PDA

View Full Version : Would have, could have, what if????

Ken Bora
05-03-2011, 06:19 AM
Would have, could have, what if????

My it is easy to sit back and do some arm chair speculation isnít it?
Imagine if some campaign promises had come true?
Following the morning news, about the Intel trail. How the curriers phone number was acquired. Now donít get me wrong here, I feel strongly that President Obama and TEAM did a very good job here with OBL. Now it seems to me, in my humble point of view. That if ďObama 2008Ē had achieved all he promised, President Obama could not have gotten the job done. I wonder if anybody in and around the oval office noticed this as well? :o
I wonder how this will change our President?
I wonder if the apology phase is finally over and the kick some global hinny phase has begun?

subroc
05-03-2011, 06:30 AM
I wonder how this will change our President?
I wonder if the apology phase is finally over and the kick some global hinny phase has begun?

I doubt his apology phase will ever be over. Playing one game of stratego in an office with friends does not make one a warrior.

M&K's Retrievers
05-03-2011, 09:08 AM
I doubt he will change but wouldn't you have like to been in the situation room watching those clowns? I bet there was a lot of "Holy Snikies!! Did you see that? I didn't know we could do that!!" :D

road kill
05-03-2011, 09:10 AM
BTW---It appears that a lot of the information used in this sortie was gleaned from WATER BOARDING a certain "detainee" at GITMO.

Thank you President Bush!!!

RK

M&K's Retrievers
05-03-2011, 09:24 AM
BTW---It appears that a lot of the information used in this sortie was gleaned from WATER BOARDING a certain "detainee" at GITMO.

RK

I've heard it both ways on this so I don't know which is correct. A Senator (from NY I think) was on Bill O last night and said info resulted from water boarding while I heard another report saying it didn't come from WB. Who knows. This will be debated for weeks.

First liar doesn't have a chance regards,

Edit: Just heard on Fox that Rumsfeld said last night the information did not come from WB

luvmylabs23139
05-03-2011, 09:43 AM
My bet is that the info did come from waterboarding but the current Whitehouse will completley deny it because it going against their policies and we all know that Obama will nver admit he was wrong.

road kill
05-03-2011, 09:49 AM
My bet is that the info did come from waterboarding but the current Whitehouse will completley deny it because it going against their policies and we all know that Obama will nver admit he was wrong.

It would be even more difficult for the progressives to admit Bush was right.

It would kill a poster or two on this site.

RK

Roger Perry
05-03-2011, 10:05 AM

RK

Sorry to bust your Bush Bubble but-----------------

RUMSFELD: NO WATERBOARDING LEADING TO COURIER; TIMELINE DOESN’T MATCH UP (http://radio.foxnews.com/2011/05/02/rumsfeld-no-waterboarding-leading-to-courier-timeline-doesn%e2%80%99t-match-up/)

The right is grasping at straws trying to justify harsh interrogation techniques to burnish the legacy of George W. Bush and Dick Cheney. That is why the narrative they’ve created credits waterboarding with obtaining information leading to the demise of Osama bin Laden. However, close analysis shows this is not so, as Marcy Wheeler traces the events (http://emptywheel.firedoglake.com/2011/05/02/the-osama-bin-laden-trail-shows-waterboarding-didnt-work/).
Khalid Shaikh Mohammed (pictured) was waterboarded 183 times, which would already signal it didn’t work. Information about the courier who led to finding bin Laden came much after the waterboarding of Mohammed took place.
…while the CIA may have learned the courier’s nickname earlier, they didn’t learn his true name until “four years ago”–so late 2006 at the earliest. And they didn’t learn where the courier operated until around 2009.
From these dates we can conclude that either KSM shielded the courier’s identity entirely until close to 2007, or he told his interrogators that there was a courier who might be protecting bin Laden early in his detention but they were never able to force him to give the courier’s true name or his location, at least not until three or four years after the waterboarding of KSM ended.
Like Mohammed, his successor Abu Faraj al-Libi was harshly interrogated, but it is unlikely that it was that which led to actionable information.

http://radio.foxnews.com/2011/05/02/rumsfeld-no-waterboarding-leading-to-courier-timeline-doesn’t-match-up/?amp&amp

Ken Bora
05-03-2011, 10:48 AM
Sorry to bust your Bush Bubble but-----------------

RUMSFELD: NO WATERBOARDING (http://radio.foxnews.com/2011/05/02/rumsfeld-no-waterboarding-leading-to-courier-timeline-doesn%e2%80%99t-match-up/)

so, you-all been saying everything "Rummy" says is a lie for years and now
..............OH GOSH IT'S CARVED IN STONE................;-) ;-)

can you have it both ways????????:rolleyes:

Mr. Rumsfeld is welcome in my duck blind any day he would like.

Sue Kiefer
05-03-2011, 01:00 PM
Who cares???
Standing together as Americas is what it's all about. I feel proud to have said that we kicked the sorry a-hole.
God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nobody messes with the USA.
Sue

charly_t
05-03-2011, 01:18 PM
Who cares???
Standing together as Americas is what it's all about. I feel proud to have said that we kicked the sorry a-hole.
God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nobody messes with the USA.
Sue

Yeah, I think we can thank a lot of people for the outcome on this. They have been working on this since the twin towers went down ( and before to some extent ). We have some very smart, able dedicated people in the good old USA.

Losthwy
05-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Yeah, I think we can thank a lot of people for the outcome on this. They have been working on this since the twin towers went down ( and before to some extent ). We have some very smart, able dedicated people in the good old USA.

Working for this moment for about 13 years through Bush back to the Clinton administration. Which is why President Obama called both former Presidents to personally inform them. The partisan snubbing and sniping on this occasion is pointless. The 3,000 families of those killed in PA., Pentagon, WTC, USS Cole and other places got justice. That's what matters.