PDA

View Full Version : Sure is quiet around here!

huntinman
04-21-2011, 12:22 PM
Whats going on out there? Awful quiet... I can hear the birds singing.

Franco
04-21-2011, 02:08 PM
Yea, all dissenting opinions have been run off!

road kill
04-21-2011, 02:13 PM
Yea, all dissenting opinions have been run off!

Noone got "run off" because of dissenting opinions.

RK

Eric Johnson
04-21-2011, 02:19 PM
FWIW, I agree with Franco.

Eric

road kill
04-21-2011, 02:24 PM
FWIW, I agree with Franco.

Eric

Could you explain how someone got "run off" due to a dissenting opinion?
Seriously, I don't think that is what happened.

RK

Buzz
04-21-2011, 02:26 PM
You can have a dissenting opinion without being an A$$ about it. I think now the posts will be better with the arrogant one and the Bush basher gone.

Pot, meet kettle...

Whats going on out there? Awful quiet... I can hear the birds singing.

In my case, I have a secretary who went to Seattle for the holiday weekend. I guess she gets some work done around here...

Cody Covey
04-21-2011, 02:52 PM

RK

Look back through Sandyg's posts and I think it will become quite clear.

Eric Johnson
04-21-2011, 03:26 PM

RK

Well...I guess I can say this. A significant number of the posts here, after the second and third in a thread, are not on the issue raised by the thread but rather on the people who've posted. I've run a lot of forums in the past including some very contentious ones. This is probably the worst as far as the content to insult ratio. Let's just leave it at that.

Eric

huntinman
04-21-2011, 03:31 PM
Well...I guess I can say this. A significant number of the posts here, after the second and third in a thread, are not on the issue raised by the thread but rather on the people who've posted. I've run a lot of forums in the past including some very contentious ones. This is probably the worst as far as the content to insult ratio. Let's just leave it at that.

Eric

That ratio may just decline for awhile without the constant acrimony. Just sayin'

luvmylabs23139
04-21-2011, 07:19 PM
Quiet during the day on my end because happy days the worst of tax season is behind me. The weather was great today and I got to play and so did the dogs. Hopefully the extension fools will get their stuff together soon so I don't get totally buried again in Oct.
Next crunch which means I'm stuck a computer is late June early July.

precisionlabradors
04-21-2011, 07:47 PM
i guess i don't understand the "fun" of discussing politics with people that have the same opinion. rk, sandyq, luvyerlabs, et al: do you just wanna come here and post up stuff that everyone agrees with and feel good about the e-group hug? if so, i understand your glee in opponents suspension/dismissal. your lives will be much more pleasant when you can just get the entire world to see things from your perspective.

luvmylabs23139
04-21-2011, 07:54 PM
i guess i don't understand the "fun" of discussing politics with people that have the same opinion. rk, sandyq, luvyerlabs, et al: do you just wanna come here and post up stuff that everyone agrees with and feel good about the e-group hug? if so, i understand your glee in opponents suspension/dismissal. your lives will be much more pleasant when you can just get the entire world to see things from your perspective.

Just what in my reply to why it was quiet had anything to do with what you posted?
I stated why I have not been online today.
Of course I will be very happy when the liberal idiots finally if ever wake up and smell the coffee.

BrownDog12
04-21-2011, 08:13 PM
Does anyone know why I have to post 10 messages before I can send a private message?

luvmylabs23139
04-21-2011, 08:15 PM
Does anyone know why I have to post 10 messages before I can send a private message?
It's standard for all of RPF. Its a built in spam control thing, nothing personal.

BrownDog12
04-21-2011, 08:15 PM
I too share your frustration. I am trying to send a pm but cannot do so until I send ten posts. I guess I meant as well post away. Only six more to go!

luvmylabs23139
04-21-2011, 08:18 PM
I too share your frustration. I am trying to send a pm but cannot do so until I send ten posts. I guess I meant as well post away. Only six more to go!

So what kind of retievers do you have? Just trying to help you get to ten posts:D

Marvin S
04-21-2011, 09:13 PM

Eric

IMO, a conscious effort on the part of those no longer here to scuttle threads. Try starting a thread with an eye to content & see what happened. Having one on ignore was similar to no longer subscribing to something that has proven meaningless.

IMO, I believe it will lead to some worthwhile discussions on subjects worthy of that effort. I personally think the folks here have a lot to offer each other on perspective.

JDogger
04-21-2011, 10:51 PM
IMO, I believe it will lead to some worthwhile discussions on subjects worthy of that effort. I personally think the folks here have a lot to offer each other on perspective.

Hmmm.... I think I'll have a piece of pie, and revisit in a while. I'm sure I'll learn something I didn't know before. :rolleyes: PP is the place I always come for my news and editorial, not to mention my entertainment.

JD

Ken Bora
04-22-2011, 06:46 AM
That's all water under the bridge. It's a new day; it's a new dawn.

All together now...

I can see clearly now, the rain is gone,......

or another song choice could be...
"All you Zombies hide your faces..........":rolleyes:

Ken Bora
04-22-2011, 06:59 AM
i guess i don't understand the "fun" of discussing politics with people that have the same opinion. ....

and that is a very good point. It would be like a Jehovahs Whiteness knocking on the door of a Kingdom Hall.;-)

http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/jza0152l.jpg