PDA

View Full Version : gdg** Can't Wait **gdg

M&K's Retrievers
04-22-2011, 04:02 PM
A friend in fixin to boil up 150 pounds of craw fish fresh from Louisiana. We only get this treat a couple of times a year so that makes even more special.

Mud Bugs, corn, sausage, new potatoes and cold beer regards,

:p:cool::p

road kill
04-22-2011, 04:03 PM
A friend in fixin to boil up 150 pounds of craw fish fresh from Louisiana. We only get this treat a couple of times a year so that makes even more special.

MMMMMMM!!!
Wish I was there.

RK

TxHillHunter
04-22-2011, 04:49 PM

Went to a boil on the lake last weekend - over 600 lbs. GOOD TIMES!

Hope you enjoy yours!!

Franco
04-22-2011, 07:31 PM
I love mine real spicey!

Crawfish are peaking right now. In about a month they will be too tough to peal. But then again, in a month gulf shrimp will be plentiful.

I just got back from one of my favorite restaurants and I noticed how big they are while I was eating my shrimp in corn grits.

Crawfish farming has become big buisness in S La. and has saved many a rice farmer now that they can double dip with rice and crawfish.

Throw in some mushrooms with sausage, corn, potatoes etc. They really soak up the spices!

M&K's Retrievers
04-22-2011, 07:35 PM
I love mine real spicey!

Crawfish are peaking right now. In about a month they will be too tough to peal. But then again, in a month gulf shrimp will be plentiful.

I just got back from one of my favorite restaurants and I noticed how big they are while I was eating my shrimp in corn grits.

Crawfish farming has become big buisness in S La. and has saved many a rice farmer now that they can double dip with rice and crawfish.

Throw in some mushrooms with sausage, corn, potatoes etc. They really soak up the spices!

Man, I'm miserable. :p

A couple of guys were talking about throwing in cauliflower. They said it really soaks up the heat and will light you up.

Franco
04-22-2011, 09:18 PM
I boil crawfish at home all the time now that I have my new 82 quart stainless steel pot;-)

I will eat 8 pounds at one sitting not including an ear of corn, potatoes, whole mushrooms and beer. I usually estimate 5pounds per adult male and 3 pounds per adult female/kids.

Never tried cauliflower. Any veggie that doesn't breakup when boiling with crawfish will do.

I know the feeling after a belly full. :D

ducknwork
04-22-2011, 09:25 PM
Man, that oil spill is really putting a hurting on gulf seafood.

bobbyb
04-22-2011, 10:10 PM
I boil crawfish at home all the time now that I have my new 82 quart stainless steel pot;-)

I will eat 8 pounds at one sitting not including an ear of corn, potatoes, whole mushrooms and beer. I usually estimate 5pounds per adult male and 3 pounds per adult female/kids.

Never tried cauliflower. Any veggie that doesn't breakup when boiling with crawfish will do.

I know the feeling after a belly full. :D

Bless your heart,you cooking crawfish or you making green salad..you turned vegan on me..82 qt. pot..Paa-leeeese.....
BobbyB
cajun

Franco
04-22-2011, 10:23 PM
Hey Mr Cajun, not everyone can have a fancy Blue Bug Boiler like yours;-)
Some of us do it the old-fashioned way, in a big pot!

I'm boiling some tofu for Easter. I'll save you some:razz:

bobbyb
04-22-2011, 10:43 PM
Hey Mr Cajun, not everyone can have a fancy Blue Bug Boiler like yours;-)
Some of us do it the old-fashioned way, in a big pot!

I'm boiling some tofu for Easter. I'll save you some:razz:

I guess i'm going to have to go down der and show you how you REALLY boil dem Ecreuvisse !!
BobbyB
cajun

Franco
04-22-2011, 11:04 PM
What we really need to do is catch us some bull wa wa rons one night and sautee them in some i-talian dressing!

BHB
04-23-2011, 12:40 PM
Sounds great but wait, I'm confused.:confused: I thought everything in the south was fried?:confused:

BHB

bobbyb
04-23-2011, 01:35 PM
Sounds great but wait, I'm confused.:confused: I thought everything in the south was fried?:confused:

BHB

Nay, the REAL cajuns can do it all... lol
BobbyB
cajun

duk4me
04-23-2011, 05:18 PM
Disgusting thread.:(

Beans and cornbread regards,

road kill
04-23-2011, 05:56 PM
Disgusting thread.:(

Beans and cornbread regards,

Brats and sauerkraut!!
With a big ol' frosty cold mug full!!:D

RK

zeus3925
04-23-2011, 06:19 PM
Hey I wish I knew this was the mudbug season in Louisiana When I'm down training in Georgia I 'll have to swing by and catch some of those Cajun bugs on my way back home to the tundra. In the meantime, Laissez les bon temps roulez and que la fête commence.

M&K's Retrievers
04-23-2011, 06:30 PM
Hey I wish I knew this was the mudbug season in Louisiana When I'm down training in Georgia I 'll have to swing by and catch some of those Cajun bugs on my way back home to the tundra. In the meantime, Laissez les bon temps roulez and que la fête commence.

Did he just call us a bad name? ;)

Don't eat 'em if the tail isn't curled regards, :barf: