PDA

View Full Version : FORD Motor Company

Franco
04-26-2011, 08:10 AM
FORD, making money the old fashioned way by building a product consumers want to buy!

Maybe Government Motors (GM) should look and see how FORD is doing it so that maybe tax payers can get back the 35 BILLION GM still owes us!

http://www.nola.com/business/index.ssf/2011/04/stocks_set_to_rise_with_strong.html

Gerry Clinchy
04-26-2011, 08:37 AM
Also interesting, Toyota was cooperating with Ford on the issue of customer satisfaction. I was surprised to hear that (my son works for Toyota).

Buzz
04-26-2011, 09:18 AM
When Ford was under $2/share, I was buying. :D

Franco
04-26-2011, 09:21 AM
And, GM stock is still below thier IPO, which tells me they overpriced it to begin with.

Buzz
04-26-2011, 09:28 AM
And, GM stock is still below thier IPO, which tells me they overpriced it to begin with.

F P/E = 10.10
GM P/E = 5.62

So, we'll see...

Recently my wife had an accident with her VW Passat, so I considered replacing it. I was going to buy American this time. I saw Fords and Dodges that I wouldn't mind having. I really didn't see much on the GM lot that tripped my trigger. I do like their trucks and some of the crossovers and SUV's but the car offerings were a non starter.

luvmylabs23139
04-26-2011, 10:01 AM
And the secured bond holders were totally hosed for the benefit of the UNSECURED union members that are in bed with BUMFACE. I wonder if he gets as much rear action as his friend Barney Butt Bumble.

luvmylabs23139
04-26-2011, 11:40 AM
F P/E = 10.10
GM P/E = 5.62

So, we'll see...

Recently my wife had an accident with her VW Passat, so I considered replacing it. I was going to buy American this time. I saw Fords and Dodges that I wouldn't mind having. I really didn't see much on the GM lot that tripped my trigger. I do like their trucks and some of the crossovers and SUV's but the car offerings were a non starter.

Doesn't your wife get a bit of a say in her new car? After all she will be the main driver. Seems strange to me this I< I < I is coming from the liberal.
DH and I are about as far right fiscally as you can get.
When it comes to any car for me his only major concern is that it have enough leg room for him to be comfy driving it if he has to. Reasonable request as He's a foot taller than me.
Maybe us repbublicans are not as nuts as the lefties think.:rolleyes:

Buzz
04-26-2011, 11:51 AM
Doesn't your wife get a bit of a say in her new car? After all she will be the main driver. Seems strange to me this I< I < I is coming from the liberal.
DH and I are about as far right fiscally as you can get.
When it comes to any car for me his only major concern is that it have enough leg room for him to be comfy driving it if he has to. Reasonable request as He's a foot taller than me.
Maybe us repbublicans are not as nuts as the lefties think.:rolleyes:

My wife has absolutely no interest in picking out vehicles, so long as we get her something with AWD.

luvmylabs23139
04-26-2011, 12:00 PM
My wife has absolutely no interest in picking out vehicles, so long as we get her something with AWD.

Ok, I get the AWD considering your weather. Have you looked at Subaru's (sp). My parents who live in CT have driven them for years. I've driven theirs and they are great in the snow but also fun in good weather.
THey have had everything from the practicle Outback to the sportscar version.
The red sportscar about 20 years ago that plowed thru the snow was the best!:razz: