PDA

View Full Version : Another unqualified Walker appointment

Roger Perry
04-26-2011, 11:06 AM
Well folks, Governor Walker has done it again. He passes over more qualified personnel to appoint one of his campaign contributors to a position where she has no experience.

Another Walker pick causes stir

Campaign worker named register of deeds over more-qualified candidates

By Patrick Marley (pmarley@journalsentinel.com) of the Journal Sentinel

Madison — In picking a new register of deeds for Marinette County, Gov. Scott Walker picked a Republican campaign worker with no experience with land records and vital records.
He passed over three candidates with detailed knowledge of how the office of the register of deeds works, including two deputies who have worked in the office for years.
The appointment comes after the GOP governor faced criticism because the son of a campaign supporter landed a top job at the state Department of Commerce.

Renee Miller started as Marinette County register of deeds on Wednesday, after being appointed to it earlier this month. Miller is a friend of Rep. John Nygren (R-Marinette), has worked on his campaigns for five years and is married to Nygren's campaign treasurer, Paul Miller.

The appointment has upset employees in the register of deeds office who applied for the job. One of the three employees in the office transferred to another county job, and another said she was considering doing the same, which would leave Miller without an experienced staff as she gets to know the office.
(How can this woman do a job she was appointed to do without knowing how to do her job and no one left to show her what to do? Will she just sit there at a desk and stare at the paperwork all day??? Sounds like she is just as qualified to be the Secretary of Defense if Walker ever gets elected as President.)

"We are confident Renee Miller will honorably serve as the next Marinette County register of deeds," said a statement from Werwie. "The process for this appointment was fair and resulted in choosing a qualified candidate. We constantly revise our appointment process to ensure qualified candidates are nominated."
Nygren was the only person to recommend Miller for the job. By contrast, Chasensky had 16 letters of recommendation, including ones from Rep. Jeff Mursau (R-Crivitz), the Marinette County Board chairman, and local bank, title and real estate officials.

Huempfner said she was concerned about putting the office in the hands of someone unfamiliar with such records.
"The job is of course ruled by the statutes," Huempfner said. "You just can't walk into the office and start running it."

Miller has worked as a bank service manager and has been active with the Jaycees, serving as state president in 2010. She said she would be good as register of deeds because she is a quick learner and has management experience.
"My plan is to go in and gather all the information I can and learn everything possible as quickly as possible," she said.
http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/120331509.html

huntinman
04-26-2011, 11:11 AM
I have enjoyed the last week or so so much that I am going to be proactive and put you on ignore now and save myself the headache. Have fun Roger.

Roger Perry
04-26-2011, 11:15 AM
I have enjoyed the last week or so so much that I am going to be proactive and put you on ignore now and save myself the headache. Have fun Roger.

Thank you glad to know I was missed;-)

Nor_Cal_Angler
04-26-2011, 11:44 AM
Well folks, Governor Walker has done it again. He passes over more qualified personnel to appoint one of his campaign contributors to a position where she has no experience.

Another Walker pick causes stir

Campaign worker named register of deeds over more-qualified candidates

By Patrick Marley (pmarley@journalsentinel.com) of the Journal Sentinel

Madison — In picking a new register of deeds for Marinette County, Gov. Scott Walker picked a Republican campaign worker with no experience with land records and vital records.
He passed over three candidates with detailed knowledge of how the office of the register of deeds works, including two deputies who have worked in the office for years.The appointment comes after the GOP governor faced criticism because the son of a campaign supporter landed a top job at the state Department of Commerce.

Renee Miller started as Marinette County register of deeds on Wednesday, after being appointed to it earlier this month. Miller is a friend of Rep. John Nygren (R-Marinette), has worked on his campaigns for five years and is married to Nygren's campaign treasurer, Paul Miller.

The appointment has upset employees in the register of deeds office who applied for the job. One of the three employees in the office transferred to another county job, and another said she was considering doing the same, which would leave Miller without an experienced staff as she gets to know the office.
(How can this woman do a job she was appointed to do without knowing how to do her job and no one left to show her what to do? Will she just sit there at a desk and stare at the paperwork all day??? Sounds like she is just as qualified to be the Secretary of Defense if Walker ever gets eledted as President.)

"We are confident Renee Miller will honorably serve as the next Marinette County register of deeds," said a statement from Werwie. "The process for this appointment was fair and resulted in choosing a qualified candidate. We constantly revise our appointment process to ensure qualified candidates are nominated."
Nygren was the only person to recommend Miller for the job. By contrast, Chasensky had 16 letters of recommendation, including ones from Rep. Jeff Mursau (R-Crivitz), the Marinette County Board chairman, and local bank, title and real estate officials.

Huempfner said she was concerned about putting the office in the hands of someone unfamiliar with such records.
"The job is of course ruled by the statutes," Huempfner said. "You just can't walk into the office and start running it."

Miller has worked as a bank service manager and has been active with the Jaycees, serving as state president in 2010. She said she would be good as register of deeds because she is a quick learner and has management experience.
"My plan is to go in and gather all the information I can and learn everything possible as quickly as possible," she said.
http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/120331509.html

Maybe that was the problem....

Maybe there was a need to say "out with the old, in with the new"

Maybe the county needed some new blood because the old blood had become septic....

I dont know about the particulars of Wisconson...but I sure could see the logic out here in CA...some much needed "new blood" is in order because these progressive, liberal, democrate's are killing this state...

NCA

Eric Johnson
04-26-2011, 01:23 PM
Roger-

Do you know where Marinette County is or anything about the land sales there? The population density would be about 30 persons/sq mile. With a total population of about 43,000 and 11,000 living in the county seat, it's really a good bit less than that.

The land is largely in forest and probably government owned.

I'd think this would be an ideal training ground for a novice in the office.

However, while Gov Walker's name is on the appointment letter, my sense is that the nomination was made by a local citizen....local politics in action.

Eric

Roger Perry
04-26-2011, 01:28 PM
Roger-

Do you know where Marinette County is or anything about the land sales there? The population density would be about 30 persons/sq mile. With a total population of about 43,000 and 11,000 living in the county seat, it's really a good bit less than that.

The land is largely in forest and probably government owned.

I'd think this would be an ideal training ground for a novice in the office.

However, while Gov Walker's name is on the appointment letter, my sense is that the nomination was made by a local citizen....local politics in action.

Eric

Wouldn't an entry level position have been a better place for her to start then head of a department she knows absoutely nothing about?????????????

road kill
04-26-2011, 01:32 PM
Wouldn't an entry level position have been a better place for her to start then head of a department she knows absoutely nothing about?????????????

Look at some of the unqualified "Czars" Obama has appointed.
Walker was elected Governor of WI.
He can appoint who he likes.

You have 2 choices, move up here and run for Governor or whine about it.
It's your choice.:D

RK

Roger Perry
04-26-2011, 01:47 PM
Look at some of the unqualified "Czars" Obama has appointed.
Walker was elected Governor of WI.
He can appoint who he likes.

You have 2 choices, move up here and run for Governor or whine about it.
It's your choice.:D

RK

Weather is too cold for me to move back up there. I hate the snow and freezing temperatures. I will take the 3rd choice----Wait until Walker has a year in office and watch him get recalled.;-)

road kill
04-26-2011, 01:50 PM
Weather is too cold for me to move back up there. I hate the snow and freezing temperatures. I will take the 3rd choice----Wait until Walker has a year in office and watch him get recalled.;-)

How much you want to bet.

I will bet you anything you want, ANYTHING, Walker will not get voted out through the recall process.

stan b

huntinman
04-26-2011, 02:08 PM
Stan, why waste your brain cells?

Roger Perry
04-26-2011, 02:57 PM
How much you want to bet.

I will bet you anything you want, ANYTHING, Walker will not get voted out through the recall process.

stan b

Well, we will see. Wasn't Governor Walker elected by about a 2% margin????? Isn't he trying to get a law passed that will reduce teachers and public workers income by 8% by making them pay more for their health insurance and contributing more for their retirement??????? If another election were held today do you think the majority of the people that will/would be affected by this law would vote for him again??????? Doubtful all teachers and public employees that voted for him are democrat.

BonMallari
04-26-2011, 03:06 PM
Roger , WHY are you so obsessed with Wisconsin and its politics, you're not a Wisconsinite, but yet you make claims as if you are firmly entrenched in the state on a daily basis....I love my home state of Texas,but grew up in Calif and currently reside in Nev and I dont pretend to know what is going on back home even after reading the Austin American Statesman on a daily basis

I can guess at your agenda...but prove to me that I am wrong

Roger Perry
04-26-2011, 03:25 PM
Roger , WHY are you so obsessed with Wisconsin and its politics, you're not a Wisconsinite, but yet you make claims as if you are firmly entrenched in the state on a daily basis....I love my home state of Texas,but grew up in Calif and currently reside in Nev and I dont pretend to know what is going on back home even after reading the Austin American Statesman on a daily basis

I can guess at your agenda...but prove to me that I am wrong

I was born there, grew up there and all my relatives live there. I have friends that live there and communicate with them on a weekly basis. I lived in Texas also but do not keep up with the politics there.

BonMallari
04-26-2011, 03:36 PM
I was born there, grew up there and all my relatives live there. I have friends that live there and communicate with them on a weekly basis. I lived in Texas also but do not keep up with the politics there.

Ok fair enough...where and when did you live in Texas ?

Roger Perry
04-26-2011, 03:39 PM
Ok fair enough...where and when did you live in Texas ?

I lived in Houston for about 10 years in the 70's to the mid 80's