no longer a "sandbox" when certain users post others' place of employment information in an effort to discredit them or their profession. You had a chance to stop that behavior and didn't. When people then say they carried out threats, I have to go to my websites and see if my practice has been anonymously trashed on grading sites. I didn't see any moderator intervention there, and frankly, and oddly, the recipient of that action is now also banned, as where the perpetrator is not.

This list just isn't worth the hassle nor time anymore. I'm sure many could say the same thing lately.

Via con Dios,

Dave

And this is different from the last time you threatened to leave how? Did you even last a DAY without posting last time you "quit"??

WRL

huntinman
04-20-2011, 01:32 PM

Via con Dios,

Dave

In other words...you can't suspend me. I quit????:rolleyes: Dish it, but can't take it regards...

ErinsEdge
04-20-2011, 01:47 PM
This is Deja Vu?

huntinman
04-20-2011, 01:56 PM
This is Deja Vu?

All over again... (with apologies to Yogi Berra!)

Buzz
04-20-2011, 02:03 PM

Via con Dios,

Dave

The bench on my side of the field is getting pretty thin.

huntinman
04-20-2011, 02:14 PM

Might be time to play for a winning team:cool:

M&K's Retrievers
04-20-2011, 06:05 PM

I wouldn't worry, Buzz. He posted his swan song at 1:00 and he's still logged on at 5:58. :shock:

Losthwy
04-20-2011, 06:19 PM

Oh, put me in, Coach - I'm ready to play today;
Put me in, Coach - I'm ready to play today;
Look at me, I can be Centerfield.

dback
04-20-2011, 06:29 PM

Now that's some funny shait right there.......Buzz, your bench has been thin since day one.......just cause you had some warm bodies didn't mean you had a bench ;-)

road kill
04-20-2011, 06:53 PM
Oh, put me in, Coach - I'm ready to play today;
Put me in, Coach - I'm ready to play today;
Look at me, I can be Centerfield.

uhhhhh.....don't you mean LEFT field??;-)

Just askin'.....

RK

mjh345
04-20-2011, 10:33 PM
Dave, don't leave!

POTUS is loaded with right-winged Republicans. It is down to two Libetarians(old-fashioned Conservatives) against the Limbaugh/Hannity Conservatives and Roger if and when he returns!

What he said
dnf is not even close to many of you when it comes to offensive posting.
The bullying playground gang mentality exhibited by some on here is disgusting.
Differing opinions are welcomed by truly open minded objective people.
Some of you need to grow up

M&K's Retrievers
04-20-2011, 11:15 PM

Cat fight in the White House!!

Mud wrestling regards,

BonMallari
04-20-2011, 11:50 PM
Dave, don't leave!

thats LIBERTARIANS....as in LIBERTY;-)

road kill
04-21-2011, 05:10 AM

Quality, Buzz, not quantity!!

RK

Franco
04-21-2011, 08:13 AM
thats LIBERTARIANS....as in LIBERTY;-)

Sorry, I should be more careful since LIBERTY is a French word.;-)

M&K's Retrievers
04-21-2011, 09:38 AM

Wonder why Chris has to do anything? You come on here and blast Chris, the other moderators, some of the participants, the forum as a whole and ask Chris to remove you. If you don't like it, just leave. If you do like it, stay. Either way, quit belly aching.

luvmylabs23139
04-21-2011, 02:00 PM
[quote=mjh345;789599]What he said
Some of you need to grow up[/quote
Those that go running to moderators are the ones that need to grow up!

luvmylabs23139
04-21-2011, 02:02 PM
No, no, no! Chris has to do something. Chris has to honor DNF's wish and remove him from RTF. For the good of the forum and humanity, DNF's request must be granted, and as fast as possible.

+1000. I've never seen a grown professional adult whine and complain so much.

duk4me
04-21-2011, 05:42 PM

I think you just acquired a free agent to help out.:cool:

Spectator regards,

Marvin S
04-21-2011, 09:29 PM
What he said
dnf is not even close to many of you when it comes to offensive posting.
The bullying playground gang mentality exhibited by some on here is disgusting.
Differing opinions are welcomed by truly open minded objective people.
Some of you need to grow up

As folks post they begin to weave a story about themselves. Your words brand you as someone who has probably never faced a real world situation. While on occasion you do come up with something worthy of reading, your general attitude toward the more moderate on this forum says you did not have that in mind during the post.

While I might cringe on occasion at some of the posts, they are generally made in good faith garnered from real world experience. That's hard to equate with the comments you made in your post. There are few among us who are wordsmiths.

This is not meant to pick anything, it just points out that some of us with that real world experience around real world people perceive things differently.

ducknwork
04-21-2011, 09:52 PM
Dang it. I stop coming around all the time and yall let the whole place fall apart? Tisk tisk...

luvmylabs23139
04-22-2011, 07:43 AM
Dang it. I stop coming around all the time and yall let the whole place fall apart? Tisk tisk...

It's just not the same without you! How goes the new job?

Buzz
04-22-2011, 08:10 AM
As folks post they begin to weave a story about themselves. Your words brand you as someone who has probably never faced a real world situation. While on occasion you do come up with something worthy of reading, your general attitude toward the more moderate on this forum says you did not have that in mind during the post.

Comments like that leave me scratching my head sometimes.

Marvin S
04-22-2011, 08:35 AM
Comments like that leave me scratching my head sometimes.

Try Head & Shoulders :-P, works wonders!!!!!!!

ducknwork
04-22-2011, 09:42 AM
It's just not the same without you! How goes the new job?

It's getting more tolerable every day. I definitely took a lot of things for granted at my old job and I miss a lot of stuff, but they are shutting down in 2 weeks and I still have a job. It's paying the bills and I am able to put a little money in the bank to build my savings back up. I am pretty sure that in the long run, I made an excellent choice, but it is just a lot to get used to and try to muddle through until then. I finally got computer access at my new job, but I don't get to sit down for more than about 45 minutes during a 10 hr shift, lunch break included. That's a huge change from my old job.

Thanks for asking luv, I miss being around here also. By the time I sit down at night, I have just enough time to check the refuge and lurk here before heading to bed....Hope all of you are doing well.

road kill
04-22-2011, 09:45 AM
It's getting more tolerable every day. I definitely took a lot of things for granted at my old job and I miss a lot of stuff, but they are shutting down in 2 weeks and I still have a job. It's paying the bills and I am able to put a little money in the bank to build my savings back up. I am pretty sure that in the long run, I made an excellent choice, but it is just a lot to get used to and try to muddle through until then. I finally got computer access at my new job, but I don't get to sit down for more than about 45 minutes during a 10 hr shift, lunch break included. That's a huge change from my old job.

Thanks for asking luv, I miss being around here also. By the time I sit down at night, I have just enough time to check the refuge and lurk here before heading to bed....Hope all of you are doing well.

Good for you!!!
I am proud of you.
Keep up the good work.

RK

luvmylabs23139
04-22-2011, 10:37 AM

Glad you are settling in at the new job. There is always a bit of a transition period even if you leave a hornets nest for paradise. Just getting into the flow of things and learning the new company's stuff takes a bit of time.

charly_t
04-22-2011, 04:42 PM

Good to hear this. I'm sure you will settle in well.