PDA

View Full Version : Time to invest in GOLD???????

Roger Perry
04-26-2011, 12:42 PM
Why gold could hit $5,000

Fears of inflation and global turmoil have sent precious metals surging, with gold trading at all-time highs above $1,500 an ounce. How much further can it climb?

http://money.msn.com/investment-advice/why-gold-could-hit-5000-dollars-mirhaydari.aspx?GT1=33036

hotel4dogs
04-26-2011, 04:55 PM
I invested in GOLD 14 years ago. First one was a bitch.
Second GOLD was 13 years ago, a male.
Now my new GOLD is 4 years old, and he's a blast.
It's ALWAYS time to invest in GOLD ;)

Cody Covey
04-26-2011, 06:22 PM
I invested in GOLD 14 years ago. First one was a bitch.
Second GOLD was 13 years ago, a male.
Now my new GOLD is 4 years old, and he's a blast.
It's ALWAYS time to invest in GOLD ;)

If you really want to invest I'd suggest Silver! You don't have to buy any of those nasty health certifications and still get to charge top dollar when its time to sell :)

JDogger
04-26-2011, 06:51 PM
I wonder about gold. If the great conflagration of paper currency comes to be, and it might, and precious metals become the media of exchange...how long until the value drops? How far? How fast?
How much gold will it take to be dumped in to the global market tomorrow?

"you have gold...I have food", now how much would you pay?

Better invest in an AR or an AK...right?
JD

dixidawg
04-26-2011, 06:54 PM
Roger, have you been secretly watching Glenn Beck??????

TxHillHunter
04-26-2011, 06:55 PM
Why gold could hit $5,000

Fears of inflation and global turmoil have sent precious metals surging, with gold trading at all-time highs above $1,500 an ounce. How much further can it climb?

http://money.msn.com/investment-advice/why-gold-could-hit-5000-dollars-mirhaydari.aspx?GT1=33036

If gold get's to $5k per oz anytime soon, we're going to be worried about surviving...you know, food, shelter, etc.

"Etc." may mean buying enough 5.56 rounds to keep the looters at bay. :snipersmile:

JDogger
04-26-2011, 07:02 PM
If gold get's to $5k per oz anytime soon, we're going to be worried about surviving...you know, food, shelter, etc.

"Etc." may mean buying enough 5.56 rounds to keep the looters at bay. :snipersmile:

We must have been posting at the same time. THH.

JD

TxHillHunter
04-26-2011, 07:06 PM
We must have been posting at the same time. THH.

JD

Great minds and all.....haha!

Doc E
04-26-2011, 08:16 PM
Cody Covey is correct --
Gold is a good hedge against inflation/lessened value of the US dollar -- it has never been a profit maker.
Silver is not only a great hedge against inflation/lessened value of the US dollar, but it's also a profit maker.

bobbyb
04-26-2011, 10:33 PM
You might want to consider investing in "GROCERIES"
BobbyB
cajun

M&K's Retrievers
04-27-2011, 12:00 AM
I wonder about gold. If the great conflagration of paper currency comes to be, and it might, and precious metals become the media of exchange...how long until the value drops? How far? How fast?
How much gold will it take to be dumped in to the global market tomorrow?

"you have gold...I have food", now how much would you pay?

Better invest in an AR or an AK...right?
JD

A friend of mine long deceased always advised to keep a well supplied stash of cheap whiskey on hand in case of hard times. Not to drink but to barter with. When times are hard you can always get things done for whiskey. The government cannot devalue whiskey.

Marvin S
04-27-2011, 11:06 AM
IMO, there are certain strategic metals which based on geopolitical concerns & usage that would make better investments than the precious metals. Does require more research :-P.