PDA

View Full Version : Open Judge added to PRTA - Twin Bridges

BonMallari
05-08-2011, 01:01 PM
George Wilson will be judging the Open at the PRTA field trial in Twin Bridges MT, the week prior to the National Amateur in Ronan MT...for those unfamiliar with George, he is a former National Am judge and has also been a National Finalist..he has trained numerous FC AFC's and has won multiple National Championships in the GSP Shooting Dog Trials

with the National the following week the event promises to be attended by many of the top dogs/trainers/handlers looking to qualify for or tune up for the National...He will be judging the Open with Clint Mallari :D:D

EdA
05-08-2011, 01:31 PM
George Wilson will be judging the Open at the PRTA field trial in Twin Bridges MT, the week prior to the National Amateur in Ronan MT...for those unfamiliar with George, he is a former National Am judge and has also been a National Finalist..he has trained numerous FC AFC's and has won multiple National Championships in the GSP Shooting Dog Trials

with the National the following week the event promises to be attended by many of the top dogs/trainers/handlers looking to qualify for or tune up for the National...He will be judging the Open with Clint Mallari :D:D

George will no doubt be surprised at the depth of quality of the field during his almost two decade absence.

Marvin S
05-08-2011, 06:59 PM
George will no doubt be surprised at the depth of quality of the field during his almost two decade absence.

Having some experience around George's judging assignments I would note he had the "knack" :) (remember that recent thread?). It's a plus for the sport when individuals such as George are willing to give their time watching dogs for a weekend.

The thing I remember most about his tests was the statement "Ingenuity on the part of the judges should be encouraged", George being knowledgeable enough to handle that.

Oily Adams, regards :).

EdA
05-08-2011, 08:42 PM
Marvin, George's credentials are not in question, the "game" is dynamic, he has been involved in other dog pursuits for almost 20 years, you make pointed remarks about judge's qualifications, what is the statute of limitations on those qualifications?

I sense a bit of hypocrisy, am I incorrect?

Marvin S
05-08-2011, 10:32 PM
Marvin, George's credentials are not in question, the "game" is dynamic, he has been involved in other dog pursuits for almost 20 years, you make pointed remarks about judge's qualifications, what is the statute of limitations on those qualifications?

I sense a bit of hypocrisy, am I incorrect?

IMO, FWIW, someone who's trained several dogs to competitiveness & remains somewhat a student of the sport just doesn't lose it. The sport loses when they do not use that talent.

The pointed remarks made have to do with people not qualified initially to hold the book, of which there are many. I'm sure you know one or two, if you don't someone else can give you a list ;-). That is not hypocritical :).