PDA

View Full Version : Vince & Carrie

dback
04-26-2011, 06:35 PM
I'm always a little slow on this stuff so you all have probably seen this but it was new to me ....... and great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLLMzr3PFgk&feature=topvideos_music

TxHillHunter
04-26-2011, 06:51 PM
I'm always a little slow on this stuff so you all have probably seen this but it was new to me ....... and great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLLMzr3PFgk&feature=topvideos_music

Watched it last night....phenomenal!

JDogger
04-26-2011, 07:08 PM
I thought entertainers were not supposed to present personal points of view, either political, or philosophical.
Ya know we're so easily influenced.

JD

road kill
04-26-2011, 08:09 PM
Do progressives have to make fun of or take cheap shots at everything they don't understand??;-)

Beautiful, what soul.........

RK

huntinman
04-26-2011, 08:45 PM
I thought entertainers were not supposed to present personal points of view, either political, or philosophical.
Ya know we're so easily influenced.

JD

She didn't say anything like the dixie twits... she just sang. And mighty good if you ask me.

BonMallari
04-26-2011, 09:35 PM
the girl has a great set of pipes...(vocal chords)

JDogger
04-26-2011, 09:35 PM
She didn't say anything like the dixie twits... she just sang. And mighty good if you ask me.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll176/JDoggger/AwJeezNotThisSheetAgain1.jpg

JD

dback
04-26-2011, 10:33 PM
Ya know Dog........I thought for a change folks might like something other then the constant political BS. She is a tremendous talent and a beautiful woman.....I am likewise often impressed with Gill (an incredible talent in his own right) that willingly and often takes a back seat in order to place 'center stage' the gifts of others. Maybe I've missed it, but I don't recall either of them involving themselves in politics. It was obviously a mistake on my part to post this on a political forum as in some minds there must be some deviant political agenda by doing so. It wasn't too many years ago I was mesmerized by the incredible voice of a **gasp** democrat black women. Can you imagine......an old white dude acknowledging possibly the finest voice in our lifetime in Whitney Houston. What contemptible political agenda in the minds of some would I then have had? Any possibility you might just sit back and appreciate a true gift without interjecting some "doggieism"?

Losthwy
04-26-2011, 10:41 PM
Vince Gill is a talent. Carrie Underwood is to music what Twinkies is to food. Country music today sells a tremendous amount of product. Carrie Underwood, Faith Hill and others are stars because they have the look. Not exceptional talent but they package well. Music Row has moved from marketing to adults to the much more lucrative market of teenagers. Other words country music has become like top 40 heavy rotation pop of the sixties. It's banal, and soulless, but it sells. Other than a handful of recording acts like Lee Ann Womack country music has become a teenybopper product.

dback
04-26-2011, 11:06 PM
Carrie Underwood is to music what Twinkies is to food.

Multi-platinum selling Artist
Multi-Grammy Award winner
Golden Globe nominee
ACM & CMA Female vocalist winner
GMA Dove Award winner
Two time ACM Entertainer of the year
First ever Female back to back ACM Entertainer of the Year winner

.......in only five years......but of course you're right. :rolleyes:

BonMallari
04-26-2011, 11:30 PM
Carrie Underwood is to music what Twinkies is to food. Country music today sells a tremendous amount of product. Carrie Underwood, Faith Hill and others are stars because they have the look. Not exceptional talent but they package well. .

if Carrie Underwood is Twinkies, sign me up for a case, make that a pallet..

You must have missed Faith Hill filling in for an ill prepared Whitney Houston, a few years back on the Oscars, the gal has got the vocal range..

do they both market well ? Absolutely, but then again I like to enjoy my entertainment both visually and accoustically:D

Losthwy
04-27-2011, 10:51 AM
Multi-platinum selling Artist
Multi-Grammy Award winner
Golden Globe nominee
ACM & CMA Female vocalist winner
GMA Dove Award winner
Two time ACM Entertainer of the year
First ever Female back to back ACM Entertainer of the Year winner

.......in only five years......but of course you're right. :rolleyes:

Commercial success is not artistic achievement. They can sell a billion Twinkies, but it's still junk food.

Back Street Boys regards.

huntinman
04-27-2011, 10:59 AM
Ya know Dog...... Any possibility you might just sit back and appreciate a true gift without interjecting some "dogcrap"?

fixed it for you!

road kill
04-27-2011, 11:00 AM
Commercial success is not artistic achievement. They can sell a billion Twinkies, but it's still junk food.

Back Street Boys regards.

Cat fight???:D

RK

JDogger
04-27-2011, 11:29 AM
Ya know Dog........I thought for a change folks might like something other then the constant political BS. She is a tremendous talent and a beautiful woman.....I am likewise often impressed with Gill (an incredible talent in his own right) that willingly and often takes a back seat in order to place 'center stage' the gifts of others. Maybe I've missed it, but I don't recall either of them involving themselves in politics. It was obviously a mistake on my part to post this on a political forum as in some minds there must be some deviant political agenda by doing so. It wasn't too many years ago I was mesmerized by the incredible voice of a **gasp** democrat black women. Can you imagine......an old white dude acknowledging possibly the finest voice in our lifetime in Whitney Houston. What contemptible political agenda in the minds of some would I then have had? Any possibility you might just sit back and appreciate a true gift without interjecting some "doggieism"?

Not deviant, that is your word, not mine, but definitly an agenda. This is POTUS PLACE. We share, discuss and argue politics. It is not Facebook or Twitter. We have a couple music video posters here and I've always believed they do so because they are uncomfortable on the main forum.
Maybe we need another sub-forum.

road kill
04-27-2011, 12:46 PM
Not deviant, that is your word, not mine, but definitly an agenda. This is POTUS PLACE. We share, discuss and argue politics. It is not Facebook or Twitter. We have a couple music video posters here and I've always believed they do so because they are uncomfortable on the main forum.

Maybe it's fine the way it is???:cool:

BTW--Music videos have been posted more than once on the RTF board.
It seems some posters just have to criticize anything that is posted.

RK

Losthwy
04-27-2011, 02:13 PM
Not that it has anything to do talent or lack of, but
do a goggle search "Carrie Underwood HSUS". Not that anyone here would mine some of their money goes to HSUS via Carrie.;-)

huntinman
04-27-2011, 02:30 PM
do a goggle search "Carrie Underwood HSUS". Not that anyone here would mine some of their money goes to HSUS via Carrie.;-)

She married a hunter...he'll straighten that mess out...

dback
04-27-2011, 04:26 PM

LOL....I only have some six hundred and change posts over the course of five years.....I'd love for you to use some of your free time perusing them to provide us with supporting evidence for that claim. I don't argue religion if that is your assertion.

:idea:Take it up with Chris.....in the mean time don't reread or respond to any thread that fails to meet your personal criteria.

I was aware of her affiliation with both PETA & HSUS. It has been since my HS days that any artist has collected a dime from me (and that's been awhile :shock:) It will be interesting to see how she fares trying to separate a NHL player from his red meat. (There's gotta be a joke in there somewhere ;-) )