PDA

View Full Version : The TRUTH from Brookfield WI

road kill
05-08-2011, 02:12 PM
Don't know if anyone is interested in what is REALLY going on in WI, or just the pipe dreams of an out of state secular progressive, but here is what really happened with the recount in Brookfield WI;

City of Brookfield Recount Completed
After a meticulous hand recount, Prosser gained three additional votes and Kloppenburg gained one more vote from City of Brookfield voters. By Lisa Sink | Email the author | May 7, 2011

"Drum roll, please."

Those were the words uttered as elections consultant Barb Hansen read aloud the vote tally for the final polling ward for the City of Brookfield.

And with that, at 6:19 p.m. Saturday, volunteer tabulators finished the meticulous three-day hand recount of the more than 14,000 votes cast by City of Brookfield voters for the state Supreme Court race on April 5.

Its finish is just the beginning for the Waukesha County Board of Canvassers, who still have about 70% of the county's votes to recount, after 10 days of work including two consecutive Saturdays. That's in stark contrast to 67 other counties that have finished their recounts, and the four others that expect to be complete by Monday, leaving Waukesha alone in the spotlight.

But it was a milestone for tabulators because much scrutiny has been on the City of Brookfield's votes ever since Waukesha County Clerk Kathy Nickolaus called a press conference two days after the election to announce a stunner: that in the razor-thin high court race in which Assistant State Attorney General JoAnne Kloppenburg had declared victory with a 200-vote margin out of 1.5 million cast, an entire city's votes had not been included in the statewide tally.

A city with 14,315 votes, about 76 percent of which went to the other candidate, the conservative incumbent, Justice David Prosser Jr.

The sudden "discovery" of votes that had not been previously reported — coming from one of the most conservative municipalities in one of the most conservative counties — had many crying foul. The votes, however, had been reported in a detailed ward-by-ward breakdown in a Brookfield Patch story four hours after the polls closed.
But after the three-day hand recount, the city's votes were for the most part upheld as accurate. The recount netted three additional votes for Prosser and one additional vote for Kloppenburg, for a final city margin of 10,862 to 3,457, according to Ellen Nowak, chief of staff for Waukesha County Executive Dan Vrakas.

The city's recount was not without disputes and controversy. It is yet unclear whether Kloppenburg will challenge any of the votes in court, such as more the more than 1,500 votes cast in the high court race by voters in the city's Wards 1, 2 and 3.

Those ballots were inside bags that were not properly sealed post-election and found partially open during the recount. Kloppenburg campaign representatives objected to the bags being opened and votes counted due to questions about the ballots' security and potential tampering.

But retired Waukesha County Circuit Judge Robert Mawdsley, appointed to oversee the recount in lieu of Nickolaus, allowed their recount, saying it would be up another court to decide, should it be challenged in court.

On Monday morning, Waukesha County Corporation Counsel Tom Farley will explain why more time is needed as the state Government Accountability Board asks a Dane County judge to extend the May 9 deadline for finishing the historic statewide recount.

And back in Waukesha, the recount will move to the cafeteria in the Administration Building, a much larger room than the first-floor conference room where it has been held since April 27. Double the number of tabulators will be on hand to try to speed up the county's recount, while still undergoing a more detailed process than many counties, recorded for posterity by a court reporter hired by the county.

BTW--this was reported the night of the election;

Government
Brookfield Gives Prosser Nearly 11K Votes
Incumbent State Supreme Court Justice David Prosser gets 10,859 votes from city residents or 76 percent against JoAnne Kloppenburg.
By Lisa Sink | Email the author | April 6, 2011
As expected, Brookfield city voters ran up a good turnout in the state Supreme Court race and gave incumbent Justice David Prosser nearly 11,000 votes.

Unofficial, unaudited results showed 76 percent of city residents who voted picked Prosser, with 24 percent voting for challenger JoAnne Kloppenburg.

That translated to a city voting turnout of about 53 percent, the city's second-highest for a spring election since 2001, but nowhere near the 79 percent turnout for the gubernatorial race last November.

City of Brookfield Votes for State Supreme Court
Ward Prosser Kloppenburg
1 475 177
2 439 183
3 547 168
4 516 153
5 533 159
6 572 167
7 394 124
8 377 152
9 480 150
10 357 121
11 628 116
12 566 160
13 463 94
14 246 88
15 320 133
16 377 95
17 668 174
18 497 147
19 538 185
20 570 163
21 230 110
22 333 130
23 323 105
24 410 202
TOTAL 10859 3456
__________________________________________________ ________

After the recount, the numbers changed by 4 votes.
Concocted issues aside, Prosser was elected, but efforts are still afoot with Al Frankens attorneys working at a feverish pace to steal this election.

Well done Brookfield!!!!

RK

RK

Roger Perry
05-08-2011, 02:53 PM
Let me be the first to say I have previously stated that I thought a recount should not even have taken place because of the number of votes that seperated the two was over 7,000 votes and was a waste of taxpayer dollars to do a recount.

However, when a complete unknown went up against an incumbent and almost beat him it spoke volumes of how the people of Wisconsin felt about their Governor.

Scott Walker's vacated seat was not filled by another Republican but his opponent won by a landslide. Again the people spoke in volumes how they feel about their present Governor as does the lopsided number of Senators that will be recalled for a new vote in July---- 7 Republicans recalled compared to 3 Democrat Senators recalled.

road kill
05-08-2011, 04:09 PM
How patehetically desperate!!

RK

Roger Perry
05-08-2011, 04:19 PM
I thought you had me on Ignore. Was much better when you did.;-)

road kill
05-08-2011, 04:22 PM
I thought you had me on Ignore. Was much better when you did.;-)

Can't you go stain another thread?
This thread is based on fact, way over your head.

RK

Roger Perry
05-08-2011, 04:24 PM
Can't you go stain another thread?
This thread is based on fact, way over your head.

RK

Didn't I state a fact. I said the recount should have never taken place as it was a waste of taxpayer money. 7.000 votes were too much to overcome. In fact I said that right after the results of the election were in. A waste of taxpayer money.;-)

caryalsobrook
05-08-2011, 09:20 PM
Let me be the first to say I have previously stated that I thought a recount should not even have taken place because of the number of votes that seperated the two was over 7,000 votes and was a waste of taxpayer dollars to do a recount.

However, when a complete unknown went up against an incumbent and almost beat him it spoke volumes of how the people of Wisconsin felt about their Governor.

Scott Walker's vacated seat was not filled by another Republican but his opponent won by a landslide. Again the people spoke in volumes how they feel about their present Governor as does the lopsided number of Senators that will be recalled for a new vote in July---- 7 Republicans recalled compared to 3 Democrat Senators recalled.

How qould you compare this to the "COMPLETE UNKNOWN WHO WON THE DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY IN SOUTH CAROLINA TO RUN AS THE DEMOCRATIC CHOICE FOR THE US SENATE" Actually I expect no answer.

Roger Perry
05-09-2011, 06:24 AM
How qould you compare this to the "COMPLETE UNKNOWN WHO WON THE DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY IN SOUTH CAROLINA TO RUN AS THE DEMOCRATIC CHOICE FOR THE US SENATE" Actually I expect no answer.
I am not from South Carolina and do not know about their elections there. Why don't you tell us all about it.;-)

However, Governor Scott Walker won the election for Governor in Wisconsin along with a majority in the Senate. After he took over the office of the Governor, he has tried passsing a controversial law taking bargining right away from public employees. Now voters are having second thought about electing him as can be seen by the number of Republican Senators that are being recalled (7) compared to the 3 Democrats being recalled. The law Walker is trying to pass is hung up in the courts.
When Walker was campaigning for the Governorship he made no mention of his wanting to bust the unions there.

If anyone has a link to Walker's campaign promise to take away union bargaining rights and reduce public employee health care benefits or increase the amount public employees will have to contribute to their retirement plan please post the link. I would be interested in seeing it.

Ken Bora
05-09-2011, 07:27 AM

If anyone has a link to Walker's campaign promise to take away union bargaining rights and reduce public employee health care benefits or increase the amount public employees will have to contribute to their retirement plan please post the link. I would be interested in seeing it.

I don't have a link or even a dog in the fight.
I do however have a memory and a television set.
That feller promised repeatedly to "GET SPENDING UNDER CONTROL"
so.... wouldn't YOU think EVERY voter in that state would understand that means doing with

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

?

BTW the constant ever so tiring, pathetically insulting "Post a link post a link post a link" is worthless.
Type what you know in your heart 'cause the internets are full of lies. Posting a link don't make it fact at all.
I can find links showing an amazing amount of absurdities from-
Yeti's prefer Suave shampoo to Democrats are responsible spenders of public monies.:rolleyes:

And what do BOTH of us Roger, know about BOTH of those statements??

hmmmmmm?

caryalsobrook
05-09-2011, 07:30 AM
I am not from South Carolina and do not know about their elections there. Why don't you tell us all about it.;-)

However, Governor Scott Walker won the election for Governor in Wisconsin along with a majority in the Senate. After he took over the office of the Governor, he has tried passsing a controversial law taking bargining right away from public employees. Now voters are having second thought about electing him as can be seen by the number of Republican Senators that are being recalled (7) compared to the 3 Democrats being recalled. The law Walker is trying to pass is hung up in the courts.
When Walker was campaigning for the Governorship he made no mention of his wanting to bust the unions there.

Are you from Wisconsin? Is that why you know more about Wisconsin that South Carolina?????

Roger Perry
05-09-2011, 07:40 AM
Are you from Wisconsin? Is that why you know more about Wisconsin that South Carolina?????

Yes, I was born in Milwaukee, went to grade school and high school in West Bend, Wisconsin. I entered the U.S. Navy when I lived in West Bend and when I got out of the Navy I lived and worked in and around West Bend Wisconsin.;-)

road kill
05-09-2011, 07:47 AM

He has actually proven he knows less about Wisconsin than South Carolina, and knows 0 about South Carolina!!;-)

RK

Roger Perry
05-09-2011, 07:49 AM
I don't have a link or even a dog in the fight.
I do however have a memory and a television set.
That feller promised repeatedly to "GET SPENDING UNDER CONTROL"
so.... wouldn't YOU think EVERY voter in that state would understand that means doing with

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

?

BTW the constant ever so tiring, pathetically insulting "Post a link post a link post a link" is worthless.
Type what you know in your heart 'cause the internets are full of lies. Posting a link don't make it fact at all.
Yeti's prefer Suave shampoo to Democrats are responsible spenders of public monies.:rolleyes:

hmmmmmm?

I try to back up most my posts with information I have gathered from a reliable source. If I am asked where I got my information I can submit a link to where that information came from. I don't claim to be right 100% of the time nor do I expect everyone to agree with me. If people want to express an opinion that is fine with me but if you state something as a fact you should be able to back it up with a reliable source.

Top of the list of campaign promises for most ALL Republicans is cutting taxes because every voter LOVES to hear their taxes will be less. However tax cuts do not help reduce the deficit. Republicans know the Democrats get alot of financial support from unions. Their thinking is hey, if we take money out of the pockets of the unions they will not have it to contribute to the Democrats. Here is part of Walker's campaign promises.

Taxes
Walker promised to veto all tax increases. And he promised a lower tax burden for "all” individuals and job creators. That included a list of specific tax cuts that the liberal advocacy group One Wisconsin Now says adds up to $5 billion in revenue.
Walker pledged to eliminate the state tax on retirement income, cut and eventually scrap the corporate income tax, lower the personal income tax, freeze property taxes, cut small business taxes, and repeal the emergency 2009 tax hikes on high incomes, capital gains and combined business income.
Scot Ross, who heads One Wisconsin Now, believes Walker over-promised on taxes under pressure in a tight primary election and won"t be able to balance the budget if he does all of that.
Even Republican Party executive director Mark Jefferson says an economic turnaround — that brings in more income tax revenue to balance the budget — is a prerequisite for keeping all the tax pledges.

Lowering taxes sounds great but if he wants to balance the budget lower taxes AFTER that goal is reached. With hundreds of thousands out of work and not paying taxes how can he even think of reducing taxes ?????

Buzz
05-09-2011, 09:57 AM

hmmmmmm?

[/SIZE]

If you think it's ok to post up "opinion" without backing it up with facts, that's fine. There are many fine sources of information on the internet, and there are many that aren't worth the 1's and 0's it takes to transmit them through cyberspace. I learned with the very first research paper I ever wrote that making an argument and not backing it up with well sourced facts earns you a subpar grade.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts on arguing from the heart:

There is always an easy solution to every human problem—neat, plausible, and wrong.

-- H. L. Mencken

Ken Bora
05-09-2011, 10:10 AM
I feel, in my opinion.
That here in potus/rtf.
The constant, repetitive typing of the phrase
"Post a link"
over and over and over by a select few.
has become rtf/potus slang/code for saying
"Your a God Damned Liar and I would not believe you if you said the sky is up"
and I am ever so slowly growing weary of it.
Because those same that are always using it
are also the most frequent posters of factually challenged statements.
Why is it those who lie the most think every one else is as well?????
Hmmmm???

Roger Perry
05-09-2011, 10:17 AM
I feel, in my opinion.
That here in potus/rtf.
"Post a link"
Hmmmm???

You got a link for that???????????:BIG:

All kidding aside, If someone makes a statement and presents it as a fact I and some others here would like to research the validity of the statement. Some on here post up the most rediculous articles from off the wall sources with little or no truth to them at all. To give a few examples, Huntinman submitted an article about Shell Oil losing drilling rights in Alaska. It was presented as something happening recently when research showed it took place in 2008 while another was President. Gman0046 submitted an article saying Obama hesitated and another had to give the order for the SEALS to invade the compound where bin Laden was living. Research showed that to not be the truth. It was only fabricated by a web site that encourages others to write articles that they will publish. No where in any news sources were these stories true. Well, Faux did run with the story that Hannity made to look like it was current news. But who takes faux news with a grain of salt anyway??????? Unfair and unbalance. (unfair and unbalanced was just my opinion)

On the other hand opinions are just that and everyone has a right to their own.

Buzz
05-09-2011, 10:58 AM
I feel, in my opinion.
That here in potus/rtf.
"Post a link"
Hmmmm???

Well, I use the phrase quite frequently so I'm sure that this is aimed at me.

I take great care to research my facts, so I appreciate that you feel that I am one of the most frequent posters of factually challenged statements.

When I use the phrase, I am not calling anyone a liar. What I am doing is saying that I don't agree with that statement, could you please show me where you got this information? Then I can do my own research to see if I am misinformed or if the poster is stating an opinion that has no basis in fact.

I guess if my way of discussing politics is so insulting, it's time to swear off POTUS. I'm done.

road kill
05-09-2011, 11:13 AM
"There are lies, damned lies and statistics......."

When someone admits their mind will be changed by a link, then they will matter.
(can't you just see Jdogger saying "WOW RK, that was such a great link, I think I'll change my mind!!")

By and large when a link is posted the source is denigrated.
We are all where we are due to the roads we have traveled.

No matter how wrong YOU are!!!;-)

RK

Roger Perry
05-09-2011, 11:58 AM
"There are lies, damned lies and statistics......."

When someone admits their mind will be changed by a link, then they will matter.
(can't you just see Jdogger saying "WOW RK, that was such a great link, I think I'll change my mind!!")

By and large when a link is posted the source is denigrated.
We are all where we are due to the roads we have traveled.

No matter how wrong YOU are!!!;-)

RK

Or what you choose to believe no matter what the facts say.;-)

Ken Bora
05-09-2011, 02:27 PM
..... if my way of discussing politics is so insulting, it's time to swear off POTUS. I'm done.

no way that can be true,
I'll need a link please;-) :D

Ken Bora
05-09-2011, 02:29 PM
Oh, I wuz pokin' with Roger at the time as he asked for a Walker link.
But, makes me a wonder how many folk thought I wuz talkin' bout them?

road kill
05-09-2011, 02:29 PM
Or what you choose to believe no matter what the facts say.;-)

BTW---In regard to YOUR sources.....

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RK:D

Roger Perry
05-09-2011, 03:28 PM
BTW---In regard to YOUR sources.....

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RK:D

I take it you do not think the Milwaukee Journal/Sentinal a good news source????????

road kill
05-09-2011, 04:16 PM
I take it you do not think the Milwaukee Journal/Sentinal a good news source????????

The Journal Sentinel is a well known liberal leaning paper.
I think the Globe Democrat in St Louis may be to the left of them.

But that is just 1 of your unbiased sources!:rolleyes:

RK

Roger Perry
05-09-2011, 04:46 PM
The Journal Sentinel is a well known liberal leaning paper.
I think the Globe Democrat in St Louis may be to the left of them.

But that is just 1 of your unbiased sources!:rolleyes:

RK

My other news source is the Daily News which is an online source that covers news items from West Bend. Are you saying they are a liberal leaning paper as well????????????? I know that the Republican Senator from West Bend is not being recalled because the County is Republican and there would not be a good chanch to unseat the Senator from there.;-)

I try to be as factual as possible and not just make up stories or just voice opinions. I am not "out to get you" or "show you up." I do not call you names nor do I make fun of you.

Oh, and I sometimes use Capital Hill Blue as a news source. They claim they are the first online non partisan news source on the internet. I see stories that come out on there first before they appear in the main stream news sources.