PDA

View Full Version : KCRC Hunt Test Cancelled

Steve Kelley
05-06-2011, 07:17 PM
The Kansas City Retriever Club has had to cancel its Spring Hunt Test due to low entries. We would like to thank all that entered the event and hope you will consider us in the future. All fees will be refunded including the Entry Express fee.

BMay
05-07-2011, 09:15 AM
Steve...what do you guys attribute the cause for the lack of entries? KCRC has always had decent entries for their hunt tests in the past. I do remember when the event was held over the 4 days of Memorial Day weekend.
Bob

MDowney
05-07-2011, 08:53 PM
Maybe it was the Friday start for Masters?

Steve Kelley
05-08-2011, 06:33 PM
We are not really sure,but we believe multiple factors are involved. Another test is very close to ours closer for some Pro's to get to.Some dogs have all the passes they need after a Texas winter trip? Gas prices another factor. I do not think it was the Friday start,most of the people I spoke with liked it . I wish I had an answer so we could fix it in the future. Any ideas or suggestions on improvements will be taken to heart so if anybody has any fire away.

MDowney
05-08-2011, 06:42 PM
Steve,

The Friday start did not affect me. I was entered in Master and senior. I was looking forward to the test next weekend. See you Labor Day weekend at the next KC test. Give Ranger a pat.

JTS
05-08-2011, 07:09 PM
90 dogs entered at Ozark........that is a portion of the reason. A lot of folks are going south to the Retriever Academy grounds in OK. Nice grounds with 2 tests in 3 weekends. It drew alot of pros and owners.

Steve Kelley
05-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Thanks , Ranger is a good boy we are having a great time with him. We hope to see everyone this fall. Its not all about the numbers we just need enough to cover costs,Michelle and I consider these people great friends and we don't get to see everyone as often as we would like. We know alot of the dogs and enjoy seeing them run and do well. See you this fall, thanks again.

Steve Kelley
05-08-2011, 07:39 PM
Yes alot of dogs went to run the Ozark Test. I wish it was one weekend away from ours. They have great grounds and people also its a shame no one got the opportunity run both.